[FM22.4] 40 team World Cup

5 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

For those, like me, unhappy with the idea of a 48 team World Cup and 3 team groups from 2026 here's an alternative. From 2026 onwards the WC will change to a 40 team format with 5 teams per group. The top 2 will go through to the knockouts, as they do now, and things are unchanged from that point on.

World Cup 40 teams.fmf 47 kB · 2 downloads

World Cup 40 teams + Country Changes.fmf 47 kB · 1 download

The Country Changes version of the file also includes Kazakhstan and Israel being moved to Asia (this affects the senior international side only. Clubs and youth international teams will still compete in Europe) and Monaco being made a full FIFA member. I made this version for my own save, adding it in case anybody else is interested in such changes.

20220320222728_1.thumb.jpg.b7e0e95035a1331a57e7a97d140e73ff.jpg

20220320222810_1.thumb.jpg.ef822754759fc5d28fdbee107418a4c0.jpg

The 2022 WC is still the standard 32 team one (although no guarantee the qualifying groups are accurate to real life), the changes don't come into effect until after that. For 2026 onwards the qualifying format is as follows:

Africa: 6 direct WC places + 6 playoff places
Americas (North/South combined qualifying): 8 direct WC places + 4 playoff places
Asia-Oceania (only the final stage is combined): 6 direct WC places + 6 playoff places
Europe: 10 direct WC places + 10 playoff places
Playoff: 26 playoff teams with 2 rounds of matches, the 9 winners in the final round qualify for the WC
+ the host qualifies automatically

Other changes (SO many things are connected to the WC and had to be re-created so this may not be a complete list):
WC host selection has been changed. Unfortunately this means it can now be in the same continent twice in a row, it does mean it's not locked to a small list of countries though so there may be a more diverse set of hosts. The 2026 edition was changed to be hosted be the USA alone.
The African Cup of Nations now alternates between summer and winter tournaments so a January African Nations only happens every 4 years, rather than every 2. Host selection has been updated to only select countries that have climates suitable for that time of year.
The Asian Cup also alternates between summer and winter and has also had host selection changes to account for that (it's no longer locked to just repeat 7 or so countries!). So Asian players will only have a major international tournament in January every 8 years.
The Asian Cup qualifiers have also been adjusted to account for the altered WC qualifying format. The Asian Solidarity Cup too.
The European Championship has also had it's host selection changed, no more rotating between a small list of countries!
The OFC Nations Cup has a slightly altered format and Australia are now eligible to host it too (which would see them participate in it too, giving New Zealand a real challenge!).
The Super Cup for European Championship and Copa America winners has had its possible host pool expanded too, it will still rotate between America (now including possible North American hosts) and Europe though.

Also, shameless self plug but I'd recommend pairing this file with my expanded Copa America file linked below. The two files were planned to work together so the international match calendars for both are co-ordinated meaning no fixture congestion issues whatsoever. Plus South American teams are going to play 8-11 less WC qualifying matches under this formate than they currently do, so it's nice to have something else to bolster their international calendar a bit.

and anyways i was wonder if you gonna to do European Competitons,Club World Cup and Australia as 2022 world Cup and games been take place in summer

6 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

and anyways i was wonder if you gonna to do European Competitons,Club World Cup and Australia as 2022 world Cup and games been take place in summer

I have no plans for those, sorry. I'm pretty happy with how European competitions currently are, there's nothing I want to change there. I do kind of want to change the dates for the Club World Cup, but that's all.

Changing the 2022 World Cup to summer in Australia shouldn't be too difficult. It may require a complete re-build of the WC and qualifying since it needs to be fixed format (and therefore completely overwrite the game's default WC/qualifying) in order for the host to be changed. Although the above file has basically already done that. The summer dates are already attached to the world cup, you'd just need to tell it not to end them in 2018 and delete the 2022 dates. You'd also need to change the date of the WC playoff since that's currently in June and would clash with the WC.

