1-1 draw

santi dominguez scored on his debut

home to cardif city

1-1 draw

scorer was again santi dominguez

home to coventry city

won 3-0

hat trick from santi dominguez

dominguez gets 1st div player of month for december 2010 with 5 goals in 3 games

Everton sign Rob Green from norwich for 85k

away to stoke city

won 4-2

dominguez with 2, johnson and carr with 1 each

home to derby (fa cup)

1-0 win

goal by santi dominguez......who is now club captian

Everton sign David Holzer for 450k from rostock

home to millwall

2-0 win

goals from gravesen and tom mills

away to ipswich town

lost 2-0 and we missed a pen

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

home to Wolverhamton Wanderers

lost 2-1

away to Cheltemham (fa cup)

won 1-0

home to Queens Park Rangers

won 4-0

home to Rotherham Utd

won 1-0

timsela scored

away to Rushden & Diamonds

lost 2-1

micheal carr scored

away Portsmouth

lost 1-0

away Portsmouth (fa cup)

1-1 draw

quansah scored the qualiser

James McMaster out for 5 months with ligament damage

home to Sunderland

won 3-2

goals from anton ferdinand, peter crouch and tom mills

away to Nottingham Forrest

lost 3-0

home to Portsmouth (fa cup)

lost 2-0

away to Barnsley

won 2-0

goals from mcfadden (2)

away to Crystal Palace

drew 1-1

goal by tom mills

home to Bolton Wanderers

won 2-0

goals from li tie and santi dominguez

away to Preston North End

0-0 draw

home to Tottenham Hotspur

lost 1-0

All in all not a bad couple of sessions. Everton are now 9th, just out of the play-off places, but with a fair few games left i am hopful of sneaking in and having a chance to join the big boys in the top flight.

Another season ended then and i heard my assistant ****ed it up in the playoff's. How did it go? and i dont know whats wrong with the clan website at the moment to be honest hopefully sort it soon

The website is now back up and working fine i dont know what was wrong with it. In a couple of days time it will be totally updated and all pages finished also a couple new ones added icon_smile.gif. Im posting this late because again i cant get any sleep

Bah Humbug, after taking Sundilund from 24th to finishing 6th in the same season, I was very impressed but, an away draw with Millwall away after a disconnection, a tense home game followed, I was losing 2-0 with 5 minutes left, and then scored twice to level it up. Then in extra time scored first, then got pegged back, then scored again, and pegged back once again. Then losing on the away goals rule. after totally dominating the game, I'm ****ed off. something like 27 shots to 11. Oh well, I have a few new recruits coming in next season, notably Rohan Ricketts, the Winger is enjoying a successful spell on loan at Malaga from Birmingham, so hopefully he will push Flemming for the left wing position. Unfortunately with missing a session earlier in the week through other commitments, I have lost the services of Milla, who will be signing on a Bosman for Chelsea.

Bugger.

A excellent run of form has kept us up for another season. Winning 4 games out of the last five ensured we finished in a rdcord 11th place. Id like to thank the fans who have once again shown there undoubted commitment to this club. Lets keep moving things forward and upwards.

Looking over the season its been quite intresting. Just before xmas i thought we were going down which would have hurt. Fair plays to the players who managed to turn it around when they needed too. To be honest i was starting to loose faith a bit but the grit and determination to stay up paid off.

Hopefully we will be bringing in more players in the coming season and even though it sounds like a long shot i think this year we could make europe if the right players come in and the board are willing to splash the cash.

Well done to Si for winning the Champions league. Well done Mike on winning another league title. Well done Lee on getting to the semi final of the cup and making the playoffs. And well done to Phil and Jai who laley gained promotion through the playoffs but were just pipped at the post. Best of for next season icon_smile.gif

And well done to everybody else on another great season in the CMELC.

Europe conquered next stop the premiership

Finally after several seasons of nurturing young players, rewards are coming the way of mighty Boro.

