Shadow Manager: Learning My Lesson In Essen

Carambau

spacer.png

LEARNING MY LESSON IN ESSEN

SEASON 2030/2031

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

spacer.png

Former cup-winning striker Musa has left the building. He had one-and-a-half great seasons for us! Central defender duo Pieper & Carstens just weren´t good enough anymore. Calvillo needs to get match practice. The other players were moaning about not getting enough game time and so they were loaned out or sold.

spacer.png

Jiri Duda is a great young winger talent from Czechia, I hope he can have an immediate impact as we miss some firepower on the wings. Wagner is also a winger but not as good and planned more as cover. Gunnarsson should be a good backup keeper, having earned some caps for Iceland already. Orihuela & Gechter are there to bolster our defense, but not planned as first teamers.

THE SQUAD 

spacer.png

I hope Sola Maecky continues his fantastic development and keeps scoring important (and many) goals. Jiri Duda is looking really talented and I hope he can live up to the hype. He is the only new signing who is planned to play regularly, the rest already is a tight bunch and could gel even more this season. Champions League here we come!

THE TACTICAL APPROACH

spacer.png

The tactics worked well, so we stick with them. 

THE KEY PLAYERS

Andreas Andersson

spacer.png

Our Box-To-Box-Midfielder.

Ben Nelson

spacer.png

The leader from the back.

Joe Joyce

spacer.png

The Deep Lying Playmaker.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2030/2031

THE SEASON

THE LEAGUE

spacer.png

What a close Bundesliga finish! And we finish 3rd in the end and will play in the UEFA Champions League again next season! This really was a season to remember as we managed to beat Bayern on both occasions in the league, 3-2 away and 1-0 at home. It can get better than this... or can it?

THE CUPS

spacer.png

We once again reached the final of the DFB Pokal, beating RB Leipzig, Schalke and Freiburg on our way. But in the end the quality Bayerns players like Mbappé made the difference. Nevertheless, a very good effort by the lads.

spacer.png

Our Champions League adventure ended early. No wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats let us finish in last place.

THE YOUTH TEAM

spacer.png

Bey is the only real talent there. Meh intake again.

THE SEASON STATS

spacer.png

There is no "I" in the word "TEAM" and thats exactly what defines our game! There is no player who is the "star" in this squad. Everyone contributes what he can and it shows on the pitch - we are famous for our fighting spirit by now as we never give up and try to win until the time is up. Robert Wagner was the surprise of the season as he was only planned as a rotation player but he made his way into the first team effortlessly, contributing to 16 goals, most of them decisive ones. As our defense was very tight, we won many close matches by a narrow margin but thats what great teams do, right?

NEWS

spacer.png

There are no real plans yet, only talk. We will have to wait and see.

Edited by Carambau

The problem with trying to top Bayern is that they almost never draw a league game, yes, they may lose 3-4 but they usually win the rest. I am playing in Germany as Hertha and have gone undefeated twice and come in 3rd! both times with 78 points.

Love the Team Ethos!

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

The problem with trying to top Bayern is that they almost never draw a league game, yes, they may lose 3-4 but they usually win the rest. I am playing in Germany as Hertha and have gone undefeated twice and come in 3rd! both times with 78 points.

Love the Team Ethos!

Nice to hear from you, @Hootieleece :) 

About Bayern... Yeah. Absolutely. They are relentless. I know this reflects real life pretty accurately but still... at least we were able to topple them twice last season , so take that, Bayern! ;) 

22 hours ago, Carambau said:

Nice to hear from you, @Hootieleece :) 

About Bayern... Yeah. Absolutely. They are relentless. I know this reflects real life pretty accurately but still... at least we were able to topple them twice last season , so take that, Bayern! ;) 

Great progress made in here! :thup:

I wonder if you’d swap one of those wins against Bayern Munich for the cup loss (though checking the table would mean finishing outside the UCL places and not doing the double). Probably not I reckon.

22 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Great progress made in here! :thup:

I wonder if you’d swap one of those wins against Bayern Munich for the cup loss (though checking the table would mean finishing outside the UCL places and not doing the double). Probably not I reckon.

