Official CMELClan Team Report thread

just to let people know we are now looking for a new member for our clan. Please make sure you can attend the clan times (on website www.geocities.com/cmelc2003) dont worry about the links not working yet because they aint supposed to. If interested and you are quick and know what you are doing leave these following details below:

Name (first and second):

Connection:

Teams wanted (put 2 just incase your team is taken):

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

sunday should be next session for one that didnt go ahead last night but we are currently having problems with the host because there are rumours he may be leaving. If this is the case then jimmy will take over as the new clan host and mid march matt will take over icon_smile.gif so not to worry all<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought matt had exams so wont be there much?

Ive spoken to Jimmy and will try on sunday to get the save game file to him.

Ali, Exams i will revise for at another time as you already reccomended and i already agreed to do icon_smile.gif

Anyway im sorry to see ya go mate, you will be sadly missed icon_frown.gif

thats good then so sunday is next session in place of the session that didnt happen last time. Also enjoy whatever you do now ali and hope to speak to you soon. Shame that you have to leave but it happens so no hard feelings icon_smile.gif

All be there usual times on sunday. Meet in chatroom as usual icon_smile.gif

Just to let all members know all the links now work on the clan website. A few pages still need to be finished like the league tables for season one need to be put on there and a few profiles. Also the main page text needs to be changed. All this will be changed tommorow and then hopefully get the clan logo on the site as soon as i can icon_smile.gif. Also dont forget there is a place available in our clan now so if interested please apply and provide the information that is listed above. Also check out our clan website www.cmelclan.tk or www.geocities.com/cmelc2003 for all the rules and gaming times and any other information that you may need.

Session at the moment is looking as it is gonna be called off tonight as the new host is yet to recieve the game file. Who knows though we may still have a session tonight. If not then sessions will resume tommorow normal times and meet in the chatroom all as usual icon_smile.gif

Hey, Im the Forest manager and i haven't been able to get on the game or msn because my computer at home is completely screwed. Im having to post at a friends house but thought i best let you all know, i understand if you wish to let someone else take my place as im not sure when my brother will be able to fix the pc by icon_frown.gif

Forest rule(aryan) the last few sessions were unfortunatly cancelled due to technical issues i.e we have no save game at the moment..lol.. We are waiting for Ali to transfer the game.. Get in touch with Lee(ChampHolic) and sure things will be ok.

See the rest of you guys tonight.

first month dissapointment for boro

boro had a slow start to the new season, getting only 10 points from there first 7 games, heavy defeats at chelsea and at home to newcastle being the major blows. these early defeats have led to a rethink in murphys strategy, new signing alan smith being the first casualty with a deal agreed to sell him to villa in the transfer window.

injuries have hurt boro so far with no less than 7 first choice players being out for some games, and 4 players having injuries ruling them out for 5 months or more.

in europe for the first time boro managed to win their first game 3-0 (despite kallstrom going off injured)

outside of boro, lee's plymouth are having an very poor start which could see lee sacked by the time he returns to next week, liverpool moved quickly to replace the departed ali, with arsene wenger, but they subsequently lost half there players to matt's man utd

good first session with jimmy hosting, no lag and 8 games completed (although this may be down to half the clan not showing due to lee's msn name still showing the session being off)

sat 9th october home to birmingham

after a run of 3 league defeats in a row, boro needed to get back on track. defensively boro played well keeping

a clean sheet and only aloowing 1 chance. but in attack boro again underperformed. questions are being asked if

the much vaunted strike pairing are ever going to hit it off or will more changes need to be made. FT 0-0

wed 13th october away to man city

omar daley in for his debut. 5th minute gamst pederson hits a free kick into the side netting, 9th minute he hits

the ball over when clean through. 11th minute great save by schmeical stops pearson. olisidabe misses an open goal

after schmeical could only parry. 34th minute good work by lopez sets up pearson 1-0. schmeical keeps city in the

game. 38th minute pearson takes it round schmeical only to hit the post. 39th min lopez sets up pearson for his 2nd.

