Official CMELClan Team Report thread

It was a good win Phil and deserved.

Bristol City being the best team Man Yoo have come across in the last 2 seasons.

We will be bounce back though, but early signs show it could be a tighter title race this year with Aston Villa and Bristol City leading the charge me thinks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i was a little fortunate, and as Jimmy says, Dan's Villa look to be a good bet for a top 4 spot. Dan made a fatal error in selling Braathen, not playing players over the age of 30 is a policy, but not necessarily the best one, even though Braahten is 32 and earning so much money, he is still without doubt one of the best players in the Premiership, if not the World. Early signs are quite good for us, even if we still struggle for a bit of backbone at times.

I'm on the lookout for a new Midfielder as Pearson doesn't seem to be enjoying life at the moment. With only 1 Million to strengthen in the January window, I hope to shift some of the deadwood out of the squad, Ashikodi and Promise being huge burdens on the Wage Budget I currently have.

After a great win against Newcastle we had to play Cardiff away from home.A good win saw us keep up with Man utd in the title race. we won 5-2 with Mendoza getting a hat-trcik and Capoue getting two goals late on.

Next match was at home to Portsmouth as we won 1-0 with a Morgan goal and kept us level on points with Man Utd.

First round of the Uefa Cup against Shakhter Soligorks, A good home win 2-1 only downside was they got an away goal.Kevin Saunders netted twice.

Played Rushden in a close encounter as they went ahead eraly on. Finally won 4-2 with goals from Winter, Saunders and Mendoza 2, Still joint top with Man utd.

Played Chelsea and finally went top of the table after Man utd slipped up at Bristol. We capitilised and won 3-1 with Mendoza getting his hat-trick.

Next match is the second leg against Shakhter Soligorsk.

Great Start to season for Chesterfield, arguably the favourites to go back down this season, great First Game in Div1

A few Loan Signing brought in to bolster the sauad, they Included for a second time around,

Colombo & Lamb, both back from Boro.

And 2 new addition's, both of Man Utd, Lee Gray & Craig Anderson, both strikers, looking to do the damage in Division1.

Players Signed

Adam Watson - 250k Middlesbrough

Benoit Benvegnu - 525k Burnley

Chris Booth - Blackburn - 925k

with these Players i was hoping to get a decent Midtable finish around 13th would be good for my first season.

Chesterfield 6 - 0 Preston

Anderson2, Cook, Appleby, Watson2)

Could believe the start i made, firing 6 in straight away, life was looking good.

League Cup 1st round

Chesterfield 1 - 2 Colchester

Anderson

Not 1 to remember, Poor Goalkeeping & defending, clearly outplayed them.

Crystal Palace 2 - 0 Chesterfield

Crystal Palace one of Fav's to og up

Coventry 3 - 2 Chesterfield

Anderson, Collins OG

another unlucky game, although the own goal came in 90th minute.

more to follow.......

Sluggish Start for Champions

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">1st in English Premier Division

Fixtures

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 5.7.2014 | 15:00 | H | Man Utd Under 19s | Comedy Cup Semi Final | | 3 : 0 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sun, 6.7.2014 | 19:30 | H | Man Utd Reserves | Comedy Cup Final | | 2 : 1 |

| Thu, 17.7.2014 | 19:30 | A | Livingston | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| Tue, 22.7.2014 | 19:30 | A | Wigan | Friendly | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 26.7.2014 | 15:00 | A | Falkirk | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| Tue, 29.7.2014 | 19:30 | A | PSV | Friendly | | 3 : 2 |

| Mon, 4.8.2014 | 19:30 | A | Northwich Vics | Friendly | | 2 : 1 |

| Sun, 10.8.2014 | 14:00 | N | Liverpool | Community Shield | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 16.8.2014 | 15:00 | A | W.B.A. | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Wed, 20.8.2014 | 19:30 | H | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 23.8.2014 | 15:00 | A | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 5 : 2 |

| Fri, 29.8.2014 | 20:00 | N | Middlesbrough | Super Cup | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 3.9.2014 | 19:30 | H | Birmingham | Premier Division | | 6 : 0 |

| Sat, 13.9.2014 | 15:00 | H | Charlton | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Tue, 16.9.2014 | 19:45 | A | Milan | Champions Cup Grp A | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 20.9.2014 | 15:00 | A | Sunderland | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 27.9.2014 | 15:00 | H | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 4 : 0 |

| Wed, 1.10.2014 | 19:45 | H | Maribor | Champions Cup Grp A | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 4.10.2014 | 15:00 | A | Bristol City | Premier Division | | 2 : 3 |

| Sat, 18.10.2014 | 15:00 | H | Burnley | Premier Division | | 5 : 0 |

| Wed, 22.10.2014 | 19:45 | H | Rangers | Champions Cup Grp A | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 25.10.2014 | 15:00 | A | Southampton | Premier Division | | 5 : 0 |

| Wed, 29.10.2014 | 19:45 | A | Liverpool | League Cup 3rd Rnd | | 0 : 2 |

| Sat, 1.11.2014 | 15:00 | H | Derby | Premier Division | | 5 : 0 |

| Tue, 4.11.2014 | 19:45 | A | Rangers | Champions Cup Grp A | | 3 : 1 |

</pre>

Not a great start but we find ourselves top of the league by 3pts over the impressive Aston Villa and top in the CL Group as well.

A tough draw away to Liverpool in the league cup, as my u19's went out to Ant's First XI 2-0. But showed great promise for future.

More reports to follow as big game against Villa comes up....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheese On Toast:

im not sayin anything for obvious reasons <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit of "tinkerage" wouldn't go a miss. Oh i'll loan Lennon off you if you likeicon_smile.gif and i may consider buying him beginnning of next season...

Toner hits the bottle

Reports in the media linking Leeds boss Sexy Stephen Toner1 with heavy drinking sessions have been confirmed. Toner was seen stumbling out of a night club at 02.30 with two blondes on each arm. One of our reporters managed to get a few words with Stephen but we can not repeat what was said, lets say it contained a lot of the F word. Reports that Mr Toner is also turning to rastafarian to sort his personal life out are not that far from the mark. On monday My Sexy Stephen Toner was reported to have been spotted ordering 600 krusty burgers to combat the munchies.

Speaking to the Leeds fans they seemed a bit disheartend,

Paul, Age 22 from Leeds: "The guy needs to get his head screwed on. What kind of example is he setting for the kids? We thought we had a man who cared when he took charge but things have gone pair shaped over the last 3 months."

