Weird contract discrepancies

I've noticed this in numerous versions of FM, but this one seems really stark and I couldn't find discussions of the issue. There is no way in my mind that Pogba should be signing for a club like PSG for significantly lower wages, lower squad importance and with an "average" loyalty bonus. I'm not bothered in this case because I want him out, but in terms of game balance this seems like it could skew things. Bug? I can't think of a logical alternative...

1569040_20211209130917_1.png

Not sure I agree with you here. Realistically there's only 3/4 clubs in the world who could afford his wages. You're trying to get rid of him from yours, and he's gone to wherever will pay him the most. I don't think him being a squad player matters much when signing for a club like PSG/City/Madrid.

If he had a longer contract, I'd agree with you. But when it's expiring and you don't want to renew, it's a different matter. Keeping that much money isn't an option he has available to him, so he should broadly go to wherever's going to offer him most now.

He wanted to leave and I went along with it, it's his last big contract, he should be at his peak age and CA-wise, and to add to the scenario PSG will have a Mbappe sized gap in their wage bill. I don't think it's realistic at all that Pogba goes for significantly less wages and less squad importance than he's for a free transfer. The whole point of leaving on a free is to get the highest wage and signing on fee. He definitely should not be earning 100k per week less and a middling signing on fee at the age of 28. I can't think of many, if any cases where this would happen irl.

13 minutes ago, TheHuss said:

He wanted to leave and I went along with it, it's his last big contract, he should be at his peak age and CA-wise, and to add to the scenario PSG will have a Mbappe sized gap in their wage bill. I don't think it's realistic at all that Pogba goes for significantly less wages and less squad importance than he's for a free transfer. The whole point of leaving on a free is to get the highest wage and signing on fee. He definitely should not be earning 100k per week less and a middling signing on fee at the age of 28. I can't think of many, if any cases where this would happen irl.

Who else came in for him when you transfer listed him?

He wasn't transfer listed, he came to me saying that he wanted to leave on a free and I went along with it. It doesn't make sense that he takes the first offer when it's less than his current deal. He's playing regularly and well for me, and it seems logical to wait for better offers from other teams, or renegotiate with me (not that I would necessarily want him to stay). 

On 09/12/2021 at 14:03, TheHuss said:

I think it will happen irl with this exact player. Pogba is the most over-rated player in the world. There is no chance that another club will be stupid enough to pay him what United pay him.