Adding New Possible Stadium Names for a team

Dacar2p

When a team builds a new stadium the naming options are very poor. And in the case of Spain it does not make any sense. If the club has a legend the stadium can be named after him but the name will be. (Name Surename Arena). This is not realistic in Spain and in Spanish language. It should be just the name of the legend or "Estadio Name Surename" (Estadi in Catalonia, Valencia and Balearic Islands).

Some stadiums keep the name of the old stadium and add a "Nuevo"(Spainsh) "Nou" (Catalan) like "Nuevo Carlos Tartiere" in Oviedo, which is located in a different place than the old "Carlos Tartiere". Of course with this option we have to avoid having too much Nuevo, "Nuevo Nuevo Colombino" for example.

In the game, sometimes when a new stadium is built the name is (in Spain) "Estadio del (Club Short Name)". "Estadio del CD Leganés" I find this very poor, I think that the teams should have in the database possible naming options for the new stadiums, It could be legends, adding the Nuevo to the current name or another type of names like place names, famous people of the city...

For example. For Oviedo it could be "La Florida" or "Estadio de La Florida", "Olivares", "La Corredoria". These names are toponyms of some neighbourhoods of Oviedo. Or "Fernando Alonso".

It would be good in my oppinion to have in the database some options for the naming and to correct how the legends name thei new stadium in Spain to avoid "Name Surename Arena".

In the database it also would be great to have some probability to each name to appear in the game in the case of a new stadium.

• 1 year later...