*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Just now, DarJ said:

I disagree with this last part. What they should do insted is make defenders with similar attributes defend better. If those players can only score 5-7 goals a season with those attributes how would my amateur team in the middle of nowhere with 8 jumping reach and 6 heading do in those situations. 

If SI decide to get scrap 2-core CPU; then will unlock the power of more complex things, like your amateur can score with those attributes. Current is unfair. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A step back in this version of the ME is that attacking wingbacks - even with an attacking mentality and maxed out pressing - are defensively more conservative and fall back in a back 5 way too soon. That was also the case in previous versions of FM and it's sad that that improvement has disappeared.

LITTLE BIT SALTY over youth prospects right now.  I just had an insanely good prospect generated.  He hasn't played a single game for the club -- not at U19 level (I don't have a team), and not at senior level.  I'm in the 5th tier of French football.  First day of the transfer window, ten clubs are interested and my board has accepted a non-negotiable offer of £1.8k.  How the heck does anyone even know he exists?  How does anyone know he's talented?

Just putting this out there. Something I've been noticing lately is that ratings are not updating throughout the match.

I just had a game were I was unfavoured and went with a defensive counter formation. My CBs did really well throughout and barely gave the opposition a sniff. It concerned me that they spent the entire match on 6.7 or 6.8. The match ended and they were suddenly on 71 and 7.2.

I actually thought to myself that it was strange they were being rated so low.

It's possible I've missed that this has been reported and that SI are aware. I'm going to save now, so I have a save to upload, and keep an eye on this over my next few games and see if I see the trend continue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

After almost two seasons under the new patch . Major observation and things to work on

- Please fix VAR. Every second goal I have a Var review I cant celebrate goals anymore. I know its real life esque but its kinda annoying.  

- Still a lot of crossing it needs slightly adjusting  I think DL and DR defend too well the cut inside so looking at the game the right place is for my Inside forward to recycle the ball then risk cutting inside and losing it. I can see the logic in the movement there is very little space to cut inside and htere are tons left to go by the byline. The solution here will be hard

- Young players are developing nicely most of my squad is under 21 and I can see improvement in most of them. Its annoying that my coaches try to overule my individual training at every meeting. Obviously 11 passing for my AMC is not good enough :) 

- Salah and Lewandowski are still going extremely strong . Lewa is 37 top scorer and Salah is 34 so that is very nice they 

Has anyone experienced an issue in processing the game? I play 6 managers at one save and moving between them has been generally smooth, but when I went to late October of the first season I started to have situations when I can't go to a match. I mean the continue button on the last screen before going to a match gets name "processing" and when I click on it nothing happens. The only solution is to go on 1 day holiday on the manager whose match it is. It has happened twice by now.

7 horas atrás, Leon_fogo disse:

I just played and saw two goals disallowed and two goals confirmed by var. I hope this is more visible at the moment (players celebrating when they score), a situation also that I'm enjoying and I see people commenting is the much better defenders that was the highlight of the patch!

Regarding dribbling players appear with high averages in the competition statistics but this is not shown in the matches. I believe that this FM has everything to be as real as possible, it just needs some adjustments.

With a few adjustments the game will be the best in history, the dribbling is being missed visually.

48 minutes ago, LongBoiiBenji said:

A Really tiny thing, but the database says Yacuba Sylla played for Mjøndalen IF in 2019, when he infact played for Strømsgodset TF

Please report this in the relevant Data Issues thread in the Bugs forum and it will get looked at there

19 horas atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Is there a way to download it on Microsoft Game Pass?

On 10/12/2021 at 12:42, CowGoesMehhh said:

Are there something wrong with penalties?

I have a taker who has Composure 11, Penalty Taking 13 and Finishing 12.

Took a total of 7 penalties and only scored 3. Keeper saved all the others. How can that be happening? 

What did the goalkeeper have ?

1 hour ago, FM1000 said:

My point being there are no animations in the game to properly show the slow dribbling from wide toward the middle, the cutting inside...so I guess this is why players go wide and don't dribble towards defenders.

With the new animation engine it should be easier to implement those now that I think about it, the new animation engine could be part of the reason. I have no idea how it works but maybe they didn't "port" it properly from the older one to the newer one or maybe the animations they need to show it properly doesn't even exist at the moment

26 minutes ago, DarJ said:

With the new animation engine it should be easier to implement those now that I think about it, the new animation engine could be part of the reason. I have no idea how it works but maybe they didn't "port" it properly from the older one to the newer one or maybe the animations they need to show it properly doesn't even exist at the moment

They didn't remove it, it was never there....the cutting inside on FM21 was just the player running in a straight line from the byline or from a wide area just outside the opposition box towards the middle....there was no dribbling involved, there was no duel with a defender they simply are running, a la Forest Gump.....and even this was not happening very often...

In real football the defenders (good defenders) trap the winger/IS/IW near the byline so they have no choice but to pass the ball ( play it safe) or go for a cross...BUT good players ( like Salah, Neymar, Mbappe etc ) can use their dribbling ability to go past this defender and take a shoot or try a through ball...

