Forest of Dean

Celtic501

I am creating the Royal Forest of Dean as a nation but I'm finding it hard to find the number of teams that play within it. I was wondering if anybody had any idea of a website that lists clubs from a certain area. To note the land area is about the same as Andorra, with a population estimated at around 50-60k.

16 hours ago, Celtic501 said:

I am creating the Royal Forest of Dean as a nation but I'm finding it hard to find the number of teams that play within it. I was wondering if anybody had any idea of a website that lists clubs from a certain area. To note the land area is about the same as Andorra, with a population estimated at around 50-60k.

You’ll need the Cheltenham League, North Gloucestershire League teams looking at the towns and villages part on the Wikipedia article about the Forest of Dean.

County wise you’ve got the Gloucestershire FA, which run a variety of competitions for both North and South Gloucestershire.

Edited by FCUtdWill

9 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

You’ll need the Cheltenham League, North Gloucestershire League teams looking at the towns and villages part on the Wikipedia article about the Forest of Dean.

County wise you’ve got the Gloucestershire FA, which run a variety of competitions for both North and South Gloucestershire.

Thanks for the info. Yeah research is key it can be easy to miss clubs and as this is a small nation obviously want as many clubs as possible. 

12 hours ago, Celtic501 said:

Thanks for the info. Yeah research is key it can be easy to miss clubs and as this is a small nation obviously want as many clubs as possible. 

No problem, both leagues I’ve mentioned do have websites with info about the clubs. I wouldn’t worry too much about club colours as you can press randomise kits on them all in a touch of a button.

1 hour ago, nine_iron said:

The websites I used to use, the football pyramid one, are gone!

A good spreadsheet and some internet sleuthing usually works well

I remember that site well, was definitely useful!

All the leagues are easy to find, I’ve got them all in a spreadsheet myself.