ht 2-0 boro. pearson and lopez both replaced at half time with slight knocks, timm and welsh brought on. 48th min

gamst pederson hits the post with a free kick, timm follows up 3-0. 51st minute, carew sets up timm 4-0. 65th min

auer pulls one back. hidalgo on for the injured carew boro continue to attack, 86th min olisadabe heads in a gamst

pederson corner 5-1. ft 5-1 boro win at last

wed 20th october away to TVMK uefa cup first round 2nd leg

rested carew, gave janssen a first start for boro. 7th min janssen scores after a gamst pederson corner, 12th min

janssen sets up daley for no.2. 15th min a foul on pearson gives gamst pederson the opportunity to score a superb

free kick 3-0. 29th min pearson sets up olisidabe 4-0. ht 4-0 boro 7-0 on agg time to make changes as boro go 5-0

up through janssen. riggott, beierholm and hidalgo all brought on. 74th min janssen sets up pearson 6-0. 85th minute

a break away by the home team 6-1. straight from the kick off janssen completes the hat trick. ft 7-1 boro.

saturday 23rd october home to spurs

bad start for boro 1 down inside 3 mins, but staright back they coame, lopez settingn up carew 1-1. 6 mins simon davies

restores spurs lead. 12 mins great free kick by gamst pederson goes wide off the post. 13th min, daley sets up carew 2-2.

36th min, gamst pederson sets up olisadabe 3-2 boro. 43 rd min bunjevic pulls back oli, from the free kick gamst pederson

sets up albrecthsen 4-2 HT. 2nd half boro straight back on the attack but its spurs who strike first, 4-3. 59th min, timm,

welsh and riggott on for the injured lopez and albrecthsen and the dissapointing zenoni. 87th min kanoute gets a lucky

break 4-4. ft

wed 3rd november away to millwall league cup

although millwall are a decent division 1 team, boro fielded a reserve team against them, hoping to give key

players the rest they deserve. 10 changes to the starting 11 and 5 changes on the bench. millwall take the lead on 24 mins

through dolan at a corner. boro equalise on 45 mins through hidalgo. ht 1-1. 50th min smith, welsh and anselmo brought on.

68th min daley sets up hidalgo, but a great save keeps it 1-1. 72nd min defensive mistake by taylor allows harris to make

it 2-1. ft 2-1 boro lose.

sat 6th november away to burnley

First choice team back for the trip to burnley. 13th min carew heads the ball on, pearson scores 1-0. 18th min carew chips

it forward pearson just fails to get the 2nd. 28th min olisadabe harshly adjudged offside when he finishes superbly. 39th min

great save by isaaksen. long ball by montalvan, carew does superbly 2-0, 48th min isaaksen drops the ball, 2-1.

58th minute burnley break away 2-2. 64th min carews effort blocked on the line, timm follows up 3-2. 89th min daley

stretchered off, boro down to 10 men as all subs already used. 93rd min timm fouled in the box, penalty which timm misses.

ft 3-2 boro.

thur 11th november home to antepsor uefa cup 2nd round 1st leg

4th minute great work by carew sets up gamst pederson, the keeper pushes his header against the post but it rebounds and

goes in off the keeper. 12th minute gamst pederson sets up pearson 2-0 boro. 34th min good work by olisadabe sets up

gamst pederson 3-0. 39th min olisadebe agains sets up pearson 4-0. 39th min olisadabe gets a deserved goal. 45th min carew

sets up olisadabe 6-0 ht.46th min pearson completes his hat trick. 51st min daley sets up gamst pederson 8-0. 76th min lopez

sets up carew 9-0. boro win 9-0 and virtually gaurantee there place in the next round.

sat 20th november away to portsmouth

boro unchanged for the trip to pompey, who are looking for revenge after the 7 goal drubbing the last time they

met. even first 20 mins, the best chances falling to boro, with pearson heading just wide. olisadabe picked up

a slight knock. 28 mins rat boy puts pompey ahead against the run of play. 36 mins carew sets up pearson 1-1.

39 mins pompey retake the lead following up a ball hitting the bar. 2-1 ht, pearson and olisadabe both replaced

due injury. 2nd half all boro at the start, 4 bad missed in the first 15 mins. 59th min lopez sets up timm, 2-2.

