Unique IDs

niklas88

Hi.
Does anyone know if the Unique ID's been the same for all persons for all iterations of FM?
If I understand correctly there's a main database where people get deactivated.
Does this mean that once an ID has been assigned, e.g. in FM10, and that player retires the ID will never be used for another person?
Is it the same for clubs and nations?
I can check this myself later but i thought i'd ask if anyone already knows?

regards Niklas 

8 hours ago, niklas88 said:

Hi.
Does anyone know if the Unique ID's been the same for all persons for all iterations of FM?
If I understand correctly there's a main database where people get deactivated.
Does this mean that once an ID has been assigned, e.g. in FM10, and that player retires the ID will never be used for another person?
Is it the same for clubs and nations?
I can check this myself later but i thought i'd ask if anyone already knows?

regards Niklas 

With players, every player created is in database, these who are deceased or set to not be extracted to main game (for example if player went abroad to college or to work overseas) - can be added/removed if needed.

Regarding clubs, the situation is basically the same as with players, but if club is extinct and new club is created (a lot of italian clubs for example, or many middle and eastern europe clubs) we can set in the database which club is the 'succesor' (basically a phoenix club).

So this is the wonderful thing about custom graphics - facepacks from fm22 will work in fm17.

Okay, perfect :)

I'm trying to get my old FM 2006 to run again, managed to get it working through a virtual machine.
The annoying thing is the old editor for 06  is really limited so it's hard to compare things.
Is there a way to find out where the unique id's end for 06?

11 hours ago, niklas88 said:

Is there a way to find out where the unique id's end for 06?

If you can on the FM06 editor, in a filter search on the unique ID put in a random high number and search for at most, and then sort the results by highest first.

I don't have the editor on this computer but i'm fairly certain that you can't search, or even see or sort by Unique ID, at least i haven't found a way.
Maybe you can in the game, will try later tonight.

Do you know if every new ID is always a larger number?
I have found some players that is too young for 06 but is on the game in 07, when i know their ID can I be certain that every ID higher than that can't be in 06?

1 hour ago, niklas88 said:

I don't have the editor on this computer but i'm fairly certain that you can't search, or even see or sort by Unique ID, at least i haven't found a way.
Maybe you can in the game, will try later tonight.

Do you know if every new ID is always a larger number?
I have found some players that is too young for 06 but is on the game in 07, when i know their ID can I be certain that every ID higher than that can't be in 06?

Ah okay, it’s been so long since I’ve had that I can’t remember what it’s like. The sorting by Unique ID would just mean clicking on a heading in the list of records, you shouldn’t need to do anything else.

Every record you add it always adds 1 to the ID. Each “section” in the database has its own set of unique IDs, so there might be some crossover in numbers but the game is pulling the information from a different source within so you won’t get any clashes.