Official CMELClan Team Report thread

overall a gud 1st season 4 joey briggs after only expected to finish mid table they got to the playoff final so the board and fans are happy. hopefully if forrest have a better start next season auto promotion is a definate possibility

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my season report

jimmy-a gr8 season 4 jimmy proving what a class act he is brings success wherever he goes and finally got united the premier league again also the champions league.

simon-an average season or si but had high expectations after a gud campaign last time out.even though finished 2nd a long way adrift behind jimmy but im sure he will be a bigger challeng next season.

aida-after takin w.b.a as far as he can he decided 2 go to the new "premiership" divsion 2 with sheff wed which im sure he will bring success.

Mike.law-a very gud season 4 mike after getting west ham to the top flite he decided 2 go 2 strugglers burnley the money pulled him 2 the club and became manager when they were bottom but he managed 2 pull them out and showed the class he has showed at all clubs hes been at.

ant- after having a gud side which underachieved in the prem with villa he unfortunately got the sack and decided to go to the new "premiership" also with lees x side chesterfield im sure ant will continue the revival next season 4 chesterfield

phil-gr8 season 4 phil after the disappointment of relegation last season he showed his class by walkin div 2.

stevey-Fantastic season 4 stevey pulled leeds from debt and relegation trouble in div2 he pulled them up in 2 the playoff positions and then promoted thru playoffs. Adding to the leeds fans delight he even got them an ldv vans winners medal.

lee- an average season 4 lee. im sure lee will start performing in the clan if its the last thing he does with plymouth he has a gud squad but once agen under performed. left him with a mid table finish

Mike2-didnt have much of a chance 2 shine at chelsea but im sure next season he will show his class.

ant2-a disappointing season 4 liverpool after alis and mikes success u wud surely expect more from the scousers but im sure they will be up there next season challenging jimmy and si.

well what a season, 2nd in the league and quarter finals of the cups should not really be looked at as a poor season, but finishing the proverbial country mile behin jimmy in the prem and the humiliating defeat 9-0 against the same team,well i can only say that poor it was.

drastic action needed to be taken as obviously something was not right at the boro, the size of the squad whilst having amazing young players has long seemed to large, and with certain players attitudes causing discontent amongst the squad in general, i decided to sell a lot of good players including one full england international defender (who always seemed to annoy the germans in the squad)

this left a gap in the right hand side of the centre of defence and 15m has been spent to acquire the starting dutch dc from ajax, hopefully he will be as good as the left back i signed a couple of fseasons ago from the same club, who has now developed into one of the best full backs in the game.

upfront, i managed to cancel the deal with sunderland for howells(which had caused much of boro's failings last season) other than that, it is only the youngsters for boro as the dynasty seeks to improve

rating for the season for boro 6/10 needs some silverware this season

yearly roundup

jimmy :- best season yet for jimmy in my opinion, dominated the league after a shaky first month, noone else anywhere near, topped it all off with champions league, slight favourites for the premiership, but hopefully will proove the bookies wrong in the league at least,

aida-after achieving much with wba, but falling that little bit short of silverware aida has dropped a few divisions to restore the fallen giants off wednesday. the hillsborough faithfull should see them rise to challengers within the first 5 seasons of aida reign, and the extra funds that the owls will give him should help him to achieve what he needs. favourites for promotion

Mike.law- again a mid season change of teams as mike left the hammers for burnley, strange in a way as west ham were flying high and burnley were deep in relegation trouble, a good effort by mike to maintain top flight footie for burnley, and with money to spend i expect a uefa place for them this year.

ant- ants strange selling policy at villa left him open to trouble, the buying of braathen was superb but to have him on the bench for key games left many scratching there heads. now at chesterfield and soon to be bolstered by some great loan signings i think promotion from div 2 is a possibility

phil-like jimmy in the prem, phil dominated div 2 last season, and i expect him to be challenging for the title in div 1

stevey- having some money has enabled stevey to turn leeds round and given him the freedom to launch leeds onwards again. div 1 will not see much of stevey as auto promotion should be gained if he stays off the weed for even half a session a week

lee- one of lees better seasons, still in the same job and hopefully able to mount a challenge this season, play offs have to be his target but might just miss out on promotion

Mikechelsea- clearing the decks at chelsea and trying to avoid the fate of leeds of yesteryear, a hard challenge but some good players should keep him safe from relegation

antliverpool-starting to rebuild at liverpool and bringing his own flavour to the team, uefa cup place again and that competition may bring some silver to anfield

joey- perenial yo-yo manager with previous clubs, expect more of the same with forest

predictions

premiership

top 4 in no particular order

man utd

boro

liverpool

newcastle

bottom 3

villa

west ham

blackburn (if still in prem if not then whoever went up through play offs)

div 1

promotion

leeds and bristol city

div 2

promotion

chesterfield and sheff wed possibly plymouth

fa cup

man utd

league cup

boro

champions league

boro

uefa cup

liverpool

Chesterfield fly the flag

A fantastic start to the season for Chesterfield.

Only 3 new players brought in

Firstly Powell a Central Midfielder signed from Oxford for 275k.

Kev Bentley a D/DM/C For a midfielder or back up defender, signed on free transfer

Chris Speight beat Bristol City to sign the ex-Newcastle Striker.

Also after a few games in brang in Iceland Internation Porarinsson on a free.

Only 1 player sold and that was Wood my goalkeeper, who was shipped out to Birmingham for 500k

First Game of season.....

Chesterfield 2 - 0 Fulham

Armstrong & Atkinson)

Chesterfield 1 - 0 Carlisle LC 1st round

(Salisbury)

Chesterfield 0 - 0 Notts County

Wimbledon 1 - 3 Chesterfield

(Colombo, Lamb, Porarinsson)

Rotherham 1 - 2 Chesterfield

( Calombo2)

Chesterfield 7 - 1 Barnsley

( Speight3, Salisbury2 Armstrong, Lamb)

was exspecting some sort of fight from 3rd place, but i completely blitzed them

Bournemouth 0 - 4 Chesterfield

Porrarinsson, Colombo, Powell, Lamb)

This left Chesterfield top of the league unbeaten icon_razz.gif closely followed by Plymouth

Looking for the Division2 championship this year and 2 good runs in both the League Cup (got Crewe in next round) & The FA Cup.

Well here's my end of term report :-

Si - Started season as reigning Premier and Champions league winners and so maybe after achieving such a feat in the last season he wasnt quite prepared for the new season as he would have liked. A late surge got him 2nd place so it wasnt all doom and gloom but with no major trophies to show it was a disappointing season for a club with now high expectations. (Nearly got through this without mentioning 14-3 agg win in Champions league icon_biggrin.gif) The youth system at Boro keeps chugging away and will keep Boro there or there abouts for years to come. But will they be able to challenge Man utd this year?