Jack, Age 67 from Leeds: "This would never happen under Don Revie. In our day the manager was the leader so whats this saying to the team? Go out and get drunk till late and smoke wacky backy? Its unprofessional and a disgrace, time to move on and find a new man!!"

Tracey from Leeds. "He has made mistakes lately but i'll let him off because hes lush"

A club spokeswomen released a statement which said "We have 100% faith the club and its manager can sort these off the field problems out. Since Stephen came to the club we have had a good success ratio but we have just hit a little problem at the moment. As when Stephen came to the club we were desprete for help and now its our turn to help Stevey out."

Uefa cup 1st round

Shakhter Soligorsk - A good win saw us take a 2-1 lead into the second leg.

Rushden : A great 4-2 win kept us up there with man utd.

Chelsea: I though this was going to be a hard much but with chelsea struggling in the bottom 3 we won comfortably 3-1.

Shakhter Soligorsk: A great away tie saw us win 4-2 and send us into the second round of the Uefa cup.

W.B.A : We lost our first game in 8 after a well fought victory by WBA who won 3-1.

Liverpool: My team needed to pick themselves up from their loss and they did it in style by beating Liverpool 4-0.

Bristol City: League cup is over for us as we lost to title contenders Bristol 2-1.

Arsenal: My second loss on the trot as we lose 2-1.

Metalurg Donetsk: Uefa cup second round, A superb win gave us full advantage in the second leg, 3-0 win.

Birmingham: A boring 0-0

Man utd: My worst match so far as they killed me 9-2. My team just didint perform icon_frown.gif

Sunderland: A 3-3 draw and a good point

Metalurg Donetsk: A 1-1 draw saw us safely into round 3.

Middlesbrough: A bad loss as we lost 3-1.

Burnley: A goal-fuelled match as it ended all swaure on 4-4.Lost my chance to go back second as Bristol Lost.

Bristol City: A 9 goal thriller saw us win 5-4 with a late goal.

Southampton: A great win by 4-0 saw us keep up the pressure on the top 2.

Derby: A hard fought 2-1 victory. Only 2 points behind Bristol in Second.

Next match is against Tottenham. Looking to keep the pressure on so i can get the automaticn champions league place, I am only 4 points behind man utd but they have 2 games in hand.

With plymouth currently standing in 15th place it was time to step up a gear and move up the table

Monday session

With plymouth currently in a mid table position things werent looking too bad and infact this session improved upon their position shame how it ended though.

Not a lot was expected from my team to be honest this season as they were undoubtably one of the favourites for the drop. I was planning on proving the media wrong and hopefully keeping my team up in division one.

The session didnt start off too badly as we managed to win our 1st game 1-0 against brentford in what seemed to be a pretty lucky result. Simon cook the scorer and who would of thought after this game he would hit some amazing form which would see him near top of the overall goalscorers in the division.

Next came a win out of the blue. I certainly didnt expect it but i wasnt complaining as it really did show that my team was strong enough to win against division one opposition.

We beat sheffield united 6-1 away a valiant effort from all of the boys. Simon cook managed to get his first hat trick for the club with eddie johnson not far behind him scoring 2 and defender david johnson even managed to get one in the back of the net. Their goal was nothing but a consolation as my side continued to gradually move up in the division one table.

The next game i wasnt here for as i was on holiday so it was all upto my assistant to take over for it. He managed to do me proud by losing yet another game 4-1 against ipswich.

On my return for the next game my goalkeeper managed to keep a clean sheet as we beat walsall 2-0. A good clean display by my players which gave us another 4 valuable points. The strike due scoring both of the goals.

Next we were up against tough opposition blackburn away. They proved to be tough and made my players work for their money. The final score ended 4-3 to blackburn in which was a great encounter. We were unlucky but in the end blackburn did deserve the win i suppose. WIth new striker walker playing also i knew things were gonna be a little harder than usual at least he managed to score 2 though in his first game and bashir added to it.

Last game of the session and what a dissapointing one it was i really dont know what happened to my team as we got thrashed 9-0 by computer controlled opposition west ham. Every shot they had seemed to go in and we couldnt really do much to prevent them. A poor display by almost every single one of my players.

With plymouth standing still in a mid table position things were not looking too bad for plymouth apart from the 9-0 defeat.

If things were to continue like this then im sure my side would just avoid relegation but could plymouth improve even more and possibly get promotion from the first division in their first season up in it. You will have to find out in the next couple of reports in a day or two time.

COULD BRIGGS MAKE IT THIRD TIME LUCKY

nottingham forrest look like finally under manager joey briggs3 going up to the premiership forrest currently find them selves comfortable at the top of the league.

grimsby 3-0 elliot and lowe finding form

millwall 3-0 destroyed old club

qpr 3-0 elliot and lowe and palmer reaklly perfromin

sheff wed 3-0 beat aidas side but luckily game was pretty even but i took my chances better

palace 3-0

chesterfiled 0-0 draw with ants side stopped a run of 6 games 3-0 wins in a borin game

preston 3-3 played class but just couldnt defend

coventry 2-1 1-0 down but late come back sees forrest back to winning ways

cambridge 2-1

reading 1-0

stockport 2-0

blackburn 3-0 team performing clas last few games

leeds 3-0 steveys side unlucky but i deserved it in end

everton 8-0 played everton off the park but like agianst lee they were down top ten men

brentford 2-3 first lost of the season since the second game and brentford played us off there own park.

sheff utd 1-0 back to winning ways but left it late

northwich 2-1

ipswitch 3-0

walsall 3-0

plymouth 1-3 assistant in charge but beaten by lee pay back from earlier in season

west ham 3-0

crewe 2-1 didnt rite down score so im guessing 2-1

stoke 3-2 2-0 up but stoke pulled it back in like the 85th minute then whilst moaning about it on chat room i realized i had scored.

this great part of the season has left foorest i think 11 or 14 points clear so hopefully can be goin up this year with a couple more human teams, if elliot lowe palmer and downing carry on performing like they are im sure i will.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheese On Toast:

and on wednesday i may not be able to come in either. as we are having our carpet ripped up and having wood put down so i dont know where my PC will be, will be here monday though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prevention is better than cure, eh? Stop the dog ****ing on the carpeticon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

Bristol Madrid <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exaktley. I think i've got a good chance of (shouldn't really say it) Champions League Fussball next season. Specially after that excelent goal differenceicon_smile.gif It's practically an extra point!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilipPeck:

and on wednesday i may not be able to come in either. as we are having our carpet ripped up and having wood put down so i dont know where my PC will be, will be here monday though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prevention is better than cure, eh? Stop the dog ****ing on the carpeticon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesnt **** on the carpet no more. but its kind of chewed through the carpet so getting wood down lol

Goals Galore as Man Utd excite the fans

So far, in what has been a tight title race, Man Utd have wowed the fans with some incredible performances mixed in with some average ones too.

