*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, CowGoesMehhh said:

Are there something wrong with penalties?

I have a taker who has Composure 11, Penalty Taking 13 and Finishing 12.

Took a total of 7 penalties and only scored 3. Keeper saved all the others. How can that be happening? 

I'm playing fm21 managing Lazio, Immobile with 20 penalty taking, 18 finishing, 16 composure and he once missed 5 consecutive pens, it's just ridiculous :)

Hey, this seems to be  a bug/bit of weirdness with how the game calculates transfer budgets in different leagues.

In the premier league, most money comes in throughout the season, and prize money is small, so financial turnover is quite accurate in the projection system throughout the season. That means that when the board sets the budget, they are basing it off an accurate number.

Conversely, in the BUNDESLIGA, pretty much all competition money comes in a huge chunk at the end of the season, after the final game. That means that until the final day, if you are overperforming, even if you are guaranteed a higher finish, the board will continue to assume you will get the prize money that you were predicted to get at the start of the season. That means when the board sets initial budgets, ESPECIALLY when they do it before the season ends (guaranteed champions league), you end up with a smaller transfer budget than you otherwise would get if the board took into account the true prize money you end up with. 

This is noticeable, since the transfer budget projection before the final day and before are MASSIVELY different, and this issue generally doesn't happen when the board isn't setting initial budgets before the money comes in.

You may want to change the way bundesliga money comes in to solve this. Otherwise, the board is ignoring 20+ million of guaranteed revenue. 

EDIT: Since the board refuses to look at budgets before the end of the first transfer window. This ****s bundesliga clubs in the summer transfer window, since they have less to spend, and then suddenly get money in the december window (where clubs are less likely to sell). Maybe allow the board to look at the budget post preseason in order to fix this. I even added a billion to the club to test if the board will change the money before the end of summer and they just refuse to. 

Edited by Aflyingkitten

20 minutes ago, Ranquelme said:

December 8th 2024 is a problem. The game crashes at the same point for a few people. 

If the game is crashing on a certain date, check that it is not a database issue and then report it and let the Devs have a  look,

3 hours ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

I am only a month away from that date. Has those who have trouble found a solution?

If this was a game wide issue it would have been highlighted by now- if you are unsure, save the game on the day before

edit: I note now that there has been a beta update released to combat some date specific crashes, so it may be worth trying that first.

7 minutes ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

I am only a month away from that date. Has those who have trouble found a solution to bypass the date?

This crash happened to me.  I restarted the game and it played straight through it. 

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Ranquelme said:

December 8th 2024 is a problem. The game crashes at the same point for a few people. 

We've put out a public beta for this whilst we're preparing a minor update to address it for everyone - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/563_crash-technical-issues-and-game-performance-support-portal/crash-on-specific-date-after-222-update-r5404/

Thanks. 

After the latest patch I cannot confirm staff signings. Before I had my TD responsible for offering jobs, but I could always confirm or reject it, now staff members are automatically signed, if I have that responsibility delegated. Not a fan of this change.

On 07/12/2021 at 19:38, frederik.spindler said:

Hi, 

does the patch solve the problem regarding sudden crashes on the Mac Book? To be specific the problem that FM shuts down after some time and you return to the Home screen. Probably a problem with MacOS Monterey.

I have found a fix to this. Sadly the new macOS Monterey struggles to run FM for some reason. The fix I have found is that if you play on windowed mode you are able to play the game smoothly. Try and play on windowed mode and see if it helps ! Hope I’ve helped.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Bhoy! said:

After the latest patch I cannot confirm staff signings. Before I had my TD responsible for offering jobs, but I could always confirm or reject it, now staff members are automatically signed, if I have that responsibility delegated. Not a fan of this change.

Worth raising here so our QA team can pick it up - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, CowGoesMehhh said:

Are there something wrong with penalties?

I have a taker who has Composure 11, Penalty Taking 13 and Finishing 12.

Took a total of 7 penalties and only scored 3. Keeper saved all the others. How can that be happening? 

Assuming you are playing in a top league, that penalty taker is decidedly average, he wouldn't be in my top 5 choices in my squad.