Predicted finish this season : 2nd in prem

Mike - After taking West Ham up and flying high in the prem, the lure of Burnley was too much and Mike jumped ship to take on a relegation challenge. He succeeded in saving Burnley from relegation and with the money men of Burnley mike should expect a higher finish this season.

Predicted finish : 7th in Prem

Ant2 - Took over the reigns of Liverpool and would admit that with the calibre of players there he didnt make the impact he would have liked. But its early days and i expect ant to stamp his authority on the team and get Liverpool firing again.

Predicted finish this season : 4th in Prem

Mike2 - Took over at Chelsea and has worked hard to recover a tricky financial situation and create a solid base to work from. Cutting the wage bill towards the end of the season while taking Chelsea to a mid table finish. This year some wheeling and dealing has brought in some new players and i expect Chelsea to at least get into UEFA Cup.

Predicted finish this season : 5/6th in Prem

Stevey - A great year for Stevey, turning around all Leeds troubles off the field and securing promotion on the field. Some outstanding wheeling and dealing has brought money into the club and also some class players. Stevey built an almost Premiership class squad and it was no surprise he got promoted from Div 2. Left it late so had to win in playoffs but in Div 1 this year he already has a class squad so expect big things.

Predicted finish this season : 2nd in Div 1

Joey - Took Nottm Forest to the brink of promotion to the Premiership but narrowly missed out in playoff final. Joey did well last year and until the death looked like certain promotion candidates. Some good loan signings to bolster squad and i would see no reason why playoffs cant be achieved this year as well.

Predicted finish this season : 5th in Div 1

Phil - Another clan member who had a great season. Dominated div 2 and looks set to do the same in Div 1. Like stevey a strong Div 1 squad and with some loan signings to back up current squad should find himself looking at Auto promotion if not championship.

Predicted finish this season : 1st in Div 1

Ant - Well after building a great squad for Villa the results never quite met the potential. Eventually Ant was sacked and then took over Chesterfield in Div 2 towards the end of last season. Took some time to adjust as he too spent time sorting out off field issues ready to build for this season. Despite having little money he has been very canny in the transfer market and i think has a squad strong enough to walk Div 2 this year.

Predicted finish this season : 1st in Div 2

Lee - What can be said about lee? he has managed so many clubs that he is now back to where he started all those seasons ago. Managed to save Plymouth from Relegation to Div 3 and sort out the off the field stuff towards the end of the season. With some good signings and also using the loan system, he should be able to try and aim for playoffs.

Predicted finish this season : 3rd in Div 2

Aida - Great record at W.B.A and has now moved on to sleeping giants Sheff Wed. Again like many last year took the leap mid season and spent time sorting out off the field stuff and getting into the swing in Div 2. Aida has proven record as manager so i think with the potential at Sheff Wed it wont be long before the Premiership beckons. Aida can spot talent like a perver can spot a thong so i expect some great signings to challenge Ant and Lee this year.

Predicted finish this season : 2nd in Div 2

FA Cup - Boro (only trophy icon_smile.gif)

Champions League - Man Utd

League Cup - Burnley

Premiership - 1st Man Utd

2nd Boro

3rd Arsenal

4th Liverpool

Div 1 - Bristol City

Div 2 - Chesterfield

Div 3 - Is there a Div 3!?

Poor start 4 forrest.

after high expectations from the fans of forrest theyre start didnt go as planned again.

leeds3-1 forrest

stevey side outclassed my forrest

bristol.city2-0 forrest

outclassed agen this time by phil

forrest1-0 hull cup

forrest3-0 hull

forrest3-0 walsall

palace1-1 forrest

forrest0-0 bentford

once again this season it seem forrest away form is going to cost forrest automatic promotion. and a poor start to the season has left forrest in a mid table place hopefully the loan signing of rungratsamee can change the spirit in the forrest camp

Tuesdays Report

After a poor start to my Chelsea campaign finishing a disappointing 12th I decided I was going to have to splash the cash to try and get into the top 6. I had 14m at my disposal after selling Arjen Robben for £9m I also managed to get rid of the high earners at the club like Mexes, Owen, Wes Brown and Albrechtsen. In total I worked out that getting rid of these players saved me a total of £157,000 a week which if you do your sums adds up to about £8,154,000 a year.

I then went on to spending the cash, my first two signings with Tom Goodwin from Man Utd for 3.5m and then went on to sign a striker who was playing at first division Derby who caught my eye. Colin Richardson at 21 years old was the star of the team and I decided I would fork out 7.5m to secure his services.

And so it went, I went on to secure the signings of Diogo from Man Utd and also Renato from Man Utd for 2.5m each. I then decided it was time to make some star signings to rival the old Chelsea days. In came Tim Jansen for 6.5m, a striker which a awesome scoring record of something like 200 and odd games which 160 odd goals. But my big signing came next, a defender who yet so much promise and failed to deliver as of yet. I spent 10m on Billy Jones from Hull. He had been at many clubs and despite being rated so highly and failed to deliver and had yet to be capped for England. Also arriving were Fabio Paim and Cerci from Tottenham and Man Utd.

So as the season started expectations were high, first game didn’t disappoint. I beat Sunderland 4-2 after winning the game in stoppage time with two Michael Owen goals within a minute of each other. Last seasons star Nicolas Leroy also started the season in fine fashion with a brace in that match.

Next game wasn’t so good, a 3-0 defeat to Rushden had taken away any pre match confidence.

Next up was Liverpool, In a great match which saw both teams playing great attacking football and a Tim Jansen debut goal and saw the home fans the happier. But Liverpool soon made it 1-1 and so the match went on till the 90th minute went Diego hit two goals to crush fans hearts at Stamford Bridge.

Cambridge away was meant to be a rather simple task. With Cerci and Jones in the starting line up expectations were high. It took Cerci 1 minute to make his mark with a 25 yard strike flying into the back of the net. Cambridge pulled it back to 1-1 20 mins later and so it went into the second half 1-1. Then another new signing Tim Jansen made it 2-1 with a great finish. And just as the Chelsea fans were set to go home happier Cambridge got a last minute goal and the game finished at 2-2.

So a dismal start to the season and seen my lie way down the table with 4 points. So hopefully next session I can improve on that GREATLY.