Since the defeat away to Phil's Bristol City i knew we weren't going to have it our own way this year. Infact the game after my last session report we went and lost away to Spurs 2-1 as the wheels were seemingly falling off our title pursuit. Luckily though that week Villa drew and their lead was only 1pt.

Villa Humbled by Champions

The first of this weeks big games was up next. Top of the table clash against Danny's Villa. It turned into a nightmare for Danny as Man Utd demolished Villa in a embarrassingly one sided contest. It ended 9-2 with the ever impressive John Henderson grabbing 4.

Derby Winners

The result gave us a huge lift before the Manchester Derby away. We won 4-3 but a little too close for comfort for me as we scored freely but again looked suspect at the back.

A draw at home to Milan in the CL with our 2nd string guaranteed qualification, and the rest for the first team paid off as we were up against my old club Newcastle next.

United Crush Toon Army

It is always nice to play my old side, especially as they seem to be recovering after their demise post Cale. But any feelings were forgotten as my troops went out and destroyed the toon army. It ended 6-0 as we dominated and took our chances. Nice also to get a clean sheet as i got to remind the Newcastle fans of performances under their former boss.

With morale high i was confident of adding the Inter Continental Cup to go with the Charity Shield and Super Cup of this year. It was not to be though as San Lorenzo broke our hearts, they defended well and broke twice to go 2-0 up after 80mins. We pulled a late one back but it was not to be.

A mix of 2nd string and U19's played next, away to Maribor in the CL final group game. A poor performance ensued and we lost disappointingly 2-1. A poor finish to the CL group stage but at least we were through.

Goals Goals Goals

With CL groups out of the way we had 4 premiership matches nicely spread out, so this was a chance for my first team to shine.

First up was Rushden away. Another close game as we scraped home 4-3. Attacking wise we were looking good but at the back we were conceeding far too many.

Without tinkering it, i thought id wait and see how our next game went. Chelsea at home were next. We were 3-1 up after Carranza scored his 3rd on 56mins. But chelsea made it 3-2 a minute later and equalised on 79mins. They could of and should have won it but we held on to a 3-3 draw. Things were not going great at the moment and Kevin Scott paid the price, dropped from Centre Back and with Kevin Howard the youngster getting his chance to shine.

Pompey put to the sword

Next up was a landmark in Championship Manager history for me. I think way back in CM01/02 i won 13-1 with Andri Sigporsson and Willie Howie scoring the goals. But today on the 23rd Dec 2014 the record was broken.

Ant had just taken over as Portsmouth boss after Matt's decision to leave after feeling unwanted. It was his 2nd game in charge. We were leaking goals and i went into this game hoping we could keep a clean sheet and become consistent. I got a bit more than that.

It was 1-0 after 1min, John Henderson scoring withing 40 secs. Our second didnt come until the 17th min, Peter Martin scoring. 3mins later on 20mins Mark Dyer made it 3-0. 3 was the magic number as 3mins later again Henderson grabbed his second and our 4th, 4-0. Henderson was on fire and grabbed his hattrick after 27mins. On 33mins John Rhodes made it 6-0, and Ronaldo chipped in on 38mins to make it 7-0 at ht.

Rather than make any changes i wanted to ram the advantage home, and it paid off. Within 2 mins of the restart Henderson grabbed his 4th and it was 8-0. Now at this point i could individually go through the other goals but ill leave it for now. It finished 15-1, a record for Man Utd, for me, and unfortunately Pompey as well.

Henderson finished with 6 goals, Ronaldo with 3, 2 for dyer and 1 each for Martin, Carranza Rhodes and Alberto.

Harsh for ant but only his second game and with a new tactic for players it was tough especially with the form we found on the day. Despite a similar bad result against Bristol City Ant had turned it around by end of the session.

We didnt quite reach the high's of that game again in the week but managed 2 good wins in the Prem, 3-0 at home to a good WBA side, and 2-0 away to Cardiff. Sandwiched inbetween that was a 3-0 win away to Swindon in the FA Cup with our u19's.

So not a bad week for Man Utd, a 5pt gap at the top of the table and a game in hand and into the knockout stages of the CL as well.

I feel though that the league campaign will get tougher and that we will drop some points somewhere in the run in, its gonna be down though to how Bristol City and Aston Villa cope with the pressures and final run-ins to see just how tight it will be.

Premier Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Man Utd

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Jimmy | Man Utd | | 20 | 16 | 2 | 2 | 85 | 21 | +64 | 50 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Phil | Bristol City | | 21 | 14 | 3 | 4 | 56 | 17 | +39 | 45 |

| 3rd | Danny | Aston Villa | | 21 | 13 | 4 | 4 | 54 | 41 | +13 | 43 |

| 4th | Si | Middlesbrough | | 21 | 10 | 7 | 4 | 34 | 25 | +9 | 37 |

| 5th | | Newcastle | | 21 | 11 | 3 | 7 | 38 | 32 | +6 | 36 |

| 6th | | Birmingham | | 21 | 9 | 7 | 5 | 32 | 27 | +5 | 34 |

| 7th | | Burnley | | 21 | 9 | 6 | 6 | 32 | 27 | +5 | 33 |

| 8th | | Tottenham | | 21 | 10 | 2 | 9 | 32 | 30 | +2 | 32 |

| 9th | | W.B.A. | | 21 | 9 | 5 | 7 | 28 | 26 | +2 | 32 |

| 10th | | Sunderland | | 21 | 9 | 3 | 9 | 30 | 30 | 0 | 30 |

| 11th | | Arsenal | | 21 | 8 | 5 | 8 | 28 | 26 | +2 | 29 |

| 12th | Ant2 | Liverpool | | 20 | 8 | 3 | 9 | 29 | 24 | +5 | 27 |

| 13th | | Derby | | 21 | 7 | 6 | 8 | 20 | 28 | -8 | 27 |

| 14th | | Charlton | | 21 | 7 | 5 | 9 | 28 | 25 | +3 | 26 |

| 15th | | Southampton | | 20 | 7 | 3 | 10 | 17 | 34 | -17 | 24 |

| 16th | | Man City | | 21 | 4 | 7 | 10 | 23 | 38 | -15 | 19 |

| 17th | Ant | Portsmouth | | 21 | 5 | 4 | 12 | 19 | 51 | -32 | 19 |

| 18th | | Chelsea | | 21 | 4 | 5 | 12 | 15 | 35 | -20 | 17 |

| 19th | | Rushden | | 21 | 4 | 2 | 15 | 20 | 45 | -25 | 14 |

| 20th | | Cardiff | | 20 | 0 | 6 | 14 | 9 | 47 | -38 | 6 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Division 1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Bristol City