After what was hoped would be a transition season having ditched star players like milito and albrechtsen and deciding to use the talented juniors in the hope of next season challenging for the title, i can only look back at a fantastic season for boro.

finishing 2nd in the premierleague again (well done mike) even with braathen being out for the whole of the second half of the season was a great feat in itself, but to win the champions league after at on stage seeming unlikely to get past the group stage was unbelievable.

the youngsters at the club have developed to such a degree that wonderkid richardson, owen, osbourne, (and the keeper) have all been involved in several full england squads this season, whilst held and rose are setting the german national team alight. indeed such has been the progression at the club of the younsgteres, that 9 youth team products are now vying for regular first team football. icon_biggrin.gif

the combination of blake and held in the centre of the defence is prooving to be one of the most succesfull in the league, all the more amazing when they hate each other icon_frown.gif

outside of boro, unlucky to lee, jai and phil who all had good seasons only to lose out at the end, and ant what a shame villa didnt sack you, you being stuck there now after trying to cripple them

Originally posted by commuter:

predictions

premier league

1st boro

2nd man utd

3rd liverpool

4th wba

uefa qualification

villa and crewe

champions league winners boro

uefa cup winners man utd

fa cup winners wba

league cup winners sheff utd

relegation from premiership

norwich

arsenal

cambridge

lee will make at least play offs in div 2 (if he uses loan players)

phil will get automatic promotion with spurs in div 1

so these were the predicitons for last year, not too bad on the league with 3 of the top 4 teams just wrong order icon_frown.gif, but succesfull nominations for champions leaue and uefa cup

relegation did go to norwich after jimmy dumped them, and cambridge (i think) and lee made the play offs, so mystic murphy wasn't too far away on the whole

now let me cast my eyes over the coming season icon_rolleyes.gif

aida :- wba 2 great seasons in a row for aida, he will make it 3 although with mercury rising i feel that the successfull run in the champions league to the knockout stages will lead to 4th place in the premiership

jai :- saturn is in the ascent which spells good news for the toffeemen, early season success will be hit as mounting debts force the sale of star players, a good cup run in the fa cup coupled with automatic promotion will lead on to tranquil waters on the mersey

ant:- villa - mars is reborn and will lead to a change of scenery at villa, crowds of people and influential powers will force the sacking of this novice manager, who will fall into nationwide league management before returning afresh

lee- chesterfield- the moon and sun are in harmony over this club with stability established they will at least mirror what was achieved in the last season and will retain there manager for another full season, with the return of poor cup runs, promotion may be achieved

ali-arsenal- neptune is spent as this once giant of the game continues to fight with mid table obscurity, a squad lacking in quality cover will beat even the most mighty on its day (ie boro) but will have to be happy with uefa qualification

jimmy-utd- reawakening the spirit of the goddess, utd will again conquer in the uefa and will achieve champions league qualification, but the season will be tempered by not sustaining a challenge for the title

phil-mackems- the gods are cruel,the mackems will achieve promotion in a closely run title race with everton

stevey- sheff utd- uranus is passing behind mercury (or behind steveys hemp cloud)which means utd will struggle before exceeding expectations, early relegation worries will be dismissed to leave top half finish and success in the league cup

mike-liverpool- sunset ha passed and pluto is ebtering the charts, liverpool will not win the league title, but some silverware will return to anfield in the form of the fa cup, 2nd place in the league will have to suffice

me- middlesbrough- the gods are kind to this mighty team and premiership glory awaits, super cup and champions league glory will also promise a succesfull glorious era is awakening in gods own realm-the peoples republic of teesside will conquer

fran and joey hope to see you both back soon, hope all ok fran and joey get the pc sorted, been nearly 2 seasons now

as for relegation from the premiership, well the ravens are swooping for villa, blackburn and derby(or cambridge whichever one didnt go down last season)

the god s have spoken and so it shall be let mortals tremble and wither who protest

icon_razz.gif

European Glory Papers over League Cracks

Despite a record low finish of 6th in the league for Man Utd, we did manage to win what has come to be known this year as the toughest trophy of the lot icon_wink.gif

Our great performances in our last 12 odd league games could not lift us any higher as we looked back at all the draws we got as our downfall. Injuries and lack of squad depth meant our early season was a struggle and we could never catch up. Our final record of P38 W16 D15 L7 showed that those early season draws left us a huge challenge.

