[Discussion] - Every stadium should be more unique

Robbie Hood

• 4 weeks later...

If the stadiums are not prioritized for FM23, then please at least fix the huge amount of large tunnels :)

16 large scale tunnels on the first tier of this stadium. It just doesn`t make sense from a design perspective. Football stadiums are often located in cramped spaces and the designers need to put as many seats as possible in the space available.
The large tunnels takes away a lot of potential seats, and in addition ruins the atmosphere you normally get with stands filled with people, not huge tunnel openings.

Some people will probably say that things like these doesn`t matter in FM, but i counter that with when there is so much attention to the smallest of details in the game already, why not try to elevate the graphics/stadiums to that same excellent level of quality and detail? 

Tunnels.thumb.png.2f80cdc1887afc7ef1059d692dbbd488.png

On 29/01/2022 at 18:52, Robbie Hood said:

If the stadiums are not prioritized for FM23, then please at least fix the huge amount of large tunnels :)

16 large scale tunnels on the first tier of this stadium. It just doesn`t make sense from a design perspective. Football stadiums are often located in cramped spaces and the designers need to put as many seats as possible in the space available.
The large tunnels takes away a lot of potential seats, and in addition ruins the atmosphere you normally get with stands filled with people, not huge tunnel openings.

Some people will probably say that things like these doesn`t matter in FM, but i counter that with when there is so much attention to the smallest of details in the game already, why not try to elevate the graphics/stadiums to that same excellent level of quality and detail? 

Tunnels.thumb.png.2f80cdc1887afc7ef1059d692dbbd488.png

Way too many clubs have this stadium and it really isnt a good stadium. Those tunnels are massive, when they really shouldnt be. Definitely is an immersion killer.

I know that SI understand my point, but just to show how much an upgrade is needed to create more unique stadiums:

- Nottingham Forest home game vs. Liverpool:

1774135239_homeoraway2.thumb.png.10a3af10fb12d2549eead2eac41964ad.png

- Away game vs. Liverpool:

1975448491_Homeoraway.thumb.png.1cee83c535916226dec78a06e6091020.png

There is no way to separate these stadiums apart from the pitch patterns and tv screen in the top corner.

On 07/01/2022 at 06:45, Robbie Hood said:

Detailed suggestions to make the stadiums more unique:

- All stands in FM22 seems to be the same height. What about a main stand that is higher than the rest of the stands? Adjusting the height of the separate stands seems like an simple way of making the stadiums more unique.

- Now there are no wind screens/walls. These could be added with different colours/textures to create more unique stadiums.

- Oval shapes. There should be more stands with oval shaped roofs.

- Different steepness (if that is the right word) to different stands.

I would add to this the occasional running track! I know everyone hates them in real life but they are VERY common around the world!
If there was a way to customize these things in the editor then you could add the appropriate flourishes yourself!

Edited by McBride

• 2 weeks later...