65m welsh on for zenoni. boro continue to search for the winner but to no avail. ft 2-2.

wed 24th november home to leeds

bright start by boro culminates in carew scoring from a gamst pederson corner on 12 mins. 22 mins great shot by

olisadabe hits the inside of the post and rolls along the goal line. 49th minute great move tsiolis to gamst pederson

to olisadabe to lopez 2-0. gamst pederson and oli substituted to save there fitness for the weekend. 68th minute only

a great double save by robinson keeps leeds in it. ft boro win 2-0.

sat 27th november home to crewe

4th min olisidabde misses from a tight angle with the keeper stranded. boro dominating fon williams having a stormer

in the crewe goal. until on 25 mins tsiolis sets up olisadabe 1-0 boro. 35 mins carew puts boro 2-0 up. second half

the same as the first, boro dominating and willimas keeping them out. 62 2nd min, wholesale changes for boro with

welsh, al rawashdi and timm coming on. 73 mins williams could only palm olisadabes shot, al rawashdi scores 3-0.

81st minute timm injured, boro down to 10 men. 88th minute gamst pederson scores a superb free kick after oli

had been fouled. ft boro win 4-0

thur 2nd december away to antepspor uefa cup 2nd round 2nd leg

after the 9-0 thrashing given out in the first leg, boro decide to give the reserves and u19s some european experience

first minute barbosa sets up freidheim holm, 1-0 boro. 48th minute equaliser goes in through keeper error. 66th min

welsh sest up al rawashde 2-1. ft a great win for the juniors

sun 5th december away to bolton

boro straight on the attack, pearson shooting wide when clean through in the first minute. 10th minute good work by

lopez and zenoni allow oli to set up pearson 1-0 boro. 22nd min, slow reactions by isaaksen allow bolton to equalise.

25th min daley excels on the wing crossing for carew 2-1 boro. 31 mins another mistake by saaksen 2-2. ht 2-2.

54th min great strike by nolan, 3-2 bolton. boro continue to chase the game jaaskeleinen in the bolton goal stops

everything coming at him. 77th min an unbelievable triple save by jaaskeleinen. ft 3-2 boro lose

sat 18th december home to villa

with timm out for five months and coco and reich finallt fit again, a couple of changes were made to the boro

starting line up. tsiolis being particularly unlucky to get dropped. terrible start for boro with carew being

injured on 4 mins. 24 mins omar daley puts boro ahead. pearson injured on 37 mins, right on half time vassell

misses a glorious chance to equalise ht 1-0. 45th min, lopez sets up al rawashdi 2-0. 62 mins al rawashdeh sets

up elmander 3-0. 85th min vassell gets a consolation goal. 88th min great 1-2 between elmander and lopez sets

elmander free, 4-1 boro FT.

sorry for me not turning up to the monday session this week. i informed others about the tuesday and wednesday sessions. Sessions are now back as normal and shaun i will hold your place for you by all means and just let me know when its fixed (hopefully it can be fixed). See you all in next session on monday usual times in chatroom. Also if one of you could let me know how my plymouth are getting on that would be great icon_smile.gif

just to let all members know 2 new members will be starting on monday in place of abhi and ali who left. Andrew scattergood an old member will be re-joining and mattie stowell will be joining (beware he talks a lot). So give them a big welcome to our clan icon_smile.gif

We are now looking for one new member to join our wonderful clan. If interested please leave this information below:

name:

team wanted:

connection:

We are currently mid way in the 2nd season in our game and its all going well. Check our clan website www.cmelclan.tk for all the information you need. You will be contacted a.s.a.p if you apply here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matthew Le God:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

wonderful clan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a new one lee icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi You lot hope it's still going good. Lee why not say FANDABIDOSEE!!! icon_biggrin.gif

instead of mattie stowell who was supposed be joining on monday but we already kicked him (real annoying for everyone) we have another new member called shaun jones starting and he is taking over as the new liverpool manager so please all welcome him icon_smile.gif

probably hire anyone just not me again icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im sure you'll sort them out mate.

dont forget people next session is monday as usual and website will be worked on more soon just i had a lot of drinking to do lately icon_smile.gif. If you cant make a session and i dont already know about it please let me know here or by email. I've already heard from paul this week so he is excused

just a reminder can all members please remember to post there reports as some of you are forgetting to post at least 1 a week. I know i wasnt in sessions last week thats why i aint posted them. But please from this coming week can everyone post them. I know a few of you do already and they are a great read icon_smile.gif. Also can all members try and get their photos into me if they can for the website. I have currently recieved a few which i will put up very soon and i will be doing one of me as soon as i can thanks and see you all in session later on

