Finally getting FM22. My last FM was 09... Questions

Finally I've got a gaming pc coming (Sunday)

Is it preferred to run FM on disc (if they still exist) or download? Best prices to buy right now?

Does the game come with the editor?

Do you get squad/transfer updates?

Do you need to be online to play?

Anything else I should know? Been as the last FM I played was over 10 years ago and it ran really slow so technically the last FM I was into was FM06

It's been a while, kids have grown up a bit and I passed the PC off as a homework station too

Download from Steam is best option

Comes with Pre-Editor and Resource Archiver but not in game Editor ( Sold Separately ) Note - Pre Editor is awesome 

You get a few updates from SI Manufacturer but there are many to download from other sources 

You need to be online to download and to play initial loading of game on your computer and when Manufacturer updates happen otherwise no

If your computer was slow then well its going to be even slower now sorry . A lot more information and 3D graphics slow the processing 

Your head will spin with so much information so best to source it all out to your staff to begin with and slowly get into the game  

My advice is to download the DEMO and see how it runs for you . You can get the demo on STEAM

I went from FM06 to FM18. Although, there's a lot more depth to the game these days, I find it so much more intuitive than the older generations. Especially the new tactics system which no longer uses the incremental sliders of old. Although it takes a short while to learn all the player roles and what they do, it is much easier to make adjustments mid-match now that you don't have to modify 100 sliders independently. 

Edited by DementedHammer

16 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

You need a computer with a gaming graphic card and good internet to download the game. Download the demo first. Steam is the best online store.

He did say that he's getting a gaming pc so processing speed and graphics shouldn't be a problem. But yeah, it's never a bad idea to download the demo first.

51 minutes ago, Damonlufc said:

Do you get squad/transfer updates?

There will be a winter transfer update in late February/early March.

Thanks for all the advice guys

@alian62 I'll check the demo out 1st then. Its a new computer so I'm hoping it will run it ok.

Can I add lower league teams to be in a playable division with the editor that comes in game?

I'm not too bothered about 3D pitch view, will I get the choice to not instal this when I start up?

39 minutes ago, Damonlufc said:

Thanks for all the advice guys

@alian62 I'll check the demo out 1st then. Its a new computer so I'm hoping it will run it ok.

Can I add lower league teams to be in a playable division with the editor that comes in game?

I'm not too bothered about 3D pitch view, will I get the choice to not instal this when I start up?

3D pitch view gets installed as part of the game but you don’t have to use it. I still rock commentary only but there is also the 2D with players as dots view I believe.

16 hours ago, phd_angel said:

You need a computer with a gaming graphic card and good internet to download the game. Download the demo first. Steam is the best online store.

Dedicated graphics card isn't strictly required -  many integrated graphics these days are more than enough for FM.