Will they please let us set ticket prices?

EvilWolf1980

I took Wrexham from the Vanarama National League to the premier league and we are back to back premier league champions and 1 time champions league winner. its the year 2050. ticket prices are still under £20 and season tickets are still under £300. our stadium is under 20k and we sell out every game but we cant expand the stadium as the club is barely staying in the black and out of the red everytime I ask for stadium expansion its rejected as the club is broke. I am signing players on the cheap and selling for a profit just to have some transfer funds as I got a message saying the owner is nolonger interested in investing in the club. we was taken over 5 years ago but the owners are broke. there was 2 rumoured take overs both fell through. I am thinking of leaving the club and looking for another one simply because I want better ticket prices to reflect where we are in the league not the one we started out in.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Ticket prices aren't within the remit of a manager at a club. It's also worth mentioning that even with higher ticket prices the money that comes in would largely be negligible compared to the main revenue sources of Premier League TV money and CL money. It does sound like you've hit a bit of a spell where you've had an owner who financed the elevation of the club, or at least higher spending and has now withdrawn this. It can be dispiriting but its a reality of football management that owners can lose interest. 

Even if ticket prices were £100 per game, you'd maybe be better off around £30m a year which isn't substantial at that level. 

Overall though, while it is an idea we have seen raised before its something we will keep in mind moving forward.