The first part happens in the ME defenders trap/force the IS/IW wide but the second part is not in the game, players wont go for a slow dribble/duel with the defender, there are no animations for it...

Also the defenders trapping the IF/IW has been too OP in the ME for a long time, because they always show them onto their weaker foot, which is too strong in the ME...in real football yes the defender will try to force them to use their weaker foot but this only works against unskilled opponents, but try forcing Messi/Salah on their weaker foot...you cant they are too agile and very good on the ball they can instantly change the angle of attack and go past you....

Edited by FM1000

• Administrators
9 hours ago, rafa_beta said:

Is there a way to download it on Microsoft Game Pass?

No I'm afraid not, but can assure you it's something we'll look to roll out to everyone as soon as we can - albeit unfortunately can confirm that it won't be in time for this weekend. Sorry about that. 

36 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

No I'm afraid not, but can assure you it's something we'll look to roll out to everyone as soon as we can - albeit unfortunately can confirm that it won't be in time for this weekend. Sorry about that. 

Should I have a db/2220 folder for FM after the 2.2 update?

Edited by Platinum

i just noticed that u cant request analysts reports, u can only request scout reports, i dont like it

in fm21 i would request a analyst reports on 30 players for example, all young players and only send a scout to the best reports that the analyst got me, now i cant do that.

what is the point of having 5+ recruitment analyst if i cant request an analyst report only? if u want an analyst report u need to send a scout first and either wait a week or a match.

why? an analyst reports is a lot more faster than sending an scout out for a week or 1 match, but looks like this years analysts cant look at the stats without a scout holding their hand.

Edited by kertiek

I feel like I'm coming up against my biggest bug bear from FM21 again, namely the feedback you get in game. 

I had a run of a couple of games where my team were struggling to create chances and I find the available tools for analysis during a match makes it so difficult to work out why that is happening. I miss the heat maps from FM20 that meant I could get a better understanding of my oppositions defensive line or how far up the pitch my fullbacks were getting. Instead I feel like the game is trying to push me into watching full games which I just have no interest in doing.

1 hora atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Is there a way to at least rollback the update to go through this date?

Two things I've noticed:

(1) MLS teams have logos and kits that are completely out of date.

and

(2) In my season managing Darlington, after a strong month of good form in January and excellent football that led to nothing but victories for my tiny club. I call the players in for a team talk where I select one of the two "positive" talk responses since "challenge" and "encourage" did not make sense in this context--if I remember correctly, the team talk I selected said that we've provided ourselves with a great platform to challenge for the title (as we found ourselves in first place with a twelve-point gap between ourselves and the second place). The entire team reacted by being hurt and the captain whined that I was being too harsh and they had been trying their hardest. :confused: I usually don't get bothered by the in-game psychology sometimes being a little imbalanced but sheesh this completely obliterated morale and threatened my good standing with my players. 

4 hours ago, ToniDoppelpack said:

in my first summer transfer window i didn't get thw new deadline day like before the update. Or do I have to turn that on somewhere?

You are invited to participate in the deadline day and you need to opt in otherwise it will pass fairly quietly

7 hours ago, kertiek said:

i just noticed that u cant request analysts reports, u can only request scout reports, i dont like it

in fm21 i would request a analyst reports on 30 players for example, all young players and only send a scout to the best reports that the analyst got me, now i cant do that.

what is the point of having 5+ recruitment analyst if i cant request an analyst report only? if u want an analyst report u need to send a scout first and either wait a week or a match.

why? an analyst reports is a lot more faster than sending an scout out for a week or 1 match, but looks like this years analysts cant look at the stats without a scout holding their hand.

I believe an analyst report is also generated when you scout someone now

Edited by Platinum

4 hours ago, ACDBEFV said:

The way SI left FM20 was unacceptable in my opinion. I genuinely couldn't believe it when they said there'd be no more patches for it.

Get used to that, it's 2 patches and that's it no matter how many issues remain unfixed.

One thing that really bothers me with FM nowadays is the club vision and expectations. If I manage to get a club promoted, why do the board suddenly feel the need to add extra stress and pressure? I took Sunderland to the Championship by the power of severe cheating and reloading, and from just Develop players using the club's youth system under the club culture stuff, they went on and added

* Sign players under the age of 23 for the first team

* Play defensively solid football

* Play direct football

* Play counter-attacking football

Alrighty, then. New save it is.

7th minute attacking corner while 1-0 up.

Attacking set pieces set to default.

Positive mentality with three attack roles in my 4-4-2.

The game puts 9 of my players in the box like I'm overloading in 94th minute trying to equalize, and of course I get countered since I have a GK on 30yr line and 10 players on the other side of the pitch. 

spacer.png

EDIT: apparently this is how the game sets it up. Left side normal, both fullbacks stay back. And a left winger although he's W(a) is back if needed.

spacer.png

BUT if a corner is coming from the right, it's time to send everyone to the box! And apparently that W(a) is not needed back even though there's two opposition players unmarked.

spacer.png

Edited by TIR669

22 minutes ago, TIR669 said:

7th minute attacking corner while 1-0 up.

