*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

7 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

I've just gone an entire season playing the default gegenpress tactic with Dulwich in the Vanarama South with a very small team of around 18 players and ended up finishing 2nd with a media prediction of 16th.

How can a team of part time players play such high intensity football with only a squad of 18 players? During games my players were knackered but it didn't seem to influence results my team just carried on playing and winning game after game. 

I was expecting a ton of injuries to deal with, players to tired for the next match etc, the team losing momentum towards the final 1/3 of the match but, nothing, its such an overpowered tactic with no consequences and this was suppose to be fixed, yet again I fall for the sales talk and believed it was fixed. 

I believe that's the result of lack of frequency of injuries in the game. Apparently it's meant to be 80% to real life but after testing myself I believe it's 40% to real life because the occurrence of injuries is seriously low. In the beta I went through half a season with only one minor injury. In full version only a few 1-4 day minor injuries occured every fortnight until I gave up and patched it with a mod

Thankfully there is a mod which can be used to make injuries more realistic otherwise the game becomes too easy and no point having any depth or chances to youngsters because the 1st team  players are always fit and only pick up minor injuries. I actually think this is a game breaking  immersion killer and can't believe that there haven't been more complaints about this but I know SI get a lot of complaints about injuries in the past so they try to make those pple happy. The main challenge of any manager is dealing with injuries and match fitnesss. What is the point of management if you can just pick your best eleven every time and if they don't play they complain so no point in investing in youth.

Saying that another thing I find immersion killer is the pitch textures, which look like they were made out from the same graphics of a sega master system

Edited by Metal

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Metal said:

I believe that's the result of lack of frequency of injuries in the game. Apparently it's meant to be 80% to real life but after testing myself I believe it's 40% to real life because the occurrence of injuries is seriously low. In the beta I went through half a season with only one minor injury. In full version only a few 1-4 day minor injuries occured every fortnight until I gave up and patched it with a mod

Thankfully there is a mod which can be used to make injuries more realistic otherwise the game becomes too easy and no point having any depth or chances to youngsters because the 1st team  players are always fit and only pick up minor injuries. I actually think this is a game breaking  immersion killer and can't believe that there haven't been more complaints about this but I know SI get a lot of complaints about injuries in the past so they try to make those pple happy. The main challenge of any manager is dealing with injuries and match fitnesss. What is the point of management if you can just pick your best eleven every time and if they don't play they complain so no point in investing in youth.

Saying that another thing I find immersion killer is the pitch textures, which look like they were made out from the same graphics of a sega master system

But again, you'll find loads of people saying the opposite, which is why everything on here needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

1 hour ago, limey150781 said:

But again, you'll find loads of people saying the opposite, which is why everything on here needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Where are these ''loads'' of people saying the opposite? All I can see is one person creating a thread complaining about their players getting jaded far too often and not being able to play 50 odd games with one player. 

I have not seen any evidence of someone complaining about there being too many injuries in the game or anyone provide any proof/screenshots of any injury crisis whatsoever and that's because it doesn't happen. Without a injury mod, injuries in the game are a rarity so you can play your team week in week out, give them a bit of rotation and they'll avoid serious injuries(barring the odd 2-3 week injury which can happen once in a while) I know because I've done it and reported it. I went 5-6 months without any injuries in one save on the beta. 

Another poster reported the same experience and had no choice but to add actual injuries in the game to make it more realistic because without it using your squad without any injury challenges is too easy. Yes players do get regularly jaded but that counts for nothing when there is no consequence of overplaying players who all avoid injury as if they're machines.

Edited by Metal

13 hours ago, Metal said:

I keep bringing this up but the lowering of injuries without having the option of having them at a realistic level is a massive oversight imo. I may be simplifying the problem but this is one of the things where I feel SI just had to stick to their guns and keep the injury level realistic, just like with the new match UI.

Whenever people complain about too many injuries it is always because the person doesnt know how to manage fitness, and I dont think the presentation of the medical centre and training intensities are intuitive enough for most people. The solution should never have been to reduce injury frequency, instead it should have been to provide clear tools and information to better manage fitness in your squad.

Edited by Platinum

5 hours ago, Metal said:

There are some Mods around with pitch textures

I remember the constant anger I had with wide players shooting from tight angles instead of  squaring it to a teammate in FM21, even after the last patch the problem still exists. In the end, I came to terms with the flaw since I really enjoyed the game as a whole.

In FM22, the IF/IW playing as if they're out and out wingers is kind of frustrating since I simply love playing with them (all my tactics are always have focus play on wide areas), plus the occasional possession glitch against ultra-defensive teams is really something that needs a fix asap. 

I still enjoy the game as a whole, but I really can't wait for the fix, especially re: IF/IW behavior. Cheers!

20 hours ago, prot651 said:

Sorry your wrong .This was from the Euro comp last year. The SportScout performance analysis tool was used to time code when goal scored and the associated behaviors relating to goal scoring. Results: It was presented that 57.9 % of the goals were scored in the second half and most of them in the last 15-min period, while the first goal seems to play an important role in the final result of the match. Most goals were scored during open play (72.4%) but 27.6% scored after a set play, mainly following corner kick and free kick. Concerning initiation zone of the attack, it was presented that 56.6% began from the attacking half. Most goals were scored after a cross (43.7%) while regarding goal scoring area, over 90% of goals were scored inside the penalty area and specifically from the area between penalty spot and goal... so 43 7% were scored from a cross . So this game seems true to life 

43.7% is way less than what’s the case in FM, though. I’ve only played one game so far today, result was 2-2. Every goal was scored from a cross, three corner kicks and one regular cross. 

1 minute ago, CM said:

Does anybody know, If I get demo, do I have to download it again if I decide to buy? 

Demo saves can be used in the full game but are restricted by the small database size- the full game has a lot of extra data so you would have to download the game once bought

12 hours ago, Metal said:

Where are these ''loads'' of people saying the opposite? All I can see is one person creating a thread complaining about their players getting jaded far too often and not being able to play 50 odd games with one player. 

I have not seen any evidence of someone complaining about there being too many injuries in the game or anyone provide any proof/screenshots of any injury crisis whatsoever and that's because it doesn't happen. Without a injury mod, injuries in the game are a rarity so you can play your team week in week out, give them a bit of rotation and they'll avoid serious injuries(barring the odd 2-3 week injury which can happen once in a while) I know because I've done it and reported it. I went 5-6 months without any injuries in one save on the beta. 

Another poster reported the same experience and had no choice but to add actual injuries in the game to make it more realistic because without it using your squad without any injury challenges is too easy. Yes players do get regularly jaded but that counts for nothing when there is no consequence of overplaying players who all avoid injury as if they're machines.

There are plenty on this thread towards the start.

17 minutes ago, Metal said:

- Tweaks to the rate of young player development
- Tweaks to the rate of older player decline

Would the above two tweaks require a new save?

No that should not require a new save because they aren’t db changes

Patch came out sooner than I expected so I'm very happy about that.

I've only played 2 games so far with the new ME, but it already looks way better. I see my players closing down the opposition centrebacks in their own defensive third, something that I didn't see happening at all before. I did play against 2 weaker sides, who didn't play out of defense though, so mostly the GK was kicking it long, but on the rare occasion the CBs had the ball in their own third, I've seen them get closed down by my players, which again didn't happen in the previous ME.

The IF/IW issue didn't seem to be addressed in the patch notes, and I can't really tell if they've fixed it. It's possible the players don't have as much tendency to push the play into wider areas, which might result into IW/IFs not looking to dribble wide, but I'm not sure. It's gonna require more than 2 games to see.

Not sure if mine was updated, usually it show when starting up steam.

On the game’s start screen it says 22.2 but when I start a new game it only shows 22.1 for the database. 
Loaded up a previous save to double-check the current version: 22.2.0… so I guess it’s alright then? 

4 minutes ago, champion067 said:

On the game’s start screen it says 22.2 but when I start a new game it only shows 22.1 for the database. 
Loaded up a previous save to double-check the current version: 22.2.0… so I guess it’s alright then? 

youve got the correct version database wont change till winter updates (jan transfer window ) 

28 minutes ago, champion067 said:

22.2 is the game version but the database version is still 22.1, so you are OK

I've only played a couple of matches, so I have to play more to get a more informed opinion.

The ME has improved a lot, there are fewer crosses, the players do not run as much towards the wing, when a player has the option to shoot he shoots instead of turn and pass. Good job with that issues.

The negative part is that I still don't like at all how IFs play with the ball (without the ball they become unmarked and move on the field very well), when they receive in the area they shoot or pass, but when they receive the ball on the wing or outside the area I miss driblings, I miss them running cutting inside looking shoot.

I have to play more and I think that the ME is much improved but my first impression is that the improvement in terms of movement with the ball of the IF is insufficient

Edited by david_kax

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Sisamom said:

What does "tweaks to the rate of young player development" mean?

Do they now develop faster or slower or what does this mean?

And what does "tweak to the rate of older player decline" mean?

Changes to try and make them more realistic. So depending on the player, their attributes (both hidden and visible) and personalities, some may developer quicker, some slower. And some may decline quicker or slower. 

I've not played a recent FM before & after changes to the match engine, so can anyone tell me if this feels within normal parameters of unusual and I'm just being a sore loser?

My first match on the updated engine played completely differently. Season 1 as Dulwich Hamlet (1st) away at Bath (10th).

I lose 6-1, conceding 4 near-post set pieces (2 corners, 2 IFKs), a 5th near post header from open play, and conceded a penalty from another corner. Combined xG for the match (prior to penalty) was 1.1, meaning Bath had almost a 100% conversion rate from set-pieces.

I was using the same basic line-up and set-piece defence as the prev 33 league games, where I'd conceded 9 goals from IFKs and corners (now 13, +44% in one game) and Bath went from 13 goals scored from same to (17, +30%).

So what do folks reckon? Suck it up or have others seen something similarly funky? I know anomalies happen but this was particularly hard to stomach 1st match back after an update...

Edited by enfilade77
Typos

2 hours ago, DarJ said:

Hopefully people will enjoy the update and finally shut up 😂

If the issues are fixed im sure people will. If not expect people to still be upset that they can't enjoy the game in the same way others can. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb GOODNAME:

Anyone can tell if the if/iw fixed?

They are finialy cutting inside?

They did before . Not every Player is Robben and cuts inside 9 out of 10 times . I don't see why it should be fixed . 

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I'm sorry but that's not how xG works

I detect a hint of sarcasm there - I guess xG gets cited a lot!

Sorry, the xG comment isn't an attempt to "well, actually" - I was just citing it as a point of context. A more accurate explanation would be that the shot map is very focussed on the posts from corners in a way that I haven't seen before, and with some margin for error the 4 goals from set-pieces all had a relatively equal (0.1 to 0.15) xG each. "100% conversion rate" is glib.

My post isn't aiming to yell "game broken, fix now" - moreover I'm curious if others have seen something similar, and whether it's a mere coincidence that it was my first match with the updated engine. Is it a bug/glitch? Maybe I was just unlucky in a very specific way? Maybe Bath found the secret sauce to destroy my zonal marking...

hace 8 minutos, GOODNAME dijo:

Anyone can tell if the if/iw fixed?

They are finialy cutting inside?

I've only played two games.

They certainly don't fall to the wing all the time and make fewer crosses. But in those two games I haven't seen them cutting inside or dribbling inside either.

I have not seen them run with the ball towards the band but neither towards inside. But, as I say, I don't want to rush into playing at least 8/10 more matches, it's a first impression.

1 minute ago, enfilade77 said:

I detect a hint of sarcasm there - I guess xG gets cited a lot!

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I should have explained what I meant. 

What I meant was that the conversion rate has nothing to do with xG. Yes the probability of those shots going in are very low but not impossibile so you might have been just unlucky since it happened in just one game. If it happened in evry 2 or 3 games then it would be a problem.

In terms of what I'm seeing, I've played the same match about 4 times with one save and 4 times with another save and it seems to me that the near post corner doesn't go in as much as it used to be, I have Giroud who was scoring a fair bit from those and I didn't see one go in in those 4 games 

3 minutes ago, david_kax said:

But in those two games I haven't seen them cutting inside or dribbling inside either.

This is something I've been looking at too and in 4 games what I've noticed is that they tend to pass the ball to a player close by then run inside but I've seen 2 or 3 occassions where the payer cuts inside but he didn't take a shot. Again i've been looking at it only for 4 games 

hace 5 minutos, limey150781 dijo:

It was literally acknowledged by SI as an issue so no idea why you're taking that stance. Not everyone will cut inside but it will happen way more often when you have a left footed player playing on the right with proffered move of cutting inside that it does currently.

He will never have seen a match by Vinicius, Salah, Ansu Fati, Mbappé or Neymar ...

Vinicius's last game in Liga vs Real Sociedad cut inside 19 times. I would settle for half on FM. I have to play more but at the moment I don't see a big change in this issue.

10 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

you havent checked Man U or Newcastle yet I assume?

Checked Man Utd, but not Newcastle - Miles has said that there are some updates so I think I've jumped the gun :rolleyes: