Official CMELClan Team Report thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well unfortunately we couldnt manage promotion this year but all is not lost. Another year in the 1st division is going to be intresting with 5 (if i remember correctly) human managers battleing it out for promotion.

Its time to rebuild and get Leeds to where they belong and start pushing Man UTD who are just walking everything.

Well done to all the managers who achieved something this season. I'd name yas all but i just cant remember who won what, its the thought that counts icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Well unfortunately we couldnt manage promotion this year but all is not lost. Another year in the 1st division is going to be intresting with 5 (if i remember correctly) human managers battleing it out for promotion.

Its time to rebuild and get Leeds to where they belong and start pushing Man UTD who are just walking everything.

Well done to all the managers who achieved something this season. I'd name yas all but i just cant remember who won what, its the thought that counts icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy Stevey, I won all the important thingsicon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

wicked up to division one we go icon_biggrin.gif thanks for letting me know ant <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good work Lee, Division One is going to me very tough this coming season.

OK, a tiny season review.

I'll start in the Premiership,

Jimmy at Man Utd winning the Treble, as expected to be honest, very good side, with an up and coming youth set up, obviously favourites in every game they play.

Si at Boro had a relatively poor season which was halted by the the Uefa Cup victory over Birmingham. Si is having a reshuffle of a few players this season apparently, and I fully expect him to be back on form next season.

Ant(2) at Liverpool, had a very difficult start to the game, but got better as the season progressed and finishing 2nd in the league was well deserved. Unlucky to lose to Birmingham for the third time this season, if I remember correctly.

Mike at Burnley, very poor season for him, finishing in 16th place, and then leaving to go to Fulham in the 2nd Division Playoffs. And losing, better luck next season chief! Mike's reputation is on the rocks too, with his frequent club hopping.

Into the realms of the football league.

Joey at Forest had another reasonably good season, unfortunate again that he lost in the Playoffs. With Elliot injured for a long spell (yet again) hopefully he will be able to get a whole season out of him next time round and get automatic promotion.

Stevey at Leeds, had a reasonable season, it was always going to be tough, moving up a division, and not spending heavily. But Leeds purse strings seem to be quite tight, even though they are Rich. Unfortunate to not get a playoff spot. Should be there or there abouts next season.

Matt at Pompey, was in a very healthy financial position, and the signing of Allesio Cerci for nearly 9 million quid helped their chances. And promotion in the playoffs wa practically assured, even though he plays a pretty gaay tactic, (5 or so arrows?)

The Blackburn manager has just disapeared, don't know where, don't know why, but he signed a couple of my high earners from meicon_smile.gif so i'm happy.

I managed to win the league and league cup, so a very sucessful season for me. Expected to finish in a reasonable league position, the fans are very happy. Got a few tranfers in the pipeline, and am aiming for 4th round of Uefa Cup and a top half Premiership finish.

Now onto the Hotbed of football, Division Two.

Aida stormed the league, playing a similar tactic to Jimmy, and nothing more to say really, he totally walked it.

Ant did him self proud with an excellent second place finish. With little money to spend and losing a great prospect...

Lee managed to get a promotion, excellent work, even if it was with the assistance of Stevey/

Manager of the Season is a toughy again. But i'll give it too Lee.

Treble for United

Another great couple of sessions for Man Utd as we completed a superb treble. The league was won early thanks to some amazing mid season form. And we soon added the FA Cup with a 2-0 win over WBA in the final.

Our final showpiece was the Champions League final against my once old club Newcastle. A 3-0 win completed the treble and took this side to he heights on the 1999 team, which was now 15 years ago.

With such a strong squad i expected to compete on all fronts and that we did. With some exceptional performances from the first team.

Gk's

Collin - First choice and at times is unbeatable, can sometimes have a shocker but most consistent keeper i have seen. Shame he is getting on a bit and so at 29 this could have been his last season as first choice.

Contini - Bought young and has developed into a real talent, limited number of games due to Collin's fitness and performances but managed around 15 starts and impressed enough to be my 1st choice next season at the age of 22.

Defenders

Aguilera - Superb RB, shared the duties with Turner but would have been first choice all season if he hadnt got inj for a month and Turner hadnt taken his chance so well. At 24 still a first teamer.

Turner - Young 18 year old right back, always impressed in u19's and then reserves. Got into side in League cup and stayed there. Averaged over 8 in around 30 odd games in the first team. A real battle between him and Aguliera for the DR position.

Arroz - At 29 he is getting on a bit but the guy is a rock. Superb stats (he could even be a striker) and solid at the back. Part of the infamous Arroz and Holmes that were so solid throughout the season. But his age is counting against him, and with 3 young dc's knocking on the door, his first team spot could be gone this coming season.

Holmes - Classy DC, infact classed as a wonderkid. Again wonderful stats and the performances to go with. A great seasons average and one of the first names on the sheet. At 22 he is future of the Man Utd defence, its just a question of who partners him.

Medina - Came in after christmas and didnt really settle. Great stats but only played a bit part. The 24 year old Showed glimpses of why i spent 5m on him, but could struggle to get into team as 2 young cb's purchased are staking their claim. Needs to perform pre-season to get the nod.

Huddlestone - To be honest a massive let down. His stats say World's Best defender, his performances however dont. Played him in DC and never got above a 7, in DMC he did slightly better but with Martin and De Rossi he wont play there much. Could be on his way out this summer if the bid is right.

DMC's

Martin - This guy gets better and better. At only 22 he is keeping De Rossi out of the team. Wonderful defensive midfielder stats. Always performs and grabs the odd goal. 1st choice dmc for me, and still so young.

De Rossi - Another disappointment. At 15m after christmas i thought id got a star, but with Martin performing so well chances were limited. When they did come he did ok but nothing major. An inj made him miss a big chunk of the final quarter of the season which saw him end the season on the bench. Could be wise to get rid of the Italian sooner rather than later.

Midfield

Toledo - What an impact. Signed towards the end of last season, this season was his year. A remarkable end of year average of 8.5 showed the influence he had. Constant threat on the right and one of the star performers. Alas at 33 and with the youth policy we have, Toledo could find himself relegated to the bench next season. But could also be offloaded to help a newly promoted club.