The winning of the UEFA cup did help though and kept the Wolves from the door. Hopefully it has given me enough time to build a better squad and get a top 4 finish this year. But with so many quality sides in the league we need to keep our form throughout the season, not just the final third.

New Season Beckons

Despite an end of year profit of over 10m the Old Trafford board decided to give me a transfer budget of 3.9m. With some wheeling dealing i have managed to bulk up the squad and get rid of the dead wood too.

Transfers In :

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 7.6.2011 | Ko Myung-Jin | Anyang | £900K |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 19.6.2011 | Chapman, Matt | Kettering | £110K |

| 19.6.2011 | Curtis, Lee | Shrewsbury | £120K |

| 19.6.2011 | Beech, Lee | Macclesfield | £140K |

| 1.7.2011 | Carranza, Daniel | Liverpool | £1.8M |

| 1.7.2011 | Diogo | Hull | Free |

| 2.7.2011 | Aguilera, Alejandro| Celta | Free |

| 5.7.2011 | Turner, Neil | Stevenage | £100K |

| 6.7.2011 | Brooks, John | Watford | £200K |

| 7.7.2011 | Hofmann, Sascha | Schalke 04 | £0 - P/Ex |

| 8.7.2011 | McKenzie, Simon | Hull | £325K |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £3.7M |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

Transfers Out :

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| 7.6.2011 | Sonko, Ibrahima | Crewe | £1.1M |

| 7.6.2011 | Adams, Mike | Free Transfer | Free |

| 7.6.2011 | Baker, Paul | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2011 | Weatherson, Peter | Everton | Free |

| 7.7.2011 | Lenz, Manuel | Schalke 04 | £2M - P/Ex |

| 7.7.2011 | Silvestre, Mikaël | Tottenham | £2M |

| 31.7.2011 | Curtis, Lee | Free Transfer | Free |

| 31.7.2011 | Beech, Lee | Free Transfer | Free |

| 11.8.2011 | Gérson | Chelsea | £2.1M |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £7.25M |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

I feel Aguilera (A World Class Right Back) and Carranza (World Class Striker) will make the biggest impacts, with Diogo and Ko Mjung-Jin adding squad depth. The rest of the players coming in are all U19 players will a bright future ahead of them.

Our squad is ready apart from one more piece of the jigsaw that is under negotiations. Once completed i believe i have 2 first class teams within the squad and so expect a challenge this year as we aim to bring down the current reign of Liverpool and also leap frog the nearly boys Boro.

As for predictions, this year

1. Man Utd

2. Boro

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

See you all Monday

Cymru Am Byth!

Baggies Still Boinging

Yet another season has passed, and yet again the Baggies have failed to sustain a real title challenge, even though we managed to finish in a respectable 3rd place for the second season runnning. In the 5 seasons WBA have been in the premiership, they have only failed to finish in the top 3 twice. Even though the Baggies boss is unhappy at being unable to have produced a title challenge this season, the board and suppoorters are delighted with what the club has achieved over the past 5 years, and can only see the club getting stronger in the future.

Hopefully the forthcoming season will see the baggies provide a 'real' challenge for the premiership title, although the Champions League may be a burden rather than a reward where the league is concerned.

My predictions:

1st - Si - Boro

2nd - Me - WBA

3rd - Mike - L'pool

Its time for Si to conquer the premiership and for me to start and improve on the 3rd place positioning.

Boing Boing. icon_smile.gif

With only a monday session next week, what are people's thoughts on an extra session next weekend?

Im back Friday night and after 3 days of a free bar im not gonna be going anyway for sometime so im available friday, Sat and Sun night.

So leave a response here whether you can do the friday, sat or sun (18th, 19th and 20th June) and we can see if we can organise some extra sessions.

No doubt we can discuss it Mon in the session but wanted to get opinion nice and early.

Well a poor run of results at the end of the season ment division 1 football again for the blues after an 8th place finish. With this in mind i decided to stregthen the side with a few new signings.

Players coming in -

Austrian goalkeeper Robert Almer for 1mill from Liverpool.

