Contract Renewal - Release Clauses

StewartAHannah

FM21 I have not bought FM22 in complete disgust of the number of issues with the current version which you refuse to fix

I know this will have been said many times before but seriously its not funny when you are trying to build a club/squad and when it comes to renewal of contracts especially when a player thinks they deserve a higher wage, for them to all of a sudden also demand a release clause. I now have 10 players on release clauses, that is more than every other top elite world class player at a club in the whole world PUT TOGETHER !!!  I could understand relegation release clauses or someone who demands if say their favourite team come calling or failure to qualify for Europe. Not only that the clauses are not in line with their market value, there is no negotiation play room etc. I get the feeling you use them to force us to use the editor, which is cheating or is it to force us all to buy it???? It should come free with the game !! 

SO as you can guess in the run up to a transfer windows every top club in Europe is rumoured to want them all, half way through Jan and thankfully none have yet had one triggered but if they do I will be forced to remove them........ I do not like cheating  but is this cheating or correcting one of the games MANY ISSUES ?????

I have also topped up Newcastle to the most allowed in the editor for two seasons they have had Conte (sacked) they appointed Villas Boas he lasted 12 months and they sacked him to, then it was Lee Bowyer??? why? he lasted all of 12 months sacked and so I put Eddie there and they are always in a relegation fight never bought anyone of note just frittered away their transfer money never improved their staff stadium etc? Actually I have never seen any news of any other team redevelop or build a new stadium, why not?

A lot of us players will get cheesed off real quick if Newcastle do not spend big over a save build a world class stadium world class facilities the best staff and a squad to rival Man Utd. Guys pull your fingers out and do something about the games issues its supposed to be fun not infuriatingly frustrating. That said if you give any club a serious amount of money add in a sugar daddy we expect them to do something interesting.

WE all know you can do it as in make the AI competitive cos you do it every year for Man Utd, why not other clubs no matter how good my team is, 10 points clear, Man Utd are always up there with us a dark shadow I cannot loose and they appear hardly to ever loose either

Comments welcome !!

Edited by StewartAHannah

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

We would welcome posts on issues you feel are bugs but keep in mind that FM21 is no longer an active title and so there would not be any further fixes to that game. When it comes to bugs we need to see them on the most recent version of the game, this is because even if the issue were to happen across multiple titles, fixing it from the perspective of a previous edition of the game does not guarantee it would work on the most recent. Especially given that new features and behaviour is added over time. 

When it comes to the changes you've made to Newcastle, we can't really offer too much insight. There's a lot of things involved with decision making processes at clubs and if you're not getting the desired outcome we would always suggest visiting the Editors Hideaway as there will be others in that section who will be experienced in helping share knowledge of what you have to do to get the desired outcomes. 

Sadly we aren't able to fix all issues, what needs to be fixed, what can be fixed and what has to take a back seat for now is always a careful balancing act and we can't please everyone. However, we are constantly iterating on the processes we have to try and resolve more issues along with having less issues in the first place. As there isn't a feature as such in this post being requested this thread has been reviewed now.