Official CMELClan Team Report thread

Try and ease off the text speak a little and be nice to the mods. Take some of those chill pills i sent up to you icon_smile.gif. Another new season in the clan which should be another great one. Full season report will be up on here soon aswell as the other members banners

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

balls, so i am gonna miss two sessions this week, never mind, cant be helped and i need a job so have to miss them, see you all on monday 10th may.

ant relax and learn to spell correctly, its not difficult even i have managed it (just about)

newcastle boss running scared of mighty boro

just realised why jimmy has miraculously been able to get back for wednesday now, he has realised that i will be away all week so he is trying to get as many extra sessions in whilst i am away so he can take advantage of my assistant icon_wink.gif

obviously scared what boro are gonna do this season icon_biggrin.gif

hopefully not too many of my u17s will become 17 and be out of contract, whilst i am away, it would be a shame to lose them now i have so many of them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

not u lee that dick that called me a muppett<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've been warned many times about using sms speak now.

It's inconsiderate for users whos first language isn't English and also a pain to read.

Consider that a final warning.

Oh and abusing Mods isn't going to get you far.

rumours of illicit affair between newcastle boss and boro assistant unfounded

its my own fault for hiring an assistant that turns jimmy on icon_frown.gif

but he must know he has no chance as my assistant isnt that way inclined (only having 2 legs rather than 4 and all that and being without a fleece)

still jimmy can try and take advantage all he wants icon_wink.gif

i will keep an eye on here over the next week so if you can keep me informed of whats happening, cheers and see you all next week

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

not u lee that dick that called me a muppett<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've been warned many times about using sms speak now.

It's inconsiderate for users whos first language isn't English and also a pain to read.

Consider that a final warning.

Oh and abusing Mods isn't going to get you far.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

unfortunately ant isn't the brightest lightbulb in the floodlight, he usually gets the message a month too late, but i do like the patience your all giving him, it must be at least 3 warnings by now and he still persists,

on the bright side ants keyboard skills are improving, just a shame he can't spell

End of season 5 review

Yet again another season of excitement has come to an end. With the premiership starting to get just that little bit tighter now more human sides are struggling and most newly promoted teams are going straight back down. With my bolton side in the premiership for their first season they aimed to stay up and hopefully get around mid table somewhere. They were lucky and did just that shame some of the other human teams didnt icon_frown.gif. Here is a report of how all managers teams got on in this season.

Jimmy - Newcastle

With his team becoming more and more of an unstoppable force so it seems no other team could stop his side from getting that premiership title yet again. Although he didnt do as well as expected in the cups this year he still got the most important trophy of all again which showed just how dominant his side was.

Aida - WBA

Since taking charge of wba aida has improved them bit by bit and all the hard work finally paid off. A remarkable season for aida's side which managed to beat man utd to the 2nd place spot. First time for wba in champions league next season so would be good to see how he fairs against the best teams in the world.

Mike - Liverpool

After taking the liverpool job which was offered to him mid season he managed to do quite well. Finishing 5th in the premiership and also winning the champions league seeing off jimmy in a close encounter. Next season should be a good one for mike and i'd expect him to be one of jimmy's biggest threat's.

Ant - Aston Villa

Although ant had built a good team up with portsmouth he decided to take the aston villa job which was offered to him near mid way through the season and he accepted as portsmouth were in a bit of a state. He managed to get a respectable 11th position which kept him up nicely. Hopefully ant's side will build on that for this season coming.

Me - Bolton

After getting promoted from division one finishing first my players had high hopes but it all went wrong at the very start and i found my team bottom on the half way mark and you know what they say about teams that are bottom then. anyhow with a little change of tactic my team started to improve loads and i was starting to get some decent results which managed to keep my side up for next season. My side managed to grab 15th spot in the premiership which i felt was just perfect couldnt of wished for more. Hopefully i can get some young talent and some experiencecd players in for next season to improve on that position.

Fran - Man City

With fran getting sacked from his old club aston villa he had to get back on track. He managed to keep man city up that was the good thing but the bad thing is if he dont bring in some more players for the coming season i feel he will go down icon_frown.gif possibly with me.

Stephen - Sunderland

A bit of an unexpected return this was for the old sunderland managed Stephen Barnes. He joined at the wrong time really and only played a couple of games in which he beat me icon_mad.gif. Even though sunderland were already down he still managed to do well and show us how good manager he was. They finished in 19th which was good considering they were bottom when he joined them. Who knows what next season will bring for this side but hopefully is all good.

