Official CMELClan Team Report thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

don't you flog most of your youth to me si?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only the ones who aren't good enough for boro icon_razz.gif

Guys,

There may be a session tonight, waiting on Aida, Mike and Fran to confirm a) they are available for session or b) they dont mind one going ahead without them

If any of you guys can let someone know either way. cheers

Sorry about not doing any reports for a while.

Anyway, the legend has returned home to the stadium of light in hope of taking them back to where they belong - the premiership

The season started and had to do a clearout and bring in new faces and build for the future:

phil jagielka (liverpool): free

adrian taylor : free transfer

lee phillips (wigan): 250k

mark wilson : free transfer

rob king (exeter): 20k

paul wilson (rochdale): 35k

sergio (reading): 160k

paul hopkins (everton): 55k

marc wilson (sheff wed): 650k

darren gibson (brentford): 50k

sold, thornton for 2.1m to chelsea and a few other dead-wood players

The season started off poorly, and my assistant left me starting off 1 session at 22nd in the league. We made up for that and went on a really good run and climbed up to 6th before session ended.

Coming back tonight and found that the assistant (baggio), had went on another bad run with 2 win, 7 draws and thankfully no defeats.

The fans are upset at me and rightly so, as is the board but are willing to give me time - thankfully, although my job is insecure according to the job centre!!

Sunderland beat Huddersfield (4-1) in the FA Cup 3rd round and now face Charlton in the next round. 2 wins against West Ham and Blackpool moved us up to 3rd in the league, but a poor performance and a lot of players out against Cardiff, saw Sunderland slip down to 7th. Time will tell if Barnes is the manager come end of season, and the fans will probably have the final say in this one.

Also rumours about the king joining sunderland in the next few days!

my reports will come before tommorows session just had a few things to do over the past few days anyway nice to see you found our thread barnsey icon_smile.gif and dont forget next session tommorow (being monday) usual times meet in the clan chatroom

newcastle1.jpg

Toon Army fend off Villa challenge so far

A good session last where Newcastle played 9 games in all.

A bad start though as we were outplayed by Man Utd at Old Trafford coming away with a 3-1 defeat. The battle of the u19's was next, playing Boro in the League cup quarter finals, both sides fielded majority of u19 players. A great game that ended 3-3 with the toon army youngsters winning on penalties.

Next up was Phil's Arsenal, a good performance from Newcastle and we sent Arsenal packing 4-0. Although a heavy defeat and languishing in bottom half, i think Phil's Arsenal are on the way up and will be challengers if the board dont sack him.

A good 4-2 win away to Birmingham was followed by a 2-2 draw at home to Aida's WBA. We were very lucky this game and had to come from 2-0 down to get a point. Chances for both teams at the death could have won it either way but WBA were the better team and deserved more than a point.

Our record signing Mancini made his debut next against Crewe in the FA Cup 3rd round. He scored and was man of the match in a 1-0 win, so a great start for him.

3 relatively easy victories followed, our reserves thumped Preston 3-0, Southampton were next and a comfortable 2-0 win. Finally Lee's bolton in the last game of the session as we won 2-0 at the reebok stadium.

Quite a good session for the toon army, increasing their lead at the top to 6 points over Ant's villa. Although given that ant lost and drew his last 2 games then it could have been even tighter at the top.

So will anyone catch Newcastle? Will Ant fall at the last hurdle? Will Joe get sacked again? Only time will tell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

Next up was Phil's Arsenal, a good performance from Newcastle and we sent Arsenal packing 4-0. Although a heavy defeat and languishing in bottom half, i think Phil's Arsenal are on the way up and will be challengers if the board dont sack him.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, thanks for the vote of confidence. An excellent start to the session for Arsenal, with two wins from two games, a 4-2 and a 5-0 at home. Then things started to go south, a loss at home to Aida's W.B.A, Aida's side did him proud while he was away, with Igor coming on and turing the game on its head with two goals in the second half.

I managed to get the money in from the Sales, and also signed "a few" players. In came John Welsh from Lazio for a mere 6 Million, with poor form in Europe but excellent league form, I felt 6 million was a bargain for the 25 year old Englishman. Also with an intense struggle with Boro for the signing of Nigel De Jong for 11,25 Million, seems a little high for the young Dutchman without any full Caps, with his excellent versatility I felt he was worth it. Also coming to January means players contracts have around six months to run, so I raced into the tranfer market. Again after intense competition from W.B.A and Boro, I came out on top in the race to Sign John O'Shea from Manchester United, the 27 year old defender will be an excellent aquisition. The performance of O'Shea over the past four seasons has been very good, which makes the signing all the more sweeter. Also a Defensive Midfielder from Chelsea will be arriving, purely to bulk up the squad, rated at roughly 8 Million with poor form but proven ability he seemed too good to let go.

