Official CMELClan Team Report thread

An average couple of sessions puts plymouth in a decent league position

After getting sacked from chesterfield at the end of last season and just managing to keep plymouth in the second division by winning their last game which was my first manager Lee Owens knew that he had to do something very special this coming season to avoid the drop again. I managed to scout the leagues for players and claimed a few decent ones the main one being eddie johnson who was 27 years of age. I hoped this eddie johnson would bring a lot of experience to the side and strengthen my side where it needed to be strengthened. Luckily the eddie johnson buy paid off very well and within a couple of games into the new season he was hitting goals in from all over the place. The first game of tuesday session was against blackpool. We drew 1-1 which seemed very fair as it was an even game. We then had to face ipswich and we came out 3-0 victors and didnt give them a chance at all with eddie johnson scoring 2 of the goals.

Then we was to face oxford. We managed to beat them 2-1 and just about keep that lead as they gave us some pressure. Then came the first loss of this session as we went down 2-1 to stockport and couldnt claw our way back to even salvage one point. Then came a 2-2 draw against york with the johnson boys both grabbing the goals.

We then had to play sheffield wednesday at our home grounf which gave our supporters more to cheer about as we won 2-1 with eddie johnson scoring both goals yet again. Then came a great result against leeds away as we beat them 2-1. Although leeds were bottom at this precise moment they still put up a good fight and very nearly took the 3 points away from us.

Then came a little bit of a slump as we got beat 1-0 by bristol city in a game in which we outplayed them they just got lucky. We then had another loss against wigan away 2-1 in another unlucky game as we still played quite well and to end the session we drew 1-1 against boston in the league cup but went out on penalties as the curse continued. So a great session it started out to be but ended rather bad. The question is will plymouth be able to move back up the table and hopefully secure a promotion place or will they keep falling down it? find out soon.........next report to come

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another pretty decent session moves plymouth into 8th

After the disappointing end to last session Lee Owens' plymouth side were looking to redeem themselves and get back on track by winning some games again. Although a few hard fixtures were coming up it was easily achievable. With most of the players fit plymouths side was near enough at its strongest during this session. The first game of the session kicked off an it was against leicester. It ended 1-0 in my teams favour as eddie johnson grabbed the only goal.

Then was a trip to tranmeres home ground. We didnt think we was going to win this one as we tend to lack a lot of things away from our home ground. But to my suprise we managed to pull off a great 2-1 victory.

After the great session start i was hoping it would continue hopefully for the rest of the session. That didnt happen but we still won this one 1-0.

Next was a game against my old club which ended in a disaster. Up to this point my side was a clean side but this game seen my team get their first red card of the season so far and it had to be against my old club. With the players determined to win it we didnt but we drew 1-1 which is fair considering my team was down to 10 men for half of the game and injuries struck also.

We now had to play in the vans trophy. Being a cup that i didnt really care much about at all i fielded a 2nd rate team and we lost 1-0 to opposition leyton orient. This loss didnt bother me at all as i wanted it although it did start plymouths bit of bad form again towards the end of this session.

Now back to the league and we had morecambe this time. We won 2-0 which was to be our last win of this session as the end of session slump happened again.

Then came our worst game of the season as we lost 4-0 to swansea away. They didnt exactly play good just my side played very poor. We had our shots and infact had more than them but with their keeper on great form there was no way through.

Next came a loss against lincoln 1-0 in a poorly played out game. This was the continue of our downfall and i wasnt pleased.

Then came the cup game which we did want to do well in. We won 2-0 in a domination of a game. Although it was against stalybridge we still enjoyed it and after the recent results we needed something to lift all my players morales.

Last game of the session and it was against high flying bristol rovers. We lost 2-1 but didnt play poorly. Infact we played real good just they were better.

With us currently lying in 8th place in the 2nd division things are looking good but with the recent end of session bad form we been getting that could cost us badly. So who knows what will happen till next time thats it.

leeds takeover nering completion

rumours abound that boro boss simon murphy is in the running to take over leeds as a nursery team for his dominant boro team, a fee rumoured to be 20m and the transfer of leeds talented keeper healy (plus 2 further free signings of any player of murphys choice within the next 5 seasons from whatever team stevey is managing) appear to have enabled the west yorkshire team to come out of administration for the first time in a decade

Wonderful Form For The Dominant City

After coming into the session on the back of an undeserved loss to Leyton Orient, I had ot act quickly. An exquisit 4-0 away victory at Watford with McGregor in supreme form, then a tricky away day at Fulham and another impressive victory, 3-0 with Guthrie the man of the match.

