*Official* Football Manager Mobile 2022 Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, João14 said:

Hey @Marc Vaughansorry to tag you directly, can you talk about how the database is extracted to the FMM compared to regular FM? Not looking for an ultra detailed answer or something, just trying to figure why some wonderkids are left out with no option to load them whatsoever. If it is too much disclose, I'll move to the main subject of the post. Will we ever be able to have a more powerful database in terms of extracted persons? I rather much more have more persons, than an overload of new leagues, since we're getting to a point where Mid-Range phones are getting powerful enough to handle heavy data could we expect that? I get it from what you post the approach on FMM is to be as straightforward as possible so I won't even bother you asking for options :D

The games database grows each year but its balanced against the power of the devices which we support, each year I push the limits slightly as older devices become obsolete - to give you an idea of how much things have changed, the original Football Manager Handheld game loaded between 3,500-5,000 players for most game loads ... the maximum loaded number of players in the game now is well over six times this now (I'll have to check to find the exact amount).

(this is the approach that we'll likely continue to take to expanding things - simply because I don't want to slow down the gameplay for people)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Marc Vaughan said:

The games database grows each year but its balanced against the power of the devices which we support, each year I push the limits slightly as older devices become obsolete - to give you an idea of how much things have changed, the original Football Manager Handheld game loaded between 3,500-5,000 players for most game loads ... the maximum loaded number of players in the game now is well over six times this now (I'll have to check to find the exact amount).

Wow, that's an outstanding number for sure. I had no idea it would be so high tbh. That's a great great feedback to hear, that you push the limits every year, amazing stuff. This question was made because, as most of the managers we love the South American wonderkids and without those leagues (I think we only got Argentina) it gets pretty difficult, do you think the person data loaded in non-playable leagues would be pushing the limits of processing power of the devices? In terms of generating stats and increasing decreasing attributes?

On the other hand, as I know this stuff is more a wishful thinking I have to make one very important request for FMM23 as I made the full transition without Touch on tablets, a crisp resolution on iPads would be absolutely top notch. This has been discussed through this forum a bit too much, but if the game looked like on iPhone... Damn, no words. Regarding this, have you ever thought of supporting keyboards on tablet with shortcuts? Just for curiosity, I don't think I would use them as much as I imagine :)

Thanks for your patience. You and your team really delivered an amazing experience, streamlined and realist. This game most of the times is the #1-#5 on paid games either on Android and App Store and most of the times you don't get the love you should. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

There is a bug in the game. When you want to search for a player, search for a club,... when you want to write, you can no longer press ENTER, which prevents the search.  And this bug makes the game almost too complicated to play.  

27 minutes ago, Nicos20 said:

Hello, 

There is a bug in the game. When you want to search for a player, search for a club,... when you want to write, you can no longer press ENTER, which prevents the search.  And this bug makes the game almost too complicated to play.  

This isn't something I have an issue with, so I'd suggest mentioning what device you have and what version of the game so they can look into it.

Il y a 16 heures, ElliottMS a dit :

This isn't something I have an issue with, so I'd suggest mentioning what device you have and what version of the game so they can look into it.

I play on Android. Under the latest version 13.3.2.

• SI Staff
17 minutes ago, Nicos20 said:

I play on Android. Under the latest version 13.3.2.

If you'd be kind enough to do a detailed bug report via. the bug support area and indicating the device you're using (ie. LG 820 etc.) then it'd be appreciated - if its the issue I think you've mentioned it only afflicts a few people and we've not managed to reproduce it in house so the more information we have the quicker we'll be able to sort it out.

PS - If you can mention if its ALWAYS an issue or whether it goes away after you fully power down/up your device and restart the game it'd be appreciated.

Le 12/06/2022 à 16:25, Marc Vaughan a dit :

If you'd be kind enough to do a detailed bug report via. the bug support area and indicating the device you're using (ie. LG 820 etc.) then it'd be appreciated - if its the issue I think you've mentioned it only afflicts a few people and we've not managed to reproduce it in house so the more information we have the quicker we'll be able to sort it out.

