[FM22] [WIP] Welsh Lower League Database - Basic Level 6 DB Released

1 minute ago, Jamaicaman90 said:

Llongyfarchiadau!

It's good to see that your hard work on research is going to get the airtime it deserves.

The league system is nowhere near where I want it in terms of accuracy or anything, but it's something. The popularity of lower league databases, accuracy be damned is what inspired me to just release it as is. 

I'm going to keep working on getting all of the clubs as accurate as possible, hopefully setting up for a FM23 version. I'm just praying the data doesn't get horribly broken for the 3rd time and it's a simple job to get everything working.

13 hours ago, BiggieEllefson said:

Cross posting this from the Wales Data Issues thread, but here's an updated version of the Stadium list spreadsheet I have. Llongyfarchiadau on all of the incredible work you have done @Rainbowz!

Wales Stadiums Lat-Long 2022-05-02.xlsx 69.88 kB · 0 downloads

Brilliant, thanks! I'm currently sorting data for teams down to Level 10. Even if I can't get the leagues to work, I'm passing it on to the researchers so the base DB is more accurate next year. Also makes it easier for me to attempt to get it working next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry for no reply for a while, lots been going on last couple of months. New job and other football commitments.

I've spent an incredible amount of time working on getting my data right, and I've used the Stadiums list as well as my data checks on Cymry Football. I've had to put alot of Cities in and get all the Lon/Lan correct and god knows what other data down to LEvel 10. Hopefully what I've done and passed on to the researchers will go along way towards helping us next year.

So where am I at now, well I'm focusing on getting the leagues right down to level 10 in advanced rules then I'll work on the national cups to correct them, then I will do the league cups/county cups. I'm currently working on Tier 7, just having an issue with setting up the end of season playoffs. For some reason despite me doing something exactly the same way as the West Wales playoff at step 5 it doesn't like the Gwent Premier playoff at step 7, so trying to figure out why then I will tackle the South Wales Alliance playoff across the 9 divisions that will take some time. Once that is working 8 to 10 will work a dream as its straight forward. I will do some testing to see if the leagues work correctly then I can move to the cups!

Another update:

I've managed to get a reasonable working file for just the leagues down to level 10 (no league cups or adjusted national cups yet). The 3 Inter-league playoffs I've put in plus the two Ardal playoffs are pretty much working as planned (just a small tweek required on my South Wales Alliance one for the 9 leagues below.

I've done a quick 1 season test and I'm not getting any major or weird lateral movements so that means my regional divisions and boundaries along with the stadiums and cities I've worked on must be working to plan. I've got a couple of tweeks where reserves / 3rd teams are dropping out of divisions with no relegation so need to fix that where there should be no relegation and allow teams to play in the same division. But it's really a case of so far so good which is a relief given the hours I've had to put it to get the small details right!

Does anyone know how to stop reserve teams getting relegated out of the game at the bottom level available to that team (so to speak) if the first team drops to that level. Otherwise it messes up the numbers as the seasons go on. It's starting to bug me now as I want to get on with adding the cups, as in theory bar this slight issue the leagues are working.

On 20/05/2022 at 17:49, Schume said:

Does anyone know how to stop reserve teams getting relegated out of the game at the bottom level available to that team (so to speak) if the first team drops to that level. Otherwise it messes up the numbers as the seasons go on. It's starting to bug me now as I want to get on with adding the cups, as in theory bar this slight issue the leagues are working.

Make your teams individually, put an affiliate between each club, tick the cannot play in same division box.

• 4 months later...

As a heads up for anyone who wants to tackle an FM 2023 version of this, hopefully SI have added the details of some of the clubs, but, if not, I have kept my spreadsheet as up to date as possible for the 2022–23 season. I'm personally waiting for the full release date and access to the editor before making my biennial purchase.

Hope the data here is useful for anyone who needs it. Sourced from the Cymru Football App, league and club websites, and the posters of the Non League Matters forums.

Wales Stadiums Lat-Long (2022–23) 2022-10-20.xlsx

I will do it entirely (as I did on the 2019, see link below) but it will not be available before June 2023 because I will fill in the real dates for each league and each round of all cups.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1755991840&searchtext=wales

I will open a post on this forum to explain all the changes I will make to make this update as close to reality as possible.
I would be of course open to any information that could help the quality, but you will have to express yourself in simple english because I am French and I use a translation.

Thank you .

PS : Your file is great but but I will add the real cities and villages in my update .

Edited by ChicoPolska

On 21/10/2022 at 21:34, BiggieEllefson said:

As a heads up for anyone who wants to tackle an FM 2023 version of this, hopefully SI have added the details of some of the clubs, but, if not, I have kept my spreadsheet as up to date as possible for the 2022–23 season. I'm personally waiting for the full release date and access to the editor before making my biennial purchase.

Hope the data here is useful for anyone who needs it. Sourced from the Cymru Football App, league and club websites, and the posters of the Non League Matters forums.

Wales Stadiums Lat-Long (2022–23) 2022-10-20.xlsx 87.26 kB · 2 downloads

Yeah, I hope someone else picks this up for FM23. The Welsh DB is always a massive undertaking which seems to get harder every year and I don't have the knowledge required to build it, and definitely no longer have the time to learn how to do more advanced DB editing. I barely have time for data input anymore, let alone doing an entire DB down to Level 10.

I can advise anyone who wants to give this a go, and have no issues with my DB being used as a base for someone else to work from.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a version of this for FM23

I've used the database made by @Rainbowz last year as a base (hope this is ok!) and just added some bits of data;

• Stadiums for all teams down to tier 6
  • Some rating changes - particulary for the Cymru Premier
  • Added all the clubs down to Tier 10
  • Updating the referees (this is still in progress)

I'll make a post in the forum for FM23 but thought I'd post here for visibility, but if anyone is interested in helping me please let me know, as my knowledge of advanced DB editing isn't great! Even if we can't get tiers lower than 6 to work, it would be great to have help with data input etc.

Here's the file I've got so far if anyone wants to have a look: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xe8hze1vjl66f35/Wales_Tier_6.fmf/file

Edited by AledJames