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Joey | Nottm Forest | | 27 | 21 | 2 | 4 | 75 | 21 | +54 | 65 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Cambridge | | 27 | 15 | 9 | 3 | 50 | 24 | +26 | 54 |

| 3rd | | Crystal Palace | | 27 | 15 | 6 | 6 | 57 | 30 | +27 | 51 |

| 4th | | Brentford | | 27 | 15 | 6 | 6 | 50 | 29 | +21 | 51 |

| 5th | | Reading | | 27 | 15 | 4 | 8 | 45 | 27 | +18 | 49 |

| 6th | Lee | Plymouth | | 27 | 14 | 4 | 9 | 62 | 56 | +6 | 46 |

| 7th |Stevey | Leeds | | 27 | 11 | 9 | 7 | 42 | 33 | +9 | 42 |

| 8th | | Coventry | | 27 | 13 | 3 | 11 | 38 | 41 | -3 | 42 |

| 9th | | Blackburn | | 27 | 11 | 8 | 8 | 41 | 38 | +3 | 41 |

| 10th | Aida | Sheff Wed | | 27 | 10 | 10 | 7 | 36 | 33 | +3 | 40 |

| 11th | | Walsall | | 27 | 11 | 6 | 10 | 37 | 35 | +2 | 39 |

| 12th | | Chesterfield | | 27 | 11 | 6 | 10 | 44 | 45 | -1 | 39 |

| 13th | | Stockport | | 27 | 10 | 8 | 9 | 42 | 32 | +10 | 38 |

| 14th | | West Ham | | 27 | 11 | 3 | 13 | 41 | 41 | 0 | 36 |

| 15th | | Millwall | | 27 | 9 | 8 | 10 | 40 | 43 | -3 | 35 |

| 16th | | Sheff Utd | | 27 | 8 | 6 | 13 | 33 | 43 | -10 | 30 |

| 17th | | Northwich Vics | | 27 | 9 | 3 | 15 | 25 | 40 | -15 | 30 |

| 18th | | Crewe | | 27 | 7 | 7 | 13 | 30 | 46 | -16 | 28 |

| 19th | | Everton | | 27 | 7 | 6 | 14 | 36 | 52 | -16 | 27 |

| 20th | | Ipswich | | 27 | 7 | 5 | 15 | 26 | 45 | -19 | 26 |

| 21st | | Grimsby | | 27 | 6 | 7 | 14 | 22 | 46 | -24 | 25 |

| 22nd | | Q.P.R. | | 27 | 5 | 9 | 13 | 31 | 52 | -21 | 24 |

| 23rd | | Stoke | | 27 | 3 | 10 | 14 | 25 | 43 | -18 | 19 |

| 24th | | Preston | | 27 | 4 | 7 | 16 | 22 | 55 | -33 | 19 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Division 2

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Sheff Wed

| 1st | | Bradford City | | 26 | 14 | 10 | 2 | 43 | 19 | +24 | 52 |

| 2nd | Mike | Fulham | | 27 | 15 | 7 | 5 | 46 | 27 | +19 | 52 |

| 3rd | | Notts Co | | 27 | 13 | 10 | 4 | 33 | 17 | +16 | 49 |

| 4th | | Blackpool | | 28 | 14 | 6 | 8 | 38 | 29 | +9 | 48 |

| 5th | | Torquay | | 27 | 14 | 3 | 10 | 52 | 42 | +10 | 45 |

| 6th | | Barnsley | | 27 | 12 | 6 | 9 | 40 | 33 | +7 | 42 |

| 7th | | Watford | | 26 | 10 | 11 | 5 | 38 | 26 | +12 | 41 |

| 8th | | Lincoln | | 26 | 11 | 7 | 8 | 45 | 25 | +20 | 40 |

| 9th | | Norwich | | 28 | 11 | 6 | 11 | 40 | 36 | +4 | 39 |

| 10th | | Doncaster | | 28 | 10 | 9 | 9 | 28 | 32 | -4 | 39 |

| 11th | | Rotherham | | 27 | 8 | 12 | 7 | 32 | 32 | 0 | 36 |

| 12th | | Bolton | | 26 | 8 | 10 | 8 | 34 | 32 | +2 | 34 |

| 13th | | Hull | | 26 | 9 | 7 | 10 | 33 | 47 | -14 | 34 |

| 14th | | Bournemouth | | 28 | 8 | 9 | 11 | 35 | 37 | -2 | 33 |

| 15th | | Scarborough | | 28 | 9 | 6 | 13 | 41 | 49 | -8 | 33 |

| 16th | | Leicester | | 26 | 9 | 6 | 11 | 35 | 46 | -11 | 33 |

| 17th | | Wigan | | 28 | 7 | 12 | 9 | 22 | 34 | -12 | 33 |

| 18th | | Swansea | | 27 | 7 | 10 | 10 | 38 | 42 | -4 | 31 |

| 19th | | Brighton | | 27 | 6 | 12 | 9 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 30 |

| 20th | | Wimbledon | | 26 | 7 | 9 | 10 | 36 | 43 | -7 | 30 |

| 21st | | Oxford | | 26 | 7 | 7 | 12 | 36 | 43 | -7 | 28 |

| 22nd | | Tranmere | | 26 | 6 | 8 | 12 | 34 | 42 | -8 | 26 |

| 23rd | | Wolves | | 26 | 5 | 6 | 15 | 23 | 41 | -18 | 21 |

| 24th | | York | | 27 | 5 | 5 | 17 | 32 | 60 | -28 | 20 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Tuesday 3rd August session

As the last session left my side in a rather decent position in division one i was hoping that more decent results would come this session and move us up the table even more.

A pretty decent session overall this was as my side put on a fair few decent displays to keep my side up with the big teams in the division.

After the last game that my team had played and lost 9-0 we had to come back with something good and get us back on track.

We started off with a game against crewe where we managed to just outplay them and beat them 2-1 with yassir bashir scoring one of the goals and high goalscorer simon cook adding another one to his tally of goals.

Then my side travelled to stoke city's home ground where we fought a hard match as the game ended 3-3 with both teams having even amounts of chances. A good result for stoke but i feel it wasnt for my side as stoke were relegation candidates and due to my teams recent form it looked as if my side were no longer relegation candidates also.