Joey - Millwall

Another side which was experiancing their first season in the premiership. It was a very bad one for them finishing bottom in the premiership but they managed to win the league cup which i think kept joey's job for him. With the players joey's team has i expect him to come straight back up again but who knows.

Simon - Middlesbrough

A good recovery for simons middlesbrough side after such a crap start to the season. It was looking as if middlesbrough had lost their touch for a fair bit of the season but some good wins put them back on track. If simons middlesbrough can get back to what they were playing like the season before this one then they should be a close contender for jimmy's newcastle.

Stevey - Sheffield United

First full season for stevey with his new side after getting sacked from hull but not deserving it at all. It was a very good season for stevey but his side got knocked out in the playoff's meaning another season in division one this season for stevey's sheffield united. A shame that he just missed out on auto promotion finishing 4th but it happens sometimes and hopefully sheffield united will learn from their mistakes and come up this season to the premiership.

Joe - Wolves

A rather shocking season for joe at yet again another old club this time my old club wolves. He managed to keep them up in division one but didnt look to good his side didnt. If he dont invest in some new players this season i hate to say it but he could be going down icon_frown.gif.

Well thats all for the 5th season the only other thing to mention is that aida got clan manager of the year season 5 for his outstanding work at wba.

Hope you enjoy the read and dont forget your reports members cheers and see you all next session wednesday usual times except simon who is away i think.

Oh be quiet Simon your just upset on how much better Liverpool are than Boro.

2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0

did i mention 2-0?

Update

We now have a new member called phillip peck joining us on wednesday. He has actually took the time to read all the rules and shouldnt be getting on the wrong side of anyone. He also knows that we are in the 6th season and it aint no problem to him about all the players or most stars being snapped up already. He seems confident and hopefully he will become an active member like the other 11 of us so all wish him the best of luck and welcome him to the clan icon_smile.gif.

Oh be quiet Simon your just upset on how much better Liverpool are than Boro.

2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0

did i mention 2-0?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well done ant a full sentance with no abbreviations, i am very proud of you icon_wink.gif

also a good win for liverpool (however dodgy the penalty) but answer this qyestion ant, are liverpool in europe yet? didn't think so icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

_Update_

We now have a new member called phillip peck joining us on wednesday. He has actually took the time to read all the rules and shouldnt be getting on the wrong side of anyone. He also knows that we are in the 6th season and it aint no problem to him about all the players or most stars being snapped up already. He seems confident and hopefully he will become an active member like the other 11 of us so all wish him the best of luck and welcome him to the clan icon_smile.gif.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

good luck phillip, what team will you be, have you made up your mind yet? i hear villa need a decent manager (sorry ant couldn't resist) but burnley have a great squad in the premiership if you dont want one of the big guns

also whilst i am away, i will except any transfer bids for vincent kompany, and all the reserve and u19 squad are available for loan, so if anyone bids on those players for loan(but not for sale excpet the aforementioned kompany), please allow them lee

eio eio up the football league the blades go.

Had a sweet weekend in sheffield, went to head candy at gatecrasher and meet some fine ladies, unfortuantly didnt get lucky as i had trouble putting words together icon_smile.gif Pooty-tang.

Welcome Phillip, hope you have a good time in the clan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by commuter:

_rumours of illicit affair between newcastle boss and boro assistant unfounded_

its my own fault for hiring an assistant that turns jimmy on icon_frown.gif

but he must know he has no chance as my assistant isnt that way inclined (only having 2 legs rather than 4 and all that and being without a fleece)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey its not my fault your wife likes to get on all fours and wear nothing but a fleece! icon_wink.gif

Also i think the 8 point gap i have already opened up between the Toon Army and the Barmy Boro will be quite sufficient already icon_biggrin.gif

As for other challengers, well Mike will be up there but as long as Todorov stays ill be fine icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

Hey its not my fault your wife likes to get on all fours and wear nothing but a fleece! icon_wink.gif

Also i think the 8 point gap i have already opened up between the Toon Army and the Barmy Boro will be quite sufficient already icon_biggrin.gif

As for other challengers, well Mike will be up there but as long as Todorov stays ill be fine icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well the wife is a bit of a beast (a nice on mind just incase she ever reads this) as for todorov,he wont want to stay at a small time team like newcastle at least not when bolton go in for him icon_biggrin.gif, there again maybe he will stay.

i am well impressed at the eight point lead you have over boro, especially as boro have only dropped 4 points so far, jimmy been using the editor again, that explains the last 4 championships icon_biggrin.gif

ok stevey keep of the weed whilst your managing a football team icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MMmm drugs are bad ok?

