Game start date

mijat026

I think the game should start when players are on holiday, example a week or two before regular start dates. The way it is now, when you join a club in on a regular start date you may find yourself in a situation with example 2/7 coaches or no assistant manager and the time it takes to get all staff together might be cruical.

• SI Staff

There are a variety of different options for start dates with most leagues already. I understand the point about staffing teams, but I'm struggling to think of any instance where you have to start the game with a depleted staff team unless that's what you opt for. 

Do you have any thoughts on other benefits that could be obtained? Given the way a lot of mechanics work (such as the intra-squad friendly on joining for example) it might not be as simple as start dates once the players are available so it would be good to see where else you think this could benefit @mijat026

On 22/02/2022 at 21:38, Michael Sant said:

There are a variety of different options for start dates with most leagues already. I understand the point about staffing teams, but I'm struggling to think of any instance where you have to start the game with a depleted staff team unless that's what you opt for. 

Do you have any thoughts on other benefits that could be obtained? Given the way a lot of mechanics work (such as the intra-squad friendly on joining for example) it might not be as simple as start dates once the players are available so it would be good to see where else you think this could benefit @mijat026

Actually, this was a proposition that would suit my playing style the most, because I like starting the game earlier in order to sign the staff I need and micro-manage everything without jumping straight into action on the 1st day of preseason when the team is already training without maybe enough coaches and the fact that I would have to do tactics, individual training, finding staff in a single day when starting on a regular preseason date... To sum it up all it is mainly about staff recruiment. Another proposition would be to add a possibility of disabling the winter transfer windows besides the summer one.

• 6 months later...