Ronaldo - The former wonderkid is now 29 and still awesome. Playing on the left wing for last 2 seasons and performs all the time. Wonderful player and chips in with wonderful goals too. I still think he has plenty left in him and should a regular this season.

Kjung Jin - With the mid we have it has been difficult for him to keep a regular place but along with Carranza he is a superb backup player. Only 26 he will always perform when called upon. Could push Ronaldo this season on the left but could even oust Toledo if the youngsters on the right dont perform.

Dyer - What a talent. Showed towards the end of last season how good he was. This year confirmed how great he is. Over 15 goals, over 20 assists. Constant performer in the middle of the park. This MC is only 23 and is the driving force behind the midfield. Is worldclass.

Carlos Alberto - Eventually requested to come off transfer list after a paddy at being substituted last year. I take my hat off to him as he has performed well when called upon. Starred in early CL form and scored some cracking goals. A great rotation player and cover for dyer.

Mancini - Never really performed for me at Newcastle and hasnt for Man Utd. Provides good cover for DR and AMR but better options in the squad. Retiring at the end of the season but would do a good job for a another prem team.

Rhodes - Young AM/FR who played a couple of games when i first arrived. Immensely talented, and at 23 is now developing into a future star. Seen by me as the replacement for Toledo as similar stats. Played quite a bit of first team football last year and performed excellently. Interesting to see how he does this year.

Strikers

Oskarsson - The legend. Over 40 goals this year in uner 35 games, he led the line superbly. Quality player even though over 30 but time is catching up and he could be another who leaves on the high of the treble. No doubt he can still do the job but chances must be given to the youngsters at the club. I bow to you Sir Oskarsson.

Bull - What a star! Over 30 goals this season and started at electric pace, lost it a bit towards the end and even lost his place to Henderson, but the guy is a gem. I picked him up when i was at Norwich and he was 16. Now at 20 he is taking the premiership by storm. Has to be one of the strikers next year, with the question being who partners him.

Henderson - Superb last season until end of season and so didnt start the season in top 3 strikers. Towards the end of this season though he came in and once again showed the talent he has. 17 league goals in 11 starts showed me how good he was. This guy is only 20 and is gonna get better.

Carranza - A goal machine, super sub, classy cazz. Call him what you will, superb team player, scores in 90% of the games he plays in! If it wasnt for the quality strikers at the club he would be a legend. Its between him and Henderson for the other strikers berth and i still dont know! Again only 25 with years ahead of him it looks like the 3 of them will be fighting for the 2 places for years to come.

Gray - A great talent but lost out after an injury at beginning of season for 4 months. Now at 5th in pecking order and he doesnt like it. Top quality striker though, but wants to leave. 7m will see him go.

Jones - Special mention for him, although spent all season on loan with Sheff Wed, 50 goals for them was a special achievement. Great talent but will more than likely be on loan again this year as you can see we have a few strikers.

So thats my first team report, i havent mentioned some of the stars of the future that i have in my reserves and my u19's who also made first team appearances last season. One's to look out for are Kevin Scott my DC, Steve Palmer AM/FC, Anderson the striker in my reserves, Martin the AMRLC, and also Green the AMR. All quality players who i expect to be loaned out and star for any team.

So next season im looking the youth to stand up and be counted as i look to replace Collin, Arroz, Toledo and Oskarsson and see if kids can indeed win stuff.

Ill post final league tables from Prem to Div2 when i get home.

Here we go with Leeds United

We're gonna give the boys a hand

Stand up and sing for Leeds United

They are the greatest in the land

Every day, we're all gonna say

We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

Everywhere, we're gonna be there

Marchin' on together

We're gonna see you win

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

Continued...........

Chesterfield 3 - 0 Mansfield

Porarinsson3

Chesterfield 2 - 2 Wolves

Colombo, Lamb

Blackpool 3 - 3 Chesterfield

Powell, Colombo2

Fulham 4 - 1 Chesterfield

Salisbury,

(First Loss in ages icon_frown.gif)

Chesterfield 3 - 0 Rotherham

Murphy, Porarinsson Colombo

Chesterfield 2 - 3 Wimbledon

Porarinsson, Colombo

Notts Co 1 - 3 Chesterfield

Salisbury, Lamb2

Ipswich 0 - 2 Chesterfield FA Cup 3rd

Porarinsson, Cook

Barnsley 0 - 0 Chesterfield

Chesterfield 2 - 0 Bournemouth

Webb, Porarinsson

Gillingham 1 - 1 Chesterfield

Lamb

Bristol Rovers 0 - 2 Chesterfield

Nhlabatsi (swazi) 2

FA CUP 4TH ROUND

Stoke 5 - 3 Chesterfield

Cook,Porarinsson, Salisbury

Plymouth 2 - 2 Chesterfield

Porarinsson, Salisbury

Chesterfield 3 - 0 Watford

Lamb3

Chesterfield 2 - 1 Oldham

Lamb2

Lincoln 1 - 0 Chesterfield

Swansea 0 - 4 Chesterfield

Porarinsson2, Swazi, Colombo

Chesterfield 2 - 0 Torquay

Powell, Lamb

Chesterfield 6 - 1 Huddersfield

Lamb4, Porarinsson, Colombo

Bradford 1 - 3 Chesterfield

Lamb, Salisbury, Porarinsson

Chesterfield 5 - 1 Leicester

Lamb3, Cook, Murphy

Doncaster 1 - 1 Chesterfield

Lamb

Chesterfield 2 - 0 Shef Wed

Appleby, Salisbury

York 1 - 3 Chesterfield

Lamb2, Walker

Chesterfield 5 - 0 Gillingham

Salisbury2, Porarinsson, Lamb2

Oxford 0 - 2 Chesterfield

Lamb2

Chesterfield 3 - 0 Plymouth

Salisbury, appleby, walker

(ul lee's assistant)

Wolves 0 -4 Chesterfield

Murphy2, Salisbury, Swazi

after my first full season in charge i had taken chesterfield straight up at the first time of asking in 2nd place, well done to aida's Shef Wed on winning the league......