From my point of view I think penalties are OP. In 4.5 seasons I think my team has missed 2, we get a lot and my opponents have missed 1, they don't get so many, but still.

7 minutes ago, szp said:

No

Thanks for letting me know, looks like i won't be able to play the game i purchased until 5 months post lsunch (March next year ,their usual update cycle).

Mohamed Salah, one of the biggest talents in football, does not play like Mohamed Salah and instead a winger.

Just unreal that this is allowed to be released but then again they did release FM20 then sold people the fix in FM21, so what do i know.

First impressions from the new update is that teams seem to give up a lot of simple 'knock the ball over the top, defenders don't track a runner' type chances which can be frustrating but may be my tactics are causing this in this version.

I'm also seeing players making some weird decisions for chances- for instance Adam Armstrong just met a low cross at the near post and instead of trying to shoot he played a first time pass 25 yard backwards. 

Edited by KingCanary

34 minutes ago, szp said:

No

Not strictly true as others over the last few pages have stated. Movement is definitely better and less running to the byline and crossing with their none dominant foot.

23 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Thanks for letting me know, looks like i won't be able to play the game i purchased until 5 months post lsunch (March next year ,their usual update cycle).

Mohamed Salah, one of the biggest talents in football, does not play like Mohamed Salah and instead a winger.

Just unreal that this is allowed to be released but then again they did release FM20 then sold people the fix in FM21, so what do i know.

BUT, in the case of Salah (who I obviously have an interest in) I have seen him cut inside and hit left footed shots. It doesn't occur as much as it should do (and I've watched full games) and that is disappointing. Although he is not far off from hitting the goals/assists in my saves as he does in real life. Don't base your opinion on just one post, try it yourself.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

2 hours ago, marionk said:

I'm playing fm21 managing Lazio, Immobile with 20 penalty taking, 18 finishing, 16 composure and he once missed 5 consecutive pens, it's just ridiculous :)

Funnily enough immobile did actually miss 4 of his 8 penalties in Serie A in real life. Even good penalty takers do miss sometimes, it's a matter of odds

Edited by Obamayang

4 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Not strictly true as others over the last few pages have stated. Movement is definitely better and less running to the byline and crossing with their none dominant foot.

BUT, in the case of Salah (who I obviously have an interest in) I have seen him cut inside and hit left footed shots. It doesn't occur as much as it should do (and I've watched full games) and that is disappointing. Although he is not far off from hitting the goals/assists in my saves as he does in real life

Not really interested in goals that they score, I'm interested in realistic movement (which used to work and now doesn't therefore it is a bug, which has been acknowledged but not fixed by SI) otherwise I'd play FIFA career mode.

Imagine a game of football that on release, which people paid money for thinking it works on release, had a possession bug so bad that defenders just endlessly passed between each other and two whole positions , one of which is one of the most popular positions in football, in their own game doesn't even work.

Every other game studio gets called out for releasing broken games but SI get away with anything.

The match engine is their selling point, that's the secret sauce that even FIFA Manager gave up years ago. The thing that's supposed to make them stand out is broken on release only to be fixed (hopefully, you never know with these people eg FM20) maybe 5 months after release (March update).

Any other company tells you this and they get called out, fans of FM , and sports fan in general (same reason EA gets away with everything) are ok with this.

I am most definitely not ok with this and i will be very careful with my purchases in future, they got me twice now with FM20 and now FM22, my own fault and I will wait and read the bug forum and wait one month into release from now on. Fool me twice and all that.

My feedback is I'm kind of torn on the changes.  It feels like the match engine has slightly more realism with the changes so I guess that is a positive. But there is a frustration that I've built a team to play the way I wanted to very successfully and now post patch it's much less successful.

But we must always accept progress and work with it I guess. I hope future changes keep the match engine consistent as I don't massively have the time to consider a rebuild and investigate the match engine changes.  Having said that I guess in future we'd like a match engine that can spot our weaknesses much more  and have to fight those. I don't envy the developers, it's a balance between reality and making it too difficult/time consuming for the casual player.

27 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Not really interested in goals that they score, I'm interested in realistic movement (which used to work and now doesn't therefore it is a bug, which has been acknowledged but not fixed by SI) otherwise I'd play FIFA career mode.