Ant i think yo must have got me confussed because i dont even smoke. icon_smile.gif

Now where did i put that bong

Originally posted by ChampHolic:

remember all next session is tonight usual times hope you all had a good last few days and stevey not even smoking thats like saying david backham is crap at freekicks icon_smile.gif[/quote

I think david backham is crap at free kicks! Although I hear a rumour that david beckham is quite good at them! icon_biggrin.gif

Villa lose ground on Newcastle

after a fair few easy games the big boys were approachig villa, this is how they got on....

Aston Villa 4 - 2 Chelsea

(Lennon, Ben Arfa2, Downing)

Crewe 1 - 3 Aston Villa

((Ben Arfa, Klaus pen, Olisadebe))

Villa 2 - 3 Newcastle

(Kakalov, Lennon)

Boro 3 - 1 Aston VILLA

(Lennon)

Villa 4 - 0 Norwich

(ben arfa, Foley, Downing, Lennon)

A mixed set of result's, lost 3rd place by the 3-1 defeat to Boro. And also lost ground on newcastle after the 3-2 defeat, Team still taking time to settle after whole new squad was brought in. But in all i am very pleased with them. 4th in the league is still very good.

unlucky ant, but at least you will be safe from relegation trouble (unless you have your usual end of season slump) still think you will get into europe this year,

i saw that the mighty boro managed to beat you as well, they must have a great manager now i am away icon_frown.gif but only losing to boro and the geordies is good going

any chance of anyone posting on here tonight to let me know how boro are doing after tonights session please, just so i know where we are upto and all that

see you all monday and come on boro

Afternoon Si,

I do know that Boro won all their games except one last night.

Not sure exactly but in league you played 5 won 4 drew 1.

Will get all results and post them on here tonight for you around 6pm though.

Just to point out though still a 4pt gap between you and the toon icon_biggrin.gif

_Villa lose ground on Newcastle

after a fair few easy games the big boys were approachig villa, this is how they got on....

Aston Villa 4 - 2 Chelsea_

(_Lennon, Ben Arfa2, Downing_)

Crewe 1 - 3 Aston Villa

((_Ben Arfa, Klaus pen, Olisadebe_))

Villa 2 - 3 Newcastle

(_Kakalov, Lennon_)

Boro 3 - 1 Aston VILLA

(_Lennon_)

Villa 4 - 0 Norwich

(_ben arfa, Foley, Downing, Lennon_)

A mixed set of result's, lost 3rd place by the 3-1 defeat to Boro. And also lost ground on newcastle after the 3-2 defeat, Team still taking time to settle after whole new squad was brought in. But in all i am very pleased with them. 4th in the league is still very good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed Ant you are doing well. Villa could be dark horses this year.

Forgot my yearly predictions this year so here goes.

1. Newcastle

2. Boro

3. Villa

4. Liverpool

As for relegation i think all should avoid it this year, even lee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

Afternoon Si,

I do know that Boro won all their games except one last night.

Not sure exactly but in league you played 5 won 4 drew 1.

Will get all results and post them on here tonight for you around 6pm though.

Just to point out though still a 4pt gap between you and the toon icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers jimmy, i will just wait for all your players to get tired in your european games and catch up in the new year icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

i wouldnt be too sure about that im playing real ****. Anyway reports to come later on all of my amazing losses icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you stil in the bottom 3 then lee,

and joe sacked 4 times now is it? officially the worst manager

Yeh don't worry lee, can't be helped.

and what happened yesterday jimmy???? did the game crash?

cos I couldn't be bothered waiting so I went to bed.

Not sure what actually happened though icon_confused.gif

Unbeaten Session for Villa, which keeps up on Newcastle.

Birmingham 1 - 4 Villa

(Kakalov, Olisadebe2, Mendoza)

Aston Villa 4 - 1 Blackburn

(Mendoza, Kakalov2, Olisadebe)

Man Utd 0 - 5 Aston Villa

(Klaus pen, Foley, Kakalov3.)

(O'Shea was also sent off after 17minutes for united which lead to the penalty and probably helped towards the thrashing of Man Utd)

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Arsenal

(Leko)

(Loads of chances but arsenal resisted.)