'Relegation a threat, but we won't end up like forest' arns Patten. Fred Patten this wekk has issued his players with stark warnings ahead of the next couple of games, a bad run of results have seen reading drop off the pace recently after com,ing so close to promotion last season. Despite recent wins the rouyals board have cranked up the pressure on him to succed, despite the fact tht according to many newspapers that Fred was all set to go to take up the Preston vacancy in the summer. He stayed loyal despite the lure of the premiership club. He expected his loyaty to be rewarded greatly instead, it was rewarded with a mere 500k to build on the squad that he was with last season he was quoted as saying. 'I am expectionaly dissapointed with the budget the board has left me with, after where i took them last season i believe the board should have given me the benefit of the doubt on this one. I expected at least twice this amount, after turning down newly promoted Preston just over a week or so ago, i expected a lot more, i raised a lot of money for the club last season, though players sold and taken off the wage budget. I must say i am truly upset.'

Where Fred Pattens future lies in the next few weeks is unknown, but after dissagreements with the board and litterally pulling every arm and leg he had to get Neil Harris from Milwall. It seems the manager who was so young and so bright alst season could leave or be sacked very soon. My bet is if he was given the rest of the season he could make the royals a premiership club by the end of it. Though pla off palces loks likely though.

Who can catch the Toon Army?

Good question, seeing as Newcastle have won all their games so far in the premiership.

The title race is hotting up already with no one as yet being able to keep pace with Newcastle.

Highlights so far include a good 3-0 win away at Middlesborough (Revenge is sweet icon_biggrin.gif) Guarin and his 12 30 yarders so far(In November he had all 3 goals of the month), thrashing Man Utd 3-0 at home and winning all our CL group matches inc a 3-1 win away in Milan.

Things are looking good for the toon army but as it stands the only way is down. Hopefully this will not be the case though.

With confidence high and nearly every team beaten once already surely there can only be one winner??

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Mon, 12.7.2004 | 19:30 | H | Newcastle Under 19s | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Mon, 19.7.2004 | 19:30 | H | Newcastle Reserves | Friendly | | 3 : 0 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Fri, 23.7.2004 | 19:30 | A | Hibs | Friendly | | 1 : 0 |

| Mon, 26.7.2004 | 19:30 | A | Juniors | Friendly | | 1 : 0 |

| Thu, 29.7.2004 | 19:30 | A | LASK | Friendly | | 3 : 1 |

| Sun, 1.8.2004 | 15:30 | A | Ried | Friendly | | 1 : 0 |

| Wed, 4.8.2004 | 19:30 | A | FC Kärnten | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| Sun, 8.8.2004 | 15:00 | A | Lincoln | Friendly | | 1 : 2 |

| Sun, 15.8.2004 | 14:00 | N | Liverpool | Community Shield | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 21.8.2004 | 15:00 | H | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 25.8.2004 | 19:30 | A | Burnley | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Sat, 28.8.2004 | 15:00 | H | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 5 : 0 |

| Wed, 8.9.2004 | 19:30 | A | Portsmouth | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 18.9.2004 | 15:00 | H | Leeds | Premier Division | | 6 : 0 |

| Wed, 22.9.2004 | 19:45 | A | Milan | Champions Cup Grp F | | 3 : 2 |

| Sat, 25.9.2004 | 15:00 | A | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 2.10.2004 | 15:00 | H | Bolton | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Tue, 5.10.2004 | 19:45 | H | Levski Sofia | Champions Cup Grp F | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 9.10.2004 | 15:00 | A | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 5 : 0 |

| Wed, 13.10.2004 | 19:30 | H | Man Utd | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 23.10.2004 | 15:00 | A | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Tue, 26.10.2004 | 19:45 | A | Sparta Prague | Champions Cup Grp F | | 3 : 2 |

| Wed, 3.11.2004 | 19:45 | H | Everton | League Cup 3rd Rnd | | 4 : 1 |

| Sat, 6.11.2004 | 15:00 | H | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Wed, 10.11.2004 | 19:45 | H | Sparta Prague | Champions Cup Grp F | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 17.11.2004 | 19:30 | A | Everton | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 20.11.2004 | 15:00 | H | Preston | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Wed, 24.11.2004 | 19:30 | A | Southampton | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 27.11.2004 | 15:00 | H | Chelsea | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Tue, 30.11.2004 | 19:45 | H | Milan | Champions Cup Grp F | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 4.12.2004 | 15:00 | A | Crewe | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 8.12.2004 | 19:45 | H | Liverpool | League Cup 4th Rnd | | 2 : 2 |

| Wed, 15.12.2004 | 19:45 | A | Levski Sofia | Champions Cup Grp F | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 18.12.2004 | 15:00 | A | Charlton | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