13 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

I have no plans for those, sorry. I'm pretty happy with how European competitions currently are, there's nothing I want to change there. I do kind of want to change the dates for the Club World Cup, but that's all.

Changing the 2022 World Cup to summer in Australia shouldn't be too difficult. It may require a complete re-build of the WC and qualifying since it needs to be fixed format (and therefore completely overwrite the game's default WC/qualifying) in order for the host to be changed. Although the above file has basically already done that. The summer dates are already attached to the world cup, you'd just need to tell it not to end them in 2018 and delete the 2022 dates. You'd also need to change the date of the WC playoff since that's currently in June and would clash with the WC.

So anyways so can i fix it up European Competitons and i wonder if you want to make Confedations Cup and how about 2024 Format of European Competitions they are just bad as ESL

so you gonna to make 16 teams for CWC or you want to keep 7 teams

22 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

So anyways so can i fix it up European Competitons and i wonder if you want to make Confedations Cup and how about 2024 Format of European Competitions they are just bad as ESL

so you gonna to make 16 teams for CWC or you want to keep 7 teams

No plans to do anything more, sorry. I'm done with editing for FM22, time to actually play the game!

I did finish my CWC file though. I just moved it into July (the cross-season part of it messing up player's career histories if they then move clubs in July annoyed me, basically the only reason I made changes). I wasn't able to figure out how to get previous CL winners so it just takes teams from the current CL, so team selection is probably a bit worse than the default one. I also added a couple extra awards and made it a completely separate competition from the 7 team one so it has a completely blank history (I renamed the old one the Intercontinental Cup).

Here's the file if you're interested
Club World Cup.fmf

Edited by rusty217

New version uploaded. The previous version had a pretty big error in that 3 of the top ranked nations (usually including the USA and Mexico) would be excluded from 2022 World Cup Qualifying. That should now be fixed.

Spent all my time making sure 2026 and beyond worked and I messed up 2022 :(

2 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

New version uploaded. The previous version had a pretty big error in that 3 of the top ranked nations (usually including the USA and Mexico) would be excluded from 2022 World Cup Qualifying. That should now be fixed.

Spent all my time making sure 2026 and beyond worked and I messed up 2022 :(

so club world cup 7 teams instead of 16 teams and oh man what shame that you decide to retire from editing

4 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

so club world cup 7 teams instead of 16 teams and oh man what shame that you decide to retire from editing

If you're looking for a 7 team CWC I believe somebody else has already done that.

And yep, I'm done. I only edit things that I want for my save, now I've finally started my save so probably no more editing until FM24 (typically stick to one game for 2 years before buying a new version). I've got a couple more files I've done that I'll probably upload here soon, so I'll do some error fixes if people notice any, but that's all.

I also don't like 40 or 48 WC projects, when you take nearly 25% of the the world, for me i like around 24-28 max.

if you wish to avoid 3-5 teams per group (which increase chances of match fixing in final day)

you can start the world cup with this 36 teams:

• 12 teams go directly to 2nd round of world cup (group stage)
  • 24 teams to play in  knockout stage

1st round (Knock-out stage)

24 teams knockout stage ( 12 matches )

2nd round (group stage)

4 groups ( 6 for each )

• 12 teams which directly reach to this stage
  • plus 12 teams from 1st round

each group would be more competitive, and each team could play 5 games, and have a chance to recover if they didn't get something from the first matches, there is 3 more games.

3nd round

•  you can either take top 2 teams ( quarter final )
  • OR if you wish to give 3rd teams a chance and group winners a bye 2nd & 3rd teams of 2nd round ( 8 teams ) play each to take 4 and play groups winners to last 8 (quarter final) ..

• rusty217 changed the title to [FM22.4] 40 team World Cup
2 hours ago, anitamui said:

Game Crashed on 13 July 2026,said Football Manager is running dangerously low on memory

wouldyou fix?

This means you need to upgrade your ram , I used to have the same issue until I upgrade my laptop 

5 hours ago, anitamui said:

Game Crashed on 13 July 2026,said Football Manager is running dangerously low on memory

wouldyou fix?