------------------------------------------------

Results Summary

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 27.7.2013 | 15:00 | H | Boavista | Friendly | | 3 : 3 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Wed, 31.7.2013 | 19:30 | H | Dinamo Kiev | Friendly | | 2 : 1 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Tue, 6.8.2013 | 19:30 | H | Chelsea Under 19s | Friendly | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 17.8.2013 | 15:00 | H | Sunderland | Premiership | | 4 : 2 |

| Wed, 21.8.2013 | 19:30 | A | Rushden | Premiership | | 0 : 3 |

| Sat, 24.8.2013 | 15:00 | H | Liverpool | Premiership | | 1 : 3 |

| Sat, 31.8.2013 | 15:00 | A | Cambridge | Premiership | | 2 : 2 |

</pre>

Transfers in

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 4.6.2013 | Goodwin, Tom | Man Utd | £3.5M |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 4.6.2013 | Richardson, Colin | Derby | £7.5M |

| 17.8.2013 | Diogo | Man Utd | £2.5M |

| 21.8.2013 | Janssen, Tim | W.B.A. | £6.5M |

| 22.8.2013 | Jones, Billy | Hull | £10M |

| 24.8.2013 | Renato | Man Utd | £2M |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £32M |

| | | | |

</pre>

Transfer out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| 4.6.2013 | Robben, Arjen | Cambridge | £9M |

| 4.6.2013 | Burns, Danny | Free Transfer | Free |

| 4.6.2013 | Murray, Paul | Free Transfer | Free |

| 4.6.2013 | Dean, Stuart | Free Transfer | Free |

| 30.6.2013 | Williams, Demetrius| Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2013 | Albrechtsen, Martin| Cardiff | Free |

| 4.7.2013 | Bertin, Romain | Free Transfer | Free |

| 4.7.2013 | Valente, João | Free Transfer | Free |

| 10.7.2013 | Brown, Wes | Aston Villa | £350K |

| 14.8.2013 | Mexès, Philippe | W.B.A. | £1.5M |

| 23.8.2013 | Owen, Michael | West Ham | £0 |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £10.75M |

| | | | |

</pre>

Great Start to title defense for United

A great couple of sessions have seen Man United off to a flyer, having already opened up a 6pt lead from the nearest challengers.

3 wins out of 3 in the Champions League as well have made it the perfect start to this years campaign.

The latest league Premier League table after the end of this weeks session looks like this :

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Man Utd

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Man Utd | | 10 | 9 | 1 | 0 | 37 | 6 | +31 | 28 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Aston Villa | | 10 | 7 | 2 | 1 | 24 | 11 | +13 | 23 |

| 3rd | | Newcastle | | 10 | 6 | 2 | 2 | 20 | 11 | +9 | 20 |

| 4th | | Liverpool | | 10 | 6 | 1 | 3 | 19 | 9 | +10 | 19 |

| 5th | | Sunderland | | 10 | 5 | 2 | 3 | 19 | 11 | +8 | 17 |

| 6th | | Arsenal | | 10 | 5 | 1 | 4 | 9 | 12 | -3 | 16 |

| 7th | | W.B.A. | | 10 | 3 | 5 | 2 | 11 | 9 | +2 | 14 |

| 8th | | Birmingham | | 10 | 4 | 2 | 4 | 13 | 16 | -3 | 14 |

| 9th | | Middlesbrough | | 10 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 20 | 18 | +2 | 13 |

| 10th | | Cardiff | | 10 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 8 | 10 | -2 | 13 |

| 11th | | Rushden | | 10 | 4 | 1 | 5 | 13 | 16 | -3 | 13 |

| 12th | | Southampton | | 10 | 4 | 1 | 5 | 11 | 15 | -4 | 13 |

| 13th | | Derby | | 10 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 12 | 11 | +1 | 12 |

| 14th | | Burnley | | 10 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 14 | 18 | -4 | 12 |

| 15th | | Crewe | | 10 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 12 | 21 | -9 | 10 |

| 16th | | Tottenham | | 10 | 1 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 7 | -4 | 9 |

| 17th | | Cambridge | | 10 | 2 | 3 | 5 | 8 | 16 | -8 | 9 |

| 18th | | Chelsea | | 10 | 2 | 1 | 7 | 11 | 20 | -9 | 7 |

| 19th | | Man City | | 10 | 0 | 6 | 4 | 8 | 22 | -14 | 6 |

| 20th | | West Ham | | 10 | 1 | 2 | 7 | 14 | 27 | -13 | 5 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

great sesh 4 briggs and forrest!!!!!!!

1-2 norwich bloody assistant

3-0 grimsby

3-3 bolton

2-0 preston

4-0 stoke

1-1 everton

1-0 stockport

2-0 millwall

with this descent run of results forrest found them selves 3rd place mainly thanxed to rungratsamee and sum away wins! Forrest are 4 points adrift of auto placesbut have charlton next who are 2nd so a few nmore results like these forrest coud find them selves back in the premiership next season.

Unbeaten League Run Continues!!!

Chesterfield's brilliant start to the season continues after going on a fantastic run so far in the season, although its still early in the season Chesterfield will be hoping to pull out a big lead and secure automatic prmotion.

RESULTS.

Chesterfield 2 - 1 Bristol Rovers

(Speight, Cook)

Oldham 0 - 3 Chesterfield

(Lamb2, Cook)

Middlesbrough's loan signing's Lamb & Colombo already making an impact

Chesterfield 2 - 1 Crewe LC 2nd Rnd

(Cook2)

A truly amazing result for 2nd division chesterfield upsetting Premiership Crewe in the league cup 2nd round, this earnt a 3rd round tie with 3rd division scunthorpe, who have already defeated chelsea

Chesterfield 1 - 1 Swansea

(Colombo)

Watford 0 - 0 Chesterfield

2 games without a win icon_frown.gif

Torquay 1 - 5 Chesterfield

(Cook, Salisbury, Murphy, Lamb2)

Back to winning ways with style.

Chesterfield 4 - 1 Lincoln

Colombo, Porarinsson, Cook, Lamb)

another dominate win.

Huddersfield 1 - 5 Chesterfield

(Webb, Cook3, Powell)

another superb high scoring game.

York 2 - 1 Chesterfield

(Colombo)

didn't really care about the waste of space tornament the LDV Vans, no money in it and it just tires your players out, so decided to play a load of reserves & U19's including my 15 year old keeper, who has just agreed terms with Man Utd in a deal worth £1,000,000.

Chesterfield 2 - 0 Bradford

(Colombo, Lamb)

The 2 Boro loanee's scoring both the goals which wrapped up a very very good session for chesterfield, leading division2 by a clear gap over nearest challangers lee owens Plymouth.

Hopefully can keep this brilliant run going for as long as possible. icon_biggrin.gif

Plymouth hoping for a much better season as they yet again underachieve

Only a couple of games left in the season and plymouth had to try and secure division two football for next season. Luckily they manage to do so but still finish in a poor 17th position just staying up. Here is how the end of the season went for plymouth.

Well it all started off bad as usual and continued the run of bad form as we lost 2-1 against bristol rovers in a poor display from plymouth. Tony williams managed to grab a goal but it didnt affect the game itself too much and the final outcome.

Next another away game against watford. A stronger performance from the boys which managed to get us a valuable point (we dont get them often).

Then we had a home game for once and lost 2-1 to continue our bad run in a bad season overall. With plymouths division two hopes of survival in major threat they had to get a win in one of the last few games to survive.

Being the one but last game of the season we needed luck to be on our side and grant us a win. It didnt happen this game against fulham as we drew 3-3 with them but on the final match day of the season it finally did as we won 2-0 against brighton (phew!!!)

