Media: How does YOUR responses to the media affect YOUR MANAGER profile (attributes) and your PLAYERS?

If it doesn't change any stats (other than your "Media Handling"), I don't see any purpose for interacting with the media.

Does anyone know for sure? (maybe SI can help us here?)

Or is it just a pure RPG-aspect of the game with no attribute/personality change?

6 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

If it doesn't change any stats (other than your "Media Handling"), I don't see any purpose for interacting with the media.

Does anyone know for sure? (maybe SI can help us here?)

Or is it just a pure RPG-aspect of the game with no attribute/personality change?

I don’t know for sure but I would like for the board to actually take handling media into consideration for job security and hiring depending on what their objectives are.

Maybe a club looking to build up its rep would rather hire a manager that’s media friendly and won’t consider hiring someone who leaves it up to the assistant. 

RPG elements definitely should play a bigger factor. I think a lot of the characteristics that your manager develops should have a bigger impact in the game.

It affects morale and motivation for both your, and opposition, players. 

If done well, you can motivate your players and spark complacency in the opposition.

it’s one of the reasons people think the game is scripted - people save before a match and replay it, the get the same result multiple times, but by this point the affects of the press conference are already locked in.

It’s often marginal gains/losses, but they do have an impact.

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

It affects morale and motivation for both your, and opposition, players. 

If done well, you can motivate your players and spark complacency in the opposition.

it’s one of the reasons people think the game is scripted - people save before a match and replay it, the get the same result multiple times, but by this point the affects of the press conference are already locked in.

It’s often marginal gains/losses, but they do have an impact.

So nothing on attributes?

33 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

So nothing on attributes?

No, and why should it? Answering questions in a news conference doesn’t make you a better coach, or increase your tactical or player knowledge.

But that doesn’t mean they’re pointless.

It also doesn’t make them any less of a repetitive chore, but like I said, marginal gains.

The one I can't fathom is when you've got a former player in the upcoming opponents, or a player playing against a former club. It doesn't seem to matter whether you pay them a compliment, or criticize them, or just bat away the question. Whatever I say apparently upsets the player in question.

• 2 years later...

Apologies to resurrect this back from the dead but this is why I stopped attending press conferences and Media Interactions in general:

MyMFmh.thumb.jpg.baa0267fed2ba885567946c743a461ed.jpg

I got the Media Friendly trait, which isn't that good. You may ask why - because I believe my personality might influence my players' mental development. :)