[FM24] [WIP] Iron Curtain 1988 - If you rebuild it, it will come.

Some more work on Belgium tonight and that brings us to 250K in changes for players alone :D

I checked in game with a few tests and we are past 720K total at the moment for the files I have now.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 players to check in Luxembourg and the Benelux is done. Belgium took a little longer than hoped, but I have some stuff to distract me during this routine player movement work.

Yes, I can think of two projects at the same time :D

After the Benelux it will be time for the three big Central European ones, Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and I will add Liechtenstein to Switzerland for good measure. Those three combine for the 3000 of the 6800 foreign players left, so when those are out of the way I am pretty much on the home stretch for the biggest amount of work. The player file is on 258K now, which is about a third of all total changes!

As you may notice updates are slower at the moment, which is mostly because of the large quantity of player to check for Germany. I have 56 more to move and then I can start at the top 2 divisions. Do not expect me to start with Austria before next week.

Luckily I found a good mode for competition edits thanks to the good examples from FM20 by @Reiverso that goes slightly quicker than I hoped.

176 more to go and (West) Germany is completely finished. Things went quicker than expected (and hoped to be honest). Still Austria will be the biggest part to chew on as Germany has a lot of German second nations (700+) while Austria only has around 300.

West and East Germany are now completely finished and it is time for some Austrian cuisine! Will take me quite a bit of time next week and probably the week after as well, since holiday is over tomorrow :(

That's a tough one to answer. For the players file I am at about 80% For the competition it varies, looking at the international competitions it is only the North American and European Club Competitions left as I fixed the World Cup, World Youth Tournament and Olympics like I did in FM20. For the national competition there is a lot more work to do as all those relegations, promotions and playoffs need to be set. But it is hard to put a number that to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

365 Austrians to go, so almost there. That should be finished Tuesday or Wednesday. Luckily Switzerland is somewhat smaller. Things have gone very slow since I got back to work and not exactly the way I want it. I have noticed so in other things as well.

That took a little longer than hoped, but I have started on the Swiss file tonight. Luckily not as much to do as the Austrian file, but still will take time. Player file alone is at 286K in changes and the game is at 806K with all files (except for a full East Germany and full Yugoslavia). Let's see when we hit 1,000,000M :D

Tomorrow the Swiss lower levels are finished and then it's cleaning up the First and Second division. That should be done on Friday. Considering Liechtenstein is also very small :D I expect to start with France on Saturday and possibly might even finish that one in the weekend. Andorra should be done on Tuesday or Wednesday (I have some evenings planned with other stuff) and then it is time for Spain. But I am below 4000 foreigners now, so that's going nice.

The end for this file is slowly coming!

Hopefully the brain fog lifts a bit so I concentrate better.

France is progressing nicely. Currently working through the last 10 teams from Ligue 1 and 2. So I expect to be working on Andorra tonight already.

Deciding who gets kicked out of PSG is tough though!

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

France is progressing nicely. Currently working through the last 10 teams from Ligue 1 and 2. So I expect to be working on Andorra tonight already.

Deciding who gets kicked out of PSG is tough though!

Messi and Ramos are out! Among others that is. But France is done and Andorra is now on the chopping board. It's suprisingly larger in terms of foreigners than other of the small nations.

Andorra has 48 foreigners to go and then is finished. So that should be done tomorrow.

After that the last big one Spain. Spain is about 1/3 of the total left. The next biggest (Portugal) is about half of Spain, so those two together are indeed half of the work.

Andorra is done. Done some quick checks tonight and noticed that I only need to 200 foreigners to have level 1 and 2 done. That's less than I expected. On the other side is the 164 Argentinian players below level 2 that need to be checked!

12 ore fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

Andorra is done. Done some quick checks tonight and noticed that I only need to 200 foreigners to have level 1 and 2 done. That's less than I expected. On the other side is the 164 Argentinian players below level 2 that need to be checked!

why don't you just release them and let the game sort them out?

1 ora fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

For some of the foreigners there is that thought. There are a few at the Spanish lower division that might get a quick ''bye bye'

just to be clear, if you suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and decided to just kick ALL of them and release the db, I think I'd totally support that mindless move

that being said, my manager in fm16 Iron Curtain is approaching 85 and he will indeed need a reincarnation.

16 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

just to be clear, if you suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and decided to just kick ALL of them and release the db, I think I'd totally support that mindless move

:D There is more work to be done, sorry.

20 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

that being said, my manager in fm16 Iron Curtain is approaching 85 and he will indeed need a reincarnation.

Impressive staying power. If people will spend IC20 or IC22 playing for 3-4 years I would be very happy.

2 minuti fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

Impressive staying power. If people will spend IC20 or IC22 playing for 3-4 years I would be very happy.

from my experience, the best thing to achieve that is to avoid publishing any new database. :D

on a side note, I  get lots of requests for fm16 db downloads recently. I'll let you make your own conclusions to why it is so :D 

KUTGW!

On 22/02/2023 at 18:24, MBarbaric said:

from my experience, the best thing to achieve that is to avoid publishing any new database. :D

Hmm, need to think about this ;)

In other news, managed to pick up a new corona infection, so speed will go down for a while. Hopefully it will be light.

Added bonus, turns out I am allergic to a painkiller that I have used for many years (probably because my immune system is having a party anyway), so my eyes look I have been in a boxing match :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2023 at 12:19, Wolf_pd said:

Unfortunately, I no longer have a copy of FM22 - nor can it be purchased through any means I'm aware of... otherwise I'd absolutely give IC22 a few years of playing time.

