Tycoon

Anyone know how tycoons work? as I thought they pumped money into the club/squad.  Said after tycoon took over he was gona make my club in league 1 carlisle United (England) a force in domestic and continental and give £34 Mill to spend but only got £150k league 1 & £450k in championship but when I ask for more won't give me nothing more and club had £-164k debt and still aint paid that over 2yrs now. He has upgraded training & youth but that's only been bout 1.5 million. Is it a bug or have I got a mike Ashley type tycoon 😔

5 minutes ago, chunk83 said:

Anyone know how tycoons work? as I thought they pumped money into the club/squad.  Said after tycoon took over he was gona make my club in league 1 carlisle United (England) a force in domestic and continental and give £34 Mill to spend but only got £150k league 1 & £450k in championship but when I ask for more won't give me nothing more and club had £-164k debt and still aint paid that over 2yrs now. He has upgraded training & youth but that's only been bout 1.5 million. Is it a bug or have I got a mike Ashley type tycoon 😔

depends on the type of tycoon and also how much money the person has. There is a rating called resources and pretty sure that dictates how much cash they have to pump into the club

Yep there are different types of Sugar Daddy:

Foreground - Will keep pumping money into the club until he leaves.

Background - Will supply money for 1 or 2 promotions/3 or 4 years.

Underwriter - Will only supply money if the club is in danger of bankruptcy.

So how do I find that info out ? Because I have to grow the clubs reputation every year and have to use my 450k budget for wages for free transfer or loans because carlisle have pretty much nothing still and will be a fight to avoid relegation from championship 😭

Just now, chunk83 said:

So more an likely got an underwriter aka Mike Ashley type ☹

Sounds like it but less chance of the club going bankrupt if they spend within their means avoiding the boom and bust we've seen a number of clubs experience. Seems Derby could be next, my club Portsmouth have been there but seem more stable with Eisner, also a Mike Ashley type which in my opinion is good thing

34 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Sounds like it but less chance of the club going bankrupt if they spend within their means avoiding the boom and bust we've seen a number of clubs experience. Seems Derby could be next, my club Portsmouth have been there but seem more stable with Eisner, also a Mike Ashley type which in my opinion is good thing

But why did he get a news item that said he would get £34m?

7 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

But why did he get a news item that said he would get £34m?

Good question. Get this a bit in real life with new owners claiming to invest money but dont. Perhaps a check to see if that money went into the club to pay-off debts, its seems a lot has been invested in upgrading facilities, was that at the manager's request or the chairman just decided to do. Might be worth checking how much this cost as it may have eaten into what was promised.

ideally a save game before this happened and upload as part of a bug report if there is no reason to explain where the money got spent

1 minute ago, MrPompey said:

Good question. Get this a bit in real life with new owners claiming to invest money but dont.

Perhaps a check to see if that money went into the club to pay-off debts, its seems a lot has been invested in upgrading facilities

Oh man, I really hope they haven't added a trumpian tycoon type, only says he's real rich and will give you money but ends up asking for your donations instead :D 

150k + 450k + 1,5m = 2,1mill according to the OP. Sounds weird to me.

1 hour ago, zindrinho said:

Oh man, I really hope they haven't added a trumpian tycoon type, only says he's real rich and will give you money but ends up asking for your donations instead :D 

150k + 450k + 1,5m = 2,1mill according to the OP. Sounds weird to me.

My worst nightmare is when the new board is here, said that they rich and you instead find a bank loan - which is 10 years to be paid - and cut you wages because of that.

30 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

My worst nightmare is when the new board is here, said that they rich and you instead find a bank loan - which is 10 years to be paid - and cut you wages because of that.

As in taking the worlds most valuable club, debt free for 70+ yrs and overnight turn them into the most debt ridden club in football history? :S 

But I havent seen this in FM before, only in Manchester..

I once had a tycoon buy my Fiorentina team 10 years into my save, I had turned them into the top team in Italy and the new board spent a combined 200m on two players who didnt fit my tactics or philosophy at all.

Had to resort to buying the editor and making the players hate Fiorentina so that they'd turn the contracts down.