With that terrifying season out the way a lot of things needed to be discussed and improved upon as this just wasnt acceptable.

With another season out of the way and with a new one that the players are about to embark on i was hoping that we could actually achieve something this coming season and not fall back like most. With only a couple new signings coming to home park Lee Owens was hoping to basically keep to a similar team as last season and save his valuable cash. Well day one of the new season finally arrived and after all the tactics, training etc was sorted out it was time to start the division two mission. A mission because its been hard these past few sessions and aint getting any easier. With the first game being away to Torquay it was time to see if our away form was improving due to last seasons dissappointing performances away from our ground.

We got off to a dream start this season and beat torquay 3-0 awaw with williams scoring a hat trick. This was a positive start that gave me some hope but i knew it was only first game and not to get too ahead of myself.

Then a spectacular display in the league cup against 1st division coventry put us through nicely into the 2nd round. We won 3-1 away with eddie johnson and williams scoring the goals.

Yet another away game next this time against huddersfield. We won 4-1 and dominated totally showing no mercy. This was the start i was looking for and it gave me loads of confidence. The super sub jon green managed to secure this win scoring 2 goals after coming on at half time.

Finally the first home game of the season came and this was no disappointment either as we won 3-0 against lincoln with the strike due scoring the goals again.

We then took this form to bradford and beat them 4-1 with both strikers eddie johnson and williams both grabbing 2 goals. This was a well earnt victory and a great start for the plymouth side but a dramatic loss was to come but only just.

Our first loss of the new season came as we got beat 5-4 by leicester. Although it wasnt a huge defeat it looked at times as if was was going to snatch the win but they managed to score a late 90 minute goal to get the win themselves.

Last game of tuesday session and it was against doncaster where we won 1-0. A great session all round which seen us already 4 points clear of third. But with my assistant taking control the wednesday session i wasnt too secure that i would still be floating in around the top after that session but luckily my assistant managed to keep me in 2nd position icon_smile.gif. Roll on tonights session as im looking to improve upon my 2nd place and get a much bigger gap from the rest.

Liverpool aiming for big improvements - a decent start to the new season.

The end of last season was a very disappointing one for Liverpool as we failed to get any sort of form together and continued underpeforming - eventually finishing a lowly 7th in the Premiership meaning only UEFA Cup football for the following year.

The entire season had been one to forget, failing to make much progress in any of the cups whilst never really challenging the dominant Man Utd in the league. Because of this, the pressure was really on to sort the team out over the summer and get off to a flying start this season.

The only new players brought in during the summer months were Jung and Savolainen who would hopefully benefit the squad and give us more options. Out, most notably, went D'Alessandro and Kewell who we felt were moving past the peak of their careers and taking up to much in wages each week.

The new season started in a similar style to the previous one, with inconsistent performances and no real inspiration coming from the team. We did however manage to stay in the higher positions of the league and qualified for the next round of the UEFA Cup. It was from the 3-0 win in the 2nd leg of the UEFA 1st round that the team really pushed on. We won our next two league games with Rhodes standing out as an excellent prospect making the step up from the youth team comfortably. A loss in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup was disappointing in that I wanted to give the young and fringe players a good run in that competition. Nevertheless, we continued to build and got 14 league points from the possible 18 that followed whilst also qualifying for the 3rd round of the UEFA Cup. This included a 5-1 win against PAOK despite being a man down for the majority of the game - a sign that things might finally be going our way?

By the end of Monday's session Liverpool sat in 2nd place, a few points behind a once again, extremely impressive, Manchester Utd. Things are starting to look a little better and yesterday's was easily the most successful session yet.

sorry for not really being in the session tonight you all know why and my computer is now sorted and working fine. Sorry to all and see you next session tommorow usual times where i will be able to play whole session without getting booted this time icon_biggrin.gif

Current Standings in clan

Premiership

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Man Utd

| 1st | Jimmy | Man Utd | | 25 | 22 | 2 | 1 | 89 | 19 | +70 | 68 |

| 2nd | Ant2 | Liverpool | | 25 | 16 | 5 | 4 | 48 | 20 | +28 | 53 |

| 3rd | | W.B.A. | | 24 | 11 | 10 | 3 | 32 | 16 | +16 | 43 |

| 4th | | Aston Villa | | 25 | 11 | 9 | 5 | 45 | 32 | +13 | 42 |

| 5th | | Arsenal | | 25 | 10 | 10 | 5 | 35 | 29 | +6 | 40 |

| 6th | | Newcastle | | 25 | 10 | 9 | 6 | 35 | 27 | +8 | 39 |

| 7th | Si | Middlesbrough | | 24 | 11 | 5 | 8 | 52 | 44 | +8 | 38 |

| 8th | | Sunderland | | 25 | 10 | 7 | 8 | 42 | 32 | +10 | 37 |

| 9th | | Tottenham | | 25 | 9 | 9 | 7 | 25 | 24 | +1 | 36 |

| 10th | | Birmingham | | 25 | 8 | 9 | 8 | 36 | 35 | +1 | 33 |

| 11th | | Derby | | 23 | 8 | 6 | 9 | 33 | 34 | -1 | 30 |

| 12th | | Chelsea | | 25 | 9 | 3 | 13 | 36 | 42 | -6 | 30 |

| 13th | | Southampton | | 25 | 8 | 5 | 12 | 33 | 38 | -5 | 29 |

| 14th | | Rushden | | 25 | 8 | 5 | 12 | 31 | 44 | -13 | 29 |

| 15th | | Cardiff | | 25 | 7 | 6 | 12 | 24 | 35 | -11 | 27 |

| 16th | | Cambridge | | 25 | 5 | 8 | 12 | 28 | 52 | -24 | 23 |

| 17th | | Crewe | | 25 | 5 | 7 | 13 | 22 | 38 | -16 | 22 |

| 18th | Mike | Burnley | | 25 | 6 | 4 | 15 | 36 | 58 | -22 | 22 |

| 19th | | West Ham | | 25 | 6 | 4 | 15 | 32 | 61 | -29 | 22 |

| 20th | | Man City | | 25 | 1 | 11 | 13 | 18 | 52 | -34 | 14 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Division 1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Cardiff

