Official CMELClan Team Report thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

division two for my new team chesterfield probably but it should give me more time to sort my whole side out and hopefully i can this time. My 4 reports to come over this weekend. Have a good weekend all and see you next session monday usual times icon_smile.gif

Aston Villa fancy dress party was last night, all manager far and wide came and took part but the winner was Stevey who dressed up as a Carrot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

Aston Villa fancy dress party was last night, all manager far and wide came and took part but the winner was Stevey who dressed up as a Carrot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit early to be drinking Ant?!? icon_eek.gif

Aston Villa season results so far.....

(cl qualifyer)

Sparta Prague 1 - 0 Villa (1st leg)

(Things didn't look good for champions league future)

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Shef Utd

(Elcio Sent Off, good debut, good result stevey)

Hull 4 - 1 Aston Villa

Klaus only goal scorer, knew this season was going to be very tricky)

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Man City

(Ben Arfa2, finally a good performance.)

Aston Villa 4 - 0 Sparta Prague

(Kakalov,Lennon,Mendoza,Ben Arfa, very good performance, looked like my home form was the key to me this year.)

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Spurs

Leko, Kakalov, another home win, good game

Real Sociedad 3 - 1 Villa

(Ben Arfa, first game in champs league ever was a diaster

WBA 4 - 2 Aston Villa

(Mendoza,Milner) my player on loan at wba middleton scores the winner against me)

Newcastle 2 - 0 Villa

(Dreaded away form continued not bad performance, but raining champs too strong)

Blackburn 1 - 2 Villa

(Kakalov2) (at last an away win, 2 good goals from kakalov)

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Olympiakos

(Mendoza,Lennon) (a great performance and great first win in europe looking good now)

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Southampton

(Ben Arfa Kakalov) still unbeaten at home, home form the key this season, another good win putting villa up the league)

Middlesbrough 3 - 2 Aston Villa

(Ben Arfa, Billy Jones) Huth sent off, a very good game closest ive come to boro for a while jone's first goal for villa)

Aston Villa 4 - 0 Wisla (cl group C)

Mendoza, Watson, Milner, Arfa) very dominate performance looking good for getting through to 2nd round)

Blackpool 0 - 3 Aston Villa (league cup 3rd round)

(Mendoza, Downing, Morgan)

(Comfortable win, never really any challange from the div1 side.)

Villa 2 - 2 Chelsea

(Mendoza,Kakalov) (First slip up at home, a very competitive game, but with chelsea scoring a 88th minute goal annoying)

Wisla 3 - 3 Aston Villa

(Kakalov2, Mendoza) (dodgey game wisla kept pegging me back and in the end a draw seemed fair, not a very good performance, enjoyable game though)

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Norwich

(Kakalov) first home loss of the season to the ever improving Norwich under the guidance of Jimmy)

ASTON VILLA 2 - 1 Real Sociedad

(Huth, Arfa) Best and most important win whilst iv'e been in charge of villa, needed to win to go through!!)

Aston Villa 4 - 1 Man Utd

(Kakalov2,Mendoza, Ferdinand OG) Another brillaint win, looking good for another champs league place this season)

Aston Villa 3 - 0 Derby (league cup 4th)

(Ben Arfa, FWT, kakalov, good win putting me into the quarters of league cup)

Arsenal 2 - 2 Aston Villa

(Kakalov,Mendoza) not a bad result concidering Villa's very poor away from!)

Crewe 4 - 2 Villa

(Kakalov, Mendoza)

(a thrilling game against high flying crewe, crer 2-0 up, villa brang it back to 2-2 then crewe win 4-2 in last 10mins.)

Shef Utd 3-1 Villa

(Zabchi) (Villa strugling at the moment)

Villa 5 - 2 Burnley FA Cup 3

(Kakalov, Lennon2, Mendoza2)

(nice way to put villa into the 4th rounf of the FA Cup)

ASTON VILLA 2 - 0 SUNDERLAND

(Milner,Mendoza) in your face barnsey, a superb win for villa icon_biggrin.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike_Law:

yea im up for that. I wont be here on wednesday as im going to a mates house party. i've just got back form getting loads of drink!! icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Minnow, You'll learn at uni, Houseparty = free beericon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike_Law:

i didn't pay, i went to make sure he got beer that i liked, lol, im not stupid icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Free Beer is Nice Beer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

Aston Villa fancy dress party was last night, all manager far and wide came and took part but the winner was Stevey who dressed up as a Carrot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So thats what i was doing. I **** my pants when i awoke and found myself to be a carrot. Long live the man who makes Stella.

