Working on weak foot in spare time

Pretty self explanatory but what does this actually do? Like under the hood

I'm unsure how much information you're allowed to share on this forum but I'm aware that telling a player to work on weaker foot will raise it to 9/20 (show as reasonable in game)

Does anyone know what a player working on weak foot in spare time will achieve as I'm unable to tell a player to work on weak foot so I'm guessing it'll take it higher than 9/20

Thanks

Uhh, didn't they take that out of the game, and just replace it with the weak foot training? The trait "tries to develop weaker foot" used to get them to work on it until both feet were very strong. If I remember correctly, it took them a lot of potential ability points to achieve, however, and the effects of dubious value over the current "reasonable" cap in relation to that cost. It was also not optimal because you'd have to teach them to unlearn to attempt to learn something, which took a while, and just doesn't really make any real sense. I don't think that trait exists in the game anymore, as it's not an available search option in player traits.

5 hours ago, Prepper_Jack said:

Uhh, didn't they take that out of the game, and just replace it with the weak foot training? The trait "tries to develop weaker foot" used to get them to work on it until both feet were very strong. If I remember correctly, it took them a lot of potential ability points to achieve, however, and the effects of dubious value over the current "reasonable" cap in relation to that cost. It was also not optimal because you'd have to teach them to unlearn to attempt to learn something, which took a while, and just doesn't really make any real sense. I don't think that trait exists in the game anymore, as it's not an available search option in player traits.

I’ve definitely had my staff tell me about 2 players working on their weaker foot in their spare time. 
I would imagine they’ve had to change the dynamic maybe, but players can definitely do it.

Basically working on weaker foot is now an option you can select, and since its an attribute from 1-20, it can take some time for a player to improve. Just like any attribute development it will eat into his CA. So you don't want to ask all 22 players to spend their evenings hopping on their weaker foot.