[suggestion] More pre-trained tactics

paganizer

At the moment we have 3 tactics we can train. I would personally like 4-5 tactics. It's really hard to work with the limited number of tactics if you want a defensive, an offensive and try different formations. Last but not least it's fun fiddling with new tactics. 

YMMV, but I've found that if you train two tactics that involve different positions, tactics that employ a combination of the positions in those two tactics will be easier to adapt to.

For instance, if you train a 3-4-3 and a 4-1-4-1 you're training two useful formations that, in combination, use all positions except AMC. You should find that adapting to a 3-5-2, 4-4-2, or 4-3-3DM is not too difficult. You might prefer a different pair of base formations depending on how you're looking to play.

It isn't perfect, but it seems to work pretty well.

I use all kinds of oddball formations, but the team tends not to have many problems. (Except when I insist on playing 3-1-2-3-1 or some nonsense, but that's on me...)

Edit: to be clear, I would *also* like to be able to train additional tactics, but this is how I get by.

Edited by JRHaggs

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to make some suggestions on this front. There are some questions on how many tactics could a team reasonably keep prepared and on top of. There is a finite amount of training time and dividing that up between further tactics could present weaknesses. It is an interesting thought and we'll bear it in mind moving forward. It may be the case that with further development in the future something like this could become a part of FM.