Methods to reduce number of crosses attempted

So I am creating a 4-3-3 DM narrow tactic. The goals are to be very attacking and direct with a high tempo and with wing-backs getting far forward – that is non-negotiable.
Then there is a regista, two midfielders (CM-s or MEZ-s) who also focus on going forward, an AF supported by two DLF/PF.

It's based on a real life tactic by the guy in my avatar (Zdenek Zeman), but with every tweak my team is leading the league in crosses attempted and completed. Not really sure how to stop the team from putting in 40+ crosses in every game.

I have tried various instructions and widths.
I used to have TI pass into space but with the WBs in tons of space they received a lot of passes which doesn't help. Also used to have CWB but they have cross more as default. Have experimented with PF on stay wider and MEZ to provide a link up for the WBs as well. And experimented with a TI very wide to create more space in the middle but eh...

Right now I have this set-up (for PIs, the WB are on cross less often, close down more, PFs are on move into channels, MEZ on close down, shoot more). Not sure if there is anything conflicting here, or something to be changing.

2137913068_Screenshot2021-12-04at17_55_57.png.d6dc5adae60df93e242f671cf85af99b.png

Edited by lckyby

It might sound counterintuitive to you, but i would switch to fullbacks on attack eventhough they have cross more often hardcoded. The reason for it is that WB's are instructed to dribble down the line, which can lead to situations where they are quite isolated and a cross is the only possible option. To balance out the penality for creative freedom that comes with a less fluid formation, can be challanged by unticking be more discipined or even adding be more expressive.

Edited by CARRERA