Imagine a game of football that on release, which people paid money for thinking it works on release, had a possession bug so bad that defenders just endlessly passed between each other and two whole positions , one of which is one of the most popular positions in football, in their own game doesn't even work.

Every other game studio gets called out for releasing broken games but SI get away with anything.

The match engine is their selling point, that's the secret sauce that even FIFA Manager gave up years ago. The thing that's supposed to make them stand out is broken on release only to be fixed (hopefully, you never know with these people eg FM20) maybe 5 months after release (March update).

Any other company tells you this and they get called out, fans of FM , and sports fan in general (same reason EA gets away with everything) are ok with this.

I am most definitely not ok with this and i will be very careful with my purchases in future, they got me twice now with FM20 and now FM22, my own fault and I will wait and read the bug forum and wait one month into release from now on. Fool me twice and all that.

Yeah, you have to be really careful.  Not like every single edition has had - and will likely always have - some imbalance in the ME, and definitely not like there's a free demo for you to form your own opinions on.

They "get away" with releasing like this whilst others get called out, because you can't draw that parallel.  The game isn't broken.  It's far from perfect, and how far is going to be incredibly subjective, but it's nowhere near the level of the famous examples.

hace 2 horas, TheArsenal63 dijo:

Is the IW and IF issue fixed?

If you mean if the IF / IW cut inside with the ball and try to dribble inside to get into the box or shoot, the answer is no, it is not fixed.

Their movements off the ball are excellent and that is why they score goals but with the ball they play in a cowardly way and their tendency is to pass or run towards the wide instead of facing their defender and trying to dribble to find the goal.

Having lots of fun with the game after the last patch. I had the game on hold after the release because didn't feel like playing in that state, but now I'm enjoying a lot. 

I think IW and IF aren't perfect, could see more dribbling in the game, but it's fun as it is. 

hace 29 minutos, Diogo28 dijo:

Having lots of fun with the game after the last patch. I had the game on hold after the release because didn't feel like playing in that state, but now I'm enjoying a lot. 

I think IW and IF aren't perfect, could see more dribbling in the game, but it's fun as it is. 

If they fixed the IW / IF issue and dribble inside and looked more for the goal, the game would be wonderful. Due to our style of play, for many players this problem prevents us from enjoying the game despite its many virtues, it makes me even more angry because if that role worked well I would love the game.

Thank you for expressing that problem that bothers many of us so much even though you are generally happy with the game ;)

3 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Personally, I see a lot of running to the byline, checking back and crossing with their dominant foot, which might actually be worse since they're more likely to be closed down.

hace 29 minutos, bigmattb28 dijo:

Yes

Let's try not to lie to people, please.

IF / IW run less times to the wide, that's true, but with the ball they continue to cut and dribble inside rarely and play cowardly, abusing the pass and avoiding dribbling towards goal.

They have fixed part of the problem, but there is still a big problem with that role that makes the ball play of these types of players not seem anything like reality

Edited by david_kax

Some considerations about the game:

I'm realizing that the referees are no longer going to watch the VAR's TV they just hold their hand over their ear this could be revised
At the same time, I'm really enjoying the VAR, at FM 21 the goals were always canceled and considered offside, now it just has to be more balanced and not be a goal every time.
The assistant judges with the flag are not running into midfield when a goal happens, this has to be revised.
A situation that I would like to see is in a ball dispute, there is discussion between players, players questioning the referees and generating more visual impact on the game. I hope that for the next patch the dynamics of dribbling moves are better elaborated, technical players managing to make short dribbles and generating varied plays.

I've seen here many comments about games with a lot of goals, I haven't seen this playing in Brazil, but I hope Sigames doesn't come back with the "ninja" goalkeepers who make millions of saves. The game is a simulator, it has to be faithful to reality but at the same time tactical, to the training and attributes of the players.
I think that after the last FM 2021 update the strikers with good finishing attributes, heading the top scorers were making many headers and finishing goals in front of the goalkeeper and I consider this very real, it should be kept!

