[FM22] Pour L'Eiffel - Mission Paris

karanhsingh

Young Player Development - 2

Emmanuel Kalonji is the French/ Congolese DM we signed on a free transfer from Chateauroux back in 2023. This was him then:

kalonji.jpg.1d916c6276878ce0a93954b61871567a.jpg

He was sent out on loan for a season to Rodez where he played regularly (30 games) and really progressed well. So we got him back and he broke into the first team last season displacing the ageing Mandouki as our main DM. The first team football has really done wonders for him.

1234336110_kalonow.jpg.cff576b8f72a18b443ab2fae4e77d1a1.jpg

So this is him now. His value has shot up to between 14-21m. He is firmly established as our starting DM at the age of just 19. And most of all, the attribute increases have been excellent through a combination of training (he is often the best player there) and game time.

Physicals - its essentially +2/3 across the board with a massive +4 in pace

Mentals - again its a +2/3 across the board with a +4 in vision which was a really weak part of his game earlier

Technicals - once more its +2/3 across the board, and focusing on his ball control for 6 months has paid off with dribbling & first touch going up by 4 points

Really happy with the work he has put in and I hope he still has some room to grow!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Young Player Development - 3

Last but certainly not least, is the shining light of the Paris FC academy so far - Mehdi Nouri.

This is the earliest screenshot I have of him, soon after joining the club:

mehdi.jpg.7dc2759bc64bb54d621ec98da3ba7e4c.jpg

He spent a season regularly playing for the U19s (although did break our club record for youngest player), and then the 2023-24 season on loan at Chateauroux again getting a lot of game time in Ligue 2. Then he finally broke into the first team last season and has not looked back. After initially struggling as a Volante, he excelled as a BWM further up the pitch when we moved to a 4-3-3. A little but like a poor man's Kante. And so, this is him now:

1525454476_mehdinow.jpg.7fe39c3605bd669615a0c71a9752c65e.jpg 

He is absolutely the heart beat of the team and one of our most important players. His value has also shot up to between 20-24m. Got him to learn some nice PPMs as well. In terms of attribute development:

Physicals - solid improvement across the board with a +4 in balance and strength which is key for someone in the middle of the park

Mentals - This was always the strongest point of his game but even more so now after +3 increases in a number of key areas like positioning, decisions, anticipation & vision (+4)

Technicals - was the weak point in his game but he has really worked on it particularly passing going from 9 to 13, and solid increases also in technique & first touch

Also he is 100% on course to being future club captain too!

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Young Player Development - 3

Last but certainly not least, is the shining light of the Paris FC academy so far - Mehdi Nouri.

This is the earliest screenshot I have of him, soon after joining the club:

mehdi.jpg.7dc2759bc64bb54d621ec98da3ba7e4c.jpg

He spent a season regularly playing for the U19s (although did break our club record for youngest player), and then the 2023-24 season on loan at Chateauroux again getting a lot of game time in Ligue 2. Then he finally broke into the first team last season and has not looked back. After initially struggling as a Volante, he excelled as a BWM further up the pitch when we moved to a 4-3-3. A little but like a poor man's Kante. And so, this is him now:

1525454476_mehdinow.jpg.7fe39c3605bd669615a0c71a9752c65e.jpg 

He is absolutely the heart beat of the team and one of our most important players. His value has also shot up to between 20-24m. Got him to learn some nice PPMs as well. In terms of attribute development:

Physicals - solid improvement across the board with a +4 in balance and strength which is key for someone in the middle of the park

Mentals - This was always the strongest point of his game but even more so now after +3 increases in a number of key areas like positioning, decisions, anticipation & vision (+4)

Technicals - was the weak point in his game but he has really worked on it particularly passing going from 9 to 13, and solid increases also in technique & first touch

Also he is 100% on course to being future club captain too!

Looks a great player!! Some good traits also!

On 23/01/2022 at 08:05, karanhsingh said:

1032199986_zagrerookie.jpg.b76349def82f1aaf4379d734e73ff7f3.jpg

For the second year in a row, a Paris FC player won the award for The Most Promising Player in Ligue 1. This time it was free signing Arthur Zagre who has made the LB spot his own and really is coming along well. He also contributed 8 assists in the league and 9 in total.

