Official CMELClan Team Report thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all started off with a mini session last monday as it was pre season for the new season.

With a couple of new faces being brought into my side this season i was hoping to strengthen my side and hopefully perform better in the premiership this season but so far it aint looking too good.

With defeat after defeat I am worrying about my position at the club even though i have achieved a fair bit at plymouth it may soon be too late to sort it all out.

The new players in this season are:

James knight - expected to be a sub mainly and score when he is brought on.

Karim Coue - The 16 year old french youngster really looks hot but still has a lot to learn to play like a professional footballer.

Matthew Rogers - A right back mainly a back up for the team hopefully strengthen my defence a little.

James Woodsworth - Signed from cambridge this youngster is also looking hot and is a defender.

Well after signing 4 players it was time for the new season to begin and it didnt start off well at all.

Opening game against new boys rushden managed by dan a shocker of a game for my team. After going one up it just all fell apart and we soon found ourselves trailing 3-1 his team fully deserved the 3 points.

Next game was against phils rushden. We managed a 0-0 draw in this which pleased me but the next game didnt.

Usually against jimmy's cardiff side we tend to just edge it and get the win but this time we got hammered 6-0 a poor result which obviously showed which team had gotten better since the last time my side met jimmy's.

So that was it another new season start and not a very good one lets hope things would pick up but they didnt.... report to follow

So tuesdays session came and knowing that my assistant was to take over on the wednesday session i had to sort my team out and hopefully move them up the table a lot unfourtunately it didnt really happen and we lost more games again.

The first game was against middlesbrough. A good fight was put up here but we ended up losing 4-2 to them away.

Then we had to face birmingham away which ended 3-3 and we could of even won it as supersub jon green came on and grabbed 2 goals to earn my side the point.

After the last game with jon green playing exceptionally well i decided to give him a first team spot to see if he could add some of his magic to my side we won 1-0 with simon cook getting the goal so it worked.

Next came the league cup game against kidderminstar as usual we had all the shots but they somehow managed to win taking the game into penalties.

A great win next as my team kept a clean sheet against tottenham away by beating them 3-0. A great result which was much needed. Dean booth grabbing one of the goals his first of the campaign.

Blackburn were next on the list as this game was held to a 0-0 draw. A rather boring game with both teams trying a lot but not producing much.

The end of the session came and it ended with a very poor defeat against struggling aida's sheff weds at the time. Although it was against his assistant we still couldnt win.

So the outlook for the season is pretty dull with loads of defeats happening all the time who knows what will happen to me managing them we will just have to see. The next session didnt get any better as my assistant took over and didnt obtain that many points and left them in a poor 18th position hopefully things look up this session.

Cardiff Make History

Another season has flown by and despite having what i would not consider to be the best squad ive had during the clan, Cardiff have achieved what no other team has done.

First up was the league cup, and other than the Charity Shield, our first trophy of the season. Our youth did us proud in early rounds, and with the 2nd XI wanting to impress we ended up winning the competition and defeating Birmingham in the final.

\o/ Cardiff Win League Cup \o/

Defending the Premiership is something i am used to, although this year Ant's Portsmouth pushed right until the end and made it one of the tightest finishes yet in 15 seasons. But a good late run saw us eventually finish 10pts clear. Another Premiership title, thats 2 in 2 years and our second trophy was sealed.

\o/ Cardiff are Premiership Winners \o/

The feat of winning the Premiership was more impressive considering we had also reached the final of the FA Cup and also the Champions League in our first season in it. A tough FA Cup final against Dan's rushden saw us deserve a 1-0 HT lead. But Rushden stormed back and deservedly levelled half way through the second half and the game ended 1-1. With 11 mins to go in ET Rushden scored a screamer, and at 1-2 down i thought the clean sweep dream was over. Up steps David Davies who snatches a 118min equaliser and the match went to pens. Our luck was obviously with us and we eventually won 3-2 on pens.

\o/ Cardiff Win the FA Cup \o/

And so to the final chapter, the Champions league final in our first year. Up against none other than Bristol City managed by Phil's assistant. We had lost 5-1 to these not long ago and with Turner out inj and David Davies suspended we were looking ropey. But fear not as Cardiff once again proved people wrong as after a boring first half we dominated the second to record a comfortable 2-0 win.

\o/ Cardiff are Champions of Europe \o/

So there you have it, in one season, Charity Shield Winners, League Cup winners, Premiership Champions, FA Cup winners and Champions League Winners. A truly remarkable performance, especially given the tightness of some results and the relatively small squad here compared to when i was at Newcastle and Man Utd.