I just played and saw two goals disallowed and two goals confirmed by var. I hope this is more visible at the moment (players celebrating when they score), a situation also that I'm enjoying and I see people commenting is the much better defenders that was the highlight of the patch!

Regarding dribbling players appear with high averages in the competition statistics but this is not shown in the matches. I believe that this FM has everything to be as real as possible, it just needs some adjustments.

1 hour ago, markoscouse said:

Because Miles and a few others have somehow convinced everyone that a game that sells a few million copies made by a rather big company somehow can't implement fixes or new features fast enough.

They don't need to change their approach, it's not like you'll go and play another football management game as there is none, and that's why the game is in worse state every year despite more and more people playing it

They're investing heavily in women's football research and development for God knows what reason, people barely play the obscure European leagues so I have absolutely 0 idea who actually asked for that considering how broken some of the fundamentals are.

It's also baffling that people pay to beta test the game, forums get filled with reports of every single bug that gets shipped with the final version, most of them don't get fixed and about a half of them get "fixed" and presnted as new features for the next year's release.

We get 2 patches a year(I don't count hotfixes as actual patches), ME gets worse every patch or it breaks the stuff that was working properly before, player and media interactions can straight up ruin your saves because they're so poorly made and have been like that for ages but sure, create new features that don't actually work for the first year when they're released and aren't used by vast majority of the people.

It's pathetic that it's a game that people pay for and then have to wait until March to maybe(and it's a huge maybe) get all the stuff fixed that negatively affects their experience.

So, you like the game? You're having a blast, right? :rolleyes:

How convenient that you don't count hotfixes as a patch. Any other qualifier that you want to ignore to make your points more applicable? Want to continue to ignore the many people who do play obscure leagues? On one arm you are criticising SI for not improving features. On the other you are complaining that they want to bring more leagues to the game.

I do wish that people like you wouldn't write down your thoughts to make it sound like it's everybody that feels the same negative way that you do, or how you downright feel you have the right to suggest everything from SI is lies. I suppose they cheat in cooperation with Steam to give the game a 'very positive' rating from 4,985 reviews?

There are other management games. Have a look at Steam. Okay, they might not be on a par with FM but they exist. I think the 'no competition' argument is vastly overplayed. Games like Battlefield have huge competition but look how that one turned out.

Clue. It's not everybody. It is my opinion that FM comes out once a year in a very playable and very enjoyable state. Is it perfect? Maybe not. Will it ever be perfect? Probably not. It's far from the state that many of these AAA games that cost £60 come out in. Plus, on a value for money scale, how many games can you think of that provide hundreds of hours for £40.

I know I shouldn't reply to these sort of negative posts all the time. People are welcome to their views but so damning and unfair a view is just rude.

5 hours ago, forameuss said:

Yeah, you have to be really careful.  Not like every single edition has had - and will likely always have - some imbalance in the ME, and definitely not like there's a free demo for you to form your own opinions on.

They "get away" with releasing like this whilst others get called out, because you can't draw that parallel.  The game isn't broken.  It's far from perfect, and how far is going to be incredibly subjective, but it's nowhere near the level of the famous examples.

I don't consider the possession bug and the fact that an entire two positions basically act like wingers when we already have wingers, to be an "imblance". These are fundamentals of football which is the sport they are trying to replicate. If you have low standards for what you purchase, that's fine, i don't , so i don't use your measuring stick. I've already said I made a mistake not doing the demo first, so not sure why you are rehashing those.

For me, as i explained, the core of the game and their secret sauce is the match engine, everything else the competition can do. So your USP is that match engine and it has major bugs from day 1. Nobody talked about "perfect" so stop with the straw man. FM21 was a game that had minor ME bugs but i consider it the best so far because most, not all, of the football made sense. FM22 has not reached that level and should not have been released.

I'm not sure what your standards are for how you spend your money, i expect my video games not to have major bugs (not minor) at launch. But hey, I'm a perfectionist apparently.

1 minute ago, anagain said:

How convenient that you don't count hotfixes as a patch. Any other qualifier that you want to ignore to make your points more applicable?