My boy! :cool:

Mehdi Nouri looks amazing.

He can almost play everthing in the midfield.

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Mehdi Nouri is quite the player! Better make that Release Clause HUGE!

but will probably not displace Camavinga from the French National Team.

How are you doing for facilities? Good or Better?

Cheers. He just signed a new 5 year contract with no release clause :)

Facilities also just got maxed out. 

Summer of 2025

This is the summer that finally sees us start spending a little bit of money to really improve the squad. We also made our first ever "Joker" signing (I actually thought the transfer would go through in Jan and didn't realize it would be immediate!)

Here is the summary of all the moves:

transfers4.thumb.jpg.d8587b3e1665ba25fc4e3dfcc00884c9.jpg

As you can see, 12.5 million spent and only 1.1 million recouped. Finally putting that UEFA money to some use!

Will as usual profile the major transfers:

tumba.jpg.2a7993845e1b5132a2524db57c0cdfee.jpg

He got the votes, and he is here! Tumbas is our most expensive signing till date, and his value has really shot up since joining. He is also now rated as a "wonderkid" and is making good improvements across the board. Super excited about him.

850292573_emremor.jpg.3f4255f8a1ee3c481fb49eb7d221fb08.jpg

So I actually went out and got Emre Mor as well. Was unable to renew the contract for Musa Al-Tamari as he wanted assurances of being an important player, so we ended up needing 2 RWs instead of 1. Hopefully Emre can capture some of his best form with us.

1843212474_checkback.jpg.1655194197508f22f52a665db293d206.jpg

Check Oumar Diakite (former academy player we sold for 1.5m) is back but this time as a squad player, to add numbers to midfield. It of course helps that he came through the Paris FC academy and knows the place so well.

zizou.jpg.043b7c8b96df451eb7358bc9e75dc675.jpg

We have a new #1 (well, not really). Luca "Zizou" Zidane joins us on a free transfer to provide competition for the goalie spot, although I am not expecting Larsonnier to lose it anytime soon.

diarra.jpg.08868af7472bb744a46b5dd49156aeda.jpg

Save the best for last? My scouts found this fellow in October playing for Toulouse in Ligue 2. He looks like one of the most well-rounded 17 year olds I have seen, so we immediately pounced. I thought he would be joining in January but turns out he immediately joined under the "Joker" transfer window. He will be providing a rotation option with Nouri in midfield as he slowly breaks into the team. Also as you can see his value has absolutely shot up since arriving. And a final thing, he has Senegalese nationality so hopefully I can also convince him to play for them.

And to wrap up the transfers, we also have 2 players returning from loan deals who will be integrated into the first team squad this season:

abass.jpg.ceccb13710a8b1c4ae3d840b377d0d9e.jpg

Abass Samari had a good season with Dijon in Ligue 2 and seems ready for some more first team football. He was getting games until Diarra joined but now I fear if we have too many players in midfield.

fofs.jpg.575c806bc104b609dafddbae0e754b71.jpg

Michel Fofana also was at Dijon and finished as their top scorer. He has been consistently improving and his value has also shot up. He starts as under study to Laura up front but I won't be totally surprised if he surpasses him at some point.

You're excellent with the transfers in general, but I have to say - this one has to be one of the better hauls!  You seemed to get nothing but young players that are quality now but could turn into absolute stars - either for Paris FC or to sell on and reinvest.  Future is bright in (real) Paris. 

If I were PSG I'd be getting nervous, and panic buying players for €700m for some retail therapy to calm my nervous.

2 hours ago, 13th Man said:

If I were PSG I'd be getting nervous, and panic buying players for €700m for some retail therapy to calm my nervous.

Who are they going to buy? Haaland is probably at Man City and Mbappe is either in Madrid or Munich and those are the two best players in the game. AI PSG AWAYS lets Mbappe walk for free...

They should just blame it all on Neymar ruining the Locker Room Dynamic and accept relegation to get rid of the BAD CONTRACTS!

Edited by Hootieleece

13 hours ago, 13th Man said:

You're excellent with the transfers in general, but I have to say - this one has to be one of the better hauls!  You seemed to get nothing but young players that are quality now but could turn into absolute stars - either for Paris FC or to sell on and reinvest.  Future is bright in (real) Paris. 