Physical copies can be bought via places like Ebay, Amazon and such, possibly, but it depends on availability. It is how I bought FM16 some years back and recently FM19 (although that was mainly to complete the collection ;) )

48 foreign players to go to finish player movement. After that it is various checks for data cleanup and I have to move some staff around. But that's all mainly mop up duty.

So it is recuperating from the brain fog and then back to competition work.

Total changecount yesterday was 888K.

Working on mop up duty currently. Things are going fast. The players file was on 329K when I finished all foreigner work and it is now on 347K. Small changes, but in bulk, so things go really fast.

The players files is finished with 350212 and I am converting it to version 22.3.

That's not a success as there are 76 errors in nations and a whopping 16215 errors in people :( 

The nation errors should be fixed quickly (in just 12 nations). The player changes apply to 7432 players. Ouch.... Oh, the joys of versions!

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

The players files is finished with 350212 and I am converting it to version 22.3.

That's not a success as there are 76 errors in nations and a whopping 16215 errors in people :( 

The nation errors should be fixed quickly (in just 12 nations). The player changes apply to 7432 players. Ouch.... Oh, the joys of versions!

The nation errors have been fixed and strangely all had to do with famous people that I deleted. Anyway, that was an easy fix.

In the meantime I am looking into the people errors. Several are apparently with language changes, which does explain the errors for 1500 Japanese people (yes, that's one fifth of all affected people!). I am thinking how to do this the quickest and I think I have an idea how to fix this while avoiding to have to reload every time, because reloading after a fix is the real issue in removing the real errors. Another error turns out to be with regard to players that I have moved where I have set a 0 as transfer fee. Since that 0 is needed, that means I do have to go through everything unfortunately. Otherwise the moved players will lead to immense transfer fees. That's a slight bummer, but.... and this is important, this is the kind of work that I can do in some quiet hours when I am not working on competitions. So I got some more work to do the next two weeks ;)

Ok, the good news is that with one change I have managed to remove 4000 errors. And I am already down from 16215 to 11938.

There was a weird data error where all Japanese people had the languages Slovenian, Bosnian and Serbian assigned. Don't ask me why, but it seems this has been fixed in the 23.3 for a large part. As I also fixed this in my 23.1 database those changes conflicted with each other and gave the error.

So I seem to remember that in previous version you would have to fix an error and then remove the unsuccesfull change. After that you would have to reload the database and apply undeleted changes. Apparently that is no longer needed and it will speed up my work immensely! Suddenly those 10K errors don't look that back of a mountain anymore.

image.png.0a410ab5fc73bb2c1764bc262e2d196e.png

This is a gamechanger in terms of speed for me. I am a happy editor now :)

A normal evening of work means 700 errors have been cleared today and I am down to 8300 now. Unfortunately tomorrow and Wednesday will be very short evenings due to physio and an office day on Wednesday, but if I don't fall asleep on Thursday I can do another 500. Friday another physio round. No idea how fast things will go though, but 1000 a day should be doable in the weekend with the things that have been planned. So I am at least 2500 to fix until Sunday and more can be done I want to have max 5000 left after the coming weekend.

Got the errors down to 3700 last night, so that's much better than the 5K remaining I was expecting. But there is some bad news as well as work will keep me away from editing until May 1st (or earlier depending on whether a certain colleague goes on holiday before that). So I will be resting and recovering from work annoyances for most of the time the coming month.

• 2 weeks later...

While I am on hiatus, it doesn't mean I am completely out of the editor. I think I have found a solution for the issues with the Canadian championship that are plagueing me in 22.3. If so, it would mean one headscratching issue less.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2023 at 18:37, Wolf_pd said:

Got the errors down to 3700 last night, so that's much better than the 5K remaining I was expecting. But there is some bad news as well as work will keep me away from editing until May 1st (or earlier depending on whether a certain colleague goes on holiday before that). So I will be resting and recovering from work annoyances for most of the time the coming month.

Turns out May 1st was thought too positive. The change in positions inside our team has been resolved yesterday, but we also have an re-organisation for our IT environment, which will mean a new boss, possibly a new agreement on working from home (or not working from home) and the thing I am most happy about of all...., so called bootcamps. Those bootcamps will mean days away from home, possibly nights as well. That will take untill the end of June, so there goes my free time :(

• 2 weeks later...

(Cursing out loud in Dutch) I found the issue with the North American Championship. I just hate it when a team gets renamed and a new entity is created. Thank you, Montreal Impact, for giving me a months long head ache :(

Anyway, that issue has been fixed when I swapped Montreal Impact with CF Montreal.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Lol - wait, is that 3,000 hours in the game or in the pre-game editor?  :D

Pre-game editor only :D I have done a lot more hours in the editor than in the game actually.

On 01/05/2023 at 15:07, Wolf_pd said:

Pre-game editor only :D I have done a lot more hours in the editor than in the game actually.

I am gradually coming to the conclusion that I have found myself getting more enjoyment out of the editor than actually playing the game. Maybe I'm "FM'd out". 😔

3 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I am gradually coming to the conclusion that I have found myself getting more enjoyment out of the editor than actually playing the game. Maybe I'm "FM'd out". 😔

I mostly enjoy my own shenanigans in the editor and the game these days. FM is more fun when I rule the world.