Attacking set pieces set to default.

Positive mentality with three attack roles in my 4-4-2.

The game puts 9 of my players in the box like I'm overloading in 94th minute trying to equalize, and of course I get countered since I have a GK on 30yr line and 10 players on the other side of the pitch. 

spacer.png

EDIT: apparently this is how the game sets it up. Left side normal, both fullbacks stay back. And a left winger although he's W(a) is back if needed.

spacer.png

BUT if a corner is coming from the right, it's time to send everyone to the box! And apparently that W(a) is not needed back even though there's two opposition players unmarked.

spacer.png

That tells me, player instructions in SP does not followed by players at all and instead follow their duty and position in the pitch.

It can't be that, otherwise my CBs would both stay back as they're on defend duty. Although the SP creator automatically assigns by their duty, but no idea why it did that only for the right side. 

I've posted this as a bug as this is the first time I'm seeing it in my 15 years of playing FM, but it is beyond stupid. Even the players that should have stayed back (DL (FBs) was on if needed, MCL (MEZ(s) was on attack from edge were also missing. FB Penrice #29 is seen on near post, and MEZ #20 is on the 18-yard box.

Has anyone noticed since the last patch that players condition drops far faster than pre-patch.

I thought at first it was my tactics but having a look at the opposition's fitness on the touchline tactics it's happening to them just as much.

It honestly feels like 3 subs are not enough right now because of this. This seems to be particularly a problem for wide players. 

28 minutes ago, JustinJJ said:

Has anyone noticed since the last patch that players condition drops far faster than pre-patch.

I thought at first it was my tactics but having a look at the opposition's fitness on the touchline tactics it's happening to them just as much.

It honestly feels like 3 subs are not enough right now because of this. This seems to be particularly a problem for wide players. 

Even on FM21 this was happening with wide players AMR/AML on support duty, or midfielders on attack duty......which makes sense maybe since they are asked to cover the whole pitch in terms of tracking back and forward runs...

This is why stamina is such an expensive attribute for wide players and central midfielders..

38 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

Even on FM21 this was happening with wide players AMR/AML on support duty, or midfielders on attack duty......which makes sense maybe since they are asked to cover the whole pitch in terms of tracking back and forward runs...

This is why stamina is such an expensive attribute for wide players and central midfielders..

Yes, it did increase in FM21 and was similar in FM22 before the latest patch, but since the last FM22 patch I've noticed that across the board, not just on wide players, the average condition of both my players and the opposition players is less than before the patch.

It's worse on wide players yes, but there still has been a decline in player condition regardless of human or AI Managers in other areas since the patch, just it's been more pronounced in wide players. It feels like whilst the balance was right in FM21 / FM22 pre last patch as they were not tiring enough before these, they've now going to a situation where it's too much. 

Been metioned plenty of times but SI staff are ignoring it. When playing an online network game (and having the "use saturday and wednesday" schedule) all kickoffs are 15 minute apart and players do not play at the same hour like it's meant to be. It takes forever now to progress an online save..

played a whole season with the new patch, the match engine feels better but the problem with iw/if players not cutting in is still there, they just dont it, it does not matter if they have space on a counter attack, even when the player has the advantage with speed (my Inside forward going full speed and the opposition defender just starting to run) ... they always choose to go wide and not attempt to cut in or dribble, am not asking for every play to end up like ronaldinho breaking defenses and dribbling every player on the field, but at least try to dribble and lose the ball, i have no problem with losing the ball 20 times with failed dribbles.. but they just dont even try to cut in.

for me at least this is the most annoying problem with the match engine and frankly it feels like wasting a "very good squad" to keep playing my save because chiesa (aml if/a) and saka (amr if/a) just wont cut in and play like i instruct them to even with team mentality on attack, with "run at defense" team instruction

both with inside forward on attack, this gives them mentality " very attacking", but looks like very attacking means play it safe and go wide, pass it back to the midfield and avoid going inside the box with the ball on your feet like its lava.

saka on 2024

image.png.0f2e808a4a3b8061f765527078fee73e.png

chiesa on 2024
image.png.807329f2b8d2f4b4fddb2765ce6168f7.png

Edited by kertiek

I don't understand the way the AI thinks about loans.  If I am trying to sign a player of theirs on loan, they're very willing to negotiate on playing time, but take hard lines on things like role.  If I don't play the player in the role, they're on the phone constantly.  Like, I don't understand how the manager of Bayern Munich has time to call a 5th division club over his 15th-best striking prospect playing as a pressing forward (attack) rather than an advanced forward.  Why would they all prefer their players play once a month as complete wingbacks rather than every game as regular wingbacks?  It was like this in FM21, too, and I didn't get it there either.