Thank you. I think at this point in the team progression we have to focus on elite youth to have any chance of taking on PSG. Obviously established world class players will not join us at 20k per week :lol: Now the challenge of course will be keeping them together!

PSG indeed are never far from a bit of "retail therapy" as you say, they've got Vini Jr for 105m and Gio Reyna for 101m in the past year! 

11 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Who are they going to buy? Haaland is probably at Man City and Mbappe is either in Madrid or Munich and those are the two best players in the game. AI PSG AWAYS lets Mbappe walk for free...

They should just blame it all on Neymar ruining the Locker Room Dynamic and accept relegation to get rid of the BAD CONTRACTS!

Yep, Haaland is at Liverpool and Mbappe is at Man Utd (go figure, that's another topic how they always kill it in FM and suck IRL :rolleyes:). Hopefully both of those boys should stay in England for the duration of this save. Also I think Mbappe leaving on a free is pre-programmed in the game this time.

2025-26 Half Term Report

fixtures6.jpg.66eeb1dfc711fc7deea358921662f948.jpg

fixtures7.jpg.b595b00fdd8b01bf57a3784a05b06098.jpg

We started off a bit slow, maybe due to all the transfers. In the beginning we were just struggling to score and getting by being defensively strong.

Unfortunately, we somehow conspired to lose to Rangers in the Qualifying round for the UEFA Champions League. We absolutely battered them at home, 30 shots but no goals. And of course they scored from a counter attack in the 89th minute. More of the same at Ibrox as we were on top, and then even had Ante Coric missing a penalty. That knocked the wind out of our sails and out we went. So NO Champions League group stage for us this time. Instead it was off to the Europa!

The league form has been top notch, as you can see we are yet to lose a game. We got a hard fought goalless draw away against PSG, definitely our best performance so far at the Parc de Princes.

This also means that we have officially broken the record for the longest unbeaten streak ever in Ligue 1 which was held by PSG at 36 games. We are now up to 44!

1139237293_recordrun.jpg.59bb622b8de1fcb907a930414f7c3fd7.jpg

The crazy thing will be when we fail to win the league despite having this record :lol: which seems quite likely

And so here is the league table at this juncture:

1704826625_leaguetable.jpg.774f3556de96ac089da32e393e23c51d.jpg

Sadly, while we are doing really well, this is the season PSG have decided to return to their imperious best. 17 wins and 1 draw (against us) from 18 games, there will be no catching them this season. But we should cement our status as the best of the rest.

1324200272_uelgroup.jpg.a8bb1b770726073d91998f1f29b4018c.jpg

We also managed to progress from our Europa group, 2nd place behind Leipzig. And got rewarded with a fairly hard fixture in the knockouts.

benfica.jpg.038e19f1754bf909ba0889980e1e6168.jpg

The in-take preview has also arrived:

678052004_intakepreview.jpg.c0c28c379bb8134c3f6da7abb18fc1c7.jpg

Realistically this is probably the last intake of the save from where a player could break into the first team as I don't see myself lasting beyond 2030 at Paris FC. I really hope that either this AM or one of the wingers is top class as both are positions we will need someone in.

Finally, here are the squad stats from the first half of the season:

1440947665_squadstats3.thumb.jpg.c9b0a593604f37663a9a8eea9781da6c.jpg

Some interesting things to note:

- Tumbas has made an excellent start to life in France! Due to his physical attributes he is such a threat and equally comfortable on either flank it seems

- Fofana has officially taken over as our main striker. Laura had a very slow start to the season strangely enough and the young Ivorian grabbed his chance with both hands

- Emre Mor has also made a strong start and pretty much made that IW role on the right flank his own

- Nouri continues to develop and be a key player for us in midfield and definitely our future captain

- Zagre has continued where he left off and also once again won Ligue 1 Revelation of the year

PSG are the bogeyman of French Football, just when you think you have them where you want them, they miraculously recover form! (oil money helps!)

I remember Neymar alone making as much or more than my entire Clermont team, that got lucky and won the title one season!

Just keep winning in league and maybe the "Stormtroopers'" will falter!

8 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Flying at the minute! But like you said it seems your city rivals are raising the bar again!