We then hosted grimsby at our ground and it was looking like another draw up until the 70th minute of the game as it was 1-1. But as soon as that came my team just started to find way's past the grimsby defence easy and slotted in a few goals giving us a 4-1 victory. 4 different players even managing to score.

Chesterfield were the next team we had to face away (ants team at the time). I wasnt too confident for a win this game but my lads proved me wrong and we won 3-0 with no real threat from chesterfield. Simon cook playing a superb game linking up with eddie johnson who also managed to get one.

Again eddie johnson and simon cook managed to score in the next game against millwall moving my team more up the table we could even see the playoff's now. Another clean sheet for a goalkeeper who was performing decent most games.

Another away game next this time against QPR. A superb display by all but simon cook took most of the credit scoring an incredible 4 goals in a 5-0 ass kicking. Eddie johnson scoring the 5th goal in what was a great victory and another clean sheet.

Now we had to face aida's strong sheff weds side. Given my teams form of late i knew this was going to be an entertaining game no matter who won it. Right i was it was entertaining and my team just played that little better. The final score was 3-1 to my side.

Preston were next and what an unlucky game this was. We had countless amounts of attempts but just none of them would go in so the score ended 0-0 although it shouldnt of my side should of won easily as preston didnt really do that much.

After the end of our winning streak came last game against preston we got it back on track by beating coventry 2-0 in a good team play all round. Our goal difference was now not in the minuses which was good and we was just hovering outside playoff's at this point.

End of the session came as we had to face crystal palace last game. As per usual we lost but only 3-2 this time. A close game just a little bit unlucky as we took the loss as just a one off.

With my team still drifting round the 10th place spot after this session things only needed to be improved a little so our position could be improved upon. With the next string of results to come either later on today or tommorow you will see how my team get into the playoff's. More to come soon.......

Didn't mention I was down to 9 men lee icon_biggrin.gif

anyways your going well, hope you get promotion, you deserve it concidering all your bad luck

Another Monday Another Session

Well Girls and Boys and Lee, we find ourselves at the start of another session. We find the premiership race is still on as Jumpin Jack Flash Jimmy tries to secure another title closely followed by Phisically challenged Phil, who has pushed all the way. Dangerous Danny is still in with a shout if he can make all the remaining sessions. Ageist Ant2 has had problems finding his feet this season in the league languishing around mid table, lets hope he can pull Liverpool up the table and avoid a nasty sacking situation. And we are left with Anti-social Ant. I was thinking he was gonna stay with Chesterfield and take them to premiership glories but the idea of reuniting with old freinds and collegues from Portsmouth must have been too much. Not the best start Ant would have planned for but im sure Portsmouth will move forward after time.

Now we shift our attention to the First Division. We have seen Jinxed Joey finally break the Forrest hodo that has kept them in the first division for three seasons. Looks like we have a winner already in Nottingham Forrest. Lizard tounged Lee Owens is having a stormer this season. He sees himself sat in the playoffs just infront of myself. He has had a great season managing to turn Plymouth into promotion possibilites. Agro Aida is always gonna be dangerous. At the moment he hangs around the 10th position but everyone knows Aida can produce results so keep your eye on Sheff Wed.

At Leeds we have a few problems but im thinking a playoff spot is a possibility. Getting there will be easier then the final as i can see Lee and Aida getting there too. Best of luck Bithches icon_smile.gif

And last but not least we have Musical Mouthed Mike. Another manager who left the premiership for second division enlightenment. Mike is on course to bring Fulham up this season as we expected. Lying around second place Mike will no doubt want to finish top after missing out through the heartache of the playoffs last season.

So there we go. Lets take as sip of the wine and do battle with the mind icon_smile.gif

Last wednesday session report

After ending last session with a 3-2 defeat we started this session with a defeat also. We lost 2-1 to cambridge although my side outplayed them for the majority of the game.

A little unlucky and we should of came away with the 3 points not 0.

Next game in an attempt to lift my players morales we needed a win it didnt happen as the score stayed 0-0 against reading away. A goal got disallowed but apart from that not much action either side of the pitch.

Next a clash against top of the league notts forest. After the last thrashing we got by them we needed to seek our revenge. We did as we beat them 3-1 in what was a remarkable win. The sub that came on in the 2nd half changed the game totally and won us the game.

Next game was approaching and it was against stockport away. We also managed to beat them 3-1 in another well deserved victory and great team display.

Stevey's strong leeds side were next and boy was it hotting up to be a great game. It was and all the action in the game was great. 6 goals being scored in total in this thriller of a game. The final score ended 4-2 to my side in a game which i thought was going to be much closer than what it was.

The fa cup 3rd round then came we went out as the cup curse striked again. 4-1 we lost to a not so good crystal palace side as they didnt have that many attempts in total.

Last game of the session and we got our asses kicked 5-1 by brentford. The worst display in ages for my side and i wasnt happy with it.

Anyway if the season continues on like it is doing my team is actually looking quite good for the playoff's. However at least my side seemed to of secured there stay in division one for another season which is all i wanted in the first place. More to come after the sessions this week on how my team do in the closing stages of yet again another action packed season.

sorry for the misunderstanding. my mate is trying to start a clan so he asked me to post in here as he is on the championshipmanager site.

And dumb me posted it in the wrong one :embarrassed: dont worry im not trying to look for another game. unless i dont make it in this 1.

sorry for misunderstandment

Briggs gets Forrest promoted 3rd time lucky

Joey Briggs3 has finaly got nottingham forrest back in the prem even though his ex assitant nearly mucked it up for briggs and forrest.

stoke 3-2

grimsby 3-0

chesterfield 3-1

qpr 2-1

sheff wed 1-1

millwall 6-2

preston 3-0

coventry 1-3

palace 2-2 assitant

cambridge 2-3 assitant

reading 1-3 assitant

stocport 2-2 assitant

blackburn 1-2 assitant

brentford 1-1

leeds 1-0

everton 4-2

sheff utd 4-2

northwich 2-0

ipswitch ?? assitant

briggs left his assitant a 12 point lead over 2nd and just aswell he did becuz he left him in charge for 5 games and he only achieved 2 points he came back with just a 4 point gap but still managed to win the championship and will next year be mixin it up with the big boys

Monday session report

The end of yet another season was fast approaching and things were looking up for plymouth and their boss Lee Owens. With a playoff finish in mind Lee knew that his team only had to win a few more games to achieve that.

Although putting the assistant in charge for the tuesday and wednesday session doesnt seem too good its their only option. I just hope he can bring my team sucess and improve upon where i left my side in this session in a nice 4th place not too far behind 2nd.

With a couple of signings in mind for next season depending on where i finish i knew my side were going to be one that were ever improving.