Thank You :)

As for your question... I think I´d take the UCL over the Bayern Wins ;) 

spacer.png

SEASON 2031/2032

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Sosa left for Italy as his contract ran out and Orihuela wasnt getting any regular first team football anyway. The others get match practice elsewhere.

spacer.png

Another striker in Maicol Solis. The 22 year old Colombian is one of the fastest attackers in the league I reckon. Federico is another Colombian, but for our central defense and he can also play as Left Back. Jonathan Goikoetxea is the successor of Borna Sosa on the left. Fabian Kassler is another option for the AMC role.

THE SQUAD 

spacer.png

Call us FC Colombia! We got 4 players from the country right now and they have been and still are a success! Our scouts concentrate on that region now, so maybe there will be more to come. Dalil Bey joins from our U19 team to improve the domestic quota in our team. I am not so sure about our quality in goal anymore. Maybe it is time to look for a new keeper after this season. But for now - bring on the UEFA Champions League!

THE TACTICAL APPROACH

spacer.png

THE KEY PLAYERS

Andreas Andersson

spacer.png

Our Box-To-Box-Midfielder.

Ben Nelson

spacer.png

The leader from the back.

Hector Celis

spacer.png

The World Class Right Back.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2031/2032

THE SEASON

THE LEAGUE

spacer.png

You guessed it! We won the DFB Pokal again! Otherwise the "UEL" icon wouldnt be there. It was a very close season with at tight battle for those european places, in the end it was Leverkusen who were the unlucky ones who missed out. Luckily we were able to qualify via the cup win. Our league season wasnt that good all in all, we have to be honest here. We need to do better if we want to establish ourselves as one of the top teams of the Bundesliga.

spacer.png

2 of our players among the top players in the attacking charts of the Bundesliga!

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

We signed 2 more players from Colombia! They were absolute steals when looking at their attributes. Young talents, and Pit Schnaus, another domestic player. Kolar finally left as he was complaining over and over again. Off you go.

THE CUPS

spacer.png

It wasn´t Bayern this time in the final and I guess that´s why we won so comfortably. It took us some time to break the deadlock but from then on it went smoothly. On our way to the final we defeated Havelse, Magdeburg, Leverkusen, Augsburg and RB Leipzig.

spacer.png

This time we managed to make it out of our group, leaving heavyweights Inter behind us after we lost only one game (against Porto). Then we met Benfica in the first knockout round and thrashed them 4-0 in the first leg at home before losing 1-2 away but we made it to the quarter finals against big FC Barcelona. After a great fight, we lost the first leg at home 1-2 and lost 0-2 in Barcelona. A wonderful european season! 

THE YOUTH TEAM

spacer.png

Again a very poor intake.

THE SEASON STATS

spacer.png

So we got 5 Colombian players in our squad now. And one is out on loan, so all in all 6 Colombian players. I don´t know what I am doing here unconsciously, but I like it as our success speaks for itself. Solis scored 26 goals, we havent had that in the top tier yet. Duda also showed his development isn´t over by far. Winter signing Posenato immediately became one of our best players. As Englishmen Joyce & Dewhurst are declining obviously we have to find a solution for both us and them.

Edited by Carambau

On 05/03/2022 at 09:37, Carambau said:

Call us FC Colombia! We got 4 players from the country right now and they have been and still are a success! Our scouts concentrate on that region now, so maybe there will be more to come. 

Such a goldmine for quality, cheap players!

You've made some excellent progress in a relatively short period of time. Keep it up!

16 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Such a goldmine for quality, cheap players!

You've made some excellent progress in a relatively short period of time. Keep it up!

Yeah, and I think I should keep diggin´there ;) 

3 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Yeah, and I think I should keep diggin´there ;) 

How are you doing it? Just CTRL+A and ‘Scout’ on their national teams or are your scouts finding these youngsters?

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

How are you doing it? Just CTRL+A and ‘Scout’ on their national teams or are your scouts finding these youngsters?