[This message was edited by dogs on 25 February 2004 at 12:50.]

sorry shaun marshall (Forest_Rule) but i have had to remove you from the clan as you have not turned up to a session for a while and i've seen you posting on the boards a fair bit so i know you have been on. Please contact me when you can and give me an explanation if you can if not then sorry but like i say you will have to go from the clan

All comes to an unfourtunate end for Plymouth manager Lee Owens as he is sacked after a win

After not being able to play in the clan games last week Plymouth manager Lee Owens had to relie on his assistant manager to take over in charge. Unfourtunately the assistant done real bad and left manager Lee Owens in a not so good position at the start of tonights (being monday) session and manager Lee Owens had to get out of the position he was in (22nd) as quick as he could. He couldnt do this as his whole teams morale had been affected from the last 10 games or so. This effected his teams performance on the pitch big time and Lee Owens suffered by getting sacked. Results to follow which led to the sacking.

Plymouth 5-3 Colchester

Scorers: duarte, bashir (2), own goal, nelson

A good start to a rather terrible session but fun one still seen plymouth see off opponents colchester easily. The first half was even stevens but from the kick off for the 2nd half plymouth were playing a higher level of football.

Chesterfield 5-2 Plymouth

Bashir (2)

A rather dissappointing performance seen plymouth lose their first game of the season with manager Lee Owens in charge. Lee owens has always seen chesterfield as a big threat and has not liked to face them and you can see why.

Grimsby 6-4 Plymouth

Grindheim (2), spicer, lowndes

The last new signing that Lee Owens was to make as plymouth manager started off his career at plymouth with 2 goals. Shame he couldnt make it a hat trick. An unlcuky result for plymouth and the sacking was getting nearer and nearer.

Plymouth 3-6 Cheltenham

Scorers: bashir, grindheim (2)

Grindheim yet again grabbed another 2 goals in this game which pleased manager Lee Owens. Shame it was only the midfielders scoring though icon_frown.gif

Walsall 4-2 Plymouth

Scorers: Bashir, peters

After being short on strikers plymouth decided to loan portsmouth striker mark peters who scored one in his first game on loan. Bashir continued his recent excellent form aswell but could not get plymouth 3 points they so badly needed. By this time Lee Owens was starting to already look for available jobs to go to. It suprised him when he was still at plymouth the day after this match.

Plymouth 3-0 Rotherham

Plymouth manager Lee Owens only played the first half of this and went 2 up. The 2nd half approached and got disconnected from server but ended up winning 3-0. This win cheered manager Lee Owens up but then when he least expected to he got sacked.

----PLYMOUTH MANAGER LEE OWENS GETS SACKED. WOLVES APPOINT LEE OWENS AS THEIR NEW MANAGER----

After spending a season and a half at plymouth Lee Owens finally got sacked. Luckily another favourite team of lee's had no manager so he got appointed by them. Lee was hoping to do big things at wolves and hopefully not have a repeat of last time. He looked at his sqaud and knew from the first time he seen them he needed a lot more class and depth in the squad so he started to bid for some class players. They are yet to come but when and if they do wolves will be a dominant force and should be fully equipt for the premiership if they were to go up. Here is how the first 2 games that Lee owens was incharge of wolves for went.

Crystal Palace 4-1 Wolves

Angel

First game for Lee Owens as wolves manager and it was a very hard one. He fielded the best team he could but crystal palace were all over his wolves and fully deserved a win. Lee Owens knew it would be hard for the wolves players to adjust to his tactic so he knows he has to give it time for it to work. He was prepared to do that.

Wolves 3-3 West Ham

Angel, miller, ince

After wolves went 2-0 up through the mid way interval west ham fought back and went 3-2 up. A late goal by old boy ince secured Lee Owens' first point as wolves manager.

As Lee Owens had only just been appointed as wolves new manager he doesnt really expect much at the moment apart from he wants to sign some better players for wolves and make them a better side overall.

wed 19th january home to preston

after winning 5-0 away to the same opponents 2 games ago, boro go into this game full of optimism as they look to

consolidate in the european places. 3rd min perez runs through 5 tackles to shoot horrinly wide. 7th min perez puts

boro ahead from the spot after oli had been fouled. 19 mins gamst pederson sets up perez 2-0. 30th min great presure

from carew forces a mistake by broomes, carew shoots wide. ht 2-0 boro. 2nd half same as the first boro making chance

after chance. 60th min, fantastic cross by pearson, oli heads in 3-0. 65th min preston hit the post from a corner.