Sorry, I don't think there's anything I can do about that. I haven't properly played that far yet, but I've holidayed into the 2100s without issue before.

As the post above says, how much RAM do you have? Additionally, I believe that issue can be caused by running too many leagues or having lots of custom graphics. If upgrading your computer isn't an option, maybe removing some leagues or graphics could help?

14 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

why does russia have no staff is it hardcoded? 

The last time I checked on Russia in the newest update, Russia is excluded from the Official World Rankings (No ranking for Russia) and they also cannot do friendly matches and international competitions in all levels (Senior, U23, U21, and U19) including friendly matches but I still saw Valery Karpin as its manager.

On 03/04/2022 at 21:27, omarsorto6 said:

Is it possible to include all the nations in Concacaf even those who are not fifa members

Yes, it'd be quite easy actually. firstly you could just add those countries as FIFA members (in a separate file or the 40 team WC file). I've set up my qualifying systems to automatically adjust for extra teams. American qualifying can handle a maximum of 54 teams. Currently there are 45 FIFA members in the Americas, so another 9 could be included without having to make any adjustments. I believe that's enough for all of the non-FIFA members. Although word of warning, the 2022 qualifying can't handle additional teams and will exclude the highest ranked teams (eg. the US, Mexico etc.) if more FIFA members are added. It will be fine for 2026 onwards though.

Alternatively you could edit the WC file above to include non-FIFA members too. Load it up, go to FIFA World Cup American Qualifying Section > Teams > Team Pool > Get Best National Teams North America and untick the Worldwide Governing Body Full Member box. Save and test the file. And that's it, it should now include non-FIFA members.

1 hour ago, Zapoleon said:

why does russia have no staff is it hardcoded? 

Most likely. At least, I haven't changed them. There may be ways around it similar to other teams that lack staff, but I'm not sure what you'd need to do or if it's even possible, sorry.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Yes, it'd be quite easy actually. firstly you could just add those countries as FIFA members (in a separate file or the 40 team WC file). I've set up my qualifying systems to automatically adjust for extra teams. American qualifying can handle a maximum of 54 teams. Currently there are 45 FIFA members in the Americas, so another 9 could be included without having to make any adjustments. I believe that's enough for all of the non-FIFA members. Although word of warning, the 2022 qualifying can't handle additional teams and will exclude the highest ranked teams (eg. the US, Mexico etc.) if more FIFA members are added. It will be fine for 2026 onwards though.

Alternatively you could edit the WC file above to include non-FIFA members too. Load it up, go to FIFA World Cup American Qualifying Section > Teams > Team Pool > Get Best National Teams North America and untick the Worldwide Governing Body Full Member box. Save and test the file. And that's it, it should now include non-FIFA members.

Thank you so much for this bro I love the idea of mergering The Americas into one continent . 

I assume just moving Russia to Asia doesn't automatically make Russian clubs qualify for the AFC Champions League, right? If I wanted to do that, would it be tremendously difficult? 

4 hours ago, woow123 said:

I assume just moving Russia to Asia doesn't automatically make Russian clubs qualify for the AFC Champions League, right? If I wanted to do that, would it be tremendously difficult? 

It doesn't, sorry. There's a reason the version with Israel and Kazakhstan in Asia keep their club teams in Europe. Asia just doesn't automatically update to include other clubs.

It would be pretty difficult, yes. It would require a complete rebuild of Asian club competitions from scratch pretty much.

12 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It would be pretty difficult, yes. It would require a complete rebuild of Asian club competitions from scratch pretty much.

That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine ever having the time required to do this. I guess the one upside is that the AFC champions competition doesn't have nearly as intricate a slot allocation system as Europe (I don't even know if in the game it's dynamic at all).

22 hours ago, woow123 said:

I have a file that @Carlito85 done in the past and update for fm22 of the Asia CL I moved  Kazakhstan and Russia back to Asia and they play the National competitions

9 hours ago, woow123 said:

That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine ever having the time required to do this. I guess the one upside is that the AFC champions competition doesn't have nearly as intricate a slot allocation system as Europe (I don't even know if in the game it's dynamic at all).