2009/2010 season ends mixed feelings for boro

a mixed season for boro, silverware came in the form of the league cup, a highest ever league placing also came (2nd) but a dissapointing defeat in the uefa cup final 5-2 against mike's liverpool put a dampner on ths season.

the reserves and u19s once again won their respective leagues, whilst contributing fully to the cup runs, players such as richardsn, owens, neil and michaelski will all be looking to push on next season as boro seek that elusive first title

away from boro,

well done to mike on the title and the uefa cup

well done to stevey for keeping sheff utd up

good season aida on clinching champions league place

ant always harder when you are in europe, expect more next season from you as you wont be in champions league

jimmy, norwich are a solid team, be harder next year without runrat and rose but uefa cup could be yours

phil, harsh season unlucky to go down after getting sacked, perhaps if you had got spurs relegated first arsenal wouldnt have sacked you

lee, divison 2 beckons and i actually believe you will win more than you lose this time

fran, hope your better soon, man city sacked you again though sorry

the rest well fairly respectable but next season will soon be here

predictions to follow

predictions

premier league

1st boro

2nd man utd

3rd liverpool

4th wba

uefa qualification

villa and crewe

champions league winners boro

uefa cup winners man utd

fa cup winners wba

league cup winners sheff utd

relegation from premiership

norwich

arsenal

cambridge

lee will make at least play offs in div 2 (if he uses loan players)

phil will get automatic promotion with spurs in div 1

joe will keep his job for another year

Norwich have record year

Norwich enjoyed their best ever season last year in only my first year in charge.

Some good loan signings and the likes of Huddlestone, Collin and Parker meant we pulled off some great results.

It was a very up and down season, as my last set of results showed.

Our next game was against title chasing Boro', we dominated the first half but went in 1-0 down at ht. Then were under the cosh in the second half , went 2-0 down but managed a late goal to make a good finish. This game disappointed me a lot, usually we play badly scrape a win grab a draw or lose. But this time we outplayed one of the top teams in the country first half and got nothing to show for it.

Next was Chelsea at home, and a resounding 4-0 win. Dominated the game and deserved the win.

Last 3 games of the season coming up we had high hopes of maybe sneaking into 6th or even 5th. Those hopes were soon dashed as we only managed a 1-1 draw away to bottom club coventry.

This was then followed up by two 3-2 home defeats by WBA and Man Utd. The first against WBA was similar to the boro game, we dominated the first half but found ourselves 2-0 down. Soon after the break it was 3-0. A superb fightback even though we were down to 10 men meant another exciting finish but it was not to be.

The final game against Man Utd was a close affair but their attacking skills won out with a late winner.

All in all a good season for Norwich but one cant help feel that manager James Cale may be missing mixing it with the big boys at the end of the season, but will he have the patience to wait for this young Norwich team to hit the big time? Or will the recent fax from Old Trafford about the vacant position convinve him of a new challenge.........

Last sunday sesssion

With everything about to go terribly wrong for Lee Owens and his bristol city side Lee Owens had to enjoy the time he had left at bristol while he could. Although he kept his job this session it wasnt until last tuesday session that i got sacked from them and took over the mighty Chesterfield. Here is how my games went in this session but believe me they wasnt that good. I had so many problems defensively that it was unbelievable. The first game was against strong opposition Cardiff City who were riding high at the time in division one. We managed to pull off a great win here. Final score 3-1 to us. Vernazza, Capi and Zwikker claiming the goals. A good start to this session but it didnt really continue.

Next was a trip to cambridges home ground where we fell to a 2-1 defeat with capi scoring a consolation goal. I was a close game but my team just wasnt good enough. I then had another suprise win after as my side beat Ipswich town away 3-2 in a hard fought out game. Capi, Richards and Zwikker scoring. Who was to know that they wasnt gonna win another game now for quite some time.

We then came to a shocker of a game where we went 2 up but the 2nd half we just fell apart which allowed opposition West ham to get 2 goals and equalise. Then my side had to face one of my old teams Wolves and lost 2-0 with not really many chances on goal.

Then came another defeat this time against stoke at home 2-1. Capi managing to score again but it just simply wasnt enough to help bristol manager's Lee Owens' managerial position.