Also with the big signings comes some unknown youth players, I have about 6 youngsters coming in in the closed season, all of which have excellent attributes for their age, hopefully some excellent talents in prospect.

Two away losses to Jimmy's Newcastle and Si's Boro, my early good form in the session had gone to waste. But my homeform looking quite healthy, Pennant coming back from injury, and Quaresma coming in to a little form, a 3rd Round Replay win at Fulham. Currently in 13th place in the league, things could be better, but with notable performances from Montolivo, Yobo, Kompany, and Robinson,

With only 6 Million in the bank left, and losing money most months I will be hoping to sell some more poor players. One another low note, the Fans were somewhat shocked with the signing of Joseph Yobo, and then upset that I sold Gilberto, it seems as though my time in charge will possibly be in vain.

Villa Stumbling.

Transfers Out.

Tomaz Hitzlsperger - Chelsea 5.25m

Joos Vaalgaren - Blackburn - 250k

Pizzaro - Preston 1.6m

Isaksson - Southampton - 2m

A few decent youngster's coming in....

Results

Hull 1 - 1 Aston Villa

( Olisadebe)

(Super Sub does it again. Not a good performance at all!)

Aston Villa 3 - 1 Liverpool

(Mendoza2, Lennon)

(Villatook advantage of Liverpool's bad form and got an undiserved win.)

Bristol C 3 - 2 Villa

(Kakalov, Ben Arfa)

(First defeat in 9, Some good stuff played but let down by Isaksson in goal)

Bolton.jpg

The last session i didnt really play many games as i wasnt feeling too well and the session before is it really worth doing a report? no it aint because i lost every single game in those sessions icon_smile.gif. I wasnt in a very good mood with my side after all these defeats and was thinking the sack aint far away now. Im hoping my team can improve loads and start to get out of the drop zone otherwise its another club im going to be at.

Hopefully next time i will have some good enough results to report icon_smile.gif

Title Hopes Vanish after poor performances.

FA Cup 3rd Round.

Newport County 1- 1 Villa

(Ben Arfa)

(Truly awful display by my team)

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Burnley

(Mendoza, Kakalov)

Man City 1 - 1 Villa

(Kakalov)

Chelsea 2 - 2 Aston Villa

FA cup 4th round.

Aston Villa 5 - 0 Millwall

(Lennon, Velasco, Milner, Mendoza, Ben Arfa)

Villa 0 - 0 Spurs

Villa 0 - 0 Crewe

Middlesbrough 3 - 0 Villa

FA cup 5th

Burnley 4 - 1 Villa

(Friedel OG)

Newcastle 2 - 2 Villa

(Kakalov 2)

Norwich 0 - 0 Villa

The end of season colpase has returned.... WAT CAN I DO???????

Ok, after a faltering start, with lots of defeats, last nights session was without doubt the best of my three sessions in the group.

Ok down to business, with a small tinkering to my 4-4-2 formation away from home, I went to old trafford with all of my players available baring Sol Campbell, who at 34 may be past it, still has quality. After an excellent first half going in 1-0 up, we collapsed after 75 mintes and lost 2-1, with morale low things were going to be hitting rock bottom.

A home game to Blackburn seemed to be a toughy, but a fine 2-0 win with Montolivo pulling the strings set the "wheel" in motion. This was followed by a home game to Cardiff in the 4th round of the FA Cup. I decided to name an unchanged team, simply because i thought a second win would build confidence.. They took a hammering, but managed to hold out for a draw. NOT GOOD!

Another home game to Bristol City this time, a confortable 2-0 win, followed by a 3-0 away at Cardiff in the replay.

A tricky game away to Preston was always going to be tough for my bad travelling team. But after a first half penalty by Montolivo a Preson missed penalty 5 minutes later, things seemed to be on the turn. Next was Frans Manchester City in the FA Cup 5th Round "their place". A hard fought 2-1 win having most of the possesion and the better of the chances, I couldn't grumble.

A home game to the underachieving Southampton side was a mere formality, 3-0. Then two UEFA Cup games with Arsenal Kiev, both of which were 2-0.

So a remarkable session for my team, it seems like things could be on the up, with morale high and good form, a european place next is a distinct possibility.

