Corner Prowess

Not really sure it's a major issue. 15 goals in 34 appearances, when you're feeding every single corner to him, and probably have "play for set pieces" ticked, so they look for that opportunity? Less than .5 goals a match isn't that crazy if you're giving someone lots of opportunities. I bet you could do nearly as well doing far post too. His average rating as a defender at 7.74, which helped get him that award, was only partially affected by the goals, and far more affected by the fact he's winning 3-4 interceptions and 14-15 headers per match for you. He's doing solid defensive work, and that's more or less the bulk of his score.

Now, something else to consider. If you've noticed it in this game, if a player is doing good work, they'll be more likely to score when given the opportunity, or otherwise do something else well. So, if your defender is up there at 20 minutes in with a 7.2 rating, he has a better shot of getting in that header than, say, a target man with a 6.5. Similarly, if you put your goalie in that position, and he scores, he'll probably do a better job at stopping shots for the rest of the game. Players tend to get better and better throughout a match if they're being successful, at least until they pull a hat trick of course, then it tapers off, and goals become less common. This does make sense to an extent. A player having a good game is enjoying themselves, confident, and gets in the flow. If you give a player every chance in the world, they're going to shine more often than not.

Granted, it can get a little ridiculous. I actually did put my goalie up front during corners, and also made him take all the free kicks and penalties. He was on a hat trick nearly every match, and didn't really have the skills to justify it. This is more the issue with set pieces at the moment. Stats aren't mattering much.

3 hours ago, Prepper_Jack said:

Not really sure it's a major issue. 15 goals in 34 appearances, when you're feeding every single corner to him, and probably have "play for set pieces" ticked, so they look for that opportunity? Less than .5 goals a match isn't that crazy if you're giving someone lots of opportunities. I bet you could do nearly as well doing far post too. His average rating as a defender at 7.74, which helped get him that award, was only partially affected by the goals, and far more affected by the fact he's winning 3-4 interceptions and 14-15 headers per match for you. He's doing solid defensive work, and that's more or less the bulk of his score.

Now, something else to consider. If you've noticed it in this game, if a player is doing good work, they'll be more likely to score when given the opportunity, or otherwise do something else well. So, if your defender is up there at 20 minutes in with a 7.2 rating, he has a better shot of getting in that header than, say, a target man with a 6.5. Similarly, if you put your goalie in that position, and he scores, he'll probably do a better job at stopping shots for the rest of the game. Players tend to get better and better throughout a match if they're being successful, at least until they pull a hat trick of course, then it tapers off, and goals become less common. This does make sense to an extent. A player having a good game is enjoying themselves, confident, and gets in the flow. If you give a player every chance in the world, they're going to shine more often than not.

Granted, it can get a little ridiculous. I actually did put my goalie up front during corners, and also made him take all the free kicks and penalties. He was on a hat trick nearly every match, and didn't really have the skills to justify it. This is more the issue with set pieces at the moment. Stats aren't mattering much.

It is ridiculous. If it was as easy as that the greatest minds in football would be doing it wouldn’t they? It’s not realistic in the slightest. 

5 hours ago, DP said:

It is ridiculous. If it was as easy as that the greatest minds in football would be doing it wouldn’t they? It’s not realistic in the slightest. 

Your spot on. I can see the other guys opinions, but I'm sure most sides would aim the majority of their corners at their best aerial threat, but that amount of goals is absurd. Opposition surely scout my methods, 1 corner routine over and over again, surely they would start to slow him down. He's had a hatrick of corner headers. Anyway just thought I'd share

10 hours ago, Dutchy1983 said:

Your spot on. I can see the other guys opinions, but I'm sure most sides would aim the majority of their corners at their best aerial threat, but that amount of goals is absurd. Opposition surely scout my methods, 1 corner routine over and over again, surely they would start to slow him down. He's had a hatrick of corner headers. Anyway just thought I'd share

I absolutely agree.

BUT

Surely this goes to show that AI teams really don't learn your tactics (not saying you said this, but it is a common misconception)