70th min superb free kick by gamst sets up oli, 4-0. at 4-0 decide to ring the canges, daley/elmander/janssen all

brought on. full time boro win 4-0

Saturday 22nd january away to southampton

southampton have been a bogey team for boro recently, hopefully this will change. 4th min, perez gets the ball in

midfield skips 2 tackles and runs through 1-0. 7th min oli scores after great work by half the team. 15th min isaaksen

off injured, helton brought on. southampton straight on the attack to test the new keeper, 2 great saves by helton keep

it to 2-0. 45th min perez scors after good work by cambiasso, cambiaso injured though. in injury time beattie pulls 1 back.

47th min beattie makes it 3-2. 51st min reich passes to pearson who beats 4 players 4-2 boro. 77th min good header from

beattie sets up lualua 4-3. 81st min lower equalises after a break away. ft 4-4, but injuries to isaaksen, perez, olisadabe

and cambiasso make it an expensive game.

sat 29th january away to rushden fa cup 4th round.

decided to play mainly a reserve team in this tie, with only lopez/helton piiroja and tsiolis having much experience and

none being first choice players. assistant won 1-0

sat 5th february home to chelsea

assistant drew 2-2

wednesday 9th february away to newcastle

newcastle clear at top of the league, boro going through a dodgy patch, virtually full strength team avaiable for

boro. newcastle stuff boro deservedly 4-1

saturday 12th february home to charlton

pah modou kah finally makes his debut after being injured the day after signing. 11 mins only a great save by kiely prevents

perez putting boro ahead. 16 mins superb 1 2 between perez and gamst sets up oli 1-0. 32 min carew sets up gamst 2-0.

52nd min great pass by cambiasso, perez scores 3-0. 66 mins cambiasso provider again this time for carew 4-0. 69 mins

gamst to perez 5-0. 83rd min oli heads on elmander scores 6-0.

saturday 19th february home to wba fa cup round 5

first min oli scores after good work by perez. 25th min wba hit the post. boro dominate first 30 mins except for that one

chance. 51st min gamst stretchered off, pearson brought on. 70th min wba hit the woodwork again. 77th min piiroja makes a

mistake wba equalise. ft 1-1 replay needed.

The blue half of Manchester turn red

Man City fans were left stunned after manager Fran Cochrane was sacked by the board with no apparent reason being given as the team where 9th in the league and playing okay.

Shortly after his sacking, he was installed as manager of Aston Villa.With their season in tatters after previous managers' handling of club affairs, the Villa board hope that they can avoid relegation and hopefully start building for another season in the premiership.

With finances extremely tight Cochrane is scouring the transfer market for players available on free transfers or at bargain prices.

First game in charge was against preston where he saw his side lose 2-1.This was completey down to poor defending which will need worked on.

Villa the took on Chelsea at home in his Cochrane' second game in charge and battled to a 2-1 victory after going 1-0 down after 4 minutes.

They then traveled to southampton where they won 3-1 with Thomas Hitzelsperger putting in a man of the match performance after scoring Villa's first and grabing a penalty after Vassell hit their second.

Cochrane expects the rest of the season to be tough but knows his team will give it their best.

just so you all know even though i have already told most of you already i will not be able to attend most of tonights session as i have to attend to something important. However game will still go ahead. All meet in the clan chatroom normal times 6.15 t+t and 7pm session start. Im hoping to get on around 10 but if i dont see you all in mondays session and have a good weekend all icon_smile.gif Also dont forget those team reports guys

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic: I will not be able to attend most of tonights session as i have to attend to something important.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the pressure of being manager of Plymouth and then being sacked was too much for him and has now developed a severe drink problem. icon_frown.gif

I think he's attending Alcoholics Annoyminus.

