[FM22] England down to Level 10 Now available for download

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/01/2022 at 15:25, richscylla1 said:

Thanks for this @lionel messi. I have downloaded it, popped it in the editor data folder but the database option in game is greyed out with only Football Manager 2022 selectable. Anyone know why this is? 

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 14.24.46.png

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 14.24.13.png

Having the exact same problem. Tried changing fmf to xml at the fileending but nothing happened. Anyone had the same problem and solved it? 

13 hours ago, flugfrelsarinn said:

Having the exact same problem. Tried changing fmf to xml at the fileending but nothing happened. Anyone had the same problem and solved it? 

Try loading it in the editor, verify the nation rules, save the file and see if that does anything.

Edited by FCUtdWill

4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Why cant you load the file in the editor?

Never used the editor before so might be doing something wrong but when I try to import the file it says that I can only import xml or dbc-files and the one I got when I downloaded your file is fmf-file.

Skärmavbild 2022-01-09 kl. 14.30.21.png

34 minutes ago, flugfrelsarinn said:

Never used the editor before so might be doing something wrong but when I try to import the file it says that I can only import xml or dbc-files and the one I got when I downloaded your file is fmf-file.

Skärmavbild 2022-01-09 kl. 14.30.21.png

Select Load Editor Data (should be below Export) rather than Import.

Import is only for .xml files, .fmf files are compressed .xml files.

Edited by FCUtdWill

So I've started a new save with the latest database and managed to secure promotion from level 10 first season yet when the second season changes it shows I actually didn't get promoted. I can't see any league rules which state any reason why I shouldn't have gone up. I did notice one of the teams who got relegated from divison one went to a north western league not northern div 2. Could this be the reason I didn't go up? Cheers for any help!image.thumb.png.c19784000ad0bd52b568006584e5eb12.pngimage.thumb.png.dfebea428c2fbb89d36ef05e40c8bc43.png

8 hours ago, AllyDInDaHouse said:

So I've started a new save with the latest database and managed to secure promotion from level 10 first season yet when the second season changes it shows I actually didn't get promoted. I can't see any league rules which state any reason why I shouldn't have gone up. I did notice one of the teams who got relegated from divison one went to a north western league not northern div 2. Could this be the reason I didn't go up? Cheers for any help!image.thumb.png.c19784000ad0bd52b568006584e5eb12.pngimage.thumb.png.dfebea428c2fbb89d36ef05e40c8bc43.png

I dont think you are using my database.

Are you using a different database?

28 minutes ago, andydick said:

.. plus, I thought promotion from the NL2 is the top 2.  There's no play-offs.  

Unless it's been changed of course. 

image.thumb.png.fa29801313f168d3f4296033e02af01f.png

As far as I know there’s no playoffs in the Northern League.

Edited by FCUtdWill

On 07/01/2022 at 18:47, andydick said:

I tried again with add key staff enabled and ran into the same issue, I wonder if key staff only means assistant manager, coaches, etc.  I simmed forward to January 1 and there's probably 100-150 clubs from level 7-10 without a manager, and their manager history shows they have never had a manager. 

However, interesting to see that, on the "Park to Prem" youtube videos WorktheSpace holidays through to 1st January and there are only 11 job vacancies across the England add on leagues.  See, for example, at 2 mins 36 seconds of that video.  I'm eagerly awaiting the next update before starting my single career save at level 10.

Edited by Improvise
Accidentally put my own comments in the quote section. Also apologies as it was Dregganor who made the comments which I have attributed to andydick. I can't see how to correct that!

Regarding manager vacancies, in my 256 team fictional database I've found the AI struggles to fill all job vacancies effectively at the start of a game. A dozen clubs will offer the same person their job, and when he finally chooses a club all the ones that missed out will start their process from scratch. With the added complication of teams firing managers mid-season, it took about 18 months for all clubs to have their vacancies filled, so I can imagine issues with a massive database of lower league clubs having to rely on fictional managers at the start of the game.

Then later you'll probably find a lot of decent clubs hiring regen managers instead of promoting from below. I don't think this is a database issue, just the game being awful at handling managerial vacancies for lower reputation teams.

On 09/01/2022 at 14:13, connorh.evans said:

How can I download this on my mac Book? is it possible? keeps saying that i need an app to open it but there is no app available?  Pretty new to FM

you just put the file into your editor data folder using the following 

1 – Go to your main screen on Mac and from the top tabs panel click ‘go’, you will not see the ‘library’ folder’.

