Club Location Maps

jayleeds333

I don't know if this has been modded in by anyone. But it would be a great feature to have a club location map for the current league that your in. Or possibly in comparison to the team you're facing in a fixture. Any information on this would be great. I've seen the feature on other football management games before and I really enjoyed it as I'm a big geography nerd. 

Cheers

Good idea! A small graphic detail that breaks up the reading of inbox messages, contract negotiations etc. A big part of being a football manager is travelling to away games, and the travel itself should of course not be simulated, but just an image like this could help with the buzzword for FM: immersion :)

2021-Premier-League-Map.png.1caf79e990421ed05e9ae35c39fbd88f.png

Edited by Robbie Hood

On 03/01/2022 at 09:11, Nonlondoner said:

Love this idea. 

I have been known to fly the team home in MS Flight Simulator. I think it's okay to admit that among friends. 

Don't send all players in the same flight!  [a bit of dark humour...]

Ha, the ones on the larger, long-term contracts on one flight and the promising youngsters on the other.  Worst case scenario is a big insurance pay-out.

I'm in insurance and deal with people and businesses that are having a crisis, dark humour is mandatory.  

• 1 month later...

This is the kind of thing that id love to see more of, travel is a huge part of football and its not really represented in FM at all, would really help immersion if hotel, flights, training camps etc could be acknowleged in someway. On the flip side i hate when managing a team seeing them stay the night of the game and travel back next day when the opposition are only about 15miles away

From memory I requested for this going back to 2006 or 2008, and a few times since. The answer I have been given previously is the matter of licensing costs for the map data, there is some public domain GIS data they could use for the maps but it's up to SI if they wish to use or not.