The first ones were brought up by my scouts. As they turned out great players, I kept checking the colombian youth national teams and scouted the players there :) 

spacer.png

SEASON 2032/2033

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Andersson wanted to leave for a bigger club and we let him. Dewhurst was beginning to decline anyway so he was let go too. Mareval needed to leave as well. Same for Gunnarsson who was surplus to requirements now.

spacer.png

FOUR new Colombian players! Only Müller is our domestic purchase, he will have to mentor Angulo.

THE SQUAD 

spacer.png

Now it´s TEN Colombians. I wonder where this will lead us. Up to now it is looking ridiculously good. Melio. Posenato & Balanta are just such great talents..

THE TACTICAL APPROACH

spacer.png

THE KEY PLAYERS

Octavio Posenato

spacer.png

The Midfield Maestro.

Ben Nelson

spacer.png

The Anchor Man.

Hector Celis

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

32 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Now it´s TEN Colombians. I wonder where this will lead us. Up to now it is looking ridiculously good. Melio. Posenato & Balanta are just such great talents..

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team with such a split, demographically. How has this impacted your social groups? Would be lovely to have your Colombian group, maybe with other Spanish speakers, and then a group of the others.

On 06/03/2022 at 17:05, _Ben_ said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team with such a split, demographically. How has this impacted your social groups? Would be lovely to have your Colombian group, maybe with other Spanish speakers, and then a group of the others.

They actually are all in one group, you are right, I just checked :) But there are other players in it too.

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

You’ve become like that club (what was it’s name again?) in Belgium was, except that club had African players. 

Except you won the cup. Congrats :thup:

Edited by Sonic Youth
Congrats

On 06/03/2022 at 19:31, Carambau said:

spacer.png

SEASON 2032/2033

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Andersson wanted to leave for a bigger club and we let him. Dewhurst was beginning to decline anyway so he was let go too. Mareval needed to leave as well. Same for Gunnarsson who was surplus to requirements now.

spacer.png

FOUR new Colombian players! Only Müller is our domestic purchase, he will have to mentor Angulo.

THE SQUAD 

spacer.png

THE TACTICAL APPROACH

spacer.png

THE KEY PLAYERS

Octavio Posenato

spacer.png

The Midfield Maestro.

Ben Nelson

spacer.png

The Anchor Man.

Hector Celis

spacer.png

How do you manage to play through the season this quickly? Do you simulate matches? Or go on holiday?

Because I don't think I could ever get through the season as quickly as you do :lol:

On 06/03/2022 at 14:37, Carambau said:

spacer.png

SEASON 2031/2032

THE SEASON

THE LEAGUE

spacer.png

You guessed it! We won the DFB Pokal again! Otherwise the "UEL" icon wouldnt be there. It was a very close season with at tight battle for those european places, in the end it was Leverkusen who were the unlucky ones who missed out. Luckily we were able to qualify via the cup win. Our league season wasnt that good all in all, we have to be honest here. We need to do better if we want to establish ourselves as one of the top teams of the Bundesliga.

spacer.png

2 of our players among the top players in the attacking charts of the Bundesliga!

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

We signed 2 more players from Colombia! They were absolute steals when looking at their attributes. Young talents, and Pit Schnaus, another domestic player. Kolar finally left as he was complaining over and over again. Off you go.

THE CUPS

spacer.png

It wasn´t Bayern this time in the final and I guess that´s why we won so comfortably. It took us some time to break the deadlock but from then on it went smoothly. On our way to the final we defeated Havelse, Magdeburg, Leverkusen, Augsburg and RB Leipzig.

spacer.png

This time we managed to make it out of our group, leaving heavyweights Inter behind us after we lost only one game (against Porto). Then we met Benfica in the first knockout round and thrashed them 4-0 in the first leg at home before losing 1-2 away but we made it to the quarter finals against big FC Barcelona. After a great fight, we lost the first leg at home 1-2 and lost 0-2 in Barcelona. A wonderful european season! 

THE YOUTH TEAM

spacer.png

Again a very poor intake.

