Manager Support

I just have a question around how long it takes before you begin to see your levels of manager support rise within the dressing room.

In order to give myself more of a challenge, I began my save at Fiorentina with the top coaching badges but with the reputation of a semi-pro. Naturally, my support from the players began as very low.

After 14 games I am 3rd, I have won 9, drawn 3 and lost two, putting me 3 points off top. The two defeats came against the two teams above me, Lazio and Inter, and I have beaten teams such as Roma, AC Milan and Juventus, as well as winning the Appennino derby against Bologna. I am yet to play Empoli in the Arno derby and I am still in the Italian Cup.

With all this in mind, it seems strange to me that my support from the players has dropped rather than improved, with no real reason as to why. As far as the board are concerned, I am achieving their desires in terms of tactics and transfers, and their only concern with my management is my low support from the players.

I've never started a save with a low reputation in this way before, so I don't know if I'm just being impatient, but I'd appreciate hearing of anyone's experience with the matter. 

Support is not exclusively about results although they do matter.  It will also look at how you handle discipline, player concerns, team talks, press conferences etc , so I would have though that after only 14 games, it is too early to be concerned while the on-field performance is good.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Support is not exclusively about results although they do matter.  It will also look at how you handle discipline, player concerns, team talks, press conferences etc , so I would have though that after only 14 games, it is too early to be concerned while the on-field performance is good.

It took me more than 15 years (in game) to improve from my reputation from half star to three star. lol

14 games is not even the start. :-D

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

It took me more than 15 years (in game) to improve from my reputation from half star to three star. lol

14 games is not even the start. :-D

I understand that my reputation as far as how other clubs view me wouldn't improve so soon, however I had hoped my players might be slightly more on board by now!

8 hours ago, Paddy9596 said:

I understand that my reputation as far as how other clubs view me wouldn't improve so soon, however I had hoped my players might be slightly more on board by now!

It depends how you play the game.

If you are doing short term saves (like 1-5 years); starting with all coaching badges, but minimum reputation - it will be little hard for you to increase reputation and gain respect from players (which their reputation is higher than yours).

Gaining respect is not an easy thing with players with higher reputation from you. :-)

Continue to win, continue to speak to players, continue to answer press conf. etc 

The other thing you can do which will help is start building relationships with players. Praise them after good games, praise them after good training, use the more positive criticisms when they’re underperforming (“I have in you to start finding the net”) etc.

Once you start to have those relationships build - particularly with team leaders and highly influential players- support in the dressing room will follow.