Anyway here is how my final session of this season went. Overall it went quite well but started off a little shaky and a crash of the game didnt help much either.

It all started off against sheffield united at home. The first time round we won this but due to the game crashing we lost 2-1 this time a little harsh maybe but it happens. At least agostinho managed to get his first ever goal for the club in this game.

Next we had to play another home game this time against everton. We managed to just scrape a win out of this as we beat them 1-0 with simon cook adding to his tally of goals. A clean sheet for the keeper also which was good.

First away game of the session and it was against northwich victoria. We won 3-1 in a beautifully played game. Although northwich didnt really put up much of a fight and didnt technically score as my new defender signed from blackburn danny hayes netted an own goal for them and it was only his 2nd appearance what a start for him. Simon cook grabbed 2 goals and stand in striker jon green also got one to put us in the driving seat.

Then came a game which we didnt score in at all which doesnt happen much to be honest. A rather quiet game with not too many chances. Walsall just edged it a little by getting the 1 goal that meaned the most.

After the last games disappointing performance and loss we picked ourselves up in this one as we beat blackburn 3-0 with the goalkeeper keeping another clean sheet. Simon cook scoring 2 of the goals and ian armstrong scoring another.

Another good win came now this time against ipswich and the score was 4-1 to us. No one really played that well on my side except goal scoring machine simon cook who got all the 4 goals. Even though at some points the victory was looking unlikely but simon cook made sure we got it in the end by putting on a fabulous display.

Up against west ham at home. A tough game this was which seen a lot of possession from both teams. We lost 1-0 in the end though as my keeper had an appauling game and theres what a suprise got a rating of 9.

Final game of the session and what a game it was it seen 2 reds cards be shown aswell as injuries. Also a 6 goal game aswell so a lot of action was in this game. It started off fairly close and my side didnt really break through until the second half as we took the lead then and kept it. The final score was 4-2 to my team with eddie johnson getting a hat trick and ian armstrong scoring the 4th goal.

Well a great end to another session and season infact as it finished in yesterdays session. My team managed to finish in 4th in division one and get into the playoff's.

Unfourtunately my assistant was in charge of playing the playoff's and lost in the semi's of them 2-0 to cambridge.

A great first season in division one nevertheless just hope my side come back stronger next season and hopefully get the promotion they should of got this season just gone. For now thats it a pre season report to come soon.......

United Cruise to title

Despite one the closest title race for a couple of seasons, United were never really troubled as they stood firm and clinched their 3rd successive title.

A good challenge from Phil with Bristol city, and Danny at Villa also up there as well.

With the league won, we had 2 finals to look forward to. The FA Cup and the Champions League.

Liverpool Deny United Domestic Double

With the first team rested for a week i thought we were in a prime position to take the Cup for the second year running. It was not to be as we didnt turn up to be honest as Liverpool (Ant2's Asst) played us off the park, ending up deserved 2-1 winners.

Revenge could be had though as we had Liverpool in the Champions League final too, just 4 days later.

United Gain Revenge

After the earlier loss i was determined that we wouldnt end up with just 1 trophy this season. Despite the shock of the FA Cup final i thought now match ready my team could do the "double" and win the Champions League for the 3rd year running.

We played much better this time around as Liverpool had no answer to us. We ran out 3-0 winners and were crowned kings of Europe again.

Goals Record Broken

This season we managed to beat last years new record of goals scored in the Premiership. A superb record to break 2 seasons in a row, as even though we conceeded over 40 goals we netted around 135 this season. A great achievement, centered around the partnership of Henderson and Bull (netted 70 goals between them, 35 in last 12 games). With backup from Carranza and Oskarsson, and with Dyer, Rhodes and Ronaldo also chipping in.

New Season - A new Challenge?

With the new season fast approaching rumour has it that i may be looking for a new challenge this season. It is true that i did state that if the Cardiff job did become available then i would seriously consider it, and was shocked when the Man Utd board decided to publically reprimand me despite the levels of committment shown to the club in the last 5 years.

I am however still manager of Man Utd and will continue to do my best for them. A fact proven by the free signings on Guarin and Todorov on Bosmans and also the wonderkid Ian Davidson from Valencia who at 15m is worth every penny.

With youth players continuing to knock on the door and the quality i have in my first team i am sure that Man Utd have a squad that no one else can rival.

Well to keep up the trend, here is my season review.

Phil - Bristol City

Great season for Phil, 3rd in league in 1st season, won the UEFA cup and won the League cup. Built a great squad and this year must be favourites to push United for the title. If rumours are true and Cale leaves United, could instantly become bookies favourite for title.

Ant - Portsmouth

Thought Ant was dead and buried after 15-1 and 10-0 defeats, but turned it around brilliantly and got Portsmouth from 17th to 8th in second half of season. Building another good team and will be in the hunt for CL place this year.

Danny - Villa

A great year for Danny, a great start and was right up there til mid season. Stayed in touch though and had a great end of season to clinch 2nd place behind United. With some new signings could Villa be the dark horses this year??

Wiggy - Newcastle

Joined during second half of season, got some good results, but losing Todorov and Guarin is a big blow but i still see him challenging for CL spot.

Ant2 - Liverpool

Probably cost them league places by missing last 2 sessions. Assistant though got them to CL final and even won the FA Cup. Bit of an up and down side but if they perform and Ant turns up then could be top 5.

Joey - Nottm Forest

Forest walked Div 1 this year, despite Joey's Assistants best efforts. Looks a solid team and had some shrewd loan signings last year. Needs to buy some players to build and squad and consolidate Premiership status.

Lee - Plymouth

What happened here? 4th in Div 1 in first season!?! Plymouth performed extremely well this year and with lee improving the squad i think they can clinch promotion this year. That is if Lee makes more sessions and his Asst doenst cock it up icon_smile.gif

Stevey - Leeds

Another unlucky year for Stevey as he missed out on playoffs again on last day. Maybe a couple of loan signings this year to bulk up squad and he can push for automatic promotion.

Aida - Sheff Wed

A disappointing season for Aida as Sheff Wed struggled in Div 1. Im sure Aida will pull it around though with some bargain buys and some loan signings.

Mike - No Club

After disappointment of missing out to lee in Playoff final last year, Mike again missed out in playoffs. Well he was sacked after last game of season, despite getting to playoffs. A bit harsh in my book but with Mike's rep he should find another club soon.

Si - Bristol Rovers

After being away due to moving house, Si came back to Middlesbrough. His assistant hadnt done too badly but Si felt it was time to move on and take on a less pressurised job due to new house and new baby icon_biggrin.gif So Si left Middlesbrough and became new Bristol Rovers manager towards last 3rd of season. Were in playoff hunt last game of season but didnt quite manage to sneak in. But with some already good signings i think Bristol Rovers will take Div 3 by storm, despite Si's obvious more important things at the moment.