The final game of this session finally approached and it was against fulham away. We managed to get a draw out of it with capi scoring again.

With the season not looking good for me at bristol and a sacking yet to come Lee Owens just had to try and do what he could to try and prevent him always being sacked icon_smile.gif. Next report to come......

Temptation too great for Norwich Boss

The lure of the former great Old Trafford club was too much for young James Cale as he handed in his resignation to Delia on a cool May Night.

Within a couple of days Manchester United announced the appointment of James Cale as manager of Man Utd.

Cale appointed Man Utd manager

A press conference was called this afternoon at old tarfford as expected to announce the appointment of James Cale as manager. Cale wasted no time in giving a frank assesment of the current situation at Old Trafford.

"Overpaid and under worked, this will ahve to change. A club like Man Utd shouldnt be happy with a top 4 finish and the lack of champions league competition this year just about sums up the slope that we find ourselves in. The age of the squad too is far too high and a considerable amount of time needs to be invested in youth developments something that years ago Man Utd were far superior to anyone else. Things have changed though. We are no longer a super club and are trying to catch up the likes of Newcastle, Liverpool and Boro'. New coaches will be brought in and players sold to create some transfer money as due to us not being in the champions league we obviously have to be cautious with our finances."

When asked what were his goals for the season cale said "We need to get into the Champions league places. Simple as that. Our no.1 goal is to get back into the no.1 club competition in the world. I dont care if we scrape in, waltz in, fluke it, deserve it, whatever a top 4 place is what we need"

Cale also added whom he sees as key players this year. "Rio at the back needs to perform this year, at 31 time is running out but he is still world class and will also captain the club. Our defence is a bit weak but we are looking at some new players to fill some gaps. D'Alessandro in midfield along with Van der Vaart will be key to our formation and of course the 3 strikers Reyes, Carigagano and Cristiano Ronaldo will hopefully be firing them in all season. With the players we have at the moment our aim will be if you score 3 we will score 4, if you score 4 we will score 5. It will be exciting, exhillerating and enjoyable. Stay tuned"

Last Mondays session

A new session hopefully a better set of results would come but unfourtunately they didnt. Read ahead....

First game of the night was a home game against bradford which ended 1-0 to bristol city. A good alround performance gave my side a win but this was to be one of Lee Owens' last victory as manager of bristol. Makongo coming on as a sub in this game and getting a valuable goal or what seemed to be valuable except it really didnt help bristols cause at all.

We then went to millwalls home ground and didnt put up much of fight. Ended up losing 2-0. With the team on very low morale more bad results were to come. After this game we basically had a repeat of millwalls game but this time against tottenham at their home ground. We lost 2-0 in another poorly played match.

Next game a result that was unexpected as we thrashed opponents Everton 4-1. I dont know where the sudden burst of team quality came from but it was very good. Shame this was Lee Owens last win for bristol city. With mista getting 2 he seemed to be getting back on track. Zwikker and richards grabbed the other 2. This result pleased manager Lee Owens and made him wonder why they couldnt produce these results more often.

Next came another defeat against blackpool 2-1. Although it appeared to be a close game it certainly wasnt and blackpool were all over bristol. We then travelled to rotherham and drew 2-2 with them with capi and vernezza scoring the goals for bristol. The sacking was getting nearer and nearer and was soon to come.

Next came a total thrashing from derby. We lost 6-1 but it could of been a lot more. This game was probably one of them that done it and as there was only a few more games for Lee Owens as bristol manager it was time for him to start clearing his office desk.

This next game was a very unlucky game for us as we lost 4-3 but did actually play a lot better than them. This was the end to an eventful session and the sacking was to come in the next report. Next report to come.....

Last Tuesday session

With the sacking 2 games away it was time to take a look at his bristol city players and say his last goodbyes to them. The next game near enough done it for Lee Owens as his side lost 7-0 to a very powerful Portsmouth side. Bristol city showed no resistance and played very poorly. This was no doubt there worst defeat of the season so far. Although it didnt really matter much the 7-0 defeat was still very dissappointing.

Then came the very final game for Lee Owens at bristol city. His side managed to get a 2-2 draw with lynch and capi scoring the last 2 goals for him. After this game came an ultimatum but he actually got sacked before he could play the next game so really there wasnt much point in the ultimatum. The news then spread about the sacking and his new job was relegation strugglers Chesterfield. He hoped he could achieve something decent with this team but then again you know what im like icon_smile.gif.