Div1's gonna be trcky next season.

New season report to follow soon.

Ok, into a new league, enter new players...

I was fortunate enough to be able to tale John Gray off Si's hands for a mere 3 Million, and after two seasons of exceptional football, he was no longer required. Also another Boro reject, in the form of Roberto Ayala, the Paraguayan although not having a good time in England previously, covers all the defensive positions, so is ideal. I also signed a young Dutch midfielder from the vacated Burnley, aswell as a left winger from Copenhagen.

Interstingly enough, I had numerous enquiries for one player, Mr Mark McGregor, from one team, Man Yoo. After being initially asked how much I wanted, I politely declined to sell him. An offer came in for 5 Million and Carlos Alberto, which was flatly rejected. Then came a derisory offer, of 5 Million and Oskarsson. Which was also laughed off. Then he told me he would be back.

Indeed he was, and in came, and I quote, "I like you Phil, so 12.5 Million and *insert crap player here*" Which comically I rejected also. McGregor is a strange player, he seems to be Beckham of old with pace and flair. So I am sticking to my guns, but if a further increased offer were to come in I would be foolish to reject it.

The season started soon after, and with Pompey away, and Matt's super gay tactic, after being dominated for 15 minutes, I should have got more shots on target, and eventually lost 1-0 to a Cerci goal. There was nothing between the two sides appart from our lack of efforts on target, very dissapointed with the opening game. Following this was a very big game, against Relegation Rivals Rushden (See what I did there?) and absolutely hammered them. 4-0 was the final scoreline, and John Gray netting two, Ward grabbing one, and also Bennett coming on for Gray grabbed a well deserved header.

In the final game of the session, I was faced with a tough game, Chelsea away and with their excessive spending in recent seasons it was never going to be easy. But after totally dominating proceedings, time kept ticking by, so I switched things around and brought on Bennett again, and sent Ward to the right wing. This paid off with Bennett cleverly chipping the keeper from the edge of the box in the 79th Minute. McGregor is not firing on all cylinders yet, but with an average rating of 8 after the three games, a 7, 9 and 8. Things look positive. Obviously things will get tougher as soon as I start to venture into the wilderness of the bigger clubs. But I am quietly confident that I will be able to finish in mid table.

With my reputation ever increasing, I may have to venture further afield to fulfil my potential, but after building a very impressive team, that has won back to back promotions it will be a sad day if I leave Ashton Gate. Come on the City

forrest lose in playoffs again.....

once again nottingham fail to jump the last hurdle. end of season results:

charlton 1-1

qpr 0-3

blackburn 3-0

portsmouth 2-1

coventry 1-1

sheff utd 0-0

reading 0-1

playoff semi

forrest0-4 portsmouth i was on holiday and when i came bk i realised i was 4-0 down and nothing i cud do bout bloody asitant

portsmouth0-1 forrest won 1-0 away but still no coming back...

congrats to phil and matt goin to the premiership also to aida ant and lee going to the prem also jimmy for the usuall. and si for uefa cup

another poor start for forrest!!!!

even thought i couplae of gud signins from man.united and wes morgan on a free transfer foorest faield to make a good start

walsall 1-0 forrest i dominated but cudnt hit back of net.

west ham 4-3 forrest 3-1 up at 1 stage but a late come back from west ham thanx to a hat trick from one of simons players.

forrest 7-1 plymouth lee rathe unlucky down to 9 men in end and striekrs really performing

forrest 1-0 wolves

forrest 5-1 crewe dominated

forrest picked up some form in end of the beginning of season but still mid table hopefulyl auto promtion this year.

End Of Season Review For Portsmouth FC

Well I took over the club Sat 18th August when they were in 8th Position 8 points off the play offs & whilst the club were said to be "Rich" & in a very good position the squad was however pretty dire with some good youngsters who have potential but with some pretty old guys who arent that great.

I quickly decided that upon assessing my side I needed to add some bite up front as Semler & Bellamy couldnt score the goals to gain promotion for me. I scoured the market & with little out there I had to pay a whopping 8m for Alessio Cerci from Man Utd. Whilst this was 50% of my transfer funds I felt he was vital to boost my side into the play offs.

I then raided Chesterfield for Jose Eduardo Carvalho Da Silva Neto for a min release clause 500k. He's a midfielder who can player anywhere on the right or central sides. He has the stats to be used in defence or infact to be used attacking. I opted that this man was going to be my engine man. A very good signing for the future!

This was my spending over as other targets rejected me no matter how much cash I threw there way. Who says football is full of money grabbers?

So the fixtures came and my side was ok I thought, well ok for The Championship League anyway!

My first game as manager was against Preston at home & on the back of 4 defeats in 6 games I wasnt that optomistic going into it. However my players responded as I hoped & won the game 3-1.

Results Under My Management

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> | Sat, 25.1.2014 | 15:00 | H | Preston | The Championship | | 3 : 1 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 1.2.2014 | 15:00 | H | Coventry | The Championship | | 4 : 1 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 8.2.2014 | 15:00 | A | Sheff Utd | The Championship | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 15.2.2014 | 15:00 | H | Reading | The Championship | | 3 : 1 |

| Wed, 19.2.2014 | 19:30 | A | Leeds | The Championship | | 1 : 4 |

| Sat, 22.2.2014 | 15:00 | H | Hull | The Championship | | 4 : 0 |

| Wed, 5.3.2014 | 19:30 | A | Bristol City | The Championship | | 0 : 1 |

| Sat, 8.3.2014 | 15:00 | H | Walsall | The Championship | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 15.3.2014 | 15:00 | A | Crystal Palace | The Championship | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 22.3.2014 | 15:00 | H | Brentford | The Championship | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 5.4.2014 | 15:00 | A | Norwich | The Championship | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 12.4.2014 | 15:00 | H | Grimsby | The Championship | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 19.4.2014 | 15:00 | A | Nottm Forest | The Championship | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 26.4.2014 | 15:00 | H | Stoke | The Championship | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 3.5.2014 | 15:00 | A | Bolton | The Championship | | 2 : 0 |

| Sun, 11.5.2014 | 15:00 | H | Everton | The Championship | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 17.5.2014 | 15:00 | A | Nottm Forest | The Championship Playoff Semi Final Leg 1 | | 4 : 0 |

| Wed, 21.5.2014 | 20:00 | H | Nottm Forest | The Championship Playoff Semi Final Leg 2 | | 0 : 1 |

| Sun, 1.6.2014 | 15:00 | H | Millwall | The Championship Playoff Final | | 3 : 2 |

