Long Term Viability Rating - idea for making lower league management less of crap shoot

MikaV84

While playing FM, i - as many others do - tend to take a small time in a bottom rung league and enjoy the ride of taking them as far as we can. The problem is that while the max attendance rating is understandable, it's not available and quite arbitrary. This means cases where you spend a massive amount of hours building a team, only to find out you've hit a financial wall since the attendance is bucking up against a limit.

Understandably, this can be quite frustrating. Solution: Long Term Viability Rating. Give teams a rating that is mostly based on their hidden max attendace, since that seems to be the limiting factor in most cases. A rated teams would be your Man U's and such, with top level audience potential, B rated teams would be continental competition -level potential, and so forth.

I'ts data that's in-game already, and it would be a massive positive for people that like building low-league teams. As said, doing it is currently precarious at best, and usually ends in a wall at some point. Would be nice to be able to pick a team for a long-term save with this knowledge available.

Note 1: "Get the editor". I get that i can download the editor and see this stuff. I dont want to use an editor, or any cheats, or any exploits. I want to enjoy the game and the challenge, and i would bet im not in the minority here.

Note 2: "You can guess the max by the city the team is in". I wish i could, but it does seem quite arbitrary, and even teams in the same metropolitan area seem to - anecdotally - differ quite a bit. If it was based on population, sure! But it does not seem to be.

So that's my suggestion - save a few hundred hours of time for the non-cheating low-league managers, while not needing anything new in-game except a simple grade from already existing data. Cheers!

• SI Staff

Hey @MikaV84 I'll just give you the explanation first of all for the Max Attendance attribute you're basing this on:

Its expected average home attendance in its best foreseeable situation. The number entered here should never be lower than those entered for “Min Attendance” or “Attendance”.

In some instances, like a Manchester United this is quite a long term attribute. However, for many teams involved in LLM who haven't reached even moderate levels within the game this attribute does change over time. Over a 20-30 year period its possible to change a teams max attendance from <10,000 to >100,000 in an organic manner. With a bit more information to hand about how this attribute works, how would this impact your thoughts to base it on Max Attendance?

• 3 months later...
  • SI Staff

We haven't heard any follow on from this. We'll factor in what you've suggested so far, but if you do have any more thoughts based on the additional information provided we would welcome insight on these in the future.