Fantastic Season Overall by Portsmouth!!

After Leaving Chesterfield just under half the way through the season, the option of Portsmouth opened up with the suprised Resignation of Matt Hooker, straight away I was interested in my home Town Club, where i had started my career. After Bringing Chesterfield up from Division 2 the previous season, and left them in 9th when I left, I thought i had done a pretty good job, and had taken them as far as I can, with a low budget compared to other First Division Clubs, and relatively small aquad, I decided to move on and take Over Premiership Portsmouth.

My first Job at Portsmouth was to sort out the terrible wage problem, with such Players as Stephen Carr who wasn't even playing on £15,000 a week and also some of the reserve players who I didn't need who were on a total of £27,000 between them, after reducing the wage total from £180k over too 95k over I was happy enough to bring in fresh face. I already had 2 of my old Chesterfield Boys there, who were snapped up my Matt earlier in the Season, Da Silva Neto - the brazilian wonder, and Jamie Cook a young striker with bags of potential. with the Squad Desperately needed a good goalkeeper I couldn't get hold of 1 so i had to make do with Joyce icon_mad.gif. and with the squad desperately short on Midfielders. Just before my first game in charge of Portsmouth away to Simon's (at time) Middlesbrough, managed to bring in James Pearson from Aston Villa for 75k, also signed Justin Daniels a D/F~R for 130k from WBA.

First Game in charge at Middlesbrough wasn't won for the scrap-book, suffered a heavy defeat, the Final Score being 5-2, Cerci & Marinho with the goals for us.

Next on the list was the tricky task of trying to overcome the Champions of Man Utd who were currently lieing on top, being fought closely by Danny's Aston Villa, and Phil's Bristol Madrid icon_wink.gif

Well The game against Man Utd was a complete disatser the whole team fell apart, 1-0 down after 1 minute, and 7-0 down at Half Time, i was Livid with my team and in an attempt to make the score line not a disater, brang on Tim Janssen, but nothing came of it, before long i was 10-0, then finally a bit of magic from the Italian Striker, Alessio Cerci we SCORED!!!!! GOALLLLLL.

and in the end we lost 15-1 icon_biggrin.gif, we were pathetic, well the keeper, who I vowed never to play again.

Well done Jimmy, i think you just deserved that one

Next Game was at Home to Bristol Madrid icon_wink.gif was hoping for a better score line than the previous game, had to put the amazing goalie Joyce (dun dun dun) back in icon_rolleyes.gif

which basically gave Phil the match from square one.

A better match than the games against United this only ended 10-0. Another poor performance 3 games gone, and already the board were on my back, didn't think i would be in this job long.

Next Game was against Cheltenham in the FA Cup, was expected to win but wasn't taking any risks following the 3 previous matches, put out a strong squad including Joyce (dun dun dun)..

In the end overcame Cheltenham easily Final Score being 5-0 a couple from Cerci & Janssen.

Just before this game i had brang in 2 new players, both Midfielders, Paul Harris a superb Midfielder, signed from Burnley for 1.3m & Nick Smith from Shef Utd for 200k. also got the transfer of daryl fordyce completed for the end of the season.

Next Game was a toughie against Burnely, a evenly matched game that ended 1-1 in the end, cerci the goal scorer for us, Helder Postiga equaliser for Bunrley.

Next Match was the local derby between ourself and Southampton, at St Mary's. A tricky game but Southampton jsut edged it taking all 3 points with a 2-1 win, i was getting to know my team better now, hopefully some good stuff to follow this, and my first league win, Currently in 17th.

Another away match this time against high flying Burnley we opened the scoring with a goal through Cerci, but Eliakwu (Ian) equalised just before the end for a point a piece, could of and should of won that game, god knows how we didn't.

Next Game was a very close game where we saw our first 3 points of the season come under new manager, a very close game that ended 5-4 goal from cerci, harris, person & Cook

Rotherham away in the FA Cup 4th Round was the next game, Portsmouth were the brighter of the 2 sides in a game that several key players including Cerci were rested 0-0 Final Score.

Aston Villa were the next travellers to Fratton Park as Danny's 2nd placed Villa were favourites for this game, a very close game, which indicated at Hlaf Time in the 1-1 Score line. the 2nd half livened up alot a hatrick from Parker gave us the 3 points, 4-3 Final Score.

During this time my goalkeeper problems were mounting so i brought in Matt Perry on loan from Aston Villa. Also managed to sign the U21 German goalkeeper tobias braun for 400k

FA Cup 4th Round Replay

Vs Rotherham, another close game between these 2 sides, but 3-3 at Full Time sent the game into Extra Time, then Rotherham scored 120th min which sent Pompey crashing out.

Goals scored by Cook2, Parker

Portsmouth Vrs Man City (Premiership)

First Half was dominated by Man City who took a 1-0 lead going into half time, 7 goals in the 2nd half for Pompey wrapped the game up nicely, moving up the table well now.

Portsmouth Vs Newcastle (Wiggy)

A Brilliant match for the Portsmouth faithful 6-1 at half time against the former champions, what else could you ask for? Da Silva Neto sent off just after the break, we managed to score 2 more goals through Parker & Cerci but Full Time, Portsmouth 8-1 Newcastle.

Hatricks for both Janssen & Cerci

Next was the trip to Jimmy bound Cardiff again another walk over, although Cardiff hadn't managed a win all season, Portsmouth were finding form nicely now, goals scored by Parker, Cerci & Janssen.

Charlton were the visiters to Fratton Park next, a good all round performance by everyone, first clean sheet in a while also, game finished 2-0, goals scored by Pearson & Janssen

Portsmouth Vs Rushden & Diamonds

Climbing Nicely up the table, in the hunt for a top 10 finish took a tumble in this match, a game we should of won saw us struggle against Rushden, a Full Time score of 1-1 goal Scored by Parker.

Chelsea Vrs Portsmouth

A very entertaining yet strange affair between the 2 clubs, Chelsea in a relegation battle struggled to death in the first 45, being 6-1 down at half time with Cerci scoring 4, then Chelsea came out fighting for there lives and brang 3 goals back almost instantly, and before long it was 6-4, chelsea were looking dangerous, lucky the defence did there job and prevented anything else happening, Full Time Portsmouth 6 - 4 Chelsea.