West Brom 0 - 1 Aston Villa

(Downing)

(WBA dominated in the final third but couldn't break us down, counter attacking late goal gave villa the win)

Aston Villa 4 - 1 Preston

(Kakalov,Mendoza2, Lennon)

(Dominant performance from the lads in claret & blue, no chance for Preston.)

With these result and the team playing absolutely superb i hope they will be challanging Newcastle for the league.

Currently in 2nd 1 point of Newcastle......

(1 game in hand to newcastle!!!)

(games that continued after the crash)

Southampton 0 - 2 Aston Villa

(Foley2.)

(Keeping up pressure on geordies!!)

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Bolton

(Kakalov, Ben Arfa)

(sorry lee, 2 late goal got the win)

1 point behind leaders Newcastle!!!!

Ok, Hi everyone, I'm Phil and I joined the clan on Wednesday. After spending a good 10 minutes deciding on a team to manage, I was tempted by the "challenge" of Arsenal...

I say "challenge" with honesty! After taking charge of Arsenal, in the chatroom someone !said, "They're the ****, everyone's had 'em!" Which confirmed Lee's assurance of terrible banter! With Robinho I had a truly world class striker; Pennant an established winger; Quaresma also a right winger; Ruud Van Nistelflop (not performing well); and Ashley Cole my trusty left back, thinks were looking good. But the rest of the squad was a complete shambles, in 2008 the spine of the "Old" Arsenal squad had been decimated Sol Campbell was now 34 and still earning over £100,000 a week, Patrick Vieira settled at Old Trafford, and Tierry Henry at Valencia. The rest of my squad were youth players and some very poor reserves.

With 20 Million in the bank and 10 million to spend on new talent, things seemed okay, (another) But the when I joined, the transfer window had closed, meaning I had to wait until January for new players. The main priority was to shift the dead-wood high earners; Nicolas Anelka will be departing for 4 million to Preson, and £40,000 saved on the wage bill; Celestine Babayaro will also be leaving for 2.5 Million and a further £25,000 off the wage buget; Roy Makaay also for 0.5 Million and £50,000 off the wage buget.

Finally the important tranfer, the Liverpool manager took a liking to Djoudou and only 21 and with some exceptional attributes liverpool offered Riccardo Montolivo and 7 Million upfront and a further 2 Million in 12 Months, in desperate need for a left winger, the offer was simply too good to reject, and with an outstading loan of 45 million being paid off, the money was also too good to reject. With a depleted defence, the tranfer listed centre half of Middlesborough, Vincent Kompany was available on a free, so I decided to take on his huge wages from The Boro. Also Joseph Yobo currently at Everton in the First Division seemed too good to turn away, and with Everton looking to cash in, 3.5 Million seemed like a bargain for a player with so much talent and the ability to step into midfield if required.

Without the players available til January my league form has been shakey to say the least, currently languishing in 15th place, things are not looking good. But after progressing in the League Cup to the Quarter Finals and into the Third Round of the Uefa Cup, there is still hope.

On a very positive front after looking into the Signing of Tierry Henry, it seems like previous managers have not done too badly, the club will be due 20 Million in another 8 league games, and also 1 Million per league game for the next 28 matches, but with a Broken Leg the money won't be appearing any time soon.

Hopefully next season I will be challenging for some silverware, unless I get sacked before that point, unfortunately with the Board and Fans wanting me to win the league I could be in a spot of bother.

Newcastle hold slim lead at the top

Depsite a good start to the league campaign by the reigning champs, Ant's villa are breathing down our necks as we hold onto a slender 1pt lead.

The toon continue their remarkable diplays though and im as keen as ever to win more silverware with this team.

This season's transfer saga

Over the last couple of years we have seen the initial squad change drastically to where we are today. And this season has been no exception.

Another stalwart of the toon army made his departure this season. Kieron Dyer was tempted away by a 20m bid from Dortmund. Dyer was the star of our first 3 seasons and although played less of a role recently it was the end of an era. Also out was Braathen and Milito in exchange for Perez of Boro (more about him later). Milito failed to impress at the toon but Braathen's departure was with heavy heart as he was a world class striker who suffered a couple of injuries that put him down the pecking order. Hopefully he wont do too well as Boro!

Also going is Jermaine Jenas, off to Hull for 9m in January. Like dyer a star of the first couple of seasons but through injury has missed over 60 games in the last 2 seasons. It was time to cash in on him.