A Single goal against Notts Co. from McGregor from the penalty spot a much deserved win, but it seemed as though it would never come. A further two 1-0 victories followed. Then a further 1-0 home victory in the FA Cup 2nd Round versus the third division Port Vale.

Three tricky games followed, a home tie to Stockport, winning 2-1, although McGregor was outstanding it was a very shakey result. A terrific away day in the wonderful city of York with Isaac Promise hitting one in from the Penalty spot.

Finally a Sheffield Wednesday side came to Ashton Gate, after letting in a goal after just one minute, we solidified and started to take control of the tie. Moses Ashikodi having his best game for the club, scoring two wonderful goals.

I'm currently sitting pretty on the top of the league:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Played 24 Won 19 Drawn 2 Lost 3 Scored 44 Condeded 12 Points 59 </pre>

I'm 13 points clear of second and a futher 4 points behind third. Come one Bristol City. After quite a few signings in the Summer, i'm a little over wage budget but my finances are in decent order, so promotion this season will result in me not getting sacked.

On a tactical note, it appears that my tactic is working quite well with the three midfielders that i'm currently have in Guthrie, MgGregor and Laehitie.

Well after giving Sheffield United the best part of three years of my life they just sack me and throw me out in the gutter. Fair does i had missed a big part of the season and my assistant let me down big time. The only time in my CMELC career were i had 17 million to spend and i never got to spend a penny. Well good luck United, its going to be fun watching another one of my clubs never fill its full potential without me..

So im now in charge of the worst financial mess in football, Leeds. The club has been through the mill. A outstanding loan of £79 million and a debt of £13 million has crippled this club and they were languishing around the bottom of division 2. Many people said i was crazy to take over Leeds and i can see there points but someone has to do the dirty jobs.

Taking full control of the club with 19 games played we were around 19th and looking like we were going down but ive put a stop to that. Unable to really compete in the transfer market due to administration its more a case of work with what ive got and get them playing football, which i have icon_smile.gif We did manage to bring in a new keeper who would potentially propel the club in the right direction. Another two players came on loan, paul parker a strong left fast winger from Oxford reserves and Ciarian Ward another player ive had my eye on. Hes a very strong forward with pace and hes been a instant hit.

So haven plugged a few holes in the squad it was time to get the bulldog spirit installed. I took the lads out on a boot camp weekend to let them experience the worse and realise how privileged they are to be footballers. Its about time some off these players grew a pair of bollecks and started fighting for what was once a super club. The camp and hard trainning looked like it had paid off as we started to play some good football and put a string of wins together which saw us shoot up to 12th in the league only 3 points off the playoffs.

Then a total shock was on the cards next. A offer from Simon from Middlesbrough. A deal was agreed which will see my new keeper Healy head off to Teeside for £17 million upfront and £3 million over one month. The twist to the deal is that Si will be able to take any 2 of my future starts over the next five seasons for free. It is a super deal for Leeds as it eases the strins at the club and should get us out of the red and only owing a loan. At first i was a little unsure with the deal but to be honest in this kind of situation i have no option, its all down to the administrators icon_wink.gif

So the turn around at Leeds is on. People may think this is crazy talk but we are going in the right direction and playoffs this season is the aim.

Watch ya backs cause Leeds are here

Aston Villa have decided to part company with me after to honest a lame start to the season, whilst for the past 2 season i had been struggling hovering around 10th place, and in the end the board got fed up and planted stevey's gear on me & rang the cops icon_biggrin.gif

After a 5 great years at Villa it finally came to a devastating end, the only option was to take over Chesterfield a club struggling in Division 2 in 20th place. Trying to takeover from where Lee left off.

First Game was against Aldershot in some cup, needed to get to know the players first find out where to play them so a lot of changing a tweaking in this game anyway i blew it by losing 4-0 by now i think i had a rough idea of where every fitted in, with my star player "Swarzi" (dont no full name, just a nickname Lee gave him)

2nd and last game of the session was against a team believe it or not forget which team but managed to pull of the win, First win in 7 games for Chesterfield, "Swarzi" scoring the goal.

