*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

This absurd chip from the center circle was scored against me in the French third tier.

The presentation is absurd but i've seen plenty of goals scored from the half way line when the GK is too far out in the field.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, FrazT said:

This interaction module is flawed as it is inconceivable that any player would react like this to praise from his manager, even if he didnt think it was totally justified.  It is daft that when you think about praising a player for anything in the game, you have to wonder if he is going to react negatively and whether it is worth it

I agree, I think a more realistic response to overpraising is for players to become complacent, or for other players to think you have 'favourites' and respect you less. Or perhaps they can get resistant to it - since if you're being praised all the time, it will become normal and won't make you feel any better. 

Of course you could still get the odd Roy Keane type who will response negatively though :lol:

The Last FM I enjoyed Playing Was FM17, I played it Until I "Upgraded" to FM21.

But the game is littered with so much S**T, I can barley get to a game without having to respond to something.

I know real football manager have to go to press conferences, but do we really need them in football manager?

Do We Need The in Tunnel Interviews before a game.

The Game is cluttered with so many useless aspects that it is very difficult to maintain my interest and complete a season.

I think FM22 Will be the last ever football manager I Buy Until I see change.

It's like the development team are too scared to say no to an Idea or admit an Idea was bad.

And Why is everything still in text form, Why isn't my Assistant manager talking to me like siri or alexa? 

It is 2022 you can't expect people to take in so much information just for 1 game week, we have lives to live.

More people View Zealands videos than play FM22, you should be aiming to put Zealand out of business.

Edited by SNM882

1 hour ago, SNM882 said:

But the game is littered with so much S**T, I can barley get to a game without having to respond to something.

I know real football manager have to go to press conferences, but do we really need them in football manager?

The Game is cluttered with so many useless aspects that it is very difficult to maintain my interest and complete a season.

It's like the development team are too scared to say no to an Idea or admit an Idea was bad.

And Why is everything still in text form, Why isn't my Assistant manager talking to me like siri or alexa? 

It is 2022 you can't expect people to take in so much information just for 1 game week, we have lives to live.

More people View Zealands videos than play FM22, you should be aiming to put Zealand out of business.

If you find the game too time consuming, then you have the option to delegate almost all of the day to day tasks to one of your staff.

1 hour ago, SNM882 said:

I see they put this comment to into the depths of oblivion . But yes too much micromanagement now . This is why many liked the Touch version but they got rid of that too .FM17 was the last fun game to play . I just outsource almost everthing to my staff now 

1 hour ago, alian62 said:

I see they put this comment to into the depths of oblivion . But yes too much micromanagement now . This is why many liked the Touch version but they got rid of that too .FM17 was the last fun game to play . I just outsource almost everthing to my staff now 

I Posted this in the Football Manager Reddit, they seem happy enough as things are even though they pass all responsibilities to their coaching staff, who might not be qualified enough to do a good job with his new responsibilities.

But I'm glad you noticed they stuck me in the depths of Oblivion lol...

Edited by SNM882

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

If you find the game too time consuming, then you have the option to delegate almost all of the day to day tasks to one of your staff.

But then I need to spend ages looking for the right staff to be able to take on these responsibilities or does it not matter?

1 hour ago, SNM882 said:

But then I need to spend ages looking for the right staff to be able to take on these responsibilities or does it not matter?

If you have a reasonable Assistant or DoF, then start by delegating to them, depending on their attributes.  Their impact shouldn't be markedly different from yours and then you can take your time a find better alternatives at your leisure.

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

You can, but increasingly it doesn't work very well. 

Training and scouting, for example, can both be delegated, but neither work fully unless they are micro-managed - training leaves your players constantly too tired to play unless you manage it during congested periods; scouting just flat out doesn't work any more.  As for all the press conferences - yes you can delegate them, but then the game treats you as a manager who avoids the press, which affects job interviews.  Players want to opt-out of press conferences as a game mechanic, not role-play a manager who delegates press conferences. It's a distinction I don't think SI get.

