Clarify national team squad limits

mannyhams

Opening this feature request per @Michael Sant's suggestion, thanks for your consideration!

Problem:

Managing a national team roster can be confusing once you've reached the maximum player limit for your squad. This is because you're prevented from calling up additional players while, in many contexts, it's either not indicated or unclear that you've actually reached the limit. So, this can look like a bug.

image.thumb.png.20cb2b96a84ad0472247a909d6774faa.png

image.thumb.png.437afaaf4c1978ace7bcae60390dac68.png

In club management, where player registration is the analogous action, the UX is better. The limits are much clearer, and there's a "confirm selection" button to lock in my squad changes:

image.thumb.png.f89124e2badd3d749b7f33a300a52317.png

This allows me to temporarily break the rules while I'm shuffling around players in a way which isn't possible in the national squad management flow. It's often easiest to add more players than are permitted, and then prune them one-by-one until you've come into compliance with the rules.

Possible solutions:

1. Keep the "Call up to {NATION} squad" option in the "National Team" context menu, but disable it when the squad player limit has been reached.
  2. Add a flow to national team management which is similar to squad registration for clubs - a dedicated view which clearly indicates player limits and allows you to be out-of-compliance until you've confirmed your selection.

These are the two options I can think of off-hand. IMO #2 is preferable because it's more intuitive for players who are already familiar with squad registration for clubs. Option #1 could still look like a bug in the absence of some explanation - a tooltip or additional help text could do the job, but that's further crowding a UI which is already somewhat nested and complicated (the National Team expandable context menu).

Edited by mannyhams
Typo

• 11 months later...