Lokking forward to the session tonight,

and up the CHESTERFIELD!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

I think Si has a good deal there, 2 players for free in future could work out well.

But the most important question is whether Boro can close the 9pt gap Man Utd have opened up on them after only 17 games icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

9point gap is large for this early stage, especially as i only dropped 2 points in last session, next 5 games will decide it, 4 of them away, if still in touch after then, then title race is on, if not then title is yours and champions league will have to do for boro

Aida Moves On

After 8/9 seasons with W.B.A, and 7/8 seasons in the premiership Aida has finally decided to depart from his beloved Albion team as he feels that he needs a new challenege to fulfill his management potential.

After taking over W.B.A when they were a mid-table side, Aida got them promoted in his first season and has managed to cement the Baggies premiership status, even managing to finish in the top 3 for many seasons. Aida also got the Baggies into European competitions, which the board and fans never expected when Aida was first appointed as their manager. An insider of the club has said that one of the main reasons that Aida has left is the fact that he has never managed to get some silverware in the trophy cupboard, which was always Aida's main target.

Aida was also quoted by a reporter outside the Hawthorn's as saying "I have a great career here at West Brom and i have tried my best, but i now believe that i have taken this club as far as i can, and if the club are to go to the next level a new manager is needed."

The challenge Aida has opted for lies in Division 2, with Sheffield Wednesday, they are hovering around the relegation zone, so no doubt Aida's first challenge is to avoid the drop into the 3rd division.

Division Two is the new Premiership

It's official, with Stevey, Lee, Ant, Aida and myself all there it's a bigger challenge than the stinking Premiership.

After a mediocre session I finally got my man, Cairen Ward will be joining me, in hindsight it would have been better to sign him earlier, but I didn't know how good he was. His performances for Stevey have been nothing short of world class. With an average rating of around 8.4, netting 9 goals and 5 man of the match awards in 17 games, he certainly looks the part.

Division two is the place to be and no doubt i will always be there or in a lower division oh well icon_frown.gif. On a good note recent performances by Lee Owens' plymouth have shown that plymouth still have the quality to go up but its gonna be a very hard task. With a new formation for the boys they are having to adjust to it very quick and i think they just about have. Reports to follow over the next couple of days icon_smile.gif. Time for me to get some sleep i cant believe i am posting this late. This is what i call commitment.

Well the turn around at Leeds is in full swing. Half way through the season it looked like Leeds were heading into the third division but a new believe imposed on the players has seen them shoot up to 2nd. 2nd place would be a dream but theres still a mountain to climb and we cant exhaust ourselves near the top.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

_Progress Report_

Gap is now 14pts after 23 games icon_biggrin.gif

Although you do have a game in hand. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

all i can say, jimmy is well done, the long winning run you went on has destroyed the title race, boro only lost 1 game in 3 sessions and dropped further back, unless your whole defence gets wiped out for the rest of the season, i reckon the title is sewn up, just hope the cup went boro's way tonight

cya all monday and its a shame so many managers have shown themselves unable to cut it in the premiership, reckon div 2 is too low for most of you except maybe lee icon_razz.gif

reckon all will be back in premiership inside 3 seasons (hopefully stevey will be there with some great players for me to pick from icon_biggrin.gif)

Man Utd Surely to be crowned Premiership

Champions?

After a 25 game unbeaten run it seems Man Utd will capture the title soon enough and dethrone Si's Middlesborough as the top team.

No one has really come close to United this season as 3 years of hard graft to get this sleeping giant back to the top have paid off.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Middlesbrough

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Man Utd | | 32 | 26 | 4 | 2 | 102 | 30 | +72 | 82 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Arsenal | | 31 | 18 | 8 | 5 | 49 | 32 | +17 | 62 |