Edited by rp1966

Im managing Ibiza in Spain, I signed a french winger over the summer who is currently unable to settle, so I granted a leave of absence which he is currently undertaking.

However my AssMan said that he's performing very well in training and showing improvements in his game? He's away for another two weeks...

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

If you have a reasonable Assistant or DoF, then start by delegating to them, depending on their attributes.  Their impact shouldn't be markedly different from yours and then you can take your time a find better alternatives at your leisure.

Ah O.k. Cool, now what about all these messages that I “must respond too” like coaches meetings is there any way to get rid of them??

4 hours ago, SNM882 said:

Ah O.k. Cool, now what about all these messages that I “must respond too” like coaches meetings is there any way to get rid of them??

When you get asked to attend, select the option to have a summary sent to your inbox.  Make sure also that in preferences you set these meetings to monthly and not more often.

I've been abroad for the best part of two years and only returned a couple of months ago.
I was going to wait for FM23 to come out but, as an Amazon Prime member, I discovered that Epic Games have FM22 as one of their free games to download this month so of course I snapped it up.

Just getting used to the changes that have been made in this version but there is one thing I can't find.
There used to be a box you could 'untick' somewhere in preferences, called something like "automatically go to the news feed page". Has this been removed?
I was never that interested in the news feed and especially not the social media part of it. It also slowed the game down as it kept pausing the processing to go there even if there was nothing of interest to read.
Is the option to stop it doing that been hidden away somewhere or has it been removed entirely?

Thanks

17 hours ago, FrazT said:

When you get asked to attend, select the option to have a summary sent to your inbox.  Make sure also that in preferences you set these meetings to monthly and not more often.

Thanks so Much It feels Like I'm playing Football Manager again.

2 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

I've been abroad for the best part of two years and only returned a couple of months ago.
I was going to wait for FM23 to come out but, as an Amazon Prime member, I discovered that Epic Games have FM22 as one of their free games to download this month so of course I snapped it up.

Just getting used to the changes that have been made in this version but there is one thing I can't find.
There used to be a box you could 'untick' somewhere in preferences, called something like "automatically go to the news feed page". Has this been removed?
I was never that interested in the news feed and especially not the social media part of it. It also slowed the game down as it kept pausing the processing to go there even if there was nothing of interest to read.
Is the option to stop it doing that been hidden away somewhere or has it been removed entirely?

Thanks

Under Preferences; go to Custom Screen Flow settings. Search for it in free text if you can't find it.
There you will find it on top of the page.
I'm like you there, as i have absolutely no interest in reading those. It just slows the game down for me.

128763400_Screenshot2022-09-15094146.jpg.3707bdf51d8ca41148b811a027fc6edc.jpg

961687531_Screenshot2022-09-15094201.jpg.a641b244f3770186a40b20f0ffee1658.jpg

Is it possible to make your U23 and/or U18 manager use a different formation/tactic to what the first team use.

Every time i get the news items re. available first team players for youth teams, they always seem to use same formation as me...  Im sure you could allow them to pick their own on previous versions....

Bloody hell...hope they fix the player happiness in FM23.

So many times players complaining about lack of play time, despite playing most the games this season is nuts.  Missing a couple of games in a row setting them off and then not trusting promises despite never breaking any?

So incredibly frustrating.

On 16/09/2022 at 09:08, aiston said:

Bloody hell...hope they fix the player happiness in FM23.

So many times players complaining about lack of play time, despite playing most the games this season is nuts.  Missing a couple of games in a row setting them off and then not trusting promises despite never breaking any?

So incredibly frustrating.

This and the transfers AI bidding, for me those are the main two things to be fixed for FM23.

Il 16/9/2022 in 03:12 , ChelseaSince86 ha scritto:

Is it possible to make your U23 and/or U18 manager use a different formation/tactic to what the first team use.

Every time i get the news items re. available first team players for youth teams, they always seem to use same formation as me...  Im sure you could allow them to pick their own on previous versions....