Out with the old in with the new

With Lee Owens now getting settled in at chesterfield and the board not expecting too much as they were already in relegation he thought it would be the ideal job for him. Firstly he assesed the squad and could see that there wasnt may decent players in the squad. The only players that i could class as decent were the strikers and the goalkeepers. Anyway with the first game to come it was time to get prepared.

The first game was a great one as chesterfield came out 4-0 victors in a superb display by the whole team. With rushbury getting a hat trick and left back hare scoring one things were already starting to look pretty good.

The next game chesterfield slumped to a 4-2 defeat and the game straight after. With both of the strikers smith and rushbury scoring in both.

Well that was the end of another session and with Lee Owens at yet another new job how would he do with them well find out here in the next report.....

Last wednesdays session

With only playing a couple of games with chesterfield last session he now sort of knew what his team were capable of. As he could currently see chesterfield relyed on their 2 strikers too much. First game of this session was against rotherham. We lost 3-1 but with the lack of quality in my team is was to be expected.

We then faced blackpool in a very close game which ended 3-2 to them. Both teams having about the same amount of chances but chesterfields players finishing let them down. We then lost 1-0 to derby in another close game and yet again my players finishing wasnt good enough.

Next came a victory against everton again but with a different club this time. A good clean sheet for teh keeper and a good team performance gave my boys 3 points. Then we was to travel to leicesters home ground for a dissappointing defeat. We lost 3-1 in a one sided game really with smith being the only scorer.

Next game approcahed and was against wolves again but with my new side. Again my team lost but this time only 1-0. This performance just rounded off chesterfields team and what they were currently capabale of.

We then came to yet another game and this time we won. Some kind of pattern seemed to be emerging here and it was starting to annoy me. We beat off opponents QPR 3-1 with thompson and smith grabbing the goals.

Then came the final 2 games of the session which both ended in 1-1 draws and smith scoring in both of them. With the team now starting to play a lot better since a few tactical changes things were looking up. Although we find ourselves in relegation still and going down that still didnt worry me as i felt if i could bring in the players i wanted to i could make something out of these. Anyway more to come soon in my next reports icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by commuter:

predictions

premier league

1st boro

2nd man utd

3rd liverpool

4th wba

uefa qualification

villa and crewe

champions league winners boro

uefa cup winners man utd

fa cup winners wba

league cup winners sheff utd

relegation from premiership

norwich

arsenal

cambridge

lee will make at least play offs in div 2 (if he uses loan players)

phil will get automatic promotion with spurs in div 1

joe will keep his job for another year <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After shocking last day scenes at White Hart Lane, I got relegated. Sad as it is, will hopefully be able to build a promotion winning side. After a handful of games in the first division and sitting roughly 8th. Things could be a little better. Signing lots of excellent loan players from Tory to Giddings, also a few permanent deals paid off. Collin, possibly one of the best keepers currently was signed for a cut price 1.5 million, after Jimmy took the Man Yoo job, Norwich have fallen to pieces. Marcos Torres, a firm fans favourite instantly, playing DM C seems to be playing very well, and also a couple of young english players, Marc Jackson and Lee Bell. The future is bright here at Tottenham, with the current financial state, excellent I am sure a premiership return could be sooner rather than later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

just to let all know season reviews of every season played so far in the clan should be up on the clan website later on aswell as some more pages hopefully done icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great stuff on the webby mate, it's fantastic! icon14.gif

just to let all of you know joe has now been kicked out of the clan and ali has returned to the clan to replace him. Also jai wallace another new member is joining replacing barnsey who left last week (who not many people got on with anyway icon_smile.gif). As soon as ali arrived he has already been telling me his ideas and has actually came up with a rather useful one. His idea is to use teamspeak. I bet you are all thinking what teamspeak is well here goes basically its similar to a mirc chatroom but very easy to connect. You connect using an IP (ALi's ip as the server is his for it). It is basically so instead of typing everything in the msn chatroom all the time you have a choice you can either keep on posting in the msn chatroom (which i expect all to do still), talk using a microphone and post on this teamspeak server or do both which i am hoping members will do. All members should always still be signed into the msn chatroom but can have the teamspeak client software running also. To get the software go to www.teamspeak.org and to obtain the server password, ip etc contact ali in a clan session. I feel this will give the clan a different and more realistic feel so will work well or should do.