| 3rd | | Newcastle | | 32 | 19 | 4 | 9 | 57 | 38 | +19 | 61 |

| 4th | | Middlesbrough | | 32 | 16 | 10 | 6 | 88 | 47 | +41 | 58 |

| 5th | | Liverpool | | 32 | 16 | 10 | 6 | 53 | 32 | +21 | 58 |

| 6th | | Tottenham | | 31 | 15 | 6 | 10 | 42 | 30 | +12 | 51 |

| 7th | | W.B.A. | | 31 | 13 | 9 | 9 | 37 | 35 | +2 | 48 |

| 8th | | Man City | | 32 | 14 | 5 | 13 | 40 | 34 | +6 | 47 |

| 9th | | Aston Villa | | 32 | 13 | 7 | 12 | 42 | 44 | -2 | 46 |

| 10th | | West Ham | | 32 | 11 | 11 | 10 | 56 | 57 | -1 | 44 |

| 11th | | Chelsea | | 32 | 13 | 3 | 16 | 43 | 50 | -7 | 42 |

| 12th | | Crewe | | 32 | 8 | 14 | 10 | 38 | 42 | -4 | 38 |

| 13th | | Southampton | | 32 | 9 | 8 | 15 | 45 | 55 | -10 | 35 |

| 14th | | Birmingham | | 32 | 7 | 12 | 13 | 33 | 43 | -10 | 33 |

| 15th | | Sunderland | | 31 | 8 | 9 | 14 | 38 | 53 | -15 | 33 |

| 16th | | Portsmouth | | 32 | 8 | 7 | 17 | 28 | 44 | -16 | 31 |

| 17th | | Cambridge | | 32 | 9 | 4 | 19 | 41 | 62 | -21 | 31 |

| 18th | | Burnley | | 32 | 7 | 8 | 17 | 41 | 65 | -24 | 29 |

| 19th | | Blackburn | | 32 | 7 | 8 | 17 | 37 | 68 | -31 | 29 |

| 20th | | Hull | | 32 | 4 | 7 | 21 | 27 | 76 | -49 | 19 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Great last couple of sessions for United

Some great performances this year by a Man Utd team that is storming towards the title. A 2 game blip ended the 25 game unbeaten Prem run and also got us knocked out of the FA Cup by Si's Boro. But the title will be ours and we will have a chance to gain revenge for the FA Cup defeat at Boro as we play them in the Champions League Q/F's.

Oskarsson has been superb, netting over 30 goals so far, Collin in goal has been a rock, Holmes the wonderkid in defence has come of age, Martin our DMC has taken Renato's place, Ronaldo is class, Dyer in MC has ousted Carlos Alberto, Diogo and Van Der Vaart and is only 19, whilst Toledo has added extra class this year. Henderson as well upfront, only 19 but played most of the middle part of season netting goals and getting mom, only let down was his recent form meaning Bull and Carranza getting another chance. Infact we have too many strikers! Oskarsson, Henderson, Bull, Gray, Carranza AND Cerci. Some will have to go in the summer as i cant keep them all happy.

So with the Prem basically won now it is all focused on the CL and dethroning Boro completely icon_biggrin.gif

Forgot Results icon_rolleyes.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 17.11.2012 | 15:00 | A | Sunderland | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 24.11.2012 | 15:00 | H | Man City | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Tue, 27.11.2012 | 19:45 | A | Dortmund | Champions Cup Grp G | | 1 : 3 |

| Sat, 1.12.2012 | 15:00 | A | Birmingham | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 5.12.2012 | 19:45 | A | Stoke | League Cup 4th Rnd | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 12.12.2012 | 19:45 | H | Besiktas | Champions Cup Grp G | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 15.12.2012 | 15:00 | H | Burnley | Premier Division | | 7 : 0 |

| Wed, 19.12.2012 | 19:45 | H | Aston Villa | League Cup Qtr Final | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 22.12.2012 | 15:00 | A | Southampton | Premier Division | | 4 : 2 |

| Wed, 26.12.2012 | 15:00 | H | Crewe | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 29.12.2012 | 15:00 | A | Cambridge | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Tue, 1.1.2013 | 19:30 | A | W.B.A. | Premier Division | | 7 : 0 |

| Sat, 5.1.2013 | 15:00 | H | Southampton | FA Cup 3rd Rnd | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 12.1.2013 | 15:00 | H | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Wed, 16.1.2013 | 19:30 | A | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 19.1.2013 | 15:00 | H | Hull | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 26.1.2013 | 15:00 | A | Gravesend | FA Cup 4th Rnd | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 2.2.2013 | 15:00 | H | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 6.2.2013 | 19:30 | A | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 9.2.2013 | 15:00 | H | Portsmouth | Premier Division | | 4 : 2 |