This. And it would also be useful to be able to suggest them to use a certain player in a specific position and role.

Edited by Delvi

• 2 weeks later...

We've just won 6-0 and Cuesta, my striker, scored twice and put in a top MoTM performance.

As usual though, social media doesn't treat him or our thumping win any different to any other event; you always get one positive, one negative and one indifferent.
Here's the positive... 6e470beb0d63cd96e79dd666e3b12da6.png the negative... ff107c87bbd4a15ca8f516e5e7545134.png  

and could you get more indifferent than this?... c6d055aaf27d98fb1c7142189947efa1.png

It's not just matches, it's everything. You sign a new player and one fan thinks it's the best signing ever, another the worst and a third wants to wait and see.
We've been saying this for years now. Please fix Social Media so it isn't so predictable. As it stands, it's pointless.

Edited by Earnie is God!

Another thing that I don't think has ever worked: "Always ignore".

When you get a piece of advice from your staff (advice that you can't switch off btw, for some reason the game insists that you receive all this advice whether you want it or not) you can't get rid of it.
e.g. tactical advice in a match when it might say that an opposition player should be marked tightly. You have the option of 1) telling them to do it, 2) saying you'll sort it yourself or 3) ignoring it, plus an extra option to 'always ignore' which then brings up a pop-up box asking you to confirm that you don't want to receive this type of advice again. So you confirm that but it does absolutely nothing because next time/game it's advising you to do the same thing again.
Please fix this too at some point as, like the social media mentioned above, it's been like this for years and nothing ever gets done about it.

One thing that seriously annoys me this year is the constant messages of 'Player X,Y,Z' complaining about too much 'tactical/technical/quickness etc' training/Not enough 'tactical/technical/quickness etc' training.

I get it when setting up custom training schedules or even when it's the A.M who has set the training. I've seen it with lower division players and even supposed Elite talents.

Is there any way of combatting these constant messages which are severely annoying. I do not want to see these messages on an almost weekly basis via coaches/ass.man

FM22 continued a trend: Each year I lose about 200 hours of playing time but add at least five more seasons finished. Part of it is me getting better with the game and knowing how to quickly set my views and "read" the players available. Part is that darn Qatar-Cup making me too wary to start "short" saves to experiment. But a lot of it is a more streamlined experience.

The game runs fast and the Data Hub is a gods-end for finding strengths and weaknesses. The tiered Youth-Intake also gives a quick overview. I get less interviews before reaching the very top and once I have a mutual understanding with my team, they are quite reasonable. A bit too much in my opinion -- A double sextuple winner should not play for 50k...a year! The biggest change however was removing "Get Further Forwards" from the DLFa. It is so much more fun to use now.

As for the ME, there were a few welcome additions. The high focus on movement that can compensate for bad technicals has elevated quite a lot of players up to their real life strengths. I love seeing headed goals from smol players that feel earned and not gifted by bad defenses. I love seeing deep runs and players having more than one dimension. My 20 JR Targetman hitting most of his goals per foot was something unexpected but felt so right and made the TMs more competitive with the DLFx, even in more possession-based formations. And of course my two Wa with 16 and 6 crossing, respectively, playing so differently according to their strengths.

What I didn't like however, is that 4231 and Gegenpress are still by far the "easiest" formations to get working. With some squad planning and a good youth setup, there still is little exhaustion. Almost any formation with Gegenpress presets any most aggressive 4231 formations almost always overperform for me. Which hurts because there are quite a few concepts I had this year I was quite proud of that barely overperform the classical cheese.

WCB are interesting but weirdly enough, now that they are here, this is the year I used a thre-at-the-back system the least. Except for my weird 541-hyperfluid experiment which I only used for a season and needed much better players for, I barely touched it. Maybe next year...

My biggest complaint as a whole is something the headline features for FM23 already tackled: Players starting negotiations with hardlocked demands I can never accept and then getting angry if it falls through. I don't know how much time I wasted because after long negotiations with clubs the player would insist on release clauses that are way below his market value. Hopefully the new workflow will eliminate these unwelcome surprises!