PS - If you can mention if its ALWAYS an issue or whether it goes away after you fully power down/up your device and restart the game it'd be appreciated.

20220614_113012.thumb.jpg.f0829d715ed884fee17bf118e0f9c46b.jpgI have been enjoying on my Samsung S7 tablet since the game was released! I've never had this problem, and since the last update, the "search" tab bug, the "ok" is missing to start the search (look at the image). I sent this bug and they told me to come on this forum...

20220614_113022.jpg

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Nicos20 said:

I have been enjoying on my Samsung S7 tablet since the game was released! I've never had this problem, and since the last update, the "search" tab bug, the "ok" is missing to start the search (look at the image). I sent this bug and they told me to come on this forum...

Ok this is something we've not recreated - gut instinct from me is that if you fully power off your device, restart and then start the game you'll find it works again - sorry for any inconvenience while we investigate further.

il y a 44 minutes, Marc Vaughan a dit :

Ok this is something we've not recreated - gut instinct from me is that if you fully power off your device, restart and then start the game you'll find it works again - sorry for any inconvenience while we investigate further.

Unfortunately I have already tried and tried again. It does not work. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but without success! I installed the game on my Samsung S21Ultra Android smartphone and there was no bug...

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Nicos20 said:

Unfortunately I have already tried and tried again. It does not work. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but without success! I installed the game on my Samsung S21Ultra Android smartphone and there was no bug...

Ok useful information to know - we'll keep on it and I have no doubt once we've managed to reproduce this reliably in house it'll be something fixable (however sadly this can take a while because there are a huge host of device and OS combinations out there and sometimes its down to a clash in software load from other apps on the device, we'll keep at it though).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I've always had an issue with not being able to filter Scandinavian players when I'm on player search. I can select Scandinavia as an option and confirm but then no players come up in the search at all. 

Any idea as to what I can do to resolve? 

I play using my Samsung s20

Edited by Lkemp87

• 1 month later...

Just a few things I'd like to point out/query... 

It seems to be very common for players to retire at 33, seems a little young. Is this to free up space for the newgens coming through? 

Attendances at friendly games... I took my Premier League and Champions League winning Manchester United team to League Two Burton Albion for a preseason friendly, barely 1,000 turned up to watch. Then in another friendly at Old Trafford, current capacity 95,000... only 9,000 came through the turnstiles to watch us play Inter. 

Mentoring... My newgen Argentinian centre forward was successfully mentored by Ronaldo. However I'm told he is unlikely to benefit from further mentoring when I try to pair him up with someone else. Surely he could still learn a thing or two from someone else? Is is worth trying? 

I would love to see a little more depth to transfer negotiations in the next version of the game. I'd like to be able to pay a fee in installments, add ons for appearances and goals etc, maybe even offer more than one player in part exchange. 

Loaning players out seems too difficult, even when offering to pay their wages in full. 

Selling players seems too easy. Clearing out deadwood when taking a new job and amassing a sizeable transfer budget isn't that difficult. 

AI squad building can sometimes be a little strange. Watching Barcelona offer £60m for Brandon Williams who has barely played a first team game in two years when they already have two left backs that are better... it's odd.... that said, real world Barcelona's transfer business this summer hasn't exactly made much sense either. 🤣

Overall... I love the game and I'm looking forward to seeing what FMM23 brings. 👍

• SI Staff
52 minutes ago, superposh said:

It seems to be very common for players to retire at 33, seems a little young. Is this to free up space for the newgens coming through? 

In real-life players tend to retire between the ages of 33-35, although there are outliers in both directions (ie. unprofessional players who had relied on pace retiring at the age of 30 when they lose it etc.).