| Sat, 16.2.2013 | 15:00 | A | Middlesbrough | FA Cup 5th Rnd | | 0 : 1 |

| Wed, 20.2.2013 | 19:30 | A | Chelsea | Premier Division | | 1 : 4 |

| Sat, 23.2.2013 | 15:00 | H | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Wed, 27.2.2013 | 19:45 | A | Shakhtar | Champions Cup 2nd Rnd Leg 1 | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 2.3.2013 | 15:00 | A | West Ham | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 13.3.2013 | 19:45 | H | Shakhtar | Champions Cup 2nd Rnd Leg 2 | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 16.3.2013 | 15:00 | A | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 6 : 3 |

| Wed, 20.3.2013 | 19:30 | H | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 23.3.2013 | 15:00 | H | Sunderland | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

The train is still going at Leeds (Chu Chu) and promotion is still in the eye. Second place is going to be a close call but playoffs would be a great achievement from the lads this season.

This weeks session has been a good one all in all. We have seen ourselves rise from 22nd to 2nd, been to the semi final of the league cup only to beaten 3-2 on agg against Aston villa and also wipe out the clubs debts.

Phil is sat nicely on the top and theres no catching him, well done on winning the league bud. icon_smile.gif

i am makin my 1st report finally. Nottingham forrest make former uefa cup and league cup winner theyre new manager. THe fans expected alot of theyre new manager and he didnt live up 2 them at the begginin of the season wee disappointing results:

v preston 2-2

v notts c 3-1 cup

v everton 2-2

v sheff utd 2-0

v derby 0-0

v northwich vic 1-2

v grimsby 3-0

v bolton 0-2

v wolves 0-2

v norwich 0-0

v brentford 2-2

v doncaster 3-1

v charlton 0-0

v stoke 0-3

v reading 3-2

v a.villa 0-1 cup

v c.palace 1-1

v coventry 2-0

v walsall 1-2

this poor start to the sesason left forrest in a poor mid table place. Since then forrest have improved with elliot and harewood scorin and watson and burgess ex villa centre backs performing well. Downing has been outstanding through out when he is not injured. after a forrest revolution theyre were top of the league lookin 4 automatic promotion. But with an injurie struck squad with the likes of elliot harewood downing sparv watson hannah scott all injured forrest were left with 5th and 6th choice strikers which lead 2 a sequence of 0-0s which put forrest down 2 2nd then loasin 2 3rd place rushden has left forrest in 3rd place hoping 4 1 of the top 2 to slip up.

just to let all know i cant make next wednesday session due to work icon_mad.gif so my assistant will take over for that session and no doubt do better than me. Posting at this time because i have just woken up suprisingly. Have a good weekend all and see you all monday session usual times

New start for Liverpool

Just a few weeks into the season I took on the first managerial post of my career at Anfield. The summer transfer window was closed so I had little choice with the squad that I took on but I saw plenty of talent already there, with the likes of K.Schmeichel, D'Alessandro, Diego and Cavenaghi, and felt that with a bit of luck we could certainly challenge for the league title.

The first thing done was to change the formation. If there was one thing the squad was lacking, it was wingers, so we switched to a 4132 formation hoping that it would suit the players' styles more comfortably.

The first few games were a real struggle as it seemed the players were taking a while to adapt to the more narrow style we now used. Without managing to get 3 pts in any of the first 5 games it took a League Cup game vs Grimsby for our first win. But despite winning the next league game too, it wasn't long before the team started struggling again. A combination of tiredness, the squad rotation, and a couple of injuries to the best performers meant we continued to fall further behind Man Utd who at times seemed unbeatable at the top. We did however manage to qualify for the next round of the Champions League where we'd face Deportivo.

During the January transfer window there weren't many that really caught my eye and although there was money at my disposal - most players I would ideally have liked to bring in were out of reach. I set up a couple of Bosman transfers for the summer - most importantly an established winger and striker to boost the squad for next season. But the only deal completed within the window itself was the sale of reserve player Bierofka for 250k so as to bring the wage bill below its budget - something the board were undoubtedbly pleased with.

Soon after, any real hopes for trophies at the end of the season were destroyed by a terrible run of results which included being knocked out of both domestic cups by Birmingham - harshly it seemed on both occasions - and then by Deportivo in the CL. Small consolation was a couple of successive 1-0 league wins after this to leave us in 4th place, although Man Utd were now flying at the top and it was surely just a matter of time before they were crowned Champions.