</pre>

So I had some good form on the run in of the season & ended up with a semi final against Joey's Nottingham Forest. Whilst I had lost to them in the league whilst on holiday I felt confident of getting a win here. The first leg Joey himself was on holiday & dispite various attempts to wake him up they failed & the game had to start. I won 4-0 and completely dominated the game from start to finish. The 2nd leg I decided to rest 4 players on yellow cards who I didnt want to lose for the final, I lost this game 1-0 so went through to the final with my first XI available.

The final was against a Millwall side who came top of the 4 play off places by quite some way so they were favourites leading into it. However I smashed 3 goals past them with no reply whatsoever & like a fool I took my foot off the pedal, 2 goals later & a comeback to admire I was sitting very nervously but the final whistle came & promotion was mine.

My Players

My whole side have to take great credit from there time under me this season as they all played extremely well & I'm impressed with them all greatly.

To pinpoit some individuals I'd have to say Semler was out of this world & scored goals on a regular basis. Backed up by Bellamy & Cerci playing just behind him this proved to be a good attacking formation, even if someone does think its gay! icon_razz.gif

My Midfield consisted off Faye on the left wing, A young Brazilian in the engine room who has been described above & a Frenchman by the name of Yahiaoui on the right wing. He played extremely well & provided plenty of chances for my team. Overall my midfield 3 offered not only attacking ability but defensively protected my back four from every angle. I believe in a great side you need a great midfield & for this division I think this was the key.

Defensively I had a young gk called Andy Russell who at 24 years of age was given the chance to shine in-between the sticks & shine he did! He was outstanding & made some amazing saves for me. My back 4 consisted off Carr, Blake, Toivio & Turnbull who played consistantly for me. Carr & Toivio offered the maturity & kept the young 2 from beating hell out of each other, Blake & Turnbull have made it no secret to me that they dislike each other. Turnbull even thinks that centre back Blake has his head up his backside! Nice to know my players get on well!

Well thats my season review over, coming shortly will be my review of the summer transfers & first session off the Premiership season.........

Summer Transfers & First Results At Fratton Park

Well I was very active in the transfer market & wanted to bring in some young talent to build a squad for the future.

Transfers In (Age in bracketts)

Vitor Ramos (15) - 675k - West Ham

Fabio Paim (26) - 1.5m - Tottenham

Paolo Guido (16) - 575k - Roma

Danny Costello (19) - 650k - Middlesbrough

Marinho (24) - 2.5M - Aston Villa

Rohan Ricketts (31) - 875k - Sunderland

Tim Janssen (28) - 2.4m - Chelsea

Jamie Cook (20) - 750 - Chesterfield

Guiseppe Salvi (16) - 550k - Roma

Kai Hacker (16) - 425k - Borrusia Dortmund

I'm quite happy with my transfers this summer as I've added some good young quality as well as some decent older talent to enable me to keep portsmouth in the Premier League. Quoted at 2000/1 complete outsiders I have no belief outside the camp ............. I love a challenge!

My Hopes?

In all honesty its not going to be easy to turn this squad into winners so I'm aiming for nothing more then to stay in this league & a cup run to add some excitement for the fans.

Good luck to all players & results will follow after Mondays session.

Final League Tables

Sorry these are late!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Man Utd

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D.| Pts |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st |Jimmy| Man Utd | | 38 | 16 | 3 | 0 | 71 | 12 | 16 | 1 | 2 | 56 | 16 | +99 | 100 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd |Ant2 | Liverpool | | 38 | 13 | 4 | 2 | 41 | 13 | 9 | 4 | 6 | 29 | 22 | +35 | 74 |

| 3rd | | W.B.A. | | 38 | 11 | 5 | 3 | 24 | 7 | 8 | 7 | 4 | 25 | 19 | +23 | 69 |

| 4th | | Sunderland | | 38 | 10 | 4 | 5 | 36 | 19 | 9 | 5 | 5 | 31 | 25 | +23 | 66 |

| 5th | Si | Middlesbrough | | 38 | 12 | 5 | 2 | 52 | 27 | 7 | 3 | 9 | 42 | 38 | +29 | 65 |

| 6th | | Newcastle | | 38 | 9 | 7 | 3 | 37 | 23 | 8 | 6 | 5 | 24 | 16 | +22 | 64 |

| 7th | | Tottenham | | 38 | 13 | 4 | 2 | 27 | 12 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 19 | 27 | +7 | 64 |

| 8th | | Aston Villa | | 38 | 11 | 6 | 2 | 36 | 17 | 6 | 6 | 7 | 27 | 33 | +13 | 63 |

| 9th | | Arsenal | | 38 | 12 | 5 | 2 | 32 | 16 | 4 | 7 | 8 | 14 | 27 | +3 | 60 |

| 10th| | Birmingham | | 38 | 6 | 7 | 6 | 25 | 27 | 7 | 4 | 8 | 24 | 23 | -1 | 50 |

| 11th| | Southampton | | 38 | 10 | 4 | 5 | 32 | 23 | 3 | 3 | 13 | 14 | 32 | -9 | 46 |

| 12th| | Chelsea | | 38 | 9 | 4 | 6 | 28 | 20 | 4 | 3 | 12 | 16 | 33 | -9 | 46 |

| 13th| | Derby | | 38 | 9 | 6 | 4 | 29 | 18 | 2 | 5 | 12 | 17 | 36 | -8 | 44 |

| 14th| | Cardiff | | 38 | 7 | 6 | 6 | 22 | 23 | 2 | 4 | 13 | 10 | 36 | -27 | 37 |

