[Suggestion] - New big stadiums should be built with the corners filled in

Robbie Hood

In FM22 my brand new 40.000 stadium was built without the corners being filled in. This also happened in FM20 and FM21 (I have reported all these cases as bugs).
This is highly unrealistic and should be changed. The atmosphere and intimacy inside the stadium is completely gone with these huge open corners.

The huge open spaces are often filled up with things like shipping containers, food trucks, beer tents, concrete walls, dumpster bins etc.  which DO NOT help create the right mood during the matches. Especially not for the big games in the Premier League, Champions League and World Cup etc.

And sometimes the corners are just wide open. Look at this terrible solution with a huge opening for anybody to enter the stadium. From my brand new stadium in FM22:

731076856_Forestnewstadiumcornerfreeentry.thumb.png.cbc560f4330f63008de479814cb1c39b.png

And the option to expand the stadium the same day a brand new stadium is completed must be removed. With the planning/building taking years you would think that the people responsible has done their homework and designed a new stadium that can handle the clubs fanbase for years to come.

The graphics themselves for the stadiums in the match engine look great! It`s just that whatever templates are being used for stadium designs should be altered. Look at this picture from FM15 without filled in corners, but the main stands are longer and therefore fill out the corners in a much more realistic way:

FM15.thumb.jpg.f5bc4a35b6d8548d58a2d9601f79758e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Anfield Road was opened in 1884 so it is not so relevant to my suggestion of having new, big stadiums being built with the corners filled in.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anfield

But it is interesting to see what is being planned at Anfield:

Anfield.jpg.cd20235c6742f46fc1f70eea608c7c67.jpg

I would define this design as having the corners filled in, even if they are not filled in with seats all the way up. Just having fans around the whole pitch creates a much more intimate atmosphere instead of the wide open corners often seen in FM.

A better example of a brand new stadium being built without the corners filled in completely is Brentfords Community Stadium:

Brentford1220.jpg.0bb9ff62a446487326eb080bdeb47b62.jpg

This stadium was built this way as a result of the location being surrounded by roads and train tracks:

1195742058_Brentfordabove.png.e004206055350e4e3ee87f30564c4c29.png

But i would still define this design as having the corners filled in, even if it`s just a few seats in each corner you get the feeling of being surrounded by fans all the way around.

You do not get this feeling with the FM stadium in my opening post.

Edited by Robbie Hood

• 3 weeks later...