THE SEASON STATS

spacer.png

So we got 5 Colombian players in our squad now. And one is out on loan, so all in all 6 Colombian players. I don´t know what I am doing here unconsciously, but I like it as our success speaks for itself. Solis scored 26 goals, we havent had that in the top tier yet. Duda also showed his development isn´t over by far. Winter signing Posenato immediately became one of our best players. As Englishmen Joyce & Dewhurst are declining obviously we have to find a solution for both us and them.

Also, I like your use of Colombians. Admittedly, its widely known that it is a gold mine for wonderkids. But hey, still, great job!

Although more recently, the Balkan nations have been more successful for me than South America, especially because it is cheaper to scout due to the proximity of the club to the region (I mostly play as European teams, so...). Perhaps that could be another area you could scout. 

3 hours ago, haier_fm said:

How do you manage to play through the season this quickly? Do you simulate matches? Or go on holiday?

Because I don't think I could ever get through the season as quickly as you do :lol:

Also, I like your use of Colombians. Admittedly, its widely known that it is a gold mine for wonderkids. But hey, still, great job!

Although more recently, the Balkan nations have been more successful for me than South America, especially because it is cheaper to scout due to the proximity of the club to the region (I mostly play as European teams, so...). Perhaps that could be another area you could scout. 

I leave the games to my assistant manager, so its the instant result button here :) 

And as you mentioned it, I was also thinking about Balkan players but didnt get the players I wanted that easily so I switched to South America...

22 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

You’ve become like that club (what was it’s name again?) in Belgium was, except that club had African players. 

Except you won the cup. Congrats :thup:

Was it Eupen? 

Thanks mate :)

Edited by Carambau

Just make sure your players aren't mules for the illicit drug trade....

Great work though never thought of only recruiting one country for players other than Country the team is in......except I am usually partial to Argentina.

On 09/03/2022 at 11:10, Sonic Youth said:

Your right! Didn’t know it was bought out by the Qataries and had links to Aspire!

Now, thats what I did not know either :eek:

On 09/03/2022 at 12:23, Hootieleece said:

Just make sure your players aren't mules for the illicit drug trade....

Great work though never thought of only recruiting one country for players other than Country the team is in......except I am usually partial to Argentina.

You never know ;)

This wasn´t planned at all. But the thought from someday on in the save kept creeping into my mind and whispering "Team of Colombians! Team of Colombians!" and I finally gave in :) 

Edited by Carambau

• Carambau changed the title to Bowling for Colombia (the thread formerly known as Shadow Manager: Learning My Lesson In Essen)

spacer.png

SEASON 2032/2033

THE SEASON

THE LEAGUE

spacer.png

We make history again! Our best ever finish! We could never catch Bayern but there is a respectable gap between us and the rest, among which were some real big guns! Good times - Champions League here we come again! 

spacer.png

Maicol Colis finished 3rd in the goalscorers charts.

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

spacer.png

We let Florian Müller go after only half a season but his Colombian counterpart just is so much better, and younger. After that, we went and purchased the Colombian U21 national keeper.

THE CUPS

spacer.png

Of course it was Bayern again and we once more had no chance. Congrats on making the final again, however.

spacer.png

The Europa League group was easy and we went on to meet RB Salzburg in the knockout rounds. We won both games, 4-0 at home and 2-0 away. Next was Wolfsburg in the quarter finals. This was a closer affair, but me made it through after a 2-0 win at home and a 1-2 defeat away, when Matteo Buelvas broke the Wolves´ fans hearts when he scored in stoppage time. So we made it to the semis! But Liverpool hammered us 5-2 at Anfield and our 1-0 win in the return leg wasnt enough to see us through. But what a nice ride that was!

THE YOUTH TEAM

spacer.png

They did better this year than the last seasons.

spacer.png

No comment.

THE SEASON STATS

spacer.png

Solis & Buelvas were a great attacking force this season! They are the perfect pair-the goals that Solis does not score, Buelvas will. Angulo turned out to be our best transfer this season as he is a fantastic shot-stopper. The RW Colombia team is cruising!  

