(game pass) How to change user data location?

i believe user data folder is hidden in protected WindowsApps folder, which requires some work to unlock this folder. Unless im wrong. 

Game pass version is modificable but probably they forgot about this option. since few years i have one user data folder and i just change path to it. saves time copying graphics etc. for new game

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Quinza147 said:

I can't change because there is no topic to change (game pass)

fdse.png

As pointed out, this particular version is installed into protected folders and files are stored in temporary locations (and saved to the cloud, ultimately). 

You are not able to change the user data location as such but you can use the user data folder in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022 to store facepacks and graphics.

22 hours ago, Lucas said:

As pointed out, this particular version is installed into protected folders and files are stored in temporary locations (and saved to the cloud, ultimately). 

You are not able to change the user data location as such but you can use the user data folder in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022 to store facepacks and graphics.

This is not acceptable.  It worked fine with Football Manager 2021 on gamepass.  I am not willing to fill up my windows drive with graphics which total many gigs of data.

I bought Steam version at the begining when the beta version released, and also I installed Game Pass version, I can change user data location on Game Pass version, Unfortunately I unstalled steam version and reinstalled Game Pass version and this setting are gone. I think this setting is hidden and can be active by edit setting file. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Diablotic said:

Same here - crucial for face packs images.

On 09/11/2021 at 00:16, Lucas said:

Please see my post above

On 09/11/2021 at 00:16, Lucas said:

That folder is on my C drive, which is a tiny SSD. The game is on my E drive, which is 2TB.

Is it not possible to use facepacks on the Gamepass version unless they are on the C drive? Or can that folder you mention be moved?

You could save your graphics and stuff to another partition and link the graphics folder to that folder:

Zitat

mklink /J {your-documents-folder}\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics D:\FM22\graphics

This will place a hardlink to your new partition as if the contents are still in place.

Edited by Darth Sonic

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Diluted Dante said:

That folder is on my C drive, which is a tiny SSD. The game is on my E drive, which is 2TB.

Is it not possible to use facepacks on the Gamepass version unless they are on the C drive? Or can that folder you mention be moved?

12 minutes ago, Darth Sonic said:

You could save your graphics and stuff to another partition and link the graphics folder to that folder:

This will place a hardlink to your new partition as if the contents are still in place.

You can try @Darth Sonic's suggestion (though I don't know 100% in the way of verifying that). 

We are looking at the issue reported internally though. Thanks for raising.

It would anyway be nice to be able to config another location for user files because OneDrive sync. All graphic files are syncing to the cloud, and that is not what I want. And it is a complex task to stop OneDrive to sync specific folders. It's not straight forward. To be honest I did not find a way yet to stop the graphics folder syncing.

Edited by Darth Sonic