| 15th| | Rushden | | 38 | 7 | 5 | 7 | 23 | 22 | 3 | 2 | 14 | 14 | 43 | -28 | 37 |

| 16th| | Burnley | | 38 | 8 | 1 | 10 | 21 | 24 | 3 | 3 | 13 | 23 | 50 | -30 | 37 |

| 17th| | Man City | | 38 | 3 | 7 | 9 | 20 | 40 | 4 | 5 | 10 | 12 | 34 | -42 | 33 |

| 18th| R | Crewe | | 38 | 7 | 3 | 9 | 25 | 19 | 1 | 5 | 13 | 10 | 40 | -24 | 32 |

| 19th| R | Cambridge | | 38 | 7 | 4 | 8 | 28 | 29 | 0 | 7 | 12 | 18 | 49 | -32 | 32 |

| 20th| R | West Ham | | 38 | 7 | 1 | 11 | 31 | 46 | 1 | 5 | 13 | 12 | 41 | -44 | 30 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Cardiff

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D.| Pts |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st |Phil | Bristol City | P | 46 | 18 | 4 | 1 | 58 | 12 | 11 | 6 | 6 | 40 | 24 | +62 | 97 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Charlton | P | 46 | 19 | 2 | 2 | 50 | 14 | 9 | 10 | 4 | 34 | 24 | +46 | 96 |

| 3rd | | Millwall | | 46 | 13 | 8 | 2 | 39 | 18 | 10 | 6 | 7 | 38 | 29 | +30 | 83 |

| 4th |Joey | Nottm Forest | | 46 | 17 | 4 | 2 | 45 | 15 | 6 | 5 | 12 | 33 | 36 | +27 | 78 |

| 5th |Matt | Portsmouth | P | 46 | 13 | 8 | 2 | 39 | 15 | 7 | 7 | 9 | 25 | 25 | +24 | 75 |

| 6th | | Everton | | 46 | 12 | 6 | 5 | 37 | 21 | 8 | 9 | 6 | 35 | 35 | +16 | 75 |

| 7th |Stevy| Leeds | | 46 | 12 | 10 | 1 | 40 | 13 | 5 | 9 | 9 | 31 | 34 | +24 | 70 |

| 8th | | Reading | | 46 | 14 | 6 | 3 | 42 | 22 | 4 | 7 | 12 | 20 | 38 | +2 | 67 |

| 9th | | Northwich Vics | | 46 | 12 | 7 | 4 | 40 | 24 | 6 | 6 | 11 | 24 | 39 | +1 | 67 |

| 10th| | Brentford | | 46 | 11 | 10 | 2 | 46 | 21 | 5 | 8 | 10 | 25 | 33 | +17 | 66 |

| 11th| | Blackburn | | 46 | 13 | 2 | 8 | 43 | 26 | 5 | 10 | 8 | 23 | 35 | +5 | 66 |

| 12th| | Stockport | | 46 | 12 | 6 | 5 | 37 | 21 | 5 | 8 | 10 | 17 | 31 | +2 | 65 |

| 13th| | Grimsby | | 46 | 11 | 11 | 1 | 35 | 19 | 4 | 7 | 12 | 15 | 34 | -3 | 63 |

| 14th| | Coventry | | 46 | 11 | 8 | 4 | 36 | 23 | 3 | 8 | 12 | 31 | 50 | -6 | 58 |

| 15th| | Crystal Palace | | 46 | 11 | 6 | 6 | 50 | 33 | 5 | 3 | 15 | 20 | 49 | -12 | 57 |

| 16th| | Walsall | | 46 | 8 | 5 | 10 | 35 | 40 | 6 | 6 | 11 | 20 | 40 | -25 | 53 |

| 17th| | Q.P.R. | | 46 | 10 | 8 | 5 | 45 | 31 | 3 | 5 | 15 | 21 | 42 | -7 | 52 |

| 18th| | Stoke | | 46 | 8 | 8 | 7 | 39 | 37 | 4 | 8 | 11 | 22 | 44 | -20 | 52 |

| 19th| | Ipswich | | 46 | 9 | 9 | 5 | 32 | 21 | 3 | 6 | 14 | 24 | 43 | -8 | 51 |

| 20th| | Preston | | 46 | 10 | 6 | 7 | 42 | 32 | 4 | 2 | 17 | 12 | 53 | -31 | 50 |

| 21st| | Sheff Utd | | 46 | 7 | 9 | 7 | 27 | 26 | 2 | 10 | 11 | 19 | 36 | -16 | 46 |

| 22nd| R | Norwich | | 46 | 6 | 9 | 8 | 25 | 26 | 2 | 7 | 14 | 14 | 41 | -28 | 40 |

| 23rd| R | Hull | | 46 | 4 | 4 | 15 | 22 | 38 | 6 | 3 | 14 | 19 | 53 | -50 | 37 |

| 24th| R | Bolton | | 46 | 6 | 6 | 11 | 27 | 34 | 0 | 6 | 17 | 20 | 63 | -50 | 30 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Sheff Wed

| 1st |Aida | Sheff Wed | P | 46 | 18 | 3 | 2 | 48 | 6 | 16 | 2 | 5 | 55 | 20 | +77 | 107 |

| 2nd |Ant | Chesterfield | P | 46 | 17 | 4 | 2 | 63 | 14 | 13 | 7 | 3 | 53 | 24 | +78 | 101 |

| 3rd |Lee | Plymouth | P | 46 | 12 | 8 | 3 | 41 | 15 | 11 | 6 | 6 | 41 | 29 | +38 | 83 |

| 4th | | Doncaster | | 46 | 11 | 10 | 2 | 39 | 18 | 7 | 8 | 8 | 33 | 36 | +18 | 72 |

| 5th |Mike | Fulham | | 46 | 15 | 6 | 2 | 34 | 16 | 3 | 12 | 8 | 17 | 25 | +10 | 72 |