The main problem throughout the season so far has undoubtedly been the failure to take our chances. There was many a game where we dominated possession or at least had more chances than the opposition but just couldn't find the net and ended up losing.

A major overhaul of the training regime, which also seemed to be the reason why a few players struggled to play more than 2 games in a row without being exhausted, is already being planned for the summer.

The decision to move to 4132 may have been a wrong one and I have started experimenting with other tactics, but a final decision will unlikely be made until a few weeks before the start of next season. Now, most of us at Liverpool are already thinking towards improvements we can make for next season, but meanwhile there's still a Champions League place to secure in the Premiership. Without CL football it will be difficult, not only to bring in top class players, but to keep the ones we already have. However, the fans and board will surely demand more than just qualifying for it...

good first report mate icon_smile.gif. My reports will be done before session starts tommorow hopefully. See you all in later on session hope you all had a good weekend. Website will be updated again this coming thursday.

Excellent season for the City. Promotion sealed with 9 Games left. Excellent work on Stevey's part to get himself up to second. I may prove to be a hindrance to him though, as I recall someone relegating me on the last day of the season some time back. If I get the chance I may play a "weakened" team:P against some of his rivals. Up the City, down the Leeds.

Unfortuntaly after beating the mighty Birmingham in the FA Cup in the session in a replay which we dominated both games, I succumbed to a very diligent Stoke team. Hopefully next season my squad of players will rise to the challenge and gain automatic promotion for a second season.

With the signing of Cairan Ward for next season, I feel we can really achieve promotion again. I would like to think that the board will give me adequate resources to strengthen further my squad. Possibly twisting Jimmy and Si's arms to get their reserves for the season.

Monday session report

With the season nearly half way through before this session started plymouth were sitting nicely in a mid table position in the second division. With Phil's bristol already off to a great start and in first by about 10 points it was already going to be very hard to take the 2nd division title off of him. He later ended up winning the second division after wednesdays session so well done phil.

Now to my results of games played in mondays session

To start off a session which turned out to be a rather bad one in all i lost 2-0 to barnsley. This result didnt help and a poor 1-1 draw followed against bradford. A change of fortune next as we came off victors against watford 2-0 with d johnson and green scoring. Green not getting many games and this was his first full one and he done well.

Then came the worst defeat of the season as we got hammered 5-0 by notts county. A very bad performance that i hoped was not going to be repeated. The bad thing was it did and although it was an fa cup game it was still important. We lost 5-2 against a supposdly much weaker team.

Then came the worst game ever in terms of excitement. 3 shots in the whole game made this the most boring game of the season. Then came another defeat this time against blackpool and we ended the session with a 2-2 draw. I was just glad to get this session over with as it was one of the worst ones ive had in ages.

Tuesday session report

With the disappointment of the last session i was hoping for a much better one this session and not to carry on where we left off.............it didnt happen and started real bad again as we lost 4-1 to brighton with armstrong scoring our only goal.

We then travelled to oxfords home ground and had a much better game but didnt win. Final score ended 2-2 with armstrong scoring both our goals again. Then a glimmer of hope came as we beat york 4-1 with a change of strikers as left sided williams came into the side and scored a hat trick with e johnson scoring the 4th.

Then much to my disappointment we lost against very under achieving leeds 1-0 at home. Next game we played our hearts out and had the majority of possesion for most of the game but still failed to win as we drew 2-2 with one of our goals coming from a penalty.

Then came a bit of a change of form as we won 3 games in a row to end the session. First one was a 2-0 win against wigan obtaining a clean sheet which we hadnt got for ages. Then came another clean sheet as we beat wimbledon 2-0 and last but not least we ended tuesdays session winning against tranmere 2-1.

Wednesday session report

Last session of the week and with the recent form my plymouth side have shown i was hoping it was gonna be a good one. With things not going too well in the league and cups already gone we had to do something to come back and actually achieve something. With my position not under threat at all at the club there wasnt too much to worry about just i hope we can win some more and get the team morale back up.

With only one win in the whole session it pretty much sums up how it went. Plymouth were slowing moving down the table and couldnt really do too much about it.

First game against aida's sheffield wednesday which was all in all a good result as sheffield wednesday dominated the game and my side only had a few shots in which they managed to score two goals out of. Final score was 2-2 but aida's side should of got more if it wasnt for my keeper being on tremendous form.