Solari went to Birmingham for 1.5m and along with Faber and Akineev who went for free our dead wood was released.

This paved the way for some new blood. First in was Freddy William Thompson for 2.5m from Liverpool, got just before Mike took over and a bargain for a world class midfielder. Next in was Perez in the exchange with Boro. He starred for Boro and hopes were high he could do the same for us.

Another 5 youth players came in from other clubs as my scouting is paying off big time. And then our biggest signing yet, signing Nicolas Burdisso, the talented Argentinian centre back. He arrived for 11.5m and is pushing Dawson and Mceveley at the back.

Youth Report

Even if i do say so myself we have some amazing talent at Newcastle coming through the ranks. This was shown recently when i put these kids out and they came away with a 4-0 win over the full strength Man Utd team in the league cup 4th round.

There are many to watch out for but it looks as though Newcastle could have a winning team for years to come without spending a penny.

Results so far

Top of the league, played 16 won 13 drew 2 lost 1. So cant complain, but depsite this start Villa are still on our tail and have the squad to maintain their challenge. So one of the closest title races for years seems to be on the cards.

Highlights so far for me have been the form of Todorov, the impressive Savolainen when covering Morgan and also the results against Liverpool and Man Utd at home. Apart from Todorov no one has really shone but its early days yet and im expecting more from Perez, Oskarsson and Tevez.

Results so far are:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Chelsea (n) 0-3 Charity Shield

WBA (a) 3-2 Zonneveld, Todorov, Ossi

Preston (h) 1-0 Guarin

Southampton (a) 2-0 Rats, Ossi

Bolton (h) 5-0 Savolainen, Perez, Tevez, Ossi

Hull (a) 1-0 Perez

Partizan (h) 2-0 Todorov, Rats

Liverpool (h) 5-0 Morgan 2, Todorov 2, Ossi

Aston Villa (a) 3-2 Morgan, Todorov, Ossi

Shaktar (a) 4-1 Todorv 3, Delgado

Burnley (h) 1-1 Ossi

Man City (a) 2-1 Todorov, OG

Dinamo (a) 6-0 Morgan, Renato, Ossi 3, Todorov

Rotheram(LC)(a) 4-3 Tevez 2, Speight, Donnelly

Spurs (h) 4-2 Todorov 4

Dinamo (h) 6-0 Zonneveld, Renato, Todorov, Ossi, Tevez, OG

Chelsea (a) 0-3

Crewe (h) 1-0 Savolainen

Bristol C (h) 5-0 Renato, Tevez 2, Todorov, Morgan

Boro (a) 1-1 Todorov

Partizan (a) 3-1 Todorov 2, Rats

Norwich (h) 2-0 Ossi 2

Man Utd(LC) (h) 4-0 Song 2, Carvalho, Rats

Blackburn (h) 4-0 Todorov 2, Ossi, Renato

Shaktar (h) 2-0 Todorov 2</pre>

I thought id give some readers a treat, now you can finally get a look at my first team squad icon_smile.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">1st in English Premier Division

Squad Screen

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| GK | Wnt | Collin, A | GK | | SB1 | | Stekelenburg, M | GK |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| DR | | Daniel | D R | | DC | | McEveley, J | D LC |

| DL | | Zonneveld, M* | D/DM L | | DC | | Burdisso, N | D C |

| SB2 | | Dawson, M | D C | | | | Sonko, I | D C |

| SB3 | Wnt | Guarín, F | DM RC | | MR | | Renato | DM RC |

| DMC | | Thompson, F | DM RLC | | FC | | Óskarsson, O* | M/F RC |

| | Wnt | Delgado, C | AM/F RL | | SB4 | | Daniel Carvalho | AM LC |

| ML | | Morgan, L* | AM L | | | Loa | Savolainen, J | AM L |

| MC | | Pérez, P | AM C | | FC | Wnt | Tevez, C | F C |

| | | Rungratsamee, S | S C | | SB5 | Wnt | Todorov, A | S C |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by commuter:

cheers for crashing the game when stevey was beating me, icon_biggrin.gif, very kind of you jimmy

see you all monday<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you can imagine i was a excited little man, but you thrashed me in the re-match it was no contest.

if it makes you feel any better stevey, i have jimmy in the 1/4s so it is going to be a battle of the u19 teams, lets see who has the best youth set up jimmy, and we will see if your future boast holds up icon_wink.gif or if you will in fact need to spend a fortune

Archived