| 6th | | Bradford City | | 46 | 15 | 5 | 3 | 31 | 17 | 3 | 11 | 9 | 17 | 29 | +2 | 70 |

| 7th | | Lincoln | | 46 | 14 | 7 | 2 | 37 | 19 | 4 | 5 | 14 | 20 | 34 | +4 | 66 |

| 8th | | Wimbledon | | 46 | 8 | 10 | 5 | 29 | 30 | 7 | 11 | 5 | 26 | 27 | -2 | 66 |

| 9th | | Barnsley | | 46 | 10 | 7 | 6 | 42 | 25 | 5 | 12 | 6 | 25 | 30 | +12 | 64 |

| 10th| | Blackpool | | 46 | 10 | 9 | 4 | 28 | 17 | 7 | 4 | 12 | 28 | 35 | +4 | 64 |

| 11th| | Watford | | 46 | 12 | 5 | 6 | 39 | 30 | 7 | 2 | 14 | 22 | 39 | -8 | 64 |

| 12th| | Notts Co | | 46 | 12 | 3 | 8 | 40 | 25 | 5 | 9 | 9 | 20 | 29 | +6 | 63 |

| 13th| | Torquay | | 46 | 9 | 9 | 5 | 34 | 26 | 6 | 6 | 11 | 24 | 35 | -3 | 60 |

| 14th| | Swansea | | 46 | 13 | 5 | 5 | 48 | 23 | 3 | 6 | 14 | 22 | 47 | 0 | 59 |

| 15th| | Leicester | | 46 | 10 | 8 | 5 | 44 | 29 | 3 | 12 | 8 | 19 | 34 | 0 | 59 |

| 16th| | Oxford | | 46 | 11 | 8 | 4 | 41 | 24 | 3 | 8 | 12 | 19 | 39 | -3 | 58 |

| 17th| | York | | 46 | 9 | 5 | 9 | 40 | 32 | 6 | 5 | 12 | 31 | 45 | -6 | 55 |

| 18th| | Rotherham | | 46 | 12 | 7 | 4 | 35 | 14 | 1 | 7 | 15 | 9 | 50 | -20 | 53 |

| 19th| | Bournemouth | | 46 | 10 | 6 | 7 | 32 | 26 | 3 | 6 | 14 | 28 | 53 | -19 | 51 |

| 20th| | Wolves | | 46 | 9 | 8 | 6 | 28 | 30 | 2 | 9 | 12 | 17 | 42 | -27 | 50 |

| 21st| R | Bristol Rovers | | 46 | 9 | 8 | 6 | 40 | 32 | 2 | 7 | 14 | 9 | 34 | -17 | 48 |

| 22nd| R | Gillingham | | 46 | 8 | 9 | 6 | 26 | 22 | 0 | 10 | 13 | 9 | 40 | -27 | 43 |

| 23rd| R | Huddersfield | | 46 | 5 | 11 | 7 | 26 | 37 | 2 | 4 | 17 | 11 | 41 | -41 | 36 |

| 24th| R | Oldham | | 46 | 2 | 10 | 11 | 16 | 33 | 1 | 2 | 20 | 5 | 64 | -76 | 21 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

New Season New Goals

After a busy pre-season on the transfer front, Old Trafford was buzzing as the new season started and we aimed to defend the premiership title.

After the successes of last season manager James Cale stated that youth would be given their chance to shine, and the transfer activities seemed to indicate he would keep his word.

Old guard make way

Huddlestone was the first big name to leave United in the summer. Departing to Newcastle for 6m pounds.

Baudin our reserve keeper soon followed, off to Cardiff for 2m pound deal.

Next was a major departure, but one that was on the cards. Toledo the great was off to Newcastle as well. 5m was the price tag, some 5 times his value but i think both sides did well from the deal. He will be missed but at 33 it was time for him to move on.

Hoffman and Bertelsen went on free's during the summer as well as the squad was trimmed ready for some new investments.

New Arrivals

Youth was definately the attributing factor in many of our signings so far. In came Anderson, Mcdonald, Davies, Foster, Rose, Evans and Kaul. All under 17 and in my view some massive talent. I wont go into detail yet about these future stars as soon they will start to break into the first team and until then ill leave them be.

Also coming in were Moroni and Howard. Both 22 year old centre backs with some great stats. Good potential there and also brought in to provide backup. At 1.7m and 1.2m respectively i think they will provide good value for money.

With 3 more youngsters coming at the end of the season the future looks bright for Man Utd. It looks even more brighter after Laercio De Pauls chose United over a host of top clubs to join from Inter for 23m.

United's biggest signing (if the WP goes through) as he is the world's top player (according to value). He will add depth to the squad and will fight with Martin for the DMC spot. With De Rossi looking like he is off to Arsenal for 5m we would need a dmc anyway, and it just so happens De Pauls is a worldclass one.

The final piece of the jigsaw for me would be too acquire a decent left back. One if being pursued and hopefully by the end of August we will have got him.

Cale dismisses Peck Jibes

After recent comments by the Bristol City manger regarding our efforts to apparently sign Mark Mcgregor, i categorically deny any conversation took place icon_razz.gif The lad has obvious talent and im sure is a very good Div 1 player, but Premiership Keepers wont let 30 yarders in that often.

Since i was the first manager to sign Mark and give him a taste of first team football, i have spoken to him since, and depsite his pleas to be reunited with his mentor, Man Utd will not be making a move for him this summer.

So Far err Ok

With pre-season over the new season began. We started where we had left off by winning a trophy. A 4-0 win over Liverpool giving us the Charity shield.

A stuttering performance next against WBA, drawing 2-2 in a game that could have gone either way. To add to my woes Adam Bull, a key player for me, was stretchered off with a broken pelvis and so we wont see him for over 4 months.

With no Collin, Toledo, Arroz or Oskarsson starting this season i knew it would take some time to gel and so kept the same side for the visit of Liverpool to Old Trafford. I was rewarded as we won convincingly 2-0 to get back on track.

Our final game of the season was away to Arsenal. They had beaten us 3-0 in the corresponding fixture last year so i was extremely pleased as we won 5-2.