Next was a lovely trip to huddersfield in which we lost 1-0 so the trip on the way back was awful. We then lost 2-0 to leicester in another poor game with no chances for my side to capitalise on.

Then i had to face my ex team chesterfield and all the memorys came back i even shed a tear or few. We lost 2-1 but what do you expect when ant's chesterfield have all my old players icon_smile.gif

Then came a very big shock as we got beat 4-2 by a weak morecambe side which had very few attempts but still managed to score them.

A rather odd game followed next in which i saved to put up on the clan website where it was 2-1 to my side until around the 80th minute where they equilised. Then a penalty came in the 90th minute where they took the lead and just when i thought it was all over my side score a penalty in the 90th minute.

Then anothe loss happened against lincoln where my men fell 1-0 down and couldnt come back from it. The only win of the session then came against barnsley 4-1 which didnt really count for anything as we lost 4-1 the game after which drew the session to a close and that was it for the week.

With 3 points splitting 2nd to 5th in the 2nd division and only five games to go its goinbg to be a close run in. Hopefully we can finish 2nd and take automatic promotion, but even if we don't a playoff place is still good enough for this season.

Other managers have mentioned through the press that they may play a weakend side or may infact make it harder for Leeds. "As long as they can sleep ok at night thats fine by me" says a relaxed Stevey Toner.

Leeds back into division 1

Leeds fans have seen it all this season. Not wanting to use a coined phrase but it has been a 'roller coaster season' at Elland Rd. Managing to finish in 3rd place we claimed a playoff spot and took our chance to win the final and book our seats in the 1st division. In another visit to wembley we played Wimbledon in the auto-vans final. We came out 2-0 winners and fans had a good day out icon_smile.gif

Bring on the 1st Div

Mondays Report

My first session in charge of Chelsea was not to bad. After being appointed I was handed a not to bad 10m to spend but then found out that the team were quite badly in debt. No real superstars stood out accept from Arjen Robben, but I later decided to sell him for 9m to try and ease the continuing losses. I also decided to get rid of 33-year-old Martin Albrechtsen and let him go without a profit.

One player who really stood out for me was French 24 year old striker Nicolas Leroy. Top scorer at the club with 25 goals. I had a few good results as the season came to an end but nothing really spectacular.

I am hoping to make a few more cheap signings but with a rather large transfer budget even though I am in debt might make things a bit hard icon_smile.gif

Any here are the results.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> |-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Wed, 6.3.2013 | 19:30 | H | Blackburn | Premiership | | 1 : 0 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 9.3.2013 | 15:00 | A | Portsmouth | Premiership | | 0 : 0 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 16.3.2013 | 15:00 | H | Hull | Premiership | | 5 : 0 |

| Sat, 23.3.2013 | 15:00 | H | Liverpool | Premiership | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 13.4.2013 | 15:00 | A | West Ham | Premiership | | 0 : 2 |

| Sat, 20.4.2013 | 15:00 | H | Middlesbrough | Premiership | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 27.4.2013 | 15:00 | A | Arsenal | Premiership | | 2 : 3 |

| Sat, 4.5.2013 | 15:00 | H | Sunderland | Premiership | | 6 : 3 |

| Sat, 11.5.2013 | 15:00 | A | Man City | Premiership | | 2 : 2 |

| Sun, 19.5.2013 | 15:00 | H | Birmingham | Premiership | | 1 : 1 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Finished 12th in the table so got a lot of improvement to make to keep the board happy next season.

Man Utd Champions of England

With just a point needed from the last 6 games the premiership was basically wrapped up before last nights session. Despite losing our first game with our 2nd string, Arsenal failed to beat W.B.A and the league title was ours. Finally the premiership title had come back to Old Trafford after a 8 year wait.

Two games to go down in Old Traford Folk law

With the league title already won we were able to concentrate on Europe and the Champions League. But we had a major obstacle in facing Si's Boro over 2 legs in the QF stage.

Boro were reigning Premier League title winners and also champions of Europe. We had taken the Premiership title away from them and i hoped we could do the same with the Champions League title.