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Charlton | | 30 | 20 | 5 | 5 | 58 | 25 | +33 | 65 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Phil | Bristol City | | 30 | 19 | 6 | 5 | 64 | 27 | +37 | 63 |

| 3rd | Joey | Nottm Forest | | 31 | 17 | 7 | 7 | 57 | 29 | +28 | 58 |

| 4th | | Millwall | | 30 | 15 | 11 | 4 | 51 | 27 | +24 | 56 |

| 5th | | Everton | | 30 | 15 | 7 | 8 | 52 | 43 | +9 | 52 |

| 6th | | Stockport | | 31 | 13 | 7 | 11 | 40 | 37 | +3 | 46 |

| 7th | | Portsmouth | | 31 | 11 | 12 | 8 | 37 | 28 | +9 | 45 |

| 8th | | Northwich Vics | | 30 | 13 | 6 | 11 | 45 | 41 | +4 | 45 |

| 9th | | Grimsby | | 31 | 11 | 12 | 8 | 32 | 35 | -3 | 45 |

| 10th | | Brentford | | 30 | 10 | 14 | 6 | 44 | 36 | +8 | 44 |

| 11th |Stevey | Leeds | | 30 | 10 | 13 | 7 | 43 | 32 | +11 | 43 |

| 12th | | Reading | | 31 | 10 | 10 | 11 | 42 | 44 | -2 | 40 |

| 13th | | Blackburn | | 30 | 10 | 9 | 11 | 38 | 39 | -1 | 39 |

| 14th | | Coventry | | 30 | 8 | 12 | 10 | 42 | 47 | -5 | 36 |

| 15th | | Preston | | 31 | 10 | 6 | 15 | 43 | 50 | -7 | 36 |

| 16th | | Crystal Palace | | 30 | 11 | 3 | 16 | 45 | 55 | -10 | 36 |

| 17th | | Walsall | | 31 | 9 | 9 | 13 | 34 | 55 | -21 | 36 |

| 18th | | Sheff Utd | | 31 | 7 | 14 | 10 | 33 | 38 | -5 | 35 |

| 19th | | Stoke | | 30 | 8 | 9 | 13 | 44 | 62 | -18 | 33 |

| 20th | | Q.P.R. | | 31 | 8 | 7 | 16 | 46 | 56 | -10 | 31 |

| 21st | | Ipswich | | 31 | 7 | 8 | 16 | 35 | 48 | -13 | 29 |

| 22nd | | Norwich | | 30 | 6 | 8 | 16 | 29 | 48 | -19 | 26 |

| 23rd | | Hull | | 30 | 7 | 5 | 18 | 28 | 58 | -30 | 26 |

| 24th | | Bolton | | 30 | 5 | 10 | 15 | 42 | 64 | -22 | 25 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Division 2

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Bristol City

| 1st | Aida | Sheff Wed | | 28 | 20 | 4 | 4 | 67 | 13 | +54 | 64 |

| 2nd | Ant | Chesterfield | | 29 | 17 | 9 | 3 | 69 | 28 | +41 | 60 |

| 3rd | Lee | Plymouth | | 28 | 15 | 6 | 7 | 55 | 27 | +28 | 51 |

| 4th | | Lincoln | | 29 | 14 | 7 | 8 | 44 | 36 | +8 | 49 |

| 5th | | Wimbledon | | 30 | 12 | 13 | 5 | 37 | 31 | +6 | 49 |

| 6th | | Doncaster | | 31 | 12 | 12 | 7 | 47 | 34 | +13 | 48 |

| 7th | | Oxford | | 31 | 11 | 13 | 7 | 44 | 35 | +9 | 46 |

| 8th | | Fulham | | 31 | 11 | 12 | 8 | 33 | 28 | +5 | 45 |

| 9th | | Leicester | | 30 | 9 | 14 | 7 | 41 | 40 | +1 | 41 |

| 10th | | Bradford City | | 28 | 11 | 8 | 9 | 29 | 28 | +1 | 41 |

| 11th | | Barnsley | | 31 | 9 | 13 | 9 | 42 | 37 | +5 | 40 |

| 12th | | Notts Co | | 31 | 11 | 7 | 13 | 42 | 39 | +3 | 40 |

| 13th | | Wolves | | 30 | 10 | 10 | 10 | 33 | 44 | -11 | 40 |

| 14th | | Torquay | | 31 | 9 | 11 | 11 | 37 | 41 | -4 | 38 |

| 15th | | Watford | | 30 | 11 | 5 | 14 | 36 | 47 | -11 | 38 |

| 16th | | Blackpool | | 31 | 9 | 10 | 12 | 28 | 37 | -9 | 37 |

| 17th | | Swansea | | 30 | 9 | 9 | 12 | 42 | 44 | -2 | 36 |

| 18th | | York | | 30 | 11 | 3 | 16 | 40 | 48 | -8 | 36 |

| 19th | | Rotherham | | 31 | 9 | 9 | 13 | 28 | 46 | -18 | 36 |

| 20th | | Gillingham | | 30 | 7 | 14 | 9 | 32 | 35 | -3 | 35 |

| 21st | | Bournemouth | | 31 | 9 | 8 | 14 | 37 | 51 | -14 | 35 |

| 22nd | | Bristol Rovers | | 30 | 6 | 10 | 14 | 25 | 42 | -17 | 28 |

| 23rd | | Huddersfield | | 31 | 5 | 9 | 17 | 27 | 55 | -28 | 24 |

| 24th | | Oldham | | 30 | 1 | 10 | 19 | 16 | 65 | -49 | 13 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Interesting last couple of sessions for Bristol City, after some excellent results in the league and cup competitions, I've hit a bad patch, with anyone and everyone after Mattie Lahitie and Cairan Ward Injured for the best part of a month, Alan Bennett came to the fore, and did remarkably well. With form of 8 10 10 10 8 10, I couldn't complain with him, but the rest of the team were struggling:/ Hopefully with Ward back soon and a few tranfer targets picked, I will hopefully be back on track and hopefully getting automatic promotion. Full report to follow on Monday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

what like you winning the league cup icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the reports are true, then awesome, I didn't think it would be a walkover, although I didn't think i'd actually win. icon_smile.gif Up the City!

another season of underachievement at boro

well after returning after missing the first session of the new season,things have improved for boro, climbing from 13th in the league into the champions league places, this improvement is down to several factors, namely buying 3 highly talented players, 2 wingers and a right back, and the gradual return to form of most of my squad (having 4 of the back 5 unit out for the first half the seaosn left the defence very week)

good cup runs in all th cups seemed to be helping make up for the league, then when my defence seemed to be becoming a formidable unit again (7 clean sheets in 8 games) i go and get well and truly stuffed in the league cup by division one bristol city(couldnt believe it as had been in great form too, but ell deserved phil great result) and then losing in the fa cup quarter finals to wba has left boro with just the uefa cup to aim for.

admitedly this cup has been nice to boro over the years competing in it 4 times winning it on 3 occasions and runners up the other time, but 1 trophy this season is not acceptable (especially as boro started off in the champions league) after 10 years at boro, it has been decided that if boro fail to land any silver be it in this seasons uefa cup or next season, then i will be forced to move on to another team and let someone else take boro onwards.

also on the transfer front, star england striker richardson, who has been injured most of the season was sold to relegation threatened west ham, in a deal worth 14.25m upfront and 500k per app for 50 apps and 50% sell on, which should lead to more signings for boro next season

***** WEEK FOR FORREST

at the beginnin of the week forrest were goin on strong lookin like auto promotion is a real possibility. But once agen an injurie struck squad couldnt continue playin well, left the forrest fans with little hope.