When you indicate players retire at 33 - is this the ones in your team? .. if so then this might be partially self-fulfilling as to retain their ability (and viability) as a professional player it is important that they keep playing regularly ... if Ronaldo hadn't been active every season then I don't think he'd have managed to stay at the top as long as he has.

AI squad building can sometimes be a little strange. Watching Barcelona offer £60m for Brandon Williams who has barely played a first team game in two years when they already have two left backs that are better... it's odd.... that said, real world Barcelona's transfer business this summer hasn't exactly made much sense either. 

🤣

I'm constantly tuning and trying to improve this - however looking at Barcelona's current circumstances with Braithwaite you could say that was realistic? ;)

Mentoring... My newgen Argentinian centre forward was successfully mentored by Ronaldo. However I'm told he is unlikely to benefit from further mentoring when I try to pair him up with someone else. Surely he could still learn a thing or two from someone else? Is is worth trying? 

If you send me your save game then I'll check into this - it's entirely possible he's just got to the stage of his confidence where he's not interested in being mentored by another person ... (simply put Ronaldo probably wouldn't have been interested in being mentored by Messi even if he might have picked up a thing or two from him).

Loaning players out seems too difficult, even when offering to pay their wages in full. 

Could you give me some examples to test?

I would love to see a little more depth to transfer negotiations in the next version of the game. I'd like to be able to pay a fee in installments, add ons for appearances and goals etc, maybe even offer more than one player in part exchange. 

I can understand that - however I'm trying to keep the game realistic BUT easy to play and understand - as soona s I put in installments etc. it becomes a math exercise to try and ascertain the effect of a transfer on your budgets etc.

I apologize if some of this has already been mentioned in this thread as I have not read all 5 pages. I posted this on FMM Vibe and had good feedback (specifically on points 2 and 4) and I'd like to see what others think closer to the development of the game.

1.) More contract structure options. Such as offering to pay a certain percentage of wages if trying to sell a player with a bloated contract, offering performance bonuses when signing, and offering transfer fee's in installments. Also, offering a player out for an unspecified fee just to gauge interest.

2.) A reworked game engine that allows other styles of play to be successful. I always wind up pressing high with trying to control possession. Some top teams in the current game(Conte teams, Mourinho teams, Real Madrid in last years Champions League knockout rounds) primarily attack through soaking up pressure, drawing the other team out of position and countering. Counter attacking football isn't just for teams hoping for a draw and trying to steal a point to avoid relegation. Maybe it's just my training, attributes I favor, or the players I buy, but has anyone been able to play with a focus on countering and have high league or cup success?

3.) With at least a gold rated coach, I believe you should be able to train player traits for a player such as strengthening their weak foot, playing one-two's, or playing killer balls.

4.) Player roles on the tactics screen. Such as putting a CM on attack, support, or defend. Those designations make a CM play complete different and provides new levels of your attack or defense. I think I've read in the past that the reason this is excluded is because some positions are more attacking or defensive by default. For example, a BWM is a defensive CM. But a BWM from the description, leaves his position to close down on the ball. What if in a 3 man CM, I want the two outside CM's to bomb forward, while the CM in the middle plays more defensively, but not chasing ball carriers so the center of the park is more covered while the attackers retreat? Similar to an DM-A, but higher up the pitch. Maybe that's the DLP role and I'm misunderstanding that role. Also, adding in the computer version FM roles like Mezzala or Wide Center Back to enhance options in controlling the width of a game. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, will a Libero on the outside of a back 3 act similar to a WCB? I might have to try that out.

5.) The change I'd be most excited about is to have a "Pick rotated squad" button similar to what is in the computer version of FM. I tend to alternated between saving an A and B team in my selections or clearing the team and selecting "pick team." Creating A & B teams becomes a pain if several players are out for injury and I need to swap them every game or resave a selection, but it is my preferred way so I can rotate properly with players I want in my first team and second team. The clear and pick team will sometimes select players I'd rather have off the bench as starters or put someone in a position where I'd rather them play elsewhere. I know it sounds like a small thing, but for a mobile game where I usually like to pick it up and play for 15 minutes at a time or so, spending 5 of those minutes creating several selections becomes tedious.

Let me know what you think! I'm not a developer, so I cannot anticipate the challenges these changes may bring, fully open to disagreement, but these would enhance my enjoyment of the game.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jp1742 said:

1.) More contract structure options. Such as offering to pay a certain percentage of wages if trying to sell a player with a bloated contract, offering performance bonuses when signing, and offering transfer fee's in installments. Also, offering a player out for an unspecified fee just to gauge interest.

This isn't something I'll be introducing to the mobile game - the reasoning is fairly simple, the more options I add in here the more confusing that it becomes to ascertain the real cost of a transfer. This is especially the case with options which involve heavy maths for the user - ie. 'paying on installments,' 'covering a percentage of wages' etc. 

1 hour ago, jp1742 said:

2.) A reworked game engine that allows other styles of play to be successful. I always wind up pressing high with trying to control possession. Some top teams in the current game(Conte teams, Mourinho teams, Real Madrid in last years Champions League knockout rounds) primarily attack through soaking up pressure, drawing the other team out of position and countering. Counter attacking football isn't just for teams hoping for a draw and trying to steal a point to avoid relegation. Maybe it's just my training, attributes I favor, or the players I buy, but has anyone been able to play with a focus on countering and have high league or cup success?

I'm continually tweaking the match engine and you should be able to find success with a fairly varied range of styles and tactics - however as in real-life there are some tried and tested approaches which work at the top level, ie. playing long-ball isn't likely to be overly successful.

PS - Incidentally I tend towards counter attacking myself and have won pretty much everything with it.

1 hour ago, jp1742 said:

3.) With at least a gold rated coach, I believe you should be able to train player traits for a player such as strengthening their weak foot, playing one-two's, or playing killer balls.

At some point I'll add in the ability to train player traits - but its not something I'm rushing into as making it too easy to gain them is a huge can of worms.

1 hour ago, jp1742 said:

4.) Player roles on the tactics screen. Such as putting a CM on attack, support, or defend. Those designations make a CM play complete different and provides new levels of your attack or defense. I think I've read in the past that the reason this is excluded is because some positions are more attacking or defensive by default. For example, a BWM is a defensive CM. But a BWM from the description, leaves his position to close down on the ball. What if in a 3 man CM, I want the two outside CM's to bomb forward, while the CM in the middle plays more defensively, but not chasing ball carriers so the center of the park is more covered while the attackers retreat? Similar to an DM-A, but higher up the pitch. Maybe that's the DLP role and I'm misunderstanding that role. Also, adding in the computer version FM roles like Mezzala or Wide Center Back to enhance options in controlling the width of a game. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, will a Libero on the outside of a back 3 act similar to a WCB? I might have to try that out.

I believe that you can do this fairly effectively by selecting appropriate roles at present - ie. if you want a central midfielder to play differently then select a different role for him. Again as with contracts I don't want to make how tactics work too confusing for users, ie. there are descriptions shown for the roles which explain how they work, if I add 'attack/defense' options to those roles then that makes it more confusing.

The mantra for the game is that it should be realistic and have depth ... but also easy to pick up and understand/play.

1 hour ago, jp1742 said:

5.) The change I'd be most excited about is to have a "Pick rotated squad" button similar to what is in the computer version of FM. I tend to alternated between saving an A and B team in my selections or clearing the team and selecting "pick team." Creating A & B teams becomes a pain if several players are out for injury and I need to swap them every game or resave a selection, but it is my preferred way so I can rotate properly with players I want in my first team and second team. The clear and pick team will sometimes select players I'd rather have off the bench as starters or put someone in a position where I'd rather them play elsewhere. I know it sounds like a small thing, but for a mobile game where I usually like to pick it up and play for 15 minutes at a time or so, spending 5 of those minutes creating several selections becomes tedious.