2 – Now hold down the ‘alt’ or ‘options’ key. Tada! You should see the ‘library’ folder appear, while still holding, click it.

3 – Now click ‘application support’

4 – Scroll down and click ‘sports interactive’ and then ‘Football Manager 2021’

5 – put the file you downloaded into the "editor data" folder and you are good to go

On 10/01/2022 at 23:46, JAYMEETEE said:

Database looks great, looking forward to starting a save as my hometown club.

I just wondered if the new update was soon, and whether it was worth waiting for? Is there anything significant being added/fixed that isn’t in the current release?

Thanks!

Its mainly just a few little fixes.

9 hours ago, The Doctor Harbin said:

Would you recommend unticking do not add key staff? For this database thanks. 

Depends if your computer can handle it, the more leagues you add and have the option ticked it’ll go slower. For Level 10 you should be okay.

On 14/01/2022 at 06:51, The Doctor Harbin said:

Would you recommend unticking do not add key staff? For this database thanks. 

Just wondering on this too (I always tick add players, but 50/50 on staff).

Would the additional staff put lower league clubs at financial risk? 

Or conversly do you obtain unfair advantage by not ticking, as clubs seem to struggle to fill their entire allowed quota? 

Downloaded and finally had a play around with this, this morning. Started a save as Amersham in one of the t10 leagues and tried to sign an assistant manager. Only to find that not one person would sign for the team as we're supposedly beneath them all. Is this supposed to be the case?

Edited by Hoody

1 hour ago, DBSC said:

In addition to the questions above, is anyone able to run a team in budget? Most players ask for 1-2k per year minimum  but the annual budget for Isle of Man FC in level 10 is only 13K

Going by a quick look at the teams in the league Amersham is in I assume that most of your players are supposed to be the "Greyed out" ones with just a sprinkling of real players?

1 hour ago, Hoody said:

Going by a quick look at the teams in the league Amersham is in I assume that most of your players are supposed to be the "Greyed out" ones with just a sprinkling of real players?

That's correct. Although when offering those greyed out players a contract, they ask for 1-1.5k per year. So it's impossible to stay under budget if i had to fill out a whole team (Isle of Man FC start with no real players). Doesn't seem like I can offer just appearance fees to players at that level, which seems strange?

8 hours ago, DBSC said:

In addition to the questions above, is anyone able to run a team in budget? Most players ask for 1-2k per year minimum  but the annual budget for Isle of Man FC in level 10 is only 13K

If you start your save file with add players to playable league... I have a level 9 team even with letting players go after being promoted i still sign players and such for under 120.00 per week

30 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

If you start your save file with add players to playable league... I have a level 9 team even with letting players go after being promoted i still sign players and such for under 120.00 per week

Adding players to a level 10 team starts them with a negative wage budget of 23k lol. I need to start getting promoted fast!

5 minutes ago, DBSC said:

Adding players to a level 10 team starts them with a negative wage budget of 23k lol. I need to start getting promoted fast!

not for me... because you think about it... other teams come poach your crap players i was able to promote maybe not year one but year two because with me I am doing a mix between loans and youth players only that i can bring in...

13 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

not for me... because you think about it... other teams come poach your crap players i was able to promote maybe not year one but year two because with me I am doing a mix between loans and youth players only that i can bring in...

For sure, not having teams poach is an upside. But I see teams in the VNN, for example while doing the dafuge challenge, that find it easier to pick up non-contract players. Shouldn't it be easier to sign non-contract lower down the leagues? Not a knock on the database, it's great and thanks to all that spent time on it. But i'm just wondering if the contract rules could be relaxed a little (I also have no idea how this works when setting up, so maybe it's just something that is part of the game).

The dafuge challenge teams that come up into the VNN/VNS have scouts/physios that are on non-contracts too. But in the game i just started with Isle of Man in level 10, I have 18 players on 2k a year 1 year contract, and 6 staff on almost 3k a year. So my budget is completely shot, obviously. But as long as I don't get sacked for it, maybe it doesn't matter.

6 hours ago, DBSC said:

For sure, not having teams poach is an upside. But I see teams in the VNN, for example while doing the dafuge challenge, that find it easier to pick up non-contract players. Shouldn't it be easier to sign non-contract lower down the leagues? Not a knock on the database, it's great and thanks to all that spent time on it. But i'm just wondering if the contract rules could be relaxed a little (I also have no idea how this works when setting up, so maybe it's just something that is part of the game).