This season we had secured Adam Bull, got Peter Martin on a permanent deal and also got Mark Dyer during Jan window all from Man Utd as they provided the bulk of experience. But also our defence must be mentioned with Gcaba our south african DC and Murray our young English DC becoming a great partnership. With Barton, Wilkie and Thomas roaming the wings we had a terrific season and one that i wont forget.

So the 14th season came to an end with my plymouth side underachieving and finishing 19th in the premiership getting relegated.

The good news was that i kept my job which i didnt expect. Back to division one then for another season and the board expectations are very high.

Lets hope i can sort my team out for the new season and bring in a couple of decent buys to strengthen my side and hopefully come straight back up into the premiership.

With a decent argentinian already on the way and possibly a couple more players things are not looking too bad. Also given 5 million to spend on players also is a very nice bonus.

A full report to come and end of season reports also to come but for now thats it.

Important Announcement

Due to unforseen circumstances other words our clan host leaving after hosting the clan for a very long time we have decided that this clan is no more.

Thanks to everyone who was in the clan at some point and thanks to the various people that have hosted our game and helped make our clan one of the best out there.

Im very sorry to have to say this but CMELClan is no more.

The good news is though that we should be back for fm2005 when its released and will be taking on a couple of new members then so apply nearer the time.

Once again CMELClan is no more icon_frown.gif

Its always sad when things come to a end icon_frown.gif

But i had a class time icon14.gif

Had some great games over the time and played gainst some very good managers. Enjoyed seeing a 30+ farther spitting his dummy and fuming over the love of winning on champ manager, cheers si icon_wink.gif

Enjoyed seeing members coming in and meeting Ant for the first time and then leaving...lol..its been a good laugh...Thanks

Looking forward to FMELC when FM2005 arrives to deprive us of our life and make us scream at a monitor icon_smile.gif

jimmy if you still got the game file could you send it to me cheers mate. Contact me when you can thanks. Only about another month or so until FMELClan will start for definate so until then all enjoy yourselves icon_smile.gif

just to let all know jimmy, simon and stevey have now been given all admin powers for the clan website and are able to help maintain it. This will mean that the website will be updated much more and more new things will be added. The new fmelclan game should begin roughly 2 weeks after fm2005 is released so roll on fmelclan. Currently taking a few new members on i think there is roughly 7 of us old members still in maybe a few more

Currently got 11 members ready for the new game which means 1 space available although not sure about 2 of them. Can aida please contact me and let me know if you still in the clan for the start of fm cheers mate and ant or joey could you contact ben and let me know if he's still in cheers icon_smile.gif

Out of those 11 there is one new arrival and 2 old members coming back there will be a list here once we have 12 confirmed.

After a few people contacting me some old and some new i have the current list for all the people that are starting with us when our game resumes this time on fm2005. Here is the list of players in as it stands at the moment. If any of you happen to pull out please let me know on this thread thanks.

Currently got all our 13 members confirmed but i will allow that to stretch to 14 if aida contacts me and is still in.

Lee Owens (Me)

Jimmy Cale

Simon Murphy

Ant Banach

Joey Briggs

Ben Crawford

Stevey Toner

Aida (If confirms)

Mike Law

Fran Cochrane

Ricardo Servini

Emir Karakurt

Michael Adesola

Abhirarm Chandrasen

Everyones teams will be picked nearer the time which will be roughly 2 weeks after fm comes out to give you all a little bit of time to practice on it. Your all able to pick whichever club in england you want but the previous members of the clan that stayed till the very last will get first picks.

With the hosting it looks like jimmy may be hosting again but i will be upgrading my computers ram also just for backup incase anything was to happen. Enjoy yourself all and look forward to speaking to you all when the new game kicks off icon_biggrin.gif

A few updates are that firstly i have now recieved the old clan game file from jimmy so updating the clan website will commence within the next couple of days with me and stevey updating it possibly si and jimmy helping also.

Also if a mod could change our clan titled under the established clan bit where the link to our site is to FMELClan not CMEL Clan that would be great thanks as FMELClan is the proper name of our clan.

As you already know all the members have been confirmed remember if you are to drop out please notify me sooner rather than later so that i can get replacements quicker.

This thread also will be the same one used for our new game as i feel we dont really need to open up a brand new thread. Could mods also rename this thread to FMELClan Official Team Report Thread thanks.

One more thing enjoy the rest of time away from the beautiful game and speak to you all when we do finally start on fm.

Evening boys, good to see the clan still rolling on. I've only just got time to start replying to messages sent etc. I've just started back at Uni so all the **** hit the fan and have been rushed off my feet.

Lee, if you get a space for me I'd very much like to play but if there isn't any room I understand chief.

Cya Later.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Archived