I was also disappointed with squad management of AI managers. Top teams collect talents but continue to play their old guard without phasing the new faces in. Even worse with national teams were world class players slowly go through the many youth teams however much better they are than the first team. Probably the only reason I got into international management was to get my five Spanish guys a fair chance.

Finally, with more aggressive teams  on the transfer market, I wished there were more decisive options to say "no". Agents and players constantly tell me to go away if I insulted them with bad offers. Let me do the same to clubs that repeatedly fail to make an attractive offer.

On 11/10/2022 at 22:15, autohoratio said:

Here's hoping FM23 will have less of this type of thing...

A long ball from the opp. defence is heading out for a goal kick and I'll reach it before the opp. winger? Better put it behind for a corner instead of seeing it out of play!

it's not nearly as often as in former editions of the game.

9 hours ago, FelixForte said:

These shirts are actually allowed in real life. See for instance:

download.jpeg

The problem is that for some kit/colour combinations, although they are OK IRL, at the game's match visualiser resolution (especially on striped kits) one colour can dominate and make them clash in game.  It's why I've always advocated for the ability to allow the player to alter the chosen kits before entering a match.  The code that selects the kits does a pretty good job most of the time, but striped kits often catch it out and human intervention would help matters.

2 hours ago, rp1966 said:

The problem is that for some kit/colour combinations, although they are OK IRL, at the game's match visualiser resolution (especially on striped kits) one colour can dominate and make them clash in game.  It's why I've always advocated for the ability to allow the player to alter the chosen kits before entering a match.  The code that selects the kits does a pretty good job most of the time, but striped kits often catch it out and human intervention would help matters.

Fair point!

21 hours ago, b2khn said:

it's not nearly as often as in former editions of the game.

I haven't gathered any empirical evidence but I think it is a bit less common compared to FM20/21, just not a huge reduction. I don't see players seeing the ball out of play using their body to block the attacker enough though.

5 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Apparently 2, 2 and 2 are good enough skill ratings and no longer weaknesses
3f4dec2cceaad96cdda0995679c6543b.png

:idiot:

Yep that is annoying as heck. Also saying there has been no improvement in the attributes being trained yet I can clearly see they have raised from say 8 to 10 which clearly is an improvement.

The Match Day options probably do my head in the most.

You used to have so many you could switch on or off simply by ticking a box. They've taken that away and replaced it with a broken system.

There used to be the radar so when, for example, we have a corner I could see the radar and notice any anomalies e.g. for some reason I only had one defender staying back and that's probably because my designated corner taker wasn't on the pitch and so the AI had picked my fullback to take it when he should have been staying back instead. With the radar, I could have seen that straight away and fixed it.

With a simple tick-box system, I could choose whether or not to be given tactical advice, opposition advice, opposition subs, formation and tactical changes and a whole host of other things. Plus how long that info stayed on the screen for (that's been taken away too).
I only ever really wanted to know if a player of mine had picked up a knock or was knackered. I don't want or need to be told that the opposition appear to have gone more attacking, about 10min after I've already seen it in their formation.
Now, when a player has picked up a knock, I see it for all of a second or two before it's shuffled out of the way with some other info/advice that I didn't ever want to see. And I've got to go hunting for it to find out what's going on.
This wouldn't be so bad if the 'always ignore' option worked as that would then essentially end up being the same as the good old tick-box system, but it doesn't work and it keeps coming back with the same annoying advice that I never asked for in the first place and most certainly do not want to receive.

Please fix 'always ignore' because it really needs it. I know it's too much to expect the radar to come back but that would be lovely too.

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I agree, the matchday UI has been awful since they introduced the touchline tablet thing. 

Not sure I'd quite say it's awful but definitely a downgrade imo, I was looking at a folder of FM screenshots I forgot I had yesterday and realised how much I miss some of the panels/widgets that were removed.