Portsmouth Vrs WBA (Premiership)

Was going to be a tough game, but we went 2-0 up quickly, WBA pulled 1 back on 12mins, but most of the battling for this game was done in the midfield, Freddy William Thompson has a penalty superbly saved from Matt Perry on 55mins, but WBA pulled an equaliser back not long after that, but fortunately Subsitute Tim Janssen was on hand to knock one in 10mins from Time. Final Score Portsmouth 3 - 2 WBA

Liverpool Vrs Portsmouth

Didn't stand a chance from the kick Off, an injury struck aquad reached crisis point with no Cerci or Janssen, Harris & Yahioua out from Midfield, but we were totally ripped apaprt by Liverpool, Cavenaghi & Le Tallec doing the main damage, Full Time Liverpool 5 - 1 Portsmouth

First defeat in a while.

2 arranged transfers for August, Tolo Kinnersley a Swazi International icon_biggrin.gif and Gary Jackson also on a free from Zaragoza.

Arsenal were the next visitors too Fratton Park an other action packed game where the 3 points ended up Pompey's, game was lloking like a draw until 19 year old wonderkid Turnbull hit a powerful shot low which found the net, Full Time 3-2 to Portsmouth.

Season drawing to a close now & believe it or not Portsmouth are in the hunt for a european Place, after being 17th when i took over, incredibly there now lying 9th in the table, level on points with the next opponents Birmingham, this game was looking fairly even until Portsmouth a double from Cerci unsettled Birmingham, Marinho & Blke finishing of the Brum, FT Birmingham 2 - 4 Portsmouth, upto

8th icon_smile.gif

Next on the list was a grudge match against Jimmy's Man Utd who had previously beaten us 15-1, with no joyce in goal (hooray) thing looked promising and with the League already confirmed to be Man Utd, Cale fielded a batch of this Under 19's, anyway they never stood a chance completely outplayed by the Skillful and fluent football of Portasmouth, FT Portsmouth 7 - 0 Man Utd

2 Games to go.....

Sunderland were the next team to upset Portsmouth, but it never happened another stron performance which could earn Portsmouth European Football if all other results go there way, Portsmouth walked this game, with Cerci the start man, Confotably beating Sunderland 6-0. Unfortunatly Liverpool won which meant Highest we could now get would be 5th.

Final Game of the season was incredibly tense against level on points with us Middlesbrough, with Boro having +3 better goal difference.

And Hoping WBA & Newcastle both lost, again both results went against us, but we did what we needed to do and Beat Middlesbrough by 4 goals to 1, which earnt us 7th placed, i was over the moon with this final position as when i took over i was in 17th..

Hopefully European Football will be a Success and Portsmouth can improve upon a joint highest finish ever of 7th in the Premiership...

I wasnt here for Tuesdays session so i dont know what went on with my team. The sessions i was here, here we go.

Tottenham - we won 2-1 after a hard Tottenham team held us back for most of the match.

FA Cup 3rd Round Fulham - a great win 4-2 saw us advance into the 4th round but Fulham werent an easy push over. We had to work very hard for our victory.

Charlton - Another close match but we overcame a strong Charlton side to win 3-2.

Man City - We overcame a lacklustre City side as they posed no threat. We rarely got out of second gear and thrashed them 5-0.

Newcastle - A tough match for both sides as we both cancelled each other out. 2-2 was a fair result.

Cardiff - I felt sorry for cardiff this afternoon as we demolished then 10-0, They didnt stand a chance as my team just dominated from first to last.

FA Cup 4th RoundMiddlesbrough - We didnt perform well at all today as i was looking to get my first silverware in my first season. This didnt happen as a strong Middlesbrough side beat us 3-1.

Portsmouth - i was so frustrated after this match as we had been winning throuhgout the match and lost in the 90th minute.

Rushden - After losing two straight games i was wanting to get back to winning ways. We did as we ran Rushden ragged and won 4-0.

Chelsea - A bad game as we couldnt beat a struggling Chelsea side. 1-1.

W.B.A - A good win but i wanted tehre to be more goals.

Wasnt here for this session so cant really tell you about my results.

Uefa Cup 3rd round 1st leg - Schakle 04 0-0

UEFA Cup 3rd ROund 2nd LEg - 1-0, Win 1-0 Agg.

UEFA Cup 4th round Leg1Bristol City - 2-3

Arsenal - 1-0

Birmingham - 2-2

Uefa Cup 4th round leg2 1-1 (Lose 4-3 Agg)

Man Utd - 2-2

Sunderland - 3-1

Middlesbrough 0-0

Bristol City - 1-2

Burnley - 2-1

Southampton - 0-0

Liverpool - 2-0

Derby - 2-0

A great season saw us finish second against a strong Man Utd side. I was very pleased about this as it was my first season in charge.

Am hoping for some new faces to strengthen my team.

I won't bore you with all the details, but what a fantastic season for Bristol City. We retained the League Cup, excellent work against Wiggy's Maggies. A third place finish in the Premiership, behind two solid sides. Very pleasing to say the least. Then with a very good victory against Valencia, we managed to take the Uefa Cup, obviously icon_biggrin.gif McGregor was superb, as well as the usual suspects, and special mention for John Scott.

With the offseason we strengthened mainly from Free Transfers. In came:

Elcio - a strong and powerful left back, of Brazilian origin, brought to England by Banach. I would have thought that he would be starting regularly. Hopefully getting a good run of games will earn him some International Caps.

Danilo Arrieta - a gifted forward, not done too well at Sunderland, but will be a very useful reserve, able to play on either wing and up front.

Mark Simpson - a stunning young Centre Half from Sturm Graz, has all the atributes required to be a possible great. Although poor in Europe in previous seasons, he hopefully will partner Harris this season.

Eric Ruiz - the young French international came from Gladbach, scored 10 in 20 games last season, but has undoubted class, and will again be a superb reserve.

and Craig Bowman - the Scottish veteran is very versatile and has some great statistics from his time at Rangers. Again more of a squad player rather than someone who is going to start every match.

I am currently on the lookout for a quality keeper, Dean Poole has been at fault for most of my teams goals this season, and with an average rating of around 6.6 he really needs shooting. I am tempted by a couple of players but it seems however that nobody is selling!!! And I think unfortunately Kevin Amankwah will be playing in his last season for Bristol City, a tremendous club player, and with his exceptionally good form and playing level, he made his England debut at the age of 33 in the Confederations Cup! Great Stuff.

This season I hope McGregor will get his chance at International Level, gaining a huge reputation in such a short space of time. Scoring the goal of the season, and also getting 3rd place in the Player of the Season vote. Also Brian Stevens has been playing well, securing Young Player of the Year, and gaining some under 21 Caps, a great player in the making!

Archived