I have not had much chance to say anything about my team, so here goes.

[color:RED]1. Paul Robinson (GK)[/color]

[color:GREEN]2. Nigel De Jong (RB)[/color]

[color:GREEN]3. Ashley Cole (LB)[/color]

[color:BLUE]4. John Welsh (MC (D))[/color]

[color:GREEN]5. Sol Campbell (CB)[/color]

[color:GREEN]6. Joseph Yobo (CB)[/color]

[color:BLUE]7. Ricardo Quaresma (RM)[/color]

[color:BLUE][color:BLUE]11. Riccardo Montolivo (ML)[/color]8. Jermaine Pennant (MC (A))[/color]

[color:PURPLE]9. Robinho (SC)[/color]

[color:PURPLE]10. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (SC)[/color]

icon_smile.gif Got some colours in!

Conratulations your clan has been awarded FMO "established clan" status.

This position will be reviewed in 3 mos time. You have had a FMO stamp placed on your opening clan post to highlight this, and when the forum outlook gets done over the next month your thread link and website will be highlighted in the forum header.

Whoop Whoop!

Excellent news, well done all for making this one of the best clans out there.

Sorry about abrupt end last night, during saving of the backup file my comp crashed!

First save file was fine though so nothing should be lost. Proves you need that backup one icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

Whoop Whoop!

Excellent news, well done all for making this one of the best clans out there.

Sorry about abrupt end last night, during saving of the backup file my comp crashed!

First save file was fine though so nothing should be lost. Proves you need that backup one icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe. My CM went t*ts up because of that, congrats for winning the league, let me win our game I need it.icon_wink.gif

Mediocre Season For Baggies

After finishing 2nd in the premiership the season before, Baggies manager Aida had high hopes for this season. He was aiming for another top 6 finish, whilst also hoping for a good run in the cups, including the champions league which they had qualified for after finishing 2nd.

However throughout the season WBA never really reached their full potential and were dropping points home and away. The baggies were constantly moving positions in the table, sometimes in the top half, sometimes near the relegation zone. So towards the end of the season, manager Aida gathered his troops and asked them for a strong finish to the season. The players responded to this and managed to climb up the table and eventually hold out to gain 7th place (i think?).

After reaching the quarter finals of the Champions League, WBA's financial structure has been secured, and the future is always looking better for this small club from the West Midlands.

Even though Aida was disappointed with this season, he is very proud of his players and believes that they can definitely achieve a top 6 position in the forthcoming season. Aida has also set a target for his players to win some silverware this season, and with some decent signings this may well be possible.

Boing Boing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

you love yourself too much icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone has to!! icon_biggrin.gif

newcastle1.jpg

Newcastle say Goodbye in Style

Another fantastic season for Newcastle as the toon army won their 5th consecutive Premiership title along with their 3rd Champions League success. Winning the League Cup as well meant it was a super season for the toon army.

Todorov as predicted was the star, amassing over 40 goals, Collin in goals was outstanding, Oskarsson was his usual self but the whole team performed well. No results typified this more than the 7-0 demolition of in-from Porto in the Champions League Semi final first leg.

I will list our results later, inc the final table but for now the main news of the day is the departure of manager James Cale from Newcastle United.

James Cale Quite as Newcastle Boss

Within weeks of guiding Newcastle to a domestic treble i felt that this was possibly the time to move on and look for a new challenge. Whilst i was still deciding the position of Norwich manager came up. With them having finished one place out of relegation the challenge was too inviting. So i handed in my resignation and off i went to Norwich. I leave Newcastle in a great situation, world class first teamers and a cream of hot prospects destined for the top. It is with a heavy heart that i leave but feel the lure of new challenge is too great

It is now official, legendary manager icon_biggrin.gif James Cale is the new Norwich City manager.

After a difficult start to my game, it all seemed to be going well. Until the last day of the Premiership Season, this league game being the 4th game in 7 days, things were going to be tough.

Then After going 2 down, having robinho send off, 2 penalties, and god knows what else go wrong, a 4-2 defeat at Ashburton Grove was not good preperation for my Uefa Cup Final Game v Spara Prague.

After totally dominating and taking a half time lead, things stalled and a well taken goal made it 1-1. Then a silver goal for Sparta settled the tie. What a load of crap!

Then in the FA Cup Final v Man Utd, being completely dominated for 90 minutes not the only humiliation, John O'shea (my future centre half) scored one and took the Man Of The Match. A very dissapointing end to what seemed to be a promising season.