The dafuge challenge teams that come up into the VNN/VNS have scouts/physios that are on non-contracts too. But in the game i just started with Isle of Man in level 10, I have 18 players on 2k a year 1 year contract, and 6 staff on almost 3k a year. So my budget is completely shot, obviously. But as long as I don't get sacked for it, maybe it doesn't matter.

Try for some loans too… I spend about 1300 a year on roster because I have some loans as well.

4 minutes ago, Tihinen said:

Hello @lionel messi,

I saw you upload an update but I didn't get perfectly if it is the definite one or you're still working on the last things

Im still working on setting regional divisions for teams at level 9 & 10.

Its done down to level 8 on my last update, it works ok without me doing this but you do get the odd team popping up in the wrong leagues.

17 minuti fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

Its done down to level 8 on my last update, it works ok without me doing this but you do get the odd team popping up in the wrong leagues.

Thank you!

I will wait for this update so. I'm not English but I like to look for teams and their location.

So, thank you a lot

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

You'll never get it 100% perfect. Funnily enough, teams already on the database tend to move around more than created teams, something I've picked up on over the years when I've been editing!

On 15/01/2022 at 02:37, Dan_987 said:

Just wondering on this too (I always tick add players, but 50/50 on staff).

Would the additional staff put lower league clubs at financial risk? 

Or conversly do you obtain unfair advantage by not ticking, as clubs seem to struggle to fill their entire allowed quota? 

I have two saves one with it on and the other off. The unticked save does seem to have a lot more clubs in massive debt and more clubs with insecure finances. I wouldn't say its game-breaking at this point but I would have to be further in to tell. 

6 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

You'll never get it 100% perfect. Funnily enough, teams already on the database tend to move around more than created teams, something I've picked up on over the years when I've been editing!

I accept it will never work 100% Im just trying to make it happwn less often.

I have noticed alot of teams have got regional divisions set for leagues that no longer exsist.

4 hours ago, Zapoleon said:

I have two saves one with it on and the other off. The unticked save does seem to have a lot more clubs in massive debt and more clubs with insecure finances. I wouldn't say its game-breaking at this point but I would have to be further in to tell. 

Great thanks for that info.

Thinking back I could have created two saves with both options, simulated a few years down the track and reviewed but you have saved me the time. 

11 hours ago, Zapoleon said:

I'm waiting for the next update before I start my FM 2022 career save.  In the meantime I have been experimenting with setting up games with different settings on the "Do not Add Key Staff" and "Add Players to Playable Teams" boxes. 

Do not Add Key Staff - as far as I can see ticking this doesn't seem to add managers to any more of the level 10 teams.  However it does fill up many posts in their backroom staff which, in reality, they would never have, such as performance analyst, recruitment analyst, loan manager.  

Add Players to Playable Teams - ticking this gives all teams a "proper" starting squad, whereas if this is unticked most teams consist entirely, or almost entirely, of greyed out players.

At the moment my inclination will be to start my career save with both of these 2 boxes ticked.  I don't want level 10 teams to be in an instant financial mess from employing unrealistic levels of staff from day 1.  What I don't know, however, is whether they will fill these unrealistic posts over time, even if this box is ticked.

But I would like all teams to have a starting squad on day 1 of the game.

To make matters more realistic, and give myself less of a free choice of level 10 teams when I start my game, I will start as unemployed and only allow myself to apply for jobs at teams which have already had a manager.  I will therefore be unemployed until sackings start to occur, or managers move from level 10 teams for other reasons.

I'm really looking forward to starting this save.  I only ever play one save on each version of FM.  It is a one game career save until the next FM is released. 

On 15/01/2022 at 14:07, DBSC said:

That's correct. Although when offering those greyed out players a contract, they ask for 1-1.5k per year. So it's impossible to stay under budget if i had to fill out a whole team (Isle of Man FC start with no real players). Doesn't seem like I can offer just appearance fees to players at that level, which seems strange?

This isn't entirely ethical, but depending on the location of the club you manage, you can schedule U23 and U18 friendlies away against tiny French/Dutch clubs who will pay you roughly $2000 per match throughout the season. 

It's been that way for as long as I can remember, going back to FM15. I've only ever tried with teams in the southern half of England. I don't know if it works in the north. In past versions northern clubs couldn't do it because it was too far to travel.

On 16/01/2022 at 02:11, DBSC said:

I will be having a look into contracts of players and staff before my next update.