NEWS

spacer.png

Well this came as a surprise. No one expected that, he didn´t even play that much for us. This just undermines my theory of this award being very biased towards the player´s players. Anyway - Congratulations! Nice to have a Golden Boy in our squad!

spacer.png

We have got a feeder club now. And it is just around the corner.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2033/2034

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Some long-time servants here. Joyce & Samudio were great players for us but now its time to build RW Colombia so they had to leave.  No exceptions here.

spacer.png

Ibarguen is a great winger who already played in the EPL some seasons. Solis is a young central midfielder, while Vega, Cuertas & Barrios add depth to our defence. Escobar is a 18 year old winger who was loaned back to his original club until the end of their season.

spacer.png

Altough not all of our fans do appreciate this.

THE SQUAD 

spacer.png

The clock is ticking for Nelson & Duda but they are just too good to get rid of them already. The plan is to have a team of Germans & Colombians so the domestic and european registration rules do not get in the way. So far, it is looking good, as the Colombian players who are here longer soon will be counted as domestic players. The Colombian Revolution is on the way.

spacer.png

Nelson & Duda are already in a secondary social group with 2 german players. Maybe they already feel what their future fate will be?

spacer.png

We could already field a complete team of Colombian players with the bench filled.

THE TACTICAL APPROACH

spacer.png

THE KEY PLAYERS

Octavio Posenato

spacer.png

The Midfield Maestro.

Maicol Solis

spacer.png

The Hitman.

Hector Celis

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

• Carambau changed the title to Shadow Manager: Learning My Lesson In Essen
1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

Make sure you double their ration of marching powder this season! :D

You should easily win the Cup this season. Bayern are an absolute monster on my save

Will do! They are better in the winter months when it snows anyway ;)

As long as Bayern are also in the Cup, it´s gonna be hard enough I guess... 

spacer.png

SEASON 2033/2034

THE SEASON

THE LEAGUE

spacer.png

We finished 3rd this time. Worse than last season but anyway, it was a good year nevertheless. And we are back in the Champions League.

spacer.png

Hector Celis has become one of the best right backs in world football.

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

The last non-german and non-colombian players have gone. We receive some record breaking fee for all of them, filling our war chest even more. Sadly, we also had to let Octavio Posenato leave for Chelsea as he would not accept a No. However, we signed some replacement for him.

spacer.png

All young Colombian players, 18 year old striker Negrete gets loaned back immediately. Sam Doherty is half American, hence the name.

THE CUPS

spacer.png

Not really a success story in the DFB Pokal this year. We go out 0-1 against Leverkusen in the third round. A real disappointment.

spacer.png

In the Champions League group we showed that we are a force to be reckoned with as we finished behind Barcelona in second place. Then we met Liverpool in the first knockout round and went out after a goalless draw at home and a crushing 1-4 defeat at Anfield. They seem to have become our bogey team in europe!

THE YOUTH TEAM

spacer.png

Our youngsters quaiified for the playoffs after years of mediocre performances...

spacer.png

...and they went on to win it! 

spacer.png

They went on to win the Junioren DFB-Pokal as well...

spacer.png

...and made it to the final of the UEFA Youth League where they lost after penalties only! What a year for the youngsters!

spacer.png

Even the Youth Intake was not that bad this season! 

A pity they are not Colombian!

THE SEASON STATS

spacer.png

The almost all-Colombian RW Essen team. Behold. It´s still a work in progress though. But I think the last 3 german players will be gone next year by this time.

COLOMBIA AT THE WORLD CUP 2034

Spoiler

spacer.png

A lot of our players were called up for the World Cup.

spacer.png

They qualified for the knockout stages...

spacer.png

...only to lose against Serbia in a hard fought match.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2034/2035

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Former Golden Boy Pit Schnaus leaves and we only get 3.3M for him.

spacer.png

Just a bunch of talented colombian youngsters, maybe Manrique will get some more playing time.

THE SQUAD 

spacer.png

It has finally happened. Our squad consists only of Colombian players. This will cause some problems when registering for the Champions League but I am optimistic that we can achieve something this season with this tight-knit bunch. So many great talents with fantastic potential here.

THE TACTICAL APPROACH

spacer.png

THE KEY PLAYERS

Manuel Jimenez

spacer.png

The Leader from the Back.

Maicol Solis

spacer.png

The Hitman.

Hector Celis

spacer.png