On to better news, as in the closed season after stupidly pushing the board to expand Ashburton Grove, they decided that it would be a good investment. So by December of this year I will have a 75,000 Seater Stadium, unfortunately it comes at a price. Not only paying off the 43 Million Pound loan still, and with a further 15 million expenditure, the new season was looming, and no expensive signings would be joining the club.

Season expectations are high as ever, the fans want the title, the board expect me to challenge, and I myself expect to challenge for honours on all fronts. After the signing of O'Shea and some Italian, wages were increased significantly. With the board pestering to reduce the wages, I ofloaded Van Nistelrooy for 1.5 Million to Hull. It is a bit of a risk, but the summer signing of Dann a young English kid from Blackpool, performing exceptionally in the first division, could well be my find of the summer.

Norwich Revolution

The Norwich revolution has begun, new manager James Cale has expressed his desire to rid Norwich of all the dead wood and also bring in some world class players to bolster the squad in there attempt to finish higher than last years position of 15th.

Cale said "Im looking forward to getting the squad and staff prepared, organised and ready for the new season. Its been a long time since i was a new manager at a new club and im enjoyinh the new challenge."

"With regards to new signings i can confirm Craig Parker was signed from Middlesbrough and with hopefully 5 more targets signing within the next week we can challenge for a mid table spot. To achieve this though we are looking to offload around 10 squad players before the end of the month."

Cale was asked whether he missed the wealth of talent available to him at Newcastle, cale said "No". When questioned on whether he thought Newcastle would win their 6th consectutive title without him he said "i dont care, im Norwich manager now and im fully focused on getting us a mid table spot and establish us as a good Premier league team, of course i will always have fond memories of my time at Newcastle but thats all they are, memories"

Cale is obviously determined to succeed at Norwich, and his no nonsense approach has gone down well with fans.

One fan was quoted as saying "I love him!! he is fu**ing GREAT!"

Geordie boss quits because of pressure

more details are becoming apparant as to the one time legend on tynesides' reason for quiting.

A source close to the team (perez) have revealed that jimmy had lost the confidence of the team as he was panicking over the ever improving team just down the A19. it is believed he decided to quit whilst ahead rather than face the surefire humiliation he was about to recieve over the coming years.

another source close the sir bobby robson is believed to have overheard jimmy and sir bobby talking about life in east anglia well before the end of the season, surely putting paid to jimmy's unbelievable announcement of needing a new challenge (after all he hasnt gone to a club with no money outside of the top two divisions icon_wink.gif). time will tell as to whether jimmy can achieve at norwich what he achieved at newcastle, or if it was indeed the retired knight who had pulled the strings all along!!!!

It came as a shock to me, but it seems like me everyone is trying to feast on the scraps of the Newcastle Squad.

It seems that Jimmy's Norwich side are going to be a match for anyone. But as Si said, they are bloody rich club!

My predictions for the forthcoming season:

After only being in the Clan for just under a season it is clear who are the "Legends" and who are the "Minnows"icon_wink.gif

I think it is a four horse race this season for the title:

Ant's Aston Villa - with some excellent signings and especially the loaning of FWT for the season, and selling David Foley to Newcastle for 9.5 Million, an excellent season in prospect for the Midlands club.

Si's Boro - After a stadium expansion like myself, Si was left with little money to strengthen, especially with the Signing of Rooney for 18 Million!!! So selling some excellent prospects to the likes of Norwich, added to the club coffers.

Also Man Utd & Newcastle for obvious reasons, their squads are virtually unmatchable.

For europe, this is very tricky, simply because everyone has the ability to get their squad into europe;

Mike's Liverpool, obvious talent in the squad, but in my opinion a little top heavy, some like it, but I think more than a handfull is waste!icon_wink.gif

My Arsenal, well with vast changes to the squad, it has been a huge change from the team that I took charge of, I am without doubt happy with my signings, but the expansion of the stadium has undoubtedly hindered my title aspirations for this season. I unlike Mike am with only Robinho who is a world class striker, but lots of young striking options, Europe is well within reach.

Aida's West Brom - Some excellent summer moves for Aida, especially Tudor, a very underestimated force, certainly a tough game, especially at the Hawthorns.

Jimmy's Norwich - Obviously with the managerial "talent" Jimmy clearly has, the Norwich side will be a match for almost all of us. With Supat Rungratsamee on loan and another great striker, and lots of money to back up the claim, he will certainly challenge for europe.

Now onto the two guys who achieved promotion:

Barsey's Sunderland don't seem to have much fire power, but he assures us that Super Henrik Larsson will be a force to be reckoned with! With the excellent stadium he stands a decent chance to stay up, as does Pothead Stevey! Being very stingy in the tranfer market and having problems playing Stevey will have lots of money to spend when he finally does get his arse into gear!

I think its going to be a tough season for both of the new arrivals in the Premiership but they may stay up.icon_smile.gif

And Now Lee's team....erm can't remember who it is, they may come straight back up...but I fear it may be another season in Division one for him.

What time would the game be up as im going out tonight? before 5.30 by any chance? oh and i'll do an end of season report as soon as i get some time off revision and when i get the info off the game. Did you get a session done last night?

My predictions are usually crap (apart from predicting my own success icon_biggrin.gif) But this more of a general review with no specifics.

With me leaving Newcastle it does open up the door for several clubs to finally win their first Premiership crown.

Aida - WBA team that proved in the last 2 years it can compete at the highest level. Squad is stronger this year and i think the experience of the CL last year will mean a top 5 finish this year in the league.

Ant - I said all last season that ant had a very good squad and he proved it with his 4th place. But like Aida last year i think being in the CL this year may affect his league placing. But he has added well to the squad and shouldnt be out of the top 6.

Barnsey - Sunderland did well to win the 1st Division last year but i feel some of Barnsey's purchases, mainly that of a 38 year old Henrik Larsson, will be his downfall. I dont expect much from him this year, he will be lucky to avoid relegation unless he brings in some good players.

Fran - Fran's teams are usually a little inconsistent but last season a secure top 10 spot was achieved with some good results. With 1 or 2 good signings Fran could have a team to compete in Europe and achieve another top 10 finish.

Joe - Well, officially the worst manager in the clan! )only ahead of lee on points though) 3 sackings already and poor attendance of last sessions means Joe's Charlton are languishing in Div1 with a mid table finish last season. Joe will need to get his act together and bring in some good div 1 players or loan signings otherwise he will be stuck in Div 1 next year.

Joey - Sacked from Millwall after leading them to the UEFA cup 2 years ago, Joey is unempoyed awaiting appointment. It hasnt helped with him having major pc problems meaning he has missed the last 6/7 sessions. But when he comes back hopefully he can pick a new team and gain some more success.

Lee - The ups and downs of Lee's managerial career. I think he is at Bristol City now although this could change as i speak! Need to invest in some players before the season starts or like Joe will be languishing in Div 1 next year. I do have faith though that lee could haul himself into playoffs this year.

Mike - The sleeping giants of Liverpool had a long nap last year. A disappointing season for mike in the league, with heartache at the end as he lost in CL final to Newcastle (icon_biggrin.gif) Mike needs to get some results in the early start of the season otherwise the board will be on his back. No real need for new signings as his squad is worldclass. I think this though could be the season for Mike, and believe he will just edge Si to the title.

Phil - Another of the sleeping giants, although Arsenal's fortunes are more to do with the perlious position Phil found them in when he took over. With a load of signings last season and more during preseason Phil is amassing quite a squad and with the results at the end of last season as an indicator i can see Arsenal being in the top 4 this year.

Si - Supposedly my biggest challenger whilst i was at Newcastle, but never really came close icon_wink.gif. This year though with his biggest nemesis changing clubs i think Si can can nip in and improve on last years 3rd with a top 2 finish. A quality squad and great youth i think Si can also do well in the champions league, probably a semi final berth at least.

Stevey - The Dope-mister has been out of the game for a while now but had setup a squad that continued his form and win promotion to the Prem this season via the playoffs. Apart from 1 season with Hull Stevey has had constant success. And i think once he is back in the game he can organise his team to stop them coming straight back down. I do think though that missing these sessions could have cost Stevey a mid table position, instead he will fight against relegation.

Me - Well Norwich must have sold some serious Cakes and receipe's recently as the healthy bank balance i have got shows. Their final position last year of 15th seemed good considering some of the players at my disposal. With my usual vigour though i have offloaded all the rejects and brought in some quality to bolster the sqaud. 6 quality players in to join the likes of Huddlestone, Madakadahar (i know it aint spelt right) and Lahm we should achieve a safe mid table spot. With relegation being unthinkable and Europe being a nice surprise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike_Law:

What time would the game be up as im going out tonight? before 5.30 by any chance? oh and i'll do an end of season report as soon as i get some time off revision and when i get the info off the game. Did you get a session done last night? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should be home from work around 5ish.

Ill load game straight away for you mike and when your done ill go on hols til 7th August.

Archived