Would like a button to "mirror" a tactic.

PeeDub

I find that I have some asymmetric tactics, some by a little, some by a lot. But I OFTEN need to swap them left/right based on players available, and that can be a pain. The ability to quickly mirror the tactic would be a HUGE help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

We have had this suggestion before, and if you want a tactic like this regularly available to hand would it not be more efficient to set this up as one of your preferred formations so that your team are also training this shape/set-up?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/01/2022 at 22:05, Michael Sant said:

We have had this suggestion before, and if you want a tactic like this regularly available to hand would it not be more efficient to set this up as one of your preferred formations so that your team are also training this shape/set-up?

I suppose if you were to only do it once, yes, but I do this ALL THE TIME.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 03/02/2022 at 21:22, PeeDub said:

I suppose if you were to only do it once, yes, but I do this ALL THE TIME.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but if you're doing this so often wouldn't it make more sense to have the changes you need to make to accommodate this already set-up in the 2nd or 3rd prepared tactic slot?

• SI Staff
On 20/02/2022 at 15:34, 2feet said:

Mirroring a set-piece would be even more useful.

EG set up a left sided throw-in then mirror it for the right side.

Creating set pieces takes such a long time and is tedious so cutting the time it takes would really help.

We do get a lot of suggestions about tactics creation, but further ideas are welcomed. It would be worth its own thread, an immediate thought is how would something like this handle asymmetric formations? If you've got more thoughts then by all means do make a thread on it. 

It wouldn't handle asymmetric set-ups but it would enable you to instantly copy the set up from Right Throw In to Left Throw In, and then do some little tweaks.

Even this would be so much quicker than than having to start completely from scratch to create a new Right side.

Especially when most of the time the players hanging back are the same regardless.

Is the Set Play creator going to get an overhaul anytime soon?