AFC's is probably more intricate than UEFA's actually. It is dynamic, but it's also split in two. Rather than the top 4 nations getting 4 places, it's the top 4 eastern and top 4 western nations, with countries in the middle (eg. India, Bangladesh etc.) being able to switch between east/west depending on how many other teams there are.

I'm pretty sure that's why adding new countries to Asia doesn't add them to the qualifying system too, the game doesn't know whether they should be classed as eastern or western.

33 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

AFC's is probably more intricate than UEFA's actually. It is dynamic, but it's also split in two. Rather than the top 4 nations getting 4 places, it's the top 4 eastern and top 4 western nations, with countries in the middle (eg. India, Bangladesh etc.) being able to switch between east/west depending on how many other teams there are.

I'm pretty sure that's why adding new countries to Asia doesn't add them to the qualifying system too, the game doesn't know whether they should be classed as eastern or western.

Ah, never mind then. I knew it was weird in real life but I guess I never played in Asia, so i was speaking more or less based on nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, vassilispyrgos said:

question

Does the host of the World Cup appear always in the group A?

Yes. Although if you want to use the file I'd recommend waiting a little bit. Currently working on a couple bugs. Specifically, Russia sneaking into WC qualifying in the version that should exclude them, European teams scheduling friendlies on the same day as the UCL final every time the Euros happens and the OFC Nations Cup taking place one year early.

1 minute ago, rusty217 said:

Yes. Although if you want to use the file I'd recommend waiting a little bit. Currently working on a couple bugs. Specifically, Russia sneaking into WC qualifying in the version that should exclude them, European teams scheduling friendlies on the same day as the UCL final every time the Euros happens and the OFC Nations Cup taking place one year early.

oh ok

i wanted to start a new save with the file but if u tell me that you work on bugs i will wait

5 minutes ago, vassilispyrgos said:

oh ok

i wanted to start a new save with the file but if u tell me that you work on bugs i will wait

It shouldn't be too long. You were asking about the Gold Cup in my Copa America file too, I've been updating the exluding Russia version of this file alongside that. It's pretty much done, just testing to make sure it all works correctly then I can upload both of them.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

It shouldn't be too long. You were asking about the Gold Cup in my Copa America file too, I've been updating the exluding Russia version of this file alongside that. It's pretty much done, just testing to make sure it all works correctly then I can upload both of them.

thats perfect

keep up the good work mate!!!

Edited by vassilispyrgos

7 hours ago, vassilispyrgos said:

Another question :

About WC and Euro hosts could co hosting be applied or not?

No. Co-hosting can't be set up for random host selection. It could be set up for specific countries in specific years, but that's all. I also don't know how to get the qualifying system to adjust for 2 hosts qualifying automatically. I think the default tournaments that allow co-hosting are hard coded to adjust things around that.

23 minutes ago, vassilispyrgos said:

ah ok didnt know that

so did u test the files?

Yeah, there was a problem though. Specifically the UEFA Nations League needs a bit of a rework. I barely made any changes to it myself, but I'm guessing the changes SI made to it in 22.4 to remove Russia conflict with the changes I've done. I know how to fix it, it's just going to take a little longer.

The first 22.4.1 updated version is out. I'll try and roll the changes out to the other versions at some point too.

Russia would still sneak into some competitions in the excluding Russia version, now no more.

The European Championship has been pushed back a week to prevent European teams scheduling friendlies on the same date as the Champions League final. That was a real pain! Nowhere to move the pre-Euro nations league fixtures too, and tightening the selection window for Euro squad selection to prevent pre-tournament friendlies caused some Nations League fixtures to be delayed due to being too close to the start of the tournament, but they were delayed into early July, right in the middle of the tournament. Delaying the whole thing by a week has fixed it though. Some nations still have a friendly in the week between the Nations League and Euros, but that's fine, and there shouldn't be any international call ups during the UCL final at least.

