Player unnrealistic high demands contract for home club - BUG ?!?!

Player contract renewal demands are unrealistically high for home club, but agree lower reputation clubs with lower wage!!!

Example:

Athletic Bilbao: 3 times Laliga champion, semi final Champions League, top 12 Europe reputation, reach, top facility (2029-2030)

Gk Unai Simon (195k Euro/w) demand 500k Euro per week and reject even 450 k... Same reputation keepers in top clubs as Athletic have salaries around 150-250 k/w.

And I had to sell him for 35m Euro :(

And then this bastard accept 135k offer from Roma!!! Where is the logic!!!

I have several tallantes newgens which also start demands same wages. Is this normal life practice? They will reject home grown club offer for 300-350k and leave to lower or same reputation clubs for 150k wages??!!!

I hope it is game bug and will be fixed soon (((

1 hour ago, Ratamahatta said:

1842390694_.thumb.png.a565ba8161571cade9b3a5c692f28311.pngSimon was top 3 in salary

It looks as though he wants to be top in salary (if he's your main keeper, it'll be because he likely plays pretty much every game), and given Unai Vencedor is paid 375k/w, he wants paying a chunk more than that. He'd probably ask for less if you didn't have someone being paid that substantially more than everyone else.

4 minutes ago, Ratamahatta said:

1194634409_.thumb.png.0e9819252faf63769f1ed279862a00ba.pngTried to extend contract with Sunset... Real Madrid players with higher reputation have sallaries ard 300k. But if he will go to another club he will agree salary abt 150k.

It so sad...

On the previous screen, where you make promises, did he want a lot of promises to be made? Did you remove a lot/all of them?

I found problem!!!

The problem was in wages budget adjustment. I had 3.5m euro per weeek. Then I put to minimum allowed (become abt 2m/w) and players start demanding much much less then before.

It looks like game engine connect expectations from players to free budget money. I think it should not works like so...

BUG or fichure???

4 minutes ago, Ratamahatta said:

It looks like game engine connect expectations from players to free budget money. I think it should not works like so...

I'm not a big fan of this either but in real life players do seem to really take advantage when negotiating contracts with clubs they know have a lot of money to spend.

I'd also like to add that I think you're handling the wages of your players pretty well, not that my praise should mean much.

Edited by Baodan

On 25/01/2022 at 12:25, Ratamahatta said:

I found problem!!!

The problem was in wages budget adjustment. I had 3.5m euro per weeek. Then I put to minimum allowed (become abt 2m/w) and players start demanding much much less then before.

BUG or fichure???

Pretty much common knowledge at this point. I shake my head every time I see someone stacking 100's of millions and going way below the wage budget. There's just no reason to, gameplay wise. The one dude earning 3x more than all but one player isn't helping either, but in general players will take the financial status into consideration. It can also work in your favour, sometimes I can stop contract unhappiness by saying "The club can't afford a pay rise", and where there's no money in the bank they sometimes accept it.  

In general though, you should have pretty much everyone locked in to 8 year contracts (you can get 9 years if you extend early in a season with end of season start, but I rarely bother with that), to keep wage inflation from getting out of control. Players demand more money in FM22 in general than in previous versions, imo anyway.