Without thoughts on the rest of your post, I do think hotfixes and patches are different.  Within an FM context, hotfixes are almost always about stability and technical maintenance.  Looking back at SteamDB, the two hotfixes released for FM21 were technical: one was for Korean users experiencing crashes, the other addressed some UI problems and a work permit issue for players on loan.  FM20 received nine hotfixes: in beta, addressing crashes; in beta, addressing crashes and optimization; another in beta, addressing a crash situation; after release, a DB issue for new saves; after release, the same DB issue applied to existing saves, plus a penalty number decrease; one in December for rare crashes; another in December for crashes and IGE activation issues; one in September 2020 related to Epic integration; another in September 2020 for network game connectivity.

I'm certainly not arguing against those hotfixes!  They were necessary and I'm grateful they were released.  But of the eleven hotfixes released for FM20 and 21, only one touched the match engine.  His complaint was about the match engine specifically, so I do think there's some merit there.  I can at least understand where he's coming from.  It is pretty predictable when post-release patches will come out, and there have been major issues both with the ME and with other parts of the game world that haven't been resolved after the final patch in March in the past.

2 hours ago, Deego619 said:

I feel overall FM22 was a disappointment for me and how I enjoy playing the game:

• Dynamic youth ratings being a bit of a nothing feature after being heavily hyped, with little the user can do to influence it other than buying foreign players? Having a youth focus as the user actually decreases youth rating? That's a strange variable.
  • Tactical player mentalities being adjusted without any explanation and made more confusing for both the casual player and tactical gurus to understand without asking the devs.
  • The ME becoming less watchable than FM21, reverting back to the FM20 meta of crossing.

FM19 - FM 21 (I didnt play fm18 so I'm not sure) were riddled with blocked crosses. Its only in FM22 where this doesn't happen, I feel like some people have forgotten how big of a problem that was. FM22 ME is much better than FM21 for me.

Defo agree that dynamic youth ratings was overhyped though.

Good work Si, great game.

I love the thread that exists between Dynamics - Training - Tactics and matchday.

I play the game with surgical micromanagement culminating in watching my team play every match on full 90 minute highlights.

I get through around 5 seasons per edition.

See you next season.

Edited by Os

12 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I'm certainly not arguing against those hotfixes!  They were necessary and I'm grateful they were released.  But of the eleven hotfixes released for FM20 and 21, only one touched the match engine.  His complaint was about the match engine specifically, so I do think there's some merit there.  I can at least understand where he's coming from.  It is pretty predictable when post-release patches will come out, and there have been major issues both with the ME and with other parts of the game world that haven't been resolved after the final patch in March in the past.

How ironic then that the poster of that post does not seem to have bugged one thing within the ME bugs forum in 29 posts...

The words Constructively Critical should be emblazoned across the input field every time someone starts a reply.

You, my friend, made a great reply to what I said and provided a good argument for whether hotfixes should be classed as a patch. If only everyone could look at all the facts.

I still think a hotfix is a patch btw. :D

The patch scheduling of FM has been a similar way for a long time. The team have to identify issues (that includes wading through the bazillion posts), they have to recreate issues, they have to fix issues without making something else worse, they have to test internally.

That's not a simple thing to do, especially not for a game the size of FM.

I've said this before. I play a lot of other games than FM. I play alphas, betas, early access and released games. I see a lot of updates, patches and fixes. It is very rare for any game to have abundant patches and fixes within a 6 month period. Game development is far from exact. I believe a lot of people don't understand how things are done.

Edited by anagain

17 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Without thoughts on the rest of your post, I do think hotfixes and patches are different.  Within an FM context, hotfixes are almost always about stability and technical maintenance.  Looking back at SteamDB, the two hotfixes released for FM21 were technical: one was for Korean users experiencing crashes, the other addressed some UI problems and a work permit issue for players on loan.  FM20 received nine hotfixes: in beta, addressing crashes; in beta, addressing crashes and optimization; another in beta, addressing a crash situation; after release, a DB issue for new saves; after release, the same DB issue applied to existing saves, plus a penalty number decrease; one in December for rare crashes; another in December for crashes and IGE activation issues; one in September 2020 related to Epic integration; another in September 2020 for network game connectivity.