2-1 charlton

2-1 qpr

2-0 northwich

0-2 ipswitch

1-0 blackburn

1-1 portsmouth

4-0 coventry

2-2 sheff utd

3-0 reading

1-1 leeds

5-1 hull

2-1 bristol.c

3-0 walsall

2-0 palace

1-2 norwich

1-2 grimsby assistant

2-3 preston assistant

2-0 stoke assistant

0-1 bolton assistant

1-0 everton

1-3 stockport

4-3 millwall 1-2 northwich

the losss against norwich was the defeat that really broke the forrest fans hearts 1-0 up lookin strong with 10 mins 2 go norwich 1st shot they scored 1-1 93rd min norwich 2nd shot the score. after that my assistant had a brief spell and losin 3 out of 4 didnt do me proud this has cost me auto promtion places and will probly have 2 go thru the heartbrake of the playoffs.

Portsmouth Turn To Rival Town For Help

It has been announced in the last 24 hours that Pompey have turned to a Southampton man to lead them back into the premier league & there next challenge to be in the elite.

25 Year old Matt Hooker is an experienced manager & will no doubt improve the team but how much is yet to be seen.

Whilst the club are said to have some cash to splash the squad is pretty poor to say the least & I cant see any of them staying in what I would call a premiership standard team.

So off I went to find some talent but having found most of it snapped up by others I found this task hard. I found that Man Utd were selling Cerci & a bid of 8.5m was enough to pursuade Jimmy to accept. It wasnt plain sailing as the Italian Stallion rejected my first contract offer due to the fact he wanted a min release fee clause in there. So with a 120m clause put in he accepted it.

I then raided Chesterfield for there Brazilian wonderkid who I snapped up for his release clause of 500k. A bargain to say the least & he's fitted in very well already.

I've had a few bids rejected for others but will pursue them in the future.

I started off with 4 wins in my first 4 games to move us up into the play offs & whilst not being the finished article by anyones imagination I still feel with the introduction of Cerci to add firepower will be enough to challenge for promotion.

A more in depth report will follow after Mondays session.

Just to let all know i wont be in tuesday session as i am working a 13 hour shift so my assistant will have to take over again icon_frown.gif. Hopefully the season is wrapped up on mondays session though so my assistant wont muck my chance of promotion up icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

how dare you steal my brazilian wonderkid icon_eek.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will let you have first option on him in the future if I decide to sell him on, also any loan players I may have available next season.

Thanks for the business! icon14.gif

how dare you steal my brazilian wonderkid icon_eek.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shouldnt have had him with a min fee ant, 500k was a steal for him,nice signing anyway icon_smile.gif

at least ant still has the boro loan players doing the business for him, shame the ones at boro arent icon_frown.gif

Plymouth doing the business at least for now

With the great last session leaving plymouth in 2nd place about 8 points behind ants chesterfield they were looking to improve upon it and hopefully have that 1st spot by the end of the session. Although that didnt happen my team managed to close in on the top and reduce the gap that there currently was.

In another pretty good session for the pilgrims things were looking very good for at least a playoff spot come the end of the season. But unforseen circumstances happened as my computer packed up which left my assistant to mount the challenge on top in tuesday's session. Luckily i was back in the wednesday session to stop my assistant mucking my chances up even more.

By the beginning of wednesday's session i was 3rd and the top 2 places were near enough out of my reach. Anyway here is how my games went during last tuesdays session.

WBA 4-3 Plymouth (League Cup 3rd Round)

Scorers: Tony Williams (hat trick)

Even though we started off this session with a loss it wasnt a game to be looked back on and thought as an appauling display as it was against premiership opposition. We was a little unlucky in this game as we could of easily wrapped the game up early on but because of the good form wba were also on they wasnt easy to get past. The game even went on until extra time when wba finally pulled the plug on the game and ended it by scoring just before the 120 minutes were over. A great effort by the team this season in the league cup so we wasnt ashamed to go out of it to a top quality premiership side.

Plymouth 1-0 Wimbledon

Scorers: Simon Cook

With tony williams injured after last games performance stand in striker simon cook had to take his spot. He managed to get us the win in what was a little of a boring game. 1 goal was all we could get as both teams had little chances. First league game of the session and started us off with a win which pleased me.

Notts county 0-2 Plymouth

Scorers: Ian Armstrong, Simon Cook

With top striker tony williams out still simon cook was still enjoying actually playing in the team for once. His performance was marked as he scored yet another one aswell as ian armstrong scoring a good goal. An away game that i thought we would lose but i was so wrong.

Plymouth 4-2 Woking (FA Cup 1st Round)

Scorers: Eddie Johnson (hat trick), Mark Lynch

An easy team in an important cup thats what we liked to see. Even though woking gave us a run for our money they was never leading at any point in the game. I had my doubts half way through the game as we only led 2-1 but luckily managed to add another 2 goals on top of that.

Leyton Orient 1-2 Plymouth (Vans Trophy)

Scorers: Eddie Johnson, Simon Cook

A cup that i could give a **** about but we still managed to win in it. I wasnt too concerned about this cup and even wanted to go out of it but still i suppose im glad that we managed to progress into the next round of it.

Plymouth 5-0 Rotherham

Scorers: Mark Marshall, Eddie Johnson, Own goal, Ian Armstrong, Tony Williams

A great game this was to watch as plymouth claimed their biggest victory of the season so far. A really good team effort this one was as all the players played a part in it helping us to get such a good win. Rotherham couldnt really do much to prevent this as my whole team were on great form.

Barnsley 1-3 Plymouth

Scorers: Eddie Johnson (2), Ian Armstrong

Another away game and another win for plymouth what is happening?. Well whatever it is that is happening it aint bothering me infact im actually enjoying it icon_smile.gif. Well i better enjoy it while i can as it never lasts forever. Although barnsley are usually a hard team to beat especially away they didnt put up much of a fight this time.

Rotherham 0-0 Plymouth (FA Cup 2nd round)

A game in which plymouth failed to score which earnt them a replay in the fa cup. Plymouth had the chances they just failed to take them.

Plymouth 4-0 Kettering Town (Vans Trophy quarter final)

Last game of the session and it was against the mighty kettering. They didnt prove to be stong this time as they got battered by my overpowering plymouth side. A great end to another great session.

The season is looking a good one for plymouth but due to my assistant underachieving with my team on the tuesday session he ruined my chances of auto promotion but playoff's is looking good for my team at the moment. Just hopefully i win them if im to get into them.

Last wednesdays session report to follow...........

Good form continues for Liverpool

The current season has continued to be a positive one on the whole for Liverpool fans. The assistant was called into action for Tuesday's session and, surprisingly, he managed to guide the team successively. Not only taking them to a comfortable 2nd place in the league but also keeping them in the FA Cup - albeit in the early stages with poor opposition.

