Youth intake

Hello,

I have a question about the youth report before the intake. I have maxxed out facilities, youth coaching and recruitment. I have an excellent hoyd but for the past 5 years i have only gotten half a star to 1.5 star youth intakes. I know its a lottery but is that normal?20211214002556_1.thumb.jpg.affca48f9087843697078fe6adcfcf6c.jpg

20211206004432_1.jpg

20211214002405_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

1.5 stars in current ability? which would be quite normal. Or 1.5 stars in potential ability? Which would be definitely not ok

I think he actually means the rating of youth intake. That's a new thing in FM22. 4 stars and higher is basically a Golden Generation intake. So 1.5 star intake pretty much means that maybe he only got one or two kids with 3 stars. Not a very bright group.

Yes exacly, i meant rating of the youth intake. I had 5 years in a row with half a star to 1.5 star max. I dont know what i should do and as you see i have a good hoyd, excellent junior coaching/recruiting, also good coaches for u-18...

20211214010347_1.jpg

Edited by Numenor

Sometimes being in proximity to other bigger clubs with bigger reputation can decrease the quality of the intakes. Afterall there is only so much talent that the country possesses. And not all clubs will get equal distribution. Is Newcastle close to any of the English Big Five club? My English geography is not so good haha.

Well i have won the league consecutive for the past 4 years, won champions league 2 times and some domestic cups. For the last seasons im always tipped to win the league. The clubs reputation is also 5 stars now but i dont know if that really matters.

Edited by Numenor

7 minutes ago, Numenor said:

Well i have won the league consecutive for the past 4 years, won champions league 2 times and some domestic cups. For the last seasons im always tipped to win the league. The clubs reputation is also 5 stars now but i dont know if that really matters.

Hmm. Could be just bad luck then. Unfortunately

For 5 straight years? :( Right now im signing 17-18 year old players that i can develope in to the world class players they can be whilst poaching domestic players on intake day. These two costed me around 35 million euros to sign and look at them now :) 

20211214012609_1.jpg

20211214012614_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question about the rating of the youth intake.

My head of youth gave me the report in december with the youth intake. I was thrilled coz the rating on the youth intake this time was 3.5 stars out of 5. So i was very excited about what kind of players would eventually turn up in mars. Turns out i shouldn't have been. Once i got the players it showed an intake rating of... half a star. How is this even possible? first they think its a good one and all of a sudden its beyond terrible?

8 hours ago, Numenor said:

Quick question about the rating of the youth intake.

My head of youth gave me the report in december with the youth intake. I was thrilled coz the rating on the youth intake this time was 3.5 stars out of 5. So i was very excited about what kind of players would eventually turn up in mars. Turns out i shouldn't have been. Once i got the players it showed an intake rating of... half a star. How is this even possible? first they think its a good one and all of a sudden its beyond terrible?

That's a bug. The preview is always way off. I've also had two previews telling me I have a golden generation and both intakes ended up being rated at one and a half star...

12 hours ago, Numenor said:

what do u mean forget stars? Doesn't the star rating of the youth intake imply wether the players will be good or bad?

Stars are relative to the quality of your team. If you have a team full of Messis, there are only so many superstar players that the game can generate.

So in that case is completely normal that your intakes are rubbish. You just have the best players in the world and your Academy is not generating more superstars because that's rare. You might get one everynow and then, but not always.

Edited by Sharkn20