The OFC Nations Cup is now played during the correct year again.

Also, I hate the Nations League! So many issues caused by that!

Edited by rusty217

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

@rusty217

Mate, please tell me this happen because of your file and please tell me it is because I used an older version lol

Hide contents

1377657200_Skrmbild2022-05-24234422.thumb.png.c8536d47f497fe9387827ea9ef99b4cf.png

The no players outside Scandinavia allowed? Wow, sorry about that.

Are you running any other edited files too? I don't think that should happen with just my files. I just checked a few different versions and there aren't any squad rules changes in any of them. It's just set to use the default international rules. I'm wondering if maybe there's another file, perhaps a Scandinavian international tournament one, that adds that rule and with my WC set to use whatever the default is it gets copied other since it's loaded up later when setting up a game.

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Are you running any other edited files too? I don't think that should happen with just my files. I just checked a few different versions and there aren't any squad rules changes in any of them. It's just set to use the default international rules. I'm wondering if maybe there's another file, perhaps a Scandinavian international tournament one, that adds that rule and with my WC set to use whatever the default is it gets copied other since it's loaded up later when setting up a game.

I was just playing, it most definitely was my own doing.

I have 43 files loaded

Thank you for explaining how the rules work, have multiple sims, so I will check them for when it happened

On 25/05/2022 at 06:17, rusty217 said:

I know what did it

I downloaded a U-17 WC file and after that it happened. Looked at game saves before and after, nothing that hinted at it only being Scandinavian based players.

No clue why that would happen though

On 13/07/2022 at 22:56, verazmasri132 said:

i downloaded the one that excludes russia and simulate through 2026 in FM editor but it says that only 1 team found for the african cup of nations. Can you try to sort that one out?

Sorry, only just saw this post. You're right though. From 2024 the qualifying becomes every 4 years instead of every 2 so there aren't any teams (other than the host) qualified for the tournament in the 2 years between. On the plus side the game is pretty good at filling in the blanks, so the AFCON will still run even without qualifying working properly. I'm not sure what exactly is causing qualifying to skip a tournament though so I'm not sure how to fix it yet. I'll post an update if I can figure it out though.

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, anitamui said:

Hi,

Would you like to make a Includes russia version for 22.4?

Sorry, no further updates are planned until FM23 releases. I'm not even sure how to fix the African Nations bug mentioned above.

You could still roll back to 22.3 if you want to play with russia included though.

• 1 month later...
On 20/03/2022 at 07:00, rusty217 said:

For those, like me, unhappy with the idea of a 48 team World Cup and 3 team groups from 2026 here's an alternative. From 2026 onwards the WC will change to a 40 team format with 5 teams per group. The top 2 will go through to the knockouts, as they do now, and things are unchanged from that point on.

FM22.4.1 versions (bugfixes)

World Cup 40 teams Excl Russia.fmf 47.97 kB · 69 downloads

FM22.3 versions

World Cup 40 teams.fmf 47.46 kB · 36 downloads

20220320222728_1.thumb.jpg.b7e0e95035a1331a57e7a97d140e73ff.jpg

20220320222810_1.thumb.jpg.ef822754759fc5d28fdbee107418a4c0.jpg

The 2022 WC is still the standard 32 team one (although no guarantee the qualifying groups are accurate to real life), the changes don't come into effect until after that. For 2026 onwards the qualifying format is as follows:

Africa: 6 direct WC places + 6 playoff places
Americas (North/South combined qualifying): 8 direct WC places + 4 playoff places
Asia-Oceania (only the final stage is combined): 6 direct WC places + 6 playoff places
Europe: 10 direct WC places + 10 playoff places
Playoff: 26 playoff teams with 2 rounds of matches, the 9 winners in the final round qualify for the WC
+ the host qualifies automatically