Mark Goodman from Liverpool on a free transfer after a succesful loan spell at the end of last season.Center Forward.

Emanuel Serge Atangana from Auxerre on a free transfer.Center Back.

Micheal Baker from Midlesborough for 100k. left/center defender, hot prospect for the future.

Sebastien Nicollin from Marseille for 375k. Center Back.

Steve Perry from Rotherham for 525k. attacking midfielder left/right/center.

Jani Kinnunen for free. left/center back.

Paulo Sergio from Blackpool for free.left/right winger.

Jamie Smith from Stoke City for 95k.left/right winger.

My hopes are for at least a play-off place next season and hopfuly promotion to the premiership. I will have to trim the wage bill and keep hold of the players who will be able to send the side in the right direction, but i am very optimistic for the coming season. icon_biggrin.gif

Cant believe the england result it was poor as ****. We had the game wrapped up and then went and ****ed it up in the last minutes of the game icon_frown.gif. Next session tonight all usual times see you all in chatroom then icon_smile.gif last week reports to come.....

Chesterfield in a good position as yet another season comes to a close

With chesterfield managing to finish 4th in division two and get into the playoff's they were hoping to make an instant return to division one with their new manager Lee Owens experiencing his first full season with them. Unfourtunately chesterfield didnt win the playoff's and got knocked out in the semi finals. Although the chesterfield assistant had to play all the playoff games the outcome probably wouldnt of been different if i had of been here to play them.

A little dissappointed i was but i sort of expected it to happen as my side wasnt as good as usual come the last few games of the season.

So here it is another season in division two with my chesterfield side. After last seasons good finishing position Lee had a lot of confidence in his side and believes they can come up this season as long as their good form stays with them for most of the season.

With no current signings announced for the new season to bring into the chesterfield team its basically gonna be near enough the same as last seasons team. With some of the old players hanging up their boots this season and some being released chesterfields very high wage budget should also be sorted so it should all be fine.

With last mondays session being one of the biggest sessions yet with 15 games being played in it there was a lot to report on. Here is how all the results in that session went.

First game of a very large session was at home against stoke. As usual the session got off to a very good start with us winning 2-0 and smith getting both of the goals.

Next we had to face hard brentford away. We lost miserably 4-1 with little effort shown from the players. Rushbury being the only scorer in a game which was a little bit of a letdown.

We then had to face leeds. Because we lost against them earlier in this season we had to prove that we could beat them. We did just that winning 3-0 with nhlabatsi, higgins and smith all scoring.

Next was an absolutely appauling game as we dominated it for the whole 90 minutes. They didnt even have a shot at all and we had 16 shots and the final score ended 1-1. An own goal from one of our defenders ruined another game that we should of won.

It then got a little worse as we lost 1-0 to grimsby away in a boring game. Not many chances grimsby just got the better of us.

After the results of the past few games chesterfield needed one of those games that would give the whole team a boost. We got a lifeline against bournemouth as we beat them 3-1 rushbury, ellis and smith scoring.

Then came another win this time against doncaster at home 2-1. Higgins and smith scoring the goals in a good performance.

Next came the fa cup 5th round. It ended 0-0 in a game that we should of won which gave us a replay.

We now had another repeat of the brighton game near enough (in other words one that we should of won). We had 13 shots and they only had 2 and still came out the winners. With a chesterfield goal being disallowed and a penalty being missed it seemed as if it didnt want us to win this game at all. Very bad luck it was.

We now had to play oxford twice as one was the replay against them and this was a league game against them. We managed to draw this one 2-2 away in another close game.

We now had the fa cup 5th round replay to play and hopefully win which we did 2-1 but only just it wasnt as easy as it looks. With oxford looking like one of those teams that you love to hate they are sure to give us some problems this new season.

We now had lincoln to face and beat them 2-0 in another clean sheet game. Some good chances in this game for chesterfield and they were on fire.

Next was the fa cup 6th round against millwall away we won 4-2 which seen us go into the quarter finals of the fa cup.

We now had to face leeds again and won 3-1 with rushbury getting a hat trick. Although leeds got one goal chesterfield were just too good for them or rushbury was.