I returned for Wednesday's session and went on to have probably the best run of results since taking over at Anfield. One important move was to reverse the decision of my assistant to sell consistent goalscorer Pazzini as I felt there was still plenty more to come from one of our star players. It paid off as he, along with the rest of the team, performed superbly over the following few games. The team finally seemed to be getting its act together and we managed to qualify for both the 6th round of the FA Cup and the 4th round of UEFA Cup. One result which deserves special mention was the 6-0 demolition away to Newcastle in the FA Cup which symbolised the newfound focus of the team.

In the Premiership, whilst there was nothing really wrong with our form, it was once again proving to be near impossible to catch Manchester United. Hopefully both the fans and directors will see past this and realise that the team has improved amazingly since last season - still sitting in 2nd place with a fair gap to 3rd and in both major cup competitions. My personal goal of winning one of the 3 big trophies remains a strong possibility and hopefully that will still be the case after tonights session.

High hopes for next season for plymouth but will it all go wrong?

With plymouth currently sitting in 3rd around 6 points clear of 4th with only a small majority of games left playoff's are now looking a dead cert. Hoping that my team can win in the playoff's and take me up to division one is the dream but will it happen? just have to find out. With wednesdays session being an average on for the return of me managing due to being absent the session before we wasnt moving anywhere in the league

Here is how the games went during last wednesdays session

Plymouth 2-2 Chesterfield

Scorers: Tony Williams (2)

First game of the session and it was against a fellow human manager and also my old team. A good game all round this was which seen 2 fairly even teams battle it out on the field to get that win. No team managed to get the winning goal as it ended 2-2. This result i suppose was quite fair as like i say the game was pretty even all the way through. Both teams having roughly the same amount of chances and netting the same amount also.

Plymouth 4-0 Gillingham

Scorers: Own goal, Eddie Johnson (3)

Great win this was after failing to win the previous game. Had to lift my teams morale up anyway after my assistant destroyed it. With eddie johnson on form nothing could stop him not even the keeper. No guessing who got man of the match this game.

Plymouth 3-1 Swansea

Scorers: Eddie Johnson (2), Tony Williams

Another home win which helped a lot and secured our 3rd place even more. The 2 strikers managing to work together as always and come out with the goods. Swansea were a mid table side in the division and it showed in this game.

Plymouth 1-1 wolves

Scorers: Eddie Johnson

Another one of my old clubs i had to face this time being wolves and just like the last game against one of my old teams my side was held to a draw and it was a pretty even game although a little boring as there wasnt that many chances in the whole game.

York 0-2 Plymouth

Scorers: Eddie Johnson, Tony Williams

First away game of the session and a nice clean sheet was kept. A good display where my teams defence didnt seem weak for the first time in a while. Keeper was on great form and stopped a lot of shots from them which helped us to grab the full 3 points.

Oxford 1-1 Plymouth

A very boring game this was in which we should of won as we was all over oxford. But unfourtunately a late goal struck which stopped us from getting more points that we needed.

Oldham 1-2 Plymouth

Scorers: Tony Williams, Eddie Johnson

Is it me or are these the only 2 players that seem to be scoring for my side and getting me the points i want. Nevertheless we managed to get another win and stay in 3rd still. Little bit of a lucky game as both of the goals didnt come till late in the game itself but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Blackpool 2-1 Plymouth

The good run was all over as we finally met our match and lost our first game in ages under my control. Still it wasnt to be looked back at as a disaster as we only just got beat. Good thing was aswell is that it didnt effect my teams league position which was the most important worry.

Plymouth 0-0 Fulham

An unwatchable game this was as there was only about 3 chances in the whole of the game. I even left the computer at one point in this match because i was sooooo bored of it.

Wimbledon 1-3 Plymouth

Scorers: David Thompson, Eddie Johnson, Tony Williams

Great end to the session this was as it showed just what we were capable to doing to teams away from home. It was that great even another player except the usual 2 managed to get on the scoresheet.

With the season nearing a close playoffs is a guarantee with hope of getting promoted through them. Anyway still a fair few games to g yet so i dont want to get ahead of myself. Will have to see what happens in tonights session really

Chesterfield clinch promotion

A good set of results for Chesterfield clincged the 2nd and final automatic prmotion place for Chesterfield, although the loss of our Brazilian wonderkid due to his Minimum Fee Release Clause, Chesterfield stayed strong with some injuries to certain players. A new striker signed from Manchester City on a free transfer was a boost for our runnings next season, against harder and more complexed teams. With what is already by Division 1 standards a thin squad without the loan signing, Chesterfield will have to dip into the already expanding bank balance to bring in some back up players and maybe 1 decent Centre Midfielder, I already had my eye on 1 defender towards the end of the season and when I saw Sheffield United were willing to get rid of him for a bargain 100k i managed to lure him at the 3rd attempt, although he is on high wages, David Raven is sure to be a hit next season for Chesterfield..

Chesterfield's Results

League Cup 3rd Round

Scunthorpe 0 - 3 Chesterfield

Chesterfield Scorers: Colombo, Cook, Lamb

A confident performance has Chesterfield eased past the lack luster Scunthorpe, although they had claimbed a giant killing result against Chelsea, they were no match for Chesterfield.

Division 2

Leicester City 2 - 2 Chesterfield

Chesterfield Scorers: Lamb, Cook

Leicester Scorers: Choutos, Jones

2 first half goals from Chesterfield looked to be enough but a superb comeback from Leicester proved not, Leicester having the majority of chances in the 2nd half managed to squeez in a 90th minute equaliser to share the spoils.

Second Division

Chesterfield 1 - 1 Doncaster

Chesterfields Scorers : Colombo

Doncaster Scorers : Leon Knight

A fairly average Performance from Chesterfield only manage to earn them a point fo the 2nd game in succession Sheffield Wednesday's lead it starting to increase.

Second Division

Notts County 0 - 3 Chesterfield

Chesterfield Scorers: Ellis, Porarinsson 2

Notts County Scorers: N/A

Second Division TOP of Table clash

Shef Wed 3 - 0 CHESTERFIELD

Shef Wed Scorers: Jones, Foy, Wilkinson

Just what Chesterfield didn't need was Shef Wed increasing there lead over us, some poor defending, but fair play to shef wed, they really dominated, also some great keeping by both goalkeepers, Aida's Shef Wed looked certain to take the Div2 title now.....

Second Division

Chesterfield 3 - 0 York City

Chesterfield Scorers: Cook2, Armstrong

Back to winning ways after the disapointment off the loss to championship rivals Shef Wed, 2 goals from the Icelandic International wrapped up the win for Chesterfield

Chesterfield 4 - 0 Oxford

Chesterfield Scorers: Cook 2, Appleby, Peteffer

another high scoring rampage for Chesterfield 2 defenders managed to get on the scoresheet today, some terrific play from Chesterfield but the score could of been worse if it wasn't for the Oxford keeper.