Get well soon lee. icon_biggrin.gif

Newcastle stride towards championship

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sun, 26.12.2004 | 15:00 | H | Birmingham | Premier Division | | 6 : 0 |

| Wed, 29.12.2004 | 19:30 | A | Man City | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Sat, 1.1.2005 | 15:00 | A | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Sat, 8.1.2005 | 15:00 | H | Wrexham | FA Cup 3rd Rnd | | 5 : 1 |

| Sat, 15.1.2005 | 15:00 | H | Burnley | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 22.1.2005 | 15:00 | H | Portsmouth | Premier Division | | 5 : 3 |

| Sat, 29.1.2005 | 15:00 | H | Woking | FA Cup 4th Rnd | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 2.2.2005 | 19:30 | A | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 4 : 5 |

| Sat, 5.2.2005 | 15:00 | A | Leeds | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 9.2.2005 | 19:30 | H | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Sat, 12.2.2005 | 15:00 | A | Bolton | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 19.2.2005 | 15:00 | H | Norwich | FA Cup 5th Rnd | | 6 : 0 |

</pre>

With only 12 games left in the Premiership Newcastle are 16pts clear with a game in hand of nearest challengers, Matt's Man Utd.

Despite their only league defeat at Anfield in the last session, Newcastle continue to dominate. The star player so far being young Freddy Guarin who is top scorer with 18 league goals, followed closely behind by Dyer - 16, Braathen - 15 and Oskarsson -14. These guys have provided the goals whilst Dawson and Zonneveld at the back have provided the stability that was missing last year.

If the run continue Newcastle could walk away with the title well before the end of the season.

With Champions League fixtures coming up as well as an FA Cup QF the treble is still on for the Toon.

A dodgy start for wolves but a tactical change and they are now flying

After plymouth recently let Lee Owens go because they wanted to bring in a manager that was basically good Lee Owens knew that he to do something special with wolves to get his reputation back up. Luckily this session didnt go too bad for Lee Owens for once and he got some pretty good results out of it even though he started off losing a couple. Here is how the games went in tuesdays session

Notts forest 3-1 Wolves

Scorers: Silas

A rocky start to the session by wolves as it seen them overpowered by the almighty notts forest (well not that good because they were near relegation). Only silas scored for wolves in which seemed to be a pretty poor game.

Wolves 0-2 Blackpool

Riding high blackpool were always gonna put up a good fight in this game and they certainly did that leaving wolves in pieces. The wolves squad didnt play well at all and blackpool could of scored more than the 2 they got.

Leicester 2-2 Wolves

Scorers: Mackey(2)

After recent losses for wolves manager Lee Owens finally decided to change his formation and it actually worked well for once. Wolves grabbing a much need point which they could of gone on to win. Mackey starting for his first game since joining from Coventry and scoring 2 on his debut.

Wolves 3-1 Stoke

Mackey, gray, Salcedo

Salcedo ended up getting his first goal for wolves in this game and mackey got another one. An all round decent performance by wolves which seen manager Lee Owens win his first game since going in charge of wolves.

Wolves 2-1 Wigan

Scorers: Mackey (2)

Another strong performance by wolves seen them see off opponents wigan with ease. This new formation was already starting to work well so manager Lee Owens decided that he would keep it for the time being.

Gillingham 3-3 Wolves

Iversen (2), Salcedo

A great game by wolves and they were unfournate not to win it as gillingham grabbed a 90 mintue equliser. Salcedo playing well yet again but due to mackey being out iversen had to step in and done a pretty good job.

Wolves 2-0 Fulham

Scorers: Lescott, Acuna

A good end to a session that turned out to be a good one in the end. 2 unusual players grabbed the goals which seen them move up just outside play-offs. More of this form could see wolves possibly going up into the premiership through the playoff's and that would be just what manager Lee Owens needs.

Matthew Besant - Man U Manager.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Last 10 results

2-1 win home man city

4-0 defeat away millwall

2-0 defeat away villa

4-1 win home crewe

1-1 draw away blackburn

5-0 win home arsenal

3-0 win home everton

3-1 loss away preston

2-0 win home southampton

2-0 win away chelsea

</pre>

Uniteds hopes of winning the league this season are now very unlikely as Newcastle have a 15-20 point difference and 2 games in hand.

But United fans and Board insist that Besant will be safe as long as he brings back one piece of silverware - Last hope is CL as knocked out of everything else.

If he dosen't then United say that they will most probably be bringing in a replacement in the summer unless things go superbly well in the pre season period.

Besant should be happy with the amount of time he has been given so far and should really push for the european glory.

He promises to try his hardest.

Man United Manager

Matthew Besant icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by Marlow on 25 February 2004 at 18:56.]

Archived