Last game of a massive session now and it was against swindon. We lost 2-1 and was just floating outside the playoff zone at this point in time.

Thats all for now. Another report to come showing the final league games of the season.......soon

Good Start Spoilt by 2 late defeats

After a good start that took us to the top of the table we kinda lost our way and suffered 2 embarassing losses. The first away to Cambridge and then a drubbing at home by Si and his looney icon_wink.gif

Hopefully we will bounch back and try to get back to the kind of form that saw us beat Chelsea 3-1, Arsenal 3-1 and outplay champions Liverpool only to be denied a win by a late goal.

There was a flurry of transfer activity before the deadline as well, out went Figureido for 3.5m and Reyes went as well for 13m to Southampton :O

This money enabled us to bring in Huddlestone for 7m and also get wonderkid Bull from Norwich for 3m in Jan and his team mate Jones for 500k. Both young strikers, Bull especially is going to be a worldclass striker.

So i feel we have the team to mount a serious Title challenge this year. Our recent losses though show we have a long way to go before i would class us up with the best. Time will tell how we do, but with some money in the bank purchasing a GK will be top priority in Jan. As for my first team, the top 2 keepers at the start of the season are playing poorly. Defence though is strong, Aguilera (no relation to christina) Huddlestone, Arroz and Bertelsen are performing and with strength in depth at the back we should do ok. In mid Robben is off colour after a great start, but Van Der Vaart is on fire in the middle of the park. On the right Ko Mjung-Jin is playing well, but should be replaced by Ronaldo when Carignano our striker is fit again and Ronaldo will make way for him up front. But upfront is where we have succeeded most this year. Ronaldo and Carranza (bargain buy from Liverpool) have been on great form. 12 goals in the league between them in 8 games.

Hopefully those last 2 defeats were only a slight blip in our form and we can try and pose a threat to favourites Boro who, with all their main opposition managers resigning through lack of competition and their controversial looney player, should be clear favourites to walk away with their first title.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

_Good Start Spoilt by 2 late defeats_

After a good start that took us to the top of the table we kinda lost our way and suffered 2 embarassing losses. The first away to Cambridge and then a drubbing at home by Si and his looney icon_wink.gif

we can try and pose a threat to favourites Boro who, with all their main opposition managers resigning through lack of competition and their controversial looney player, should be clear favourites to walk away with their first title. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well jimmy i know its no looney but there again i expect these comments from someone who uses the lovechild of diablo as their tactic, with the team you have i expect a challenge, but you know and i know that the quality at boro should win the title this season (as looney and all i havent won it before have i(must be a damn good tactic i use as it has only ever won a couple of cups))

anyway enjoy the free booze through work and hope to see you monday after england stuff teh all blacks (well i can hope)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by commuter:

Originally posted by Shagwell:

_Good Start Spoilt by 2 late defeats_

we can try and pose a threat to favourites Boro who, with all their main opposition managers resigning through lack of competition and their controversial looney player, should be clear favourites to walk away with their first title. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well jimmy i know its no looney but there again i expect these comments from someone who uses the lovechild of diablo as their tactic[\QUOTE]

Cheaters always seem to try and shift the blame i find.

But never mind i mean if your not man enough to admit you use looney AND try and say my tactic is anything like diablo then thats up to you, you are a smaller man than i thought.

Oh and also if you do want to discuss my views on this subject contact me on msn and dont spend an hour slagging me off to other members of the clan.

Apart from that had a great 3 days of a Free bar icon_biggrin.gif Free food icon_biggrin.gif but alas due to it being an IT convention, no women. Well fit ones anyway.

Just to let everyone know i wont be in mondays session due to me going to the pub to watch the england game with a couple of mates. However session will still go ahead as im aware so all meet in chatroom as usual icon_smile.gif. Also stevey have a nice time in norwich

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike_Law:

na, i don't think so jimmy. Pitty we you never get to see wales play in a major tornerment. Please stop taking the **** out of the english jimmy, when you know we're better than wales at most sports. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but not spelling.

Dont get narky Mikey!! I know nerves must be getting to you especially after what happened against Romania last time icon_biggrin.gif

Archived