Exactly the reason why I don't count hotfixes as patches because in the context of FM, patches cover a lot more than stability and technical maintenance which I assume people using these forums know. 

10 minutes ago, anagain said:

How ironic then that the poster of that post does not seem to have bugged one thing within the ME bugs forum in 29 posts...

It's not ironic, I reported loads on older versions on different accounts and I know how bug reporting works, you either submit your bug or upvote the issues that you also have, I won't make a 100th post about the issue that someone from SI acknowledged and said they're working on it.
In the case of FM22 every bug I went to report was reported by at least 10 people before me so I never made a post but instead upvoted their comments and posts and noticed that SI are aware of those.

14 minutes ago, markoscouse said:

I don't like the game and I never played less than I did for the last 2 versions that have been riddled with issues, most of which are still present.

If it's riddled with issues then why so few bug reports in your name?

however even a league from a non-obscure footballing country like Croatia has been somehow released with a wrong amount of games played despite people reporting it in the beta

And it was fixed, wasn't it? So why suggest that things aren't fixed?

If you don't like getting more than 2 patches for a game you pay for and a huge amount of people try and help developers with the issues, fine, keep paying for it. Once it becomes too broken even for you don't come here and complain because for years the rest of us have been trying to get things to change but have been talked down to by people like you who consider facts and complaints based on evidence "rude".

I've spoken of my experience of patching cycles in a variety of games. I don't believe FM is vastly different in that regard. I think it's better to work hard to make 2 patches as good as possible that to release a series of patches that all have errors.

what is rude is being silenced and "shouted" at by people like you who like pressing the spacebar and winning games.

You have no idea how I play the game, do you? If you knew you'd realise how so very wrong you are there.

I'm not going to make this a protracted reply, argue, reply session. I think you're unfair and not constructively critical. I meant what I said when I said FM is far from the state of AAA titles at release. FM isn't perfect and if you look at my history I've been very critical of the UI. I make a point of detailing what I think is wrong because that is what helps.

Edited by anagain

After latest major patch - update:

- I would like to see for the next one much more editing in near post corner goals. VDD with Jumping Reach 16 and Heading 14 is unstoppable. I would prefer to see around 5-7 goals with those type of player & attributes.

- We have the Bad Company syndrome with IF. During Bad Company you where enabled to move left, right, forward, back; but not diagonal forward-right for example. That was because of limited code and the decision to support 2-core hardware CPU. So, game need to be optimized for at least with 6-core CPU to give a "breath" (speed, data, animation). It's not an easy decision for SI, but necessary with upcoming women's football ME. Otherwise, we will still see the same problems version after version.

- From what I understand; Counter-Press and Trigger Press in Team Instructions is being linked. These two things should not be linked IMHO.

- OI need a fix. Every time I have to click a very small button, after firstly need to visit again OI page and click each position to be enabled. That area of UX need a work.

- I am pretty sure SI will decline this one, but people need a little insight how or what have changed in transfer values. Since they collect data from each one for FM22 that area has been received an overhaul from what I understand. They can add an "insight" in Hints & Tips during processing with spacebar; what influence or how to increase the transfer value for a player. The newcomers - first time FM players; have absolutely no idea how to do this or what influence for higher transfer value.

- Editing with IGE has been increased which is positive.

- I like the default skin and it's on the right direction. I would prefer even more minimalist design, because the amount of data is already huge we have to deal.

- It's time to remove completely star based system. A to F like Youth Intake is welcome and very positive.

I thought it gonna be a small feedback, but ended to be a big one for my like. lol

Best Regards
fc.cadoni

4 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

- It's time to remove completely star based system. A to F like Youth Intake is welcome and very positive.

How are you thinking these would be different?  A-F would presumably be some sort of objective rating, but how would that be calculated?  Would A always be 150 PA+, or would it be based on your club's reputation or current league or something?

4 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

I would prefer to see around 5-7 goals with those type of player & attributes.

I disagree with this last part. What they should do insted is make defenders with similar attributes defend better. If those players can only score 5-7 goals a season with those attributes how would my amateur team in the middle of nowhere with 8 jumping reach and 6 heading do in those situations.