Editor with FM22 Game Pass edition?

Ragingsheep

Anyone with news about pregame editor for xbox gamepass ? I couldn't have it for fm21. Maybe i didn't know where to look and download. Pre-game editor is very important to many players and we are really hoping to have it this year...

34 minutos atrás, Neil Brock disse:

To confirm the editors should now be available for the Game Pass and Windows Store versions of FM22.

Thanks. 

Can you tell us were we can find? I searched game files and nothing is there. No update either

Thx :D

16 minutos atrás, sjbx07 disse:

I downloaded it from the microsoft store but when I open it my screen just flickers and nothing else?

Do I need to save it in the Football manager folder or something?

Same problem here
Weird thing... Inside the editor folder there  is a steam_api64.dll file. Why? Microsoft Store does not use this file right?

I moved the folder to the same drive and nothing happens, same ploblem

Edited by FlyMaker

13 minutes ago, FlyMaker said:

Same problem here
Weird thing... Inside the editor folder there  is a steam_api64.dll file. Why? Microsoft Store does not use this file right?

I moved the folder to the same drive and nothing happens, same ploblem

Yeah, same here, moved it into the same drive as my FM22 and it still ain't working.

Gonna uninstall both and reinstall them both on the C drive and see if that works.

Edit. that sorted it,

Edited by sjbx07

I am getting an error as well, they are both in the same drive. Gonna translate the error and post it later.

Edit: I was getting something like VCRUNTIME140_1.dll missing error. Downloading visual studio 2022 fixed it for me. Now all good.

Edited by Kane10

It appears that the editor will only install on the C drive. I have apps set to install to the E drive, but despite that, it still installs to C. If you go to settings and move the app, it still doesn't work.

Finding the actual folder shows that it and all the files within are padlocked after it has been moved.

FMEditorFiles.PNG

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Kane10 said:

I am getting an error as well, they are both in the same drive. Gonna translate the error and post it later.

To be clear, the install folder for the Editor needs to be next to the main game: 

image.png

So long as that's how you've installed the Editor from the Microsoft Store, and the game from Gamepass, the Editor should launch. 

You will need to launch it from the Start Menu and not directly from the install folder. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
1 hour ago, speedstrz said:

There are a lot of missing features on the Microsoft Store Pre-Game editor compared to the steam one such as traits on managers, players and not being able to change stadiums 

They should be identical, so I can't really explain that - I'd log a bug and someone can check into it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why on Earth can't we use the Editor when installing on a drive other than C:  ??

Absolutely ridiculous in this day & age. 

I was able to get permissions to the folder & app, move it to the same drive as my gamepass game install, run it as Admin...and still the editor just crashes on launch  :mad:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've recently installed the pre game editor, but i cant get ti to load, i just get a flash of a black screen then nothing, it appears lots pf people are getting this judging by the reviews in the windows store, has anyone managed to fix it?

I have this error in the log files

17:32:15:409/00:00.61 D 23004 Application: Error: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists, please contact technical support.

Ordinal0(0)
Ordinal0(0)
Ordinal0(0)
Ordinal0(0)
Ordinal0(0)
Ordinal0(0)
Ordinal0(0)
Ordinal0(0)
recalloc(0)
BaseThreadInitThunk(0)
RtlUserThreadStart(0)

• SI Staff

Hi, We've had the odd report of people still having issues but we've been unable to reproduce them, a few questions:

1) You have FM22 installed from the MS store? (if not it needs to be)

2) if so can you please go to C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps (replace C:\ with different drive if you installed FM to a different drive)

Is there are a "Football Manager 2022" folder in there? if so, can you look in it and does it have a data folder with a file something like "comp editor.fmf" in it

1 hour ago, EdL said:

Hi, We've had the odd report of people still having issues but we've been unable to reproduce them, a few questions:

1) You have FM22 installed from the MS store? (if not it needs to be)

2) if so can you please go to C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps (replace C:\ with different drive if you installed FM to a different drive)

Is there are a "Football Manager 2022" folder in there? if so, can you look in it and does it have a data folder with a file something like "comp editor.fmf" in it

hi, there are no files in the ModifiableWindowsApps folder, but i do have the comp editor file in the location below

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SportsInteractive.FootballManager2022Win10_1.5.22.0_x64__5w3tn6tb6stnm\data

not sure if it makes a difference but FM is installed from the Xbox app not the windows store, while the editor is installed from the windows store

• SI Staff

Ok that is what has gone wrong then, the store should be creating that path - tbh I didn't even know you can install via the xbox app, so maybe there is a bug there. May be worth uninstalling and installing via the MS store.

13 minutes ago, EdL said:

Ok that is what has gone wrong then, the store should be creating that path - tbh I didn't even know you can install via the xbox app, so maybe there is a bug there. May be worth uninstalling and installing via the MS store.

Ive uninstalled the game, but unfortunately, it only gives the option to install from the xbox app theres no option to install directly from the Windows Store

from the xbox app, it installs it to c:\xboxgames but also adds the files to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SportsInteractive.FootballManager2022Win10_1.5.22.0_x64__5w3tn6tb6stnm, the editor is only available on the windows store and not via the xbox app, and installs to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SportsInteractive.FM22Editorapp_1.5.1.0_x64__5w3tn6tb6stnm

I am using Windows 11, not sure if that installs differently to Windows 10

image.png.ef0c98ba4ce99d623cb50a75d3f431bb.png

• SI Staff

Possibly Win 11 changes things, I've never used it myself, but I have only ever installed FM via the MS store so I'm not really sure, I will relay this info to QA & Customer support to see what they can come up with - we can also enquire with Microsoft what is going on.

• SI Staff

So some interim feedback it does seem like in some new version (not sure if OS, xbox app, store yet) Microsoft have changed the behaviour, I am waiting more information from their developers on how we can make this workable for our situation.

@EdLSame problem. Installed on same Drive. I only use one. My folder looks exactly like the one you posted above but the Pre Game Editor still doesn´t work.

Is this problem communicated? The support still talks about resetting the app and it should work etc.

Any Update?

Thanks Edl, you have been really hopeful on this.

Is this only happening to those who are now trying to install editor? As both my game and editor is on c: drive and works fine but I did this a month ago and still works.

Getting a lot of noise now that installing both on the same drive does not work.

Wondering if I uninstalled mine now would that stop it from working?

• SI Staff

Yeah its because MS changed the way the installation works for games, they now get installed via a different process to a different location, this breaks the way the editor interacts with the game. We weren't made aware that this change was happening, so it caught us by surprise I'm afraid.

On 21.03.2022 at 22:20, EdL said:

We hope to have a fix out with the next update.

Thank you for information. I've made a ticket for this issue. I guess all the other staff thought this problem was user-related. Delete this, install here etc. None of them helped. Maybe bringing the option to select the initial folder for the editor to find the data can solve the problem.

On 22.03.2022 at 00:31, EdL said:

Yeah its because MS changed the way the installation works for games, they now get installed via a different process to a different location, this breaks the way the editor interacts with the game. We weren't made aware that this change was happening, so it caught us by surprise I'm afraid.

Yes, before these changes, the editor was working fine. The  C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Football Manager 2022 folder existed before. Not anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...