Creating a Champions League for teams in lower divisions?

MJB1986

Has anyone ever thought about creating a Champions League for teams that are the champions of their tier 2 league for example, Championship, Scottish Championship, Serie B and so on. Make it 32 teams similar to the Champions League and do something similar for teams who have won the third and fourth tier division. I would imagine though that the lower you go down the less options there are in the league so it would probably have to go down to 16 teams instead where they still play in a group to start with and then the knock out rounds. I know it's an odd request but sometimes I like to start with teams from the lower divisions and it would add a bit more spice to the game. Also I think in real life most supporters would love the opportunity to watch their team abroad.

I would love to create these tournaments myself but I am usless with Editor!

48 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

It’s pretty easy to do, look at how other people who have made files and see how they make them. You won’t need the advanced rules unless you want to make it complicated.

I've tried doing it but I've got no where so far. When I use basic rules it puts the champions of each top tier division and when I do into advanced rules it keeps saying things like you've selected 54 teams when your only allowed to select 32 teams which the problem is, I have only selected 32 teams and I've been very specific in the advanced rules for example the league winners of Sky Bet Championship and so on.

Check in basic rules if you add teams every round?

Let's say you have a 32 team champions league. Then you will add 32 teams in round 1. After the matches played (just taking it as complete knockout round), you will have 16 teams in the next round, You do NOT need to add the 16 teams there, the game already did that for you.

9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Let's say you have a 32 team champions league. Then you will add 32 teams in round 1. After the matches played (just taking it as complete knockout round), you will have 16 teams in the next round, You do NOT need to add the 16 teams there, the game already did that for you.

This is the problem I am facing and I don't under why as the knock out stage starts in February 2022 whereas the group stage finishes in December 2021. Cann you understand where I've gone wrong because I am just baffled.

FM22 Tournament Trouble Creating.docx

10 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

10 hours ago, MJB1986 said:

I've tried doing it but I've got no where so far. When I use basic rules it puts the champions of each top tier division and when I do into advanced rules it keeps saying things like you've selected 54 teams when your only allowed to select 32 teams which the problem is, I have only selected 32 teams and I've been very specific in the advanced rules for example the league winners of Sky Bet Championship and so on.

Here is the file I am trying to creating. Any ideas on where I am going wrong because I am just really confused?

UEFA Division 1.fmf

18 minutes ago, MJB1986 said:

I've narrowed it down to 16 teams, 1 from each division in basic rules and I am still having problems creating this tournament. Could you please look at the screenshots and file and give me advice where I am going wrong? It would be greatly appreciated!

UEFA Division 1.fmf 15.7 kB · 0 downloads Screenshots of FM22 Tournament Trouble Creating UEFA Division 1.docx 4.42 MB · 0 downloads

In your quarter final, semi final, final rounds, remove the teams starting from this stage and it'll be valid.

That part is for new teams coming into the competition, if they're already there they don't need adding.