Anyway just wanted you all to know that and when going on that website download the client software not server software icon_smile.gif and remember the msn chatroom will still be used as usual also for text chat. On another note jai is joining as everton tommorow (or today) and ali is joining as arsenal i think at the moment. See you all next session tonight (being wednesday)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

just to let all of you know joe has now been kicked out of the clan and ali has returned to the clan to replace him. Also jai wallace another new member is joining replacing barnsey who left last week (who not many people got on with anyway icon_smile.gif). As soon as ali arrived he has already been telling me his ideas and has actually came up with a rather useful one. His idea is to use teamspeak. I bet you are all thinking what teamspeak is well here goes basically its similar to a mirc chatroom but very easy to connect. You connect using an IP (ALi's ip as the server is his for it). It is basically so instead of typing everything in the msn chatroom all the time you have a choice you can either keep on posting in the msn chatroom (which i expect all to do still), talk using a microphone and post on this teamspeak server or do both which i am hoping members will do. All members should always still be signed into the msn chatroom but can have the teamspeak client software running also. To get the software go to http://www.teamspeak.org and to obtain the server password, ip etc contact ali in a clan session. I feel this will give the clan a different and more realistic feel so will work well or should do.

Anyway just wanted you all to know that and when going on that website download the client software not server software icon_smile.gif and remember the msn chatroom will still be used as usual also for text chat. On another note jai is joining as everton tommorow (or today) and ali is joining as arsenal i think at the moment. See you all next session tonight (being wednesday) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can enjoy the fruits of my labour, John Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

An odd session for my Tottenham side in last nights session. Possibly due to the fact that after the change of formation, I played it at home and away, and while winning away, I only managed a draw to a very good Millwall side.

I'm currently playing a 5-3-2 formation.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> <------Waigo Torry-----> </pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> / </pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> ^ Peinaar/ Rogers ^ </pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Giddings Torres Jackson</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> <--Chu King Mabiezla--> </pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Collin </pre>

Thats my side currently, and after a very poor start to his Tottenham carear, Papa Waigo is starting to do the magic.

United's quick start quickly forgotten

After 2 thumping wins to get off the league campaign United's title challenge has gone off the rails somewhat.

4-1 at home to Hull then a 3-1 away win against Birmingham were the bright spots but last game of the session a resounding 4-0 loss to Si's Boro completed a poor season for the Red Devils.

United have some major problems to overcome if they are to be successful. With Carignano out for a month and Renato (new 7m man) out for 2 months we are already looking light. These injuries have forced me to use 3 tactics in the last 5 games and obviously the consistency is not there and we are not performing.

Major signings in so far include Renato from Newcastle for 7m, Lenz a GK for 1.5m, Semedo for 3m and Santi Dominguez from Sunderland for free. A young Italian keeper, 2 young centre backs and a young left back named Barrett also came in to bolster the squad and are key to future success but we need our first teamers to stay fit for us to have any chance.

With Renato out it means we dont have a DMC at the mo and also only a young winger by the name of Rhodes on the right.

Without a doubt for us to do well this year we need Ferdinand to command the defence, D'Alessandro, Renato, Ronaldo and Carignano to stay fit. We also need to use the January transfer window well and obtain a backup DMC and a RB as well.

I think this season will be tough for the Red Devils, but if we can scrape into the Champions league then next year will be different.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

Whats up with this thread?? did it used to be this wide? Any chance mods can fix this??? thanks in advance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me = Minnow icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilipPeck:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

Whats up with this thread?? did it used to be this wide? Any chance mods can fix this??? thanks in advance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me = Minnow icon13.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All fixed icon_smile.gif

Chesterfield finally turned their bad form into good

After last seasons crap end to the season with some very poor results just after joining them i have now actually managed to pick them up well and have turned the teams losses that they were getting into wins in division two. More information to come on chesterfields progress in my reports that i will be posting over the new few coming days

Good session last night lads, especially as i was unbeaten for first one in a long time icon_biggrin.gif

Session had it all, new members, new chat system, Boro's dirty tricks, Arguments, shock results, human derby's, Boro's dirty tricks and transfer saga's.

9 games in total for the Red Devils, 4 wins and 5 draws inc a 5-1 last game of the session win. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived