Does SI plan to add duel monitor support

PandaIsland

I played FM on a single monitor, my setup was two pcs, two monitors due to working at home. Recently i switched to 1 pc over two monitors.

FM doesnt support duel monitor, i know sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt not sure what triggers it like having two games loaded on duel monitor or what

This has been asked a lot

user called Amahzing asked 7 years ago on reddit

mackayy4 asked 5 years ago

djuuuuu asked 2 years ago

thetruth204 asked 10 years ago

ross ingersoll asked 5 years ago

thegreatduv asked 3 years ago

zeo on fmscout asked 8 years ago

twiggy asked 3 years ago on steam

Most of the time you say there is not enough people on duel monitor but we have been asking for it for almost 10 years. You cant tell me that not enough people have duel monitor in 2021 with all the streaming and video making and duel productivity that goes on

Sorry, just curious, for what exactly we would use dual monitors in fm? 

I can't think of any other situation than using it in match for example, you put stats on one monitor and pitch on other monitor for example. 

And you say sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work, so there is already some support for dual monitors? 

Just now, Marko1989 said:

Sorry, just curious, for what exactly we would use dual monitors in fm? 

I can't think of any other situation than using it in match for example, you put stats on one monitor and pitch on other monitor for example. 

And you say sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work, so there is already some support for dual monitors? 

its more so support to be able to play fm on one monitor and watch/play other things on the 2nd monitor rn it will always freeze after a bit

5 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Hmm, I play FM that way for more than 10 years now. I watch youtube or work something like coding on one monitor while fm is on another monitor, everything works fine

maybe its when i have another game open. Normally i play minecraft and fm at the same time

11 minutes ago, PandaIsland said:

maybe its when i have another game open. Normally i play minecraft and fm at the same time

Oh.. That is probably related to how good is the pc. I will try 2 games at the same time in 2 days when I get home and will let ypu know how it works

Edited by Marko1989

• SI Staff

I'm not sure specifically what you're asking for here. For a feature request please be as specific as possible.

I previously used a dual monitor system playing Football Manager while doing various other things on my second monitor with no issues on a PC that was built to handle such a workload. 

1 hour ago, Jack Sarahs said:

I'm not sure specifically what you're asking for here. For a feature request please be as specific as possible.

I previously used a dual monitor system playing Football Manager while doing various other things on my second monitor with no issues on a PC that was built to handle such a workload. 

have you tried running FM and another game side by side on two monitors at the same time because that seems to cause a problem with the game my pc is good enough to run both, as both are low end spec games

Thats not an issue with FM mate, it's a resource issue (memory, possibly CPU too). Playing 2 x games at once is a real drain on resources. 

Memory intensive games like Minecraft and FM dont tend to go well together at the same time, unless you have a ton of spare resources. 

For example I play FM and Escapists and that works ok, but Escapists isn't too bad.  For info i have 16GB RAM

15 minutes ago, webeto said:

Thats not an issue with FM mate, it's a resource issue (memory, possibly CPU too). Playing 2 x games at once is a real drain on resources. 

Memory intensive games like Minecraft and FM dont tend to go well together at the same time, unless you have a ton of spare resources. 

For example I play FM and Escapists and that works ok, but Escapists isn't too bad.  For info i have 16GB RAM

I tried it just running youtube and fm it was fine for a few hours and then freezed up,

my specs are

amd ryzen 5 2600x

32gb ddr4

500 ssd

500 m.2 ssd

1 minute ago, PandaIsland said:

I tried it just running youtube and fm it was fine for a few hours and then freezed up,

my specs are

amd ryzen 5 2600x

32gb ddr4

500 ssd

500 m.2 ssd

Im sorry to hear that, i run FM most days for 12 hours or so, with Youtube/Horizon view client/multiple browsers etc on two monitors

Maybe check your task manager whilst it is freezing, see whats maxing out your resources

5 minutes ago, webeto said:

Im sorry to hear that, i run FM most days for 12 hours or so, with Youtube/Horizon view client/multiple browsers etc on two monitors

Maybe check your task manager whilst it is freezing, see whats maxing out your resources

as writting this im back to 1 monitor with the game and music on cpu is on 10% and memory is on 30%

My advice would be to test both monitors again, get it back to the point where it starts to freeze, then check your resources

All i can say is that ive been doing what you are trying to do and it works fine, so the capability is not an issue - you just need some more evidence to find out why it is happening

13 hours ago, webeto said:

My advice would be to test both monitors again, get it back to the point where it starts to freeze, then check your resources

All i can say is that ive been doing what you are trying to do and it works fine, so the capability is not an issue - you just need some more evidence to find out why it is happening

I have tested both seperatly and both are fine. I have done some more complicated test and have posted it on a pc support fourm to see if its a problem with my setup rather than the game

• 1 month later...