Thanks! And yes very annoying :seagull:

7 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

PSG are the bogeyman of French Football, just when you think you have them where you want them, they miraculously recover form! (oil money helps!)

I remember Neymar alone making as much or more than my entire Clermont team, that got lucky and won the title one season!

Just keep winning in league and maybe the "Stormtroopers'" will falter!

Yes, it's the same for me a number of their players are on higher wages than my entire squad. We are on around 340k a week in all. The maximum being Emre Mor at 25 grand. 

Anyway yes will have to wait for them to falter, no other option really!

On 25/01/2022 at 12:46, karanhsingh said:

diarra.jpg.08868af7472bb744a46b5dd49156aeda.jpg

Save the best for last? My scouts found this fellow in October playing for Toulouse in Ligue 2. He looks like one of the most well-rounded 17 year olds I have seen, so we immediately pounced. I thought he would be joining in January but turns out he immediately joined under the "Joker" transfer window. He will be providing a rotation option with Nouri in midfield as he slowly breaks into the team. Also as you can see his value has absolutely shot up since arriving. And a final thing, he has Senegalese nationality so hopefully I can also convince him to play for them.

Guys, I am a bit confused about how to train and play this kid, because he is good at so many things and not really great at anything... currently have him training as a box to box with focus on quickness - although thinking to change it to ball control or training.

In games I play him as a BBM or AP(s) so far which also means a slight change in tactics. He has been coming off the bench mainly and doing alright. Any thoughts?

Edited by karanhsingh

Diarra looks like a better playmaker then an B2B midfielder at the moment but at only 17 he can probably be trained into either. I'd say to continue train to train him in the role you think is more important for your tactics. Personally I always like the box to box role so having a good especially with a high work rate is what I'd go for. 

45 minutes ago, JaytheGreat said:

Diarra looks like a better playmaker then an B2B midfielder at the moment but at only 17 he can probably be trained into either. I'd say to continue train to train him in the role you think is more important for your tactics. Personally I always like the box to box role so having a good especially with a high work rate is what I'd go for. 

Yes I agree with you, will probably stick to B2B for now as it's also a good all round training schedule for the player.

I’d agree that B2B is good for Diarra. If he was a bit better at dribbling than maybe AM, but as it is, he’s a really good all around player. His traits are also well suited to the role. 
I might train movement as he’s not great in that department and that’s important for a B2B.

4 hours ago, 13th Man said:

I’d agree that B2B is good for Diarra. If he was a bit better at dribbling than maybe AM, but as it is, he’s a really good all around player. His traits are also well suited to the role. 
I might train movement as he’s not great in that department and that’s important for a B2B.

Thanks mate I'll take that on board! Agree with you about the traits. Wondering what else to add if anything. 

14 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks mate I'll take that on board! Agree with you about the traits. Wondering what else to add if anything. 

Yeah, I was thinking doing individual training for off the ball. I think it’s under “final third”? Think it also trains a few other nice attributes.  They’ve switched it up a few times so I forget at the moment…

5 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Yeah, I was thinking doing individual training for off the ball. I think it’s under “final third”? Think it also trains a few other nice attributes.  They’ve switched it up a few times so I forget at the moment…

It's under attacking movement just checked - final third is for composure and decisions. 

3 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

Holy moly this FM 22 is more easy that i thought

FM 21 and 20 were very hard at playing that

It's not that easy :)

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

It's under attacking movement just checked - final third is for composure and decisions.

Aha! I was right(ish) the first time. I have to check it every time though. Just can’t keep them track somehow even though they’re perfectly logical…

1 minute ago, 13th Man said:

Aha! I was right(ish) the first time. I have to check it every time though. Just can’t keep them track somehow even though they’re perfectly logical…

Yes, although what continues to irritate me is not being able to train concentration & tackling.

106810109_janfeb.jpg.335718dd71f900c6389c774f2d38480d.jpg

Jan & Feb were excellent months, including a very solid home win over PSG. We also comfortably dispatched Benfica in the Europa League first knockout. Looks like the team is really maturing!

table2.jpg.a351a4d13706aa48e26c3a0c45d5ec6c.jpg 

The gap has been cut to 3 points so could we have an unlikely title race on our hands? March is a huge month which will decide a lot of things.

