Matches / Games Take Too Long

Turning off highlights would definitely speed up matches. 

I’ve found that the sliders for speed aren’t very smooth. I wish there could be numerical values, even if just 1-10. Right now, for me, the speed of highlights around a 4 is too slow, and at 5ish too fast. Also looking forward to the instant result option one of these years. ;)

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

I agree I play commentary only and quickest speed, no replays, and it’s probably twice as slow than FMM21 currently

I'll take a look at this - out of interest what device are you on? (on my iPad I haven't noticed a huge difference in match speed myself).

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

I haven't timed it, but it feels quite a bit slower on a Samsung Galaxy S20+ with just commentary and replays (with all speed sliders at max except replays). 

Out of interest could people thinking it’s slow indicate their tactical and passing styles? - I’m wondering if they’re using say “control with short passing” and thus getting more build up commentary?

20 hours ago, Gosh said:

Do you play on battery saving mode? The matches don't take any longer or play slower in any way for me.

No, and when I have done in the past on FMM21 I know that’s the cause

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Out of interest could people thinking it’s slow indicate their tactical and passing styles? - I’m wondering if they’re using say “control with short passing” and thus getting more build up commentary?

using the same tactic. Not complaining but it’s definitely slower than 21 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

using the same tactic. Not complaining but it’s definitely slower than 21 

I was specifically asking about the tactical styles etc. because I did some tuning regarding the AI/approach during matches slightly if you wondered (which might have had the knock-ons I mentioned).

(game development is always a balancing act and its very possible that improving the match might have inadvertently made the commentary/2d last slightly longer for some styles, in practice on average I don't think it has - but I don't always play all styles myself (purely because of time constraints) and rely partially on QA/users reporting such things back to me)