So a good start, not a great one but a good one as our team for the majority of those games had 8 players under 22 and the rest under 25.

Next weeks sessions will show me whether the kids can pull it off.

A new division another new season my team has so far not got off to a bad start in the new season in divison one. My reports are to follow on sunday to show you how my side ended last season and just how good start my team have managed to get this season so far.

Sorry but I wont be there Monday,

taking my PC in to get sorted, may miss Tuesdays session aswell but should be back for Wednesday's

See you all then.

Sorry but I wont be there Monday,

taking my PC in to get sorted, may miss Tuesdays session aswell but should be back for Wednesday's

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheese On Toast:

Seeing as i am the new member the start of my life in this clan isnt getting off to a good one icon_frown.gif i wll be able to make mondays session but i cant make tuesdays or any tuesdays for that matter as i have to take my dog to dog training. If ths is a problem then i accept it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kick it when it does something wrong icon14.gif

Save you money & you can make tuesdays!

Last monday session

Well with still being in divison two in this session we was looking to secure a playoff place as the auto promotion places were way out of our league by this time with sheff wednesday and chesterfield storming ahead in division two. Still a 3rd place finish was looking very good for my side as there was quite some gap between me and the teams below me. It was very important that i managed to get enough points to secure my position this session incase my assistant mucked up when he was put in charge on the tuesday session. Here is how the results went in this session.

Plymouth 0-0 Notts County

An even match this one was as both sides had any real decent attempts that could of gone in and made the game much more exciting. A rather boring game but i suppose i was happy that my team got a point rather than none.

Rotherham 0-0 Plymouth

Another game another draw a similar game to the last one except my side just managed to play that little better than opponents rotherham.

Plymouth 1-1 Barnsley

Scorers: Simon Cook

Yet another draw a pattern seemed to be emerging and i wasnt liking it. Although some goals were actually scored this time it still didnt hide the fact that this game was another one to add to the boring list.

Bournemouth 1-2 Plymouth

Scorers: Tony Williams (2)

A win finally well thats what the supporters were probably thinking. A good game this was but once the opposing team lets tony williams through on their goal there is no stopping him.

Plymouth 1-0 Bristol Rovers

Scorers: Tony Williams

Last game of a small session ended with a win for my side. A great display was put on against a hard side. Only one goal was scored but there could of been a lot more.

Well that was it an end to another session. The season ended on the tuesday session which i was absent from and my team managed to get promoted from the playoff's beating off mikes fulham 4-0 in the playoff final. A great season alround for the pilgrims and manager Lee Owens finally managed to show others what he was capable of.

The player of the year was no doubt tony williams as he helped my team win quite a lot of games when i didnt even expect him to. I was a little worried at first when i put him in but he was soon firing all the goals in.

With the new season starting soon it was time to strengthen my plymouth squad and add more depth to it and hopefully discover some new young talent that could help my team in division one. First report for the new season to come........

New season new beginning for plymouth as they find themselves in division one for the first time in quite a while

With it being in pre season it was time to snap up some new players which would hopefully become famous names in plymouth in years to come. With our new brazilian superstar joining and a couple of other midfielders the side was looking quite capable of staying up in this division this season.

With the same strikers upfront i was hoping for much of the same from them as last season. I was just praying that eddie johnson and tony williams could still score loads of goals.

With plymouths finances looking great it wasnt a problem getting the funding to buy some players the problem was whether they wanted to join plymoutn or not.

The first game of the season was approaching and it was a struggle to get the new payers to join in time. Luckily they did and plymouth were all fired up and ready for the new mission which was do well in division one.

First game of the season came and it was against stockport here is how it ended.

Plymouth 4-4 Stockport

Scorers: David Thompson, Tony Williams (2), Ian Armstrong

A great action packed game to start off the new season this was. Plymouth found themselves leading for the majority of the game and it wasnt until the last 20 minutes that stockport scored one then scored another to spoil my sides hope of getting there first win in their new division.

Plymouth 1-1 Blackpool (League Cup 1st round)

Scorers: Eddie Johnson

The cup that we never seemed to get anywhere came again and like usual we crashed out in it due to penalties. Didnt score many of them but blackpool netted all of theirs.

Plymouth 1-2 Leeds

Scorers: Eddie Johnson

First game against stevey's leeds side ever and a great game it was. A very evenly matched game where my side found themselves 1-0 up at half time. Unfourtunately we couldnt keep this up and failed to score anymore but conceeded instead. We ended up losing 2-1 but at least i knew it was against a hard side.

Notts Forest 7-1 Plymouth

Scorers: Simon Cook

A shocking game this was and undeserved. Even though notts forest dominated this game they still shouldnt of won by this much. With 2 of my sides players getting sent off then another gettinf injured we bascially brought it on ourselves.

It was all going alright in the first half as believe it or not it was 0-0 it wasnt until the second half that everything just went wrong and spoiled our day.

Everton 3-5 Plymouth

Scorers: Bashir, Eddie Johnson (3), Simon Cook

We had to put last game behind us and just think of it as a one off game. So we did and managed to please all our fans by getting our first win in our new division. A great game which looked in doubt for a while but least we won in the end.

Like always early days yet so cant really tell anything about how my team is going to end up. I am pretty confident though that we wont be relegated as i know my players when playing at there best are capable of a lot of damage. For now thats it more reports to come after this weeks sessions.

Vllians appoint young prodigy as successor to Gullit

Sackfield was today unveiled as the new boss of Aston Villa. They parted company with Gullit after a few seasons of ups and downs. Sackfield was brought in to bring some trophies back to Villa Park.

Gullit left behind a rather large squad that was a bit on the old side. with 5 playrs over 30 years old. My 1st task was to reducethe huge wage bill that was currently £110K over my budget, and with the big earners looking worried i had a hard task of selecting who shall be leaving Villa Park.

After selling 6 players i have finally got mt wage budget down and am now £45k under the budget. The board are very happy now.