The annual youth intake has arrived and I am sad to say it is disappointing once again, despite what it says on the tin.

intake4.jpg.a1461c57bf1f4586e26f845b42b39b13.jpg

tchami.jpg.69a3ce49e84b86e13e4cb3351de7b2de.jpg

Tchami is the "elite" prospect, although I doubt he gets anywhere near the first team.

bacha.jpg.6cfb6e5a99a44085cf0c2aeda9fed21e.jpg

The keeper Bacha actually looks better to me but does not seem to have a good PA.

On a side note, I am really annoyed & disappointed by the intakes. This is the 4th one at Paris FC and not one single first team player out of it. In fact the only one, Mehdi Nouri, came through the very first intake so right before I joined the club.

We are on 20 for youth recruitment, junior coaching, training & youth facilities. Have a fantastic DOF and great youth coaching staff and of course we are in one of the best regions/ countries for youth. So I just cannot understand what is going wrong here.

In better news though, we have broken into the NxGn list!

wonderkids.jpg.7b3bac38dd26510dd8c3bf9de9b0a582.jpg

And not just broken in, Michel Fofana has only gone and got the top spot! Quite a surprise tbh, because he has been good surely but not that amazing to be topping the list already. We also have new signing Diarra rounding off the top 10. Tumbas just turned 20 so he misses out otherwise would surely have been in there too.

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Yes, although what continues to irritate me is not being able to train concentration & tackling.

Kind of agree on tackling but get that it’s not it’s own thing - maybe it’s just me but I can’t remember ever going through tackling specific training. I got much better when I played a season as a cover CB on an absolutely #^%t team, but while I did positioning, aerial, tactical training etc, can’t think of any tackling ones.

Concentration too…seems more realistic to me - how would you train concentration? I got better over time, but that was experience not training.

Just now, 13th Man said:

Kind of agree on tackling but get that it’s not it’s own thing - maybe it’s just me but I can’t remember ever going through tackling specific training. I got much better when I played a season as a cover CB on an absolutely #^%t team, but while I did positioning, aerial, tactical training etc, can’t think of any tackling ones.

Concentration too…seems more realistic to me - how would you train concentration? I got better over time, but that was experience not training.

I agree with you but then I feel like, if they can specifically train decisions or composure, surely they can do concentration too? I don't see the difference.

As for tackling - it can be done in one on one drills I'd have thought - train the wingers dribbling together with the fullbacks tackling at the same time.

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

I agree with you but then I feel like, if they can specifically train decisions or composure, surely they can do concentration too? I don't see the difference.

As for tackling - it can be done in one on one drills I'd have thought - train the wingers dribbling together with the fullbacks tackling at the same time.

True on tackling. I was usually going one on one w CBs but I remember those drills now, fair point.

Decisions can be trained by tactics and game footage study etc. Composure and concentration though I see as being the same though. I was always garbage with composure and no amount of experience helped! Have a CB all over me with no time to control the ball and take a 20 yard pop? Goal. One on one with the keeper overcommitted? Right at the keeper/just past the post guaranteed! Concentration I kind of feel the same about…

To reply to the posts you did while I was writing my response to an earlier one…interesting how youth intakes work. I had no first trainers come through at Livorno in FM21, yet have two almost ready for first team coming up with Pompey after just two years!

bottled.jpg.677bfd3edfad8d0ba3d7fbad221b5230.jpg

Bottled it.

As I was saying March would be a huge month for our aspirations on multiple fronts.

Draws against Brest & Rennes pretty much put paid to our slim title hopes - conceding injury time equalizers in both games. We were on a downward spiral by now and then went down to a well-deserved loss in Lille. The Ligue 1 campaign is officially done as first place is far gone and 2nd seems to be fairly secure.

Onto Europe - we got absolutely out-classed, out-played, however you want to put it - by AC Milan. I was not expecting such a dismantling. Given that we had recently matched PSG head to head. It just showed how far we still have to go. It was men against boys.

The only saving grace was a resounding cup win over Lyon which has set up a nice little date in mid-May in Paris:

1395928231_finalefix.jpg.aba01c325da1bd074b4da333d4807d91.jpg