Overhaul of Stadium and Training Ground Facility improvements

copypro

I think its time for an overhaul on the whole facilities upgrade system, as it currently feels dated and limited.  It seems that we have very little control when requesting upgrades where you have a chat with the board and plead your case and basically end up with a yes or no answer with an explanation.

What I would like to see is a brand new section dedicated to upgrades for everything involving the club you manage.  Why not have a a section where you can view your entire stadium blueprint (3D or 2D)? and instead of merely asking for a random expansion (which you have no clue how large its going to be or how much it will cost), you get to pick which part of the ground you want to renovate?  If you're a smaller club with smaller finances why not be able to choose a small part of the ground and be specific about how many seats etc you want to add to that section that falls into your budget rather than being flatly denied an expensive expansion by your board? 

Why not be able to select the pitch and chose to re-lay the turf or request a semi-artificial pitch or even click the roof and request a retractable one?  Why not be able to click on an area outside the stadium and build a club shop? Why not be able to select your training ground and add more training pitches or a gym?  It seems that this feature has endless possibilities and would take FM to the next level.  I think this feature could have massive potential and will bring a lot more excitement to the game in the way of club facilities.

I also do not think this request makes Football Manager turn into 'Football Chairman' as there are already many things in the game that managers simply don't do that we have control over (like staff wages, hiring and firing staff etc).

Edited by copypro

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

We do receive suggestions in this area from time to time and so far it hasn't been something we've looked at as a design choice, but we'll keep your suggestions in mind should that change in the future.