First Leg at Home:

I had wanted a good result to take to fortress Riverside but thoughts of a good start soon went out the window. Within 17 mins we were 3-0 down and things looked bleak to say the least. Bull managed to pull a goal back so at HT we were 3-1 down at home, things did not look good.

Then came a half that will long remain in the Old trafford history books. A Bull hattrick and goals from Toledo and Oskarsson gave us a astonishing 5-3 win. To come back from 3-0 down against the champions like that was something special and was up until then my best game in clan so far.

That was until the 2nd leg.

With a 2 week international break my next game was the 2nd leg, with some minor changes in personnel i was confident we could score at Riverside and hoped we wouldnt lose by more than 1 goal. In all honesty the result surpassed anything i could have imagined as we blitzed the riverside. 5-0 up at HT and it finished 9-0. Ossie grabbing 4 goals and young 19 year old Mark Dyer grabbing 5 goals in an awesome display. To beat a team of Boro's calibre this way was for me the new "finest result in clan" for me. We had beaten Boro 14-3 on agg.

Man Utd Champions of Europe

Those victories gave us the confidence as we easily brushed aside Bayern munich in the Semi's 6-2 on agg. We met Dynamo Kiev in the final, although we dominated the match a tight 1-0 win gave us the Champions league title.

So we did the double!! A Superb season as we finished way ahead of the rest in the league. Some of the performances this season out shone those while at the Toon Army. It was truly a great year.

My Review

Excellent work again by Stevey, although hgelped out a little by Si he has done a remarkable job at Leeds, proving once again what a great manager he is.

I believe he got Division 2 Manager of the Year, which for me is deserved, as although I walked the league, I did have money to bring in players and one of the biggest wage totals in the league.

Another great season for Jimmy, as soon as he went to Man Yoo it was always on the cards that he would challenge and then take away the Premiership and Champions League.

Si seemed to have a bad season for him, for me there were too many dropped points in games you wouldn't think he'd drop points. Si once again stands out as the Mourinho of the Clan, with his Under 19's and Reserves walking their respective leagues if I remember, and nurturing some excellent prospects. Richardson being a fine example.

Mr tactic had an odd season (Mike) icon_wink.gif, one of many players who "relocated" during the season, and with Mike's superb Managerial Statistics he would not struggle to find a job. He took over at Burnley and narrowly avoided relegation.

Ant, after a few seasons of mid table mediocrit was sacked and took over at Chesterfield (another team that Lee has managed). He too seems to be drawing on the Swazi's ability to move up the league, but he seems to be disheartened by the fact that he won't have much money to strengthen next season.

Aida being another manager that has relocated to the hotbed that is, Division 2. Taking over the Sheffield Wednesday side, with a huge ground and excellent potential, didn't have many games in charge to do much, so next season is his real test.

After not seeing much of joey, he took over Nottingham Forest. Making some astute signings, and swiping a couple from under my noseicon_smile.gif. Elliot being the main one! I am not sure how his season ended, but if he did not get promotion he was very unlucky, at one point he had to buy a new striker as 5 of his were all injured, and Elliot injured for an extra two months just as he came back.

Lee, Lee, Lee, (before I start to sing some Tenacious D, could go far, IF he decides to take on the assistance of loan players. No better example was my own season, with Guthrie and McGregor, and I even managed to sign McGregor permanently. I think Lee deserves some luck next season, for all the hard work he puts in, and an excellent webby.

The 'new' Mike I did not get chance to see play much, but I would presume he knows what he's doing, and getting the financial foundations in place first is a must and he seems to be doing such.

The new Liverpool manager discovered the problem with taking over a previously managed human team. Although they had won the league previously, the Liverpool squad looked shy of a couple of players, althought the task was not impossible, it looked a bit bleak, but next season will be the all important one.

Player of the Season, for me was Stevey followed closely by Jimmy, although it was an excellent achievement by Jimmy, Stevey's just tops it for me.

Bristol City for the Premiership!!!

end of last report....forrest found them self top with 2 games to go but a 0-0 draw with rotherham after a disallowed goal left them in 3rd 1 point adrift and needed 2 beat former club millwall last game of the season. But it wasnt ment 2 be as forrest slumped to a 2-0 loss which left them in the playoffs

semi 1st leg palace 1-2 forrest

semi 2nd leg forrest 1-1 palace

forrest found them selves in the final against derby where they were unucky and lost 1-0 after an early goal in extra time

Archived