Transfer out

Wes Brown to Charlton £140k

Daniel Braathen to Bristol City £500k

Rafael Castillo to Rushden £100k

Gabriel Milito to Man City £100k

Robert Wilkins to Charlton £5million

Wayne Bridge to Tottenham £100k

Transfers In

Danny Parsons - Free

Tom Bell £500k from Bristol City

Gary Atkinson - Free

I now have a healthy transfer budget and a good amount of cash in the bank.

Inter-toto Cup Final 2nd Leg

With the first leg ending in a 1-1 draw at home to Bochum i took my side to the away leg looking for a good result. We won 3-1 on the night and 4-2 on aggrigate. A good start to my career as Aston Villa manager.

Bochum 1 v 3 Aston Villa

Solvan 43 Kevin Saunders 19, 62

Jose Manuel Mendoza 57

Jean-Luc Capoue missed penalty 45

Carlos Vivas Injured

Originally posted by Cheese On Toast:

_Inter-toto Cup Final 2nd Leg_

With the first leg ending in a 1-1 draw at home to Bochum i took my side to the away leg looking for a good result. We won 3-1 on the night and 4-2 on aggrigate. A good start to my career as Aston Villa manager.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Bochum 1 v 3 Aston Villa

Solvan 43 Kevin Saunders 19, 62

Jose Manuel Mendoza 57

Jean-Luc Capoue missed penalty 45

Carlos Vivas Injured

</pre>

My first league match went according to plan when we hosted then top of the League Newcastle. A good win saw us go level on point with Burnley at the top with GD only separating us.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Aston Villa 4 - 0 Newcastle

Jean-Luc Capoue 20

Kevin Saunders 22, 90

Lionel Morgan 86

</pre>

Ok, so with another new manager, in Danny, we have the chance to wheel and deal. I managed to get a 32 year old Daniel Braathen for a mere 500,000, and sold Tom Bell for 500,000 so technically a straight swap. Although he is injured currently, I expect great things when he returns from his current wrist injury *cough*.

The session started off on a low note. Having a hope game versus the very experienced W.B.A side, I only managed a draw. But on the evidence of the game, I should have walked away with the points. Having 25 shots to 1, and 13 on target to 0, it is clear who was the better team. But unfortunately with some exceptional goal tendering shutting me outicon_biggrin.gif. Another great performance from Mr McGregor, having 17 shots, with 10 of them on target icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

On the first of September my "quest" for a a centre forward had come to an end. Finally being able to sign John Scott, the American couldn't get a work permit until now. The explosive striker is expected to have just a big an impact as the fleet footed Braathen.

Next up is a tricky away tie at Anfield, Antony has done a terrific job there, so it will be a toughy, but I hope Braathen can come up with some magic for the City fans. A pretty woeful display in all honesty, should have scraped a draw, but Cavenaghi was the difference between the two sides, Braathen, Scott and McGregor easily neutralised at Anfield, will be an interesting game at home to Liverpool.

Next up is a tricky home tie to one of my old clubs, Arsenal. I'm pretty confident that I can win, if my lads keep playing the football I know they can. It is most likely going to be an unchanged team. Another shocking display. This time defensively. After being two goals up, we let them back in with two goals in two minutes! Again absolutely dominated them, McGregor got the MoM award, but missed a penalty, speculation regarding his future has affected the club somewhat. I am seriously considering shooting my Goaltender, he is pish. On a more positive note, Brian Stevens has come back into the fold after a horrid injury. If we keep creating as many chances as we currently are doing, I cannot see us going down. It is only a matter of time before the new strike force(s) gel to gether and we really start kicking the **** out of teams. Jon Dann, my astute signing from Blackpool for Arsenal seems to be a very good player, I knew he would be, but I didn't know I was going to be shown the door so soon after I had signed him. The B4ST4RDS!

Next is an away tie against Ujpest in Europe. Pure bossage, McGregor was again unstoppable, conjuring form of last season with some excellent set pieces. A confortable two nil win, Ward scoring after a superb run, and McGregor rounding off the good away victory with a well struck penalty. Excellent first outing for City. Progression into the next round is inevitable. McGregor really showing us what he can do now.

A couple of tricky games for Bristol City now. Birmingham away, and followed by Man Utd at home. I know which one I would prefer to win, but I am not in a position to be deciding which games i'll win. So any points are good points away from home as far as I'm concerned. After only so few games with Braathen on the wing, I've decided to stick him upfront with Cairan Ward. Hopefully with Stevens and Djalo on the wings, i've got excellent balance throughout the team now. This match should be the acid test as to whether or not I'll have a good season. Braathen gets us off to a flyer with from a McGregor Corner in the 11th minute. Braathen then provides Ward with an easy goal on 22 minutes. Ward returns the favour on 45 minutes with Braathen getting his 2nd of the match. Stevens scores an exceptional goal on 51 minutes from a very tight angle. Stevens scores a carbon copy goal on 77 minutes making it 5-0. Stevens getting the MoM after an excellent display, this boy is going to be a great. He is in the mould of Ryan Giggs, with finishing and dribbling both excellent and he can play on both wings. Very pleasing form to take into the game against Jimmy.

The Man Yoo ****mers up next, i'm praying its a tight match. I wouldn't want the good work we've done to be undone by a shabby display here. Hopefully Braathen, McGregor and Ward can step up to the plate and beat Jimmy's ****mersicon_wink.gif. Great display, a victory in a fiercley contested encounter 11 bookings, 5 goals, it had the works, and a dissallowed goal to boot. Lots of "tactical" changes by me, simply because after 20 minutes, I was getting knobbed to be frank. I brought Gray on for Stevens, and went to my tried and trusted 4-3-3 from two seasons earlier. I think it was probably a drawn game, but all the missfortune i've had recently, it's nice to see lady luck smiling down upon the City. Braathen netting twice, seemingly loving his more offensive role. Gray also netted, up the City. Has to be my best victory in the clan, barring the League Cup Final against Si. With the sheer number of bookings, McGregor couldn't get a grip on the match and faded in and out, Ward got into a nasty incident, and received a booking for his stupidity. We're up to 5th in the league now, and really starting to play like a quality outfit.

Archived