League Cup 4th Round

Chesterfield 2 - 2 Brentford

Chesterfield Scorers: Cook, after ET Carvalho Da Silva Neto

Brentford Scorers: Johnson 2, (2nd goal in ET)

Division 2 Chesterfield put it to First Division Brentford by taking the game to Penalties.....

Salisbury Scored Lita Scored

Lamb Missed Spencer Scored

Cook Missed Gilbert Scored

Colombo Missed Turner scored

BRENTFORD WIN ON PENS!!!

More to Follow at a later date....

Touch and go for Leeds icon_smile.gif

After bringing Leeds out of division two and football oblivion we started our campaign in the first division very brightly. We won our first 4 games on the bounce which seen us top the table for the first 4 weeks of the season. Unfortunatly we slipped up a couple of games and slipped down to 4th. Then i was away for three sessions which is always gonna be harmful leaving it in ur assistants hands. When i came back and found out we were in 9th place i wasn't to disheartend. We were about 8 points away from playoff with about 6 games to go so we still had a chance of gaining promotion. So my first game back in charge and i needed us to get back to winning ways having lost and drew our two previous games. The boys didnt let me down as we entertained the fans to a 6-0 win. And once again we showed how capible we are by beating the next team 4-0. The only problem we have is the teams above keep on winning. Our next game was against Phil's Bristol City. Got to give Phil the credit he deserves after turning Bristol City into a strong team. Its always a good game against Phil as he plays a 4-4-2 like me or sometimes play a 4-3-3 so it can be quite a good even battle. On this occasion i dint feel to strong about getting s result as Phil has a very strong first elevan, and my prediction was right. He stole the show and played me off the park in a 3-1 defeat. Not really what we needed but we have to bounce straight back, which we did.

We are now about 4 points of playoffs with three games to go. In a way its kinda out of my hands now as i need teams to slip up above me for me to capitalize but with a bit of luck we can get there. Even if we do get there its going to be a tough playoff with possible three human managers fighting for the promotion place. With joey doing well at Forest and Matt pumping the pompey train all the way its going to be intrsting finish to the season.

OK, lots and lots has happened in the last 4 sessions. Practically all goodicon_smile.gif

With the season virtually over now. I'm left with two home games and one away game to clinch the title. I'm top of the league by three points, with an unassailable goal difference (+16 on second place).

So pre-season was a toughy ith lots of games and it was a pretty sucessful one at that. My first three games in the new season were all at home, two in the League, and one in the League Cup. Three wins came of this, in very confortable fashion. Then followed an away draw, which let in Stevey to take control of Division One. Four sucessive league victories saw me back to the top.

Again an away league game saw me come unstuck to Millwall securing a draw, which was very annoying. An away League Cup Second Round win against Division One rivals Charlton saw me into the Third Round, and following on from this superb result i secired another two home league victories, against Northwich Vic. and QPR, 2-0 and 3-1 respectively.

The next four league games were "Yoyo Time", an away day defeat to Charlton 3-1, a storming 1-0 away victory at Ipswich, a home draw to Blackburn and another away defeat at the hands of "lowly" Portsmouth 1-0.

The Leage cup was next on the agenda, Newcastle being the opposition, and at St.James' Park, I thought that it would be a pointless game, coming off the back of such poor league form. But my side how has some backbone and was really up for this game, and we dominated proceeding a wonderful display and a 3-1 victory was very much deserved with Isaac Promise having a stormer given a rare starting place.

Again, the League Cup seems to wreak havoc with my promotion plans, with draws against Sheffield United and Leeds away, and a defeat to Coventry at home. A dismal home victory against Reading was the only saving grace, keeping me there or there abouts.

Next I hit a wonderful 8 game winning streak including two League Cup victories, beating Mike's Burnley in the Fourth Round, and Mike's former club West Ham in the Quarters.

An away day defeat at the hands of Joey's Nottingham Forest brought us back down to earth, and we then won three very good games, two in the league and one in the FA Cup at home to Blackburn. Then things started to fall apart again, with a thoroughly entertaining draw at home with Everton, that ending in a 3-3 draw, and a 3-2 away loss to Brentford, made automatic promotion a non starter.

The League Cup has been kind to be in the Semi Final stage, missing Si's Boro and being paired against Brentford was a huge releif. And the emphatic 4-0 home leg win, practically secured us our place in the final against Si.

The FA Cup seems to be in a foul mood, Pairing me with Newcastle again. A home draw did nothing for the confidence after being outplayed for huge chunks of this match. Tiredness showed it's ugly head in the following leage match against Millwall we were lucky to get a draw. Then Northwich beat us. Our second leg of the League Cup was over before it had begun and a 0-0 draw was acceptable.

With games left right and centre, the Newcastle Replay was not needed. But having been the better side, but Lee McKay's deadly finishing was the key, scoring a hatrick from only three shots in the entire match for the home side. Having 9 shots, 7 of which on target, Stevens only managed to bag two. 3-2 being the score. Though this proved to be a huge game for Stevens, who has shown great talent in just so few games.

With only four games left to the League Cup final, injuries and tiredness was a huge problem. Draws with Blackburn and Charlton we're not helpful, but two league wins against Ipswich and QPR helped maintain the pressure.

Then the League Cup final victory against the Boro. Key word for today: Domination. with three players getting 10's and a huge shot tally we played well and thoroughly deserved the victory!

This could have been a bad thing for my league form, but a hard fought victory against Portsmouth at home was welcomed, with Loanee Marinho netting a goal. An awat defeat the Coventry (obviously my bogey team), followed. Then a run of 5 straight league wins, saw me to automatic promotion. Now with only three games left for me this season. I have to maintain my current form and get the Title. Which Will undoubtely be my best moment in the clan, come on the City.

I've got lots of good players here, hopefully most of which will be good in the Premiership!

Cairan Ward is undoubtedly the lead man. Netitng 25 already and an average rating of just under 8, with 22 assists and 17 MoM awards. He is exceptional.

Mark McGregor in centre Midfield has been vital. Scoring 12 times, with some exceptional long range efforts and 10 assists, makes him an asset!

The youngstar Brian Stevens has shone for me this season, being only 17 and scoting 6 goals and 4 assists, he has been very impressive, with some excellent tracking back too!

Marinho is the final man I've been impressed wiht, after being tranfer listed and not wanted at Villa, the misfit has come in, and done a remarkable job, scoring 9 in 14 games.

Looking forward to next year, it's going to be much tougher, but with the added pressure of European Football, I just hope they can step up to the plate so to speak, and do me proud. With the club in good financial shape, I expect to be given a few quid to strengthen, and I probably will look for a striker, and a new goal tender. And hopefully a few loan players.

Great work by Aida, Lee and Jimmy this season. And not to mention Ant.

Archived