Other changes (SO many things are connected to the WC and had to be re-created so this may not be a complete list):
WC host selection has been changed. Unfortunately this means it can now be in the same continent twice in a row, it does mean it's not locked to a small list of countries though so there may be a more diverse set of hosts. The 2026 edition was changed to be hosted be the USA alone.
The African Cup of Nations now alternates between summer and winter tournaments so a January African Nations only happens every 4 years, rather than every 2. Host selection has been updated to only select countries that have climates suitable for that time of year.
The Asian Cup also alternates between summer and winter and has also had host selection changes to account for that (it's no longer locked to just repeat 7 or so countries!). So Asian players will only have a major international tournament in January every 8 years.
The Asian Cup qualifiers have also been adjusted to account for the altered WC qualifying format. The Asian Solidarity Cup too.
The European Championship has also had it's host selection changed, no more rotating between a small list of countries!
The OFC Nations Cup has a slightly altered format and Australia are now eligible to host it too (which would see them participate in it too, giving New Zealand a real challenge!).
The Super Cup for European Championship and Copa America winners has had its possible host pool expanded too, it will still rotate between America (now including possible North American hosts) and Europe though.

Also, shameless self plug but I'd recommend pairing this file with my expanded Copa America file linked below. The two files were planned to work together so the international match calendars for both are co-ordinated meaning no fixture congestion issues whatsoever. Plus South American teams are going to play 8-11 less WC qualifying matches under this format than they currently do, so it's nice to have something else to bolster their international calendar a bit.

World Cup 40 teams + Country Changes.fmf 47.52 kB · 43 downloads World Cup 40 teams Excl Russia.fmf 47.5 kB · 29 downloads World Cup 40 teams Incl Russia.fmf 47.48 kB · 59 downloads World Cup 40 teams + Country Changes Excl Russia.fmf 47.59 kB · 35 downloads World Cup 40 teams + Country Changes Incl Russia.fmf 47.55 kB · 43 downloads Russia to Asia.fmf 16.24 kB · 37 downloads

I am trying to do this exact thing, but putting 2026 onward back to the 32 team format. How did you do all this?
What competitions did you have to edit to make it verify correctly ?

I currently have:
WC , WC playoffs, AFCWCQ , asian cup, asian cup Q , AFC solidarity cup, africaWCQ, AFCON, AFCONQ, CONCACAFWCQ, South AmericaWCQ, OFC Nations cup, UEFAWCQ, euros, eurosQ, EurosQPLAYOFF, UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE, Confed Cup
All in 1 advanced rules file. I used CHINA as my nation to add all these competitions.
How did you create this?

26 minutes ago, rbirdy17 said:

I am trying to do this exact thing, but putting 2026 onward back to the 32 team format. How did you do all this?
What competitions did you have to edit to make it verify correctly ?

I currently have:
WC , WC playoffs, AFCWCQ , asian cup, asian cup Q , AFC solidarity cup, africaWCQ, AFCON, AFCONQ, CONCACAFWCQ, South AmericaWCQ, OFC Nations cup, UEFAWCQ, euros, eurosQ, EurosQPLAYOFF, UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE, Confed Cup
All in 1 advanced rules file. I used CHINA as my nation to add all these competitions.
How did you create this?

Using China is probably the issue. It's only looking for domestic competitions and only tries to verify them. I chose Add International Rules when adding rules to the file and then copy/pasted any existing competition rules I could get after that.

I posted my method for extracting international rules and transferring them over here https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

12 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Using China is probably the issue. It's only looking for domestic competitions and only tries to verify them. I chose Add International Rules when adding rules to the file and then copy/pasted any existing competition rules I could get after that.

I posted my method for extracting international rules and transferring them over here https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

Alright, I followed your tutorial and I have the WC alone in its own advanced editor!!
So now, if I want to edit it back to the 32 team WC, do you suggest I follow the tutorial for all the qualifying comps and other comps and their qualifying to the advanced editor aswell and have it all as one big file? Ex. AFCWCQ, solidarity cup, asian cupQ , UEFAWCQ, eurosQ and so on ......    ??

How do you add international rules when adding rules to the file and than copy/pasting any existing comp rules ?

Thanks

Edited by rbirdy17