I'll have a think about this - might not make it into the first iteration of next years game (as I'm already busy on the feature set for that) ... but I think that is a sensible request.

1 hour ago, jp1742 said:

Let me know what you think! I'm not a developer, so I cannot anticipate the challenges these changes may bring, fully open to disagreement, but these would enhance my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :)

(and sorry some of the suggestions don't fit with where I'm aiming the game, but hopefully I've explained 'why' they haven't been done well enough to satisfy your curiosity)

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

you can do this fairly effectively by selecting appropriate roles at present - ie. if you want a central midfielder to play differently then select a different role for him

I mostly agree with you here @Marc Vaughan except in the example that @jp1742 is talking about. A defensive player in the CM position. I always find myself wanting what I sort of think about as a an Anchor but who’s positioned as a CM rather than a CDM. Maybe that could be achieved with the right attributes/traits on a plain CM role? I’m not sure. I’m just looking for a player to sit in the middle and win the ball back before playing it off to attacking players around him. 

15 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

This isn't something I'll be introducing to the mobile game - the reasoning is fairly simple, the more options I add in here the more confusing that it becomes to ascertain the real cost of a transfer. This is especially the case with options which involve heavy maths for the user - ie. 'paying on installments,' 'covering a percentage of wages' etc. 

I'm continually tweaking the match engine and you should be able to find success with a fairly varied range of styles and tactics - however as in real-life there are some tried and tested approaches which work at the top level, ie. playing long-ball isn't likely to be overly successful.

PS - Incidentally I tend towards counter attacking myself and have won pretty much everything with it.

At some point I'll add in the ability to train player traits - but its not something I'm rushing into as making it too easy to gain them is a huge can of worms.

I believe that you can do this fairly effectively by selecting appropriate roles at present - ie. if you want a central midfielder to play differently then select a different role for him. Again as with contracts I don't want to make how tactics work too confusing for users, ie. there are descriptions shown for the roles which explain how they work, if I add 'attack/defense' options to those roles then that makes it more confusing.

The mantra for the game is that it should be realistic and have depth ... but also easy to pick up and understand/play.

I'll have a think about this - might not make it into the first iteration of next years game (as I'm already busy on the feature set for that) ... but I think that is a sensible request.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :)

(and sorry some of the suggestions don't fit with where I'm aiming the game, but hopefully I've explained 'why' they haven't been done well enough to satisfy your curiosity)

Thanks for countering those points and explaining where you are coming from or where you want to take the game! It's a fantastic end product already, the many hours I've sunk into several saves validates that. Looking forward to what FMM23 brings!

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, lcutini said:

I mostly agree with you here @Marc Vaughan except in the example that @jp1742 is talking about. A defensive player in the CM position. I always find myself wanting what I sort of think about as a an Anchor but who’s positioned as a CM rather than a CDM. Maybe that could be achieved with the right attributes/traits on a plain CM role? I’m not sure. I’m just looking for a player to sit in the middle and win the ball back before playing it off to attacking players around him. 

Sounds like a fair request - if I allow an Anchor in the CM position is that sufficient for your needs?

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2022 at 23:37, lcutini said:

I don't think this would be a problem if you could put the Attacking Midfielder and Defensive Midfielder in the CM position. Any chance we could get that @Marc Vaughan?

Hey FM crew. As a huge fan of FM I gave a try playing on mobile and I must say after little bit of adjusting on UI/UX I really like it.

Not sure if it was mentioned already but here is my feedback.

Things that I miss little bit is during the match, especially while defending, I can't seem to be able to click on player and see their names. During attack and contact with ball, it shows automatically.

Another thing is that players with yellow cards don't have their names displayed in yellow, it would also be helpful.

UI that shows when player gets yellow or red card stays active little bit longer than it should, play already continues in background. 

